[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any people who DON'T smoke weed, but support the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: leaf.jpg (15KB, 222x232px) Image search: [Google]
leaf.jpg
15KB, 222x232px
Are there any people who DON'T smoke weed, but support the legalization of it? If so, why?
>>
>>16647953
I dont want my people to keep on dying.
>>
>>16647953
Yes. I live in WA and I voted in support of it, even though I have no desire to partake. I have been around it enough and done enough research on it to know it's far less harmful than shit that's already legal. It's bringing it a lot of needed tax dollars. Our state is not allocating them in the way I wanted (I want them to go almost entirely to roads and education), but I have hope they will adjust their budgets in coming years to reflect that.
>>
I smoke it very rarely because it makes me anxious. But I have a lot of friends that use it for a multitude of symptoms that would otherwise be treated with shitty drugs with shitty side effects. I'm not okay with people rotting in prison or having their lives fucked up in some other way, over something as insignificant as pot possession. Plus if it were legalized it would be better for the economy, provide jobs, be a lot safer (no risk of it being mixed or "cut") etc etc.
>>
>>16647953
Yes because:
>Criminalizing it just causes unnecessary cost for the state and other institutions
>Might destroy the future of people with loads of potential, just because they got caught with a joint in their pockets
>It will be easier to control the consumation and acutally keep consumers away from dangerous stuff
>Alcohol is worse than weed in my opinion so why not. You can drink yourself to death but not smoke yourself to death in one night atleast
>If it is legalized you can proceed to have a more serious and less biased debate over it and educating younger generations about it might even lower the consumation-rate

For example: Look at Portugal
They decriminalized all drugs and since then the education about drugs skyrocketed and thus deaths-by-drugs were drastically reduced and actually less people started doing drugs. There are enough sources about this in the interwebs
>>
>>16647961

What I meant by people who don't smoke weed is those who don't smoke or otherwise use it AT ALL, not even rarely.
>>
>>16647981

Do you live in Portugal?
>>
Me. I dont like it. But alot of ppl do and its not bad for anyone. It makes people easier to get along with. Plus the taxes could rlly help alleviate these budget cuts on alot of important stuff
>>
>>16647981
Oh and btw
>all that "it cures cancur" stuff aside, it does actually really help people who suffer from constant pain and who have to take strong painkillers, which is even more dangerous than weed. It is a pain in the ass for those people to get THC and in germany they just get synthetic THC, that is even pricey as fuck.
>>
>>16647987
There are enough statistics about that online.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/06/05/why-hardly-anyone-dies-from-a-drug-overdose-in-portugal/
>>
>>16648008

So, where do people who don't smoke weed play into that?
>>
>>16648025
"But in Portugal, the numbers paint a different story. The prevalence of past-year and past-month drug use among young adults has fallen since 2001, according to statistics compiled by the Transform Drug Policy Foundation, which advocates on behalf of ending the war on drugs. Overall adult use is down slightly too."

Legalization doesn't mean increase of use. That should have been my initial point, sorry.
>>
No interest in weed or smoking same with any other substances including alcohol, but fuck the hypocrisy of the government acting like they give a fuck about the health of its citizens
When alcohol, cigarettes and the chemicals and shit they out in processed food is legal, yet people get shot and arrested over a fucking plant

Seems legit
>>
I'd prefer first-hand answers, not some rehashed news articles.
>>
>>16648043
this so much
>>
>>16647983

I don't smoke it at all, I avoid people that smoke it too. I think it makes people stupid, lazy, and dependent. It smells gross, makes you eat gross food, is boring to talk about, and I hate looking at dirty hippies.

