[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do women describe themselves as shy or quiet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (118KB, 712x615px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 712x615px
Why do women describe themselves as shy or quiet?
>>
guys usually do all the work around pretty girls so they often never find it necessary to develop conversational skills
>>
>>16647826
>why do women
>all women

Why does OP make retarded threads?
>>
>>16647831

What's wrong with mentally disabled people? Shame on you
>>
>>16647830

But that's not truly being shy
>>
>>16647826
women are more often introverted than men
purely biological.
You're just kind of a jaded outcast I guess.
>>
>>16647826

There are both men and women on this world that are shy. But like you picture already showed, it's less socially accepted for boys to be shy then girls, so that's probably why more girls will be open about their shyness as compared to boys. (before you start feeling sad for yourself, girls have other issues).
>>
>>16647922

Like choosing which of the 12 guys asking them out
>>
>>16647949
Most people are concerned over finding somebody they love then getting with whoever for the sake of it. It's mostly the chads that ask out. Quantity does not guarantee quality.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 283x390px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 283x390px
>>16647955

Ugh ikr
>>
>>16647949

Yes because every woman everywhere constantly has 12 awesome guys asking her out.

Stop feel so much self-pity.
>>
>>16647964
>>16647965
This.
Besides, we're talking about normies. You can't compare an average girl with a basement-dwelling wizard, their female equivalent is equally as foreveralone and a shy normie guy will still manage to get a girlfriend without settling.
>>
>>16647965
>12 awesome guys
>awesome

a guy would be happy if he had ANY 12 girls lusting after him. Female privilege is disgusting.
>>
>>16647826
because they have nothing of substance to say
>>
>>16648006

Pretty much this, can't remember the last time a girl clearly hinted interested to me, maybe 10 years ago?

Not mad or jelly, girls have to deal with tons of issues guys don't have to worry about, but 12 shitty choices > no options/putting yourself on the chopping block.
>>
>>16648006
Shhh anon you might try to challenge the carefully constructed female dogma.
>>
>>16648006
Even if it was a disgusting landwhale weeb ?
>>
>>16648023

At least you feel like someone finds you attractive on some level, I wouldn't date her but feeling wanted ain't that bad.
>>
>>16648006
>>16648020
Are you sure you aren't overestimating how good of a catch you are and lusting after girls who are out of your league? Overall, not talking about looks
>>
>>16648027
Yeah wait until one obsesses over you and acts like a fucking stalker man you won't find that so funny desu. And it's worse when you're a girl because you probably can't overpower them if it comes to worst
>>
>>16648031

Girls try really, really hard to hide their attraction, guys don't.

Also, didn't say I couldn't get girls, just that girls hide their interest, I haven't had clearl advances from a woman in 10 years, I had to do the legwork each time.
>>
>>16648031
Are you sure you understand how the entire mating process works?
>>
>>16648035

Look, I'm not saying girls have it better. I love being a dude and would be a woman if I was given the choice.

But in terms of choice, we are pretty much fucked unless we are super attractive and girls run up to you. Whatever, 90% of guys have to do the approaching, it's a small price to pay.
>>
>>16648047

>would be a woman if I was given the choice.

wouldnt* my bad
>>
>>16648041
Relationship material guys get hit on regardless of how extroverted they are.
A quick scroll through /adv/ shows how pushy girls can be when they like somebody. you're better off without the mind-games and not-that-into-you types anyway
>>
>>16647826
I've been pretty shy my whole life. I was selectively mute up until third grade. I only had one friend until 7th grade. After that, I had other extremely shy acquaintances.

Came out of shell a little in high school because I joined a sport. I remember when my teammates asked me to hang out with them. I turned red as a beet and had tears in my eyes because I was never asked to hang out with anyone.

Now I'm 23. Still have about 3 close friends. Still turn red as a beet if anyone asks me something. Still get horribly choked up if asked questions on the spot. Still don't approach people and spend most of my time at home.

I dunno, I've been this way for life. I usually don't tell people "I'm shy by the way." because that seems weird.
>>
>>16648058

>Relationship material guys get hit on regardless of how extroverted they are.

Maybe if your definition of relationship material is "id date that guy"

You dont know what relationship material is before actually getting to know the person.