That being said, I dont believe in prohibiting shit that responsible adults can handle without harming anyone. Be it weed, guns, religion, abortions, gayness, violent video games, whatever.
>>
I don't support it because if it's a legal what about the drug dealers that sell dope to make cash ?
>>
yes, because people are sent to jail for no good reason.
>>
>>16648080
They'll sell some other illicit shit or get an actual job
>>
>>16647953
why dont i smoke? my job and connects. it helps incredibly with nausea and pain and in-part, temporary aid with depression while trying to fix the root problem of that. it also helps with meditation
>>
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>16648043
>yet people get shot and arrested over a fucking plant
>HURR ITS JUST A PLANT BREH
Good thing heroin and cocaine aren't plant products really, otherwise that argument would make you look really stupid...
>>
>>16648127
they're processed plat products all weed is just the plant in a dried form
that being said it really says something the only thing you could latch on to and tallk down about is the the "it's just a plant" phrase
>>
>>16648127
A lot of shit is plant derived bruh
Cocaine and heroin is heavily processed to become the drug it's sold to your crack whore mum as, you see
That wasn't the point of my post though
"ITS A PLANT THO" isn't my reasoning as to why I think it should be legalised
>>
>>16647953
I don't smoke weed and support legalization.

The tax, and potential impact on the budget really turn me on.

I'm an Accounting major though, so...
>>
>>16647953
yes
sample size: me
not a fan of people smoking it, though.
smoke inhalation is bad, mmmmmk?
>>
Of course.

Because I don't know anyone who sells it anymore.

And I fully support the legalization so I can buy it from the store.
>>
>>16648612
forgot the why.
I support it because I support the use of reasonably safe psychoactive substances.
I don't indulge because I don't like depressants much.
best time I've had was low-dose LSD. no hallucinations, just energy and intensity for 12 goddamn hours on 1.5 tabs.
>>
>>16647953
Me, my husband, both my parents

I don't think it's any more harmful than booze, maybe less so. But I don't use it because
>it's still technically illegal here and I don't need the grief - I have one of those guilty faces that seems to tip off authority figures somehow
>I am living off family support while waiting for disability to go thru and don't want to spend their money on drugs/booze
>the comedowns are so hard on me for some reason, it's not even really worth using unless I can find a strain that lets me down easy
>>
As an injun in the good ol' canadia, I live in a rural place and there is so much weed, and barely any cops. One day though some drunk fucker was doing donuts and speeding through the village so the cops were out. It was night so they spotted me and pulled me over. I got busted for weed. Bullshit fucking charges.

Only reason I support legalization. Other than that I dont give a fuck.
>>
File: igotubro.jpg (63KB, 550x687px) Image search: [Google]
igotubro.jpg
63KB, 550x687px
i dont smoke weed and never will. Im against it when it comes to me but i dont want my gf to smoke. If i have kids though, idgamf. Just some background.

Anyway first of all too many of us are going to jail and not getting jobs because weed can get you arrested. Shit sucks.

Secondly weed taxes are fucking awesome.

I would actually not support the marketing of it because when big businesses get a hold of weed they will fuck it up with chemicals and shit. I say best to keep it local.
>>
Tax revenue. Also legalizing MJ means less people in jail and less tax dollars going to waste housing and prosecuting petty criminals.
>>
>>16649540
you sound like you are 14? Are you 14?
>>
>>16647953
Don't smoke weed cause I been there, done that. Along with a shitload of other drugs. I plan on never using drugs again in this life.

Yes, I support legalization, across the board. For harm reduction.
>>
Yeah. Never had a want to smoke, plus I don't enjoy the idea of inhaling anything.

But my parents smoke, all their friends do, and so do 90% of my friends.
If overused, it definitely hinders productivity. As a recreational activity though, it does no harm to anyone involved. The consequences of it are way too high for what is actually being done.
Health benefits and such are also a plus.
It's way better than cigarettes, just don't see a reason for it to be illegal.

Although I still don't like being around it or being around people who are on it excessively. But if a person is doing something on their own accord and not hurting themselves or anyone else with it i see no reason why it should be illegal.
>>
>>16647953
I've smoked it before, I prefer to get drunk. When is the last time you've seen a marijuana related death, other than people fighting over it. It's nearly impossible to kill yourself with it. If legalized...
>it can be regulated by the FDA
>taxed to fund public services like schools
>there will be less people in prison
>an overall happier population
>less money and power in the hands of criminals
>>
never smoked it in my life, but I support it bring legalized. mostly because all the people bring out in jail over it is fucking stupid, plus the tax made off of it could be very helpful. and I imagine it would make things easier for those who use it medically too
>>
>>16647953
Because weed and medical Marijuana are different. Medical should be legal. Your dank kush shouldn't.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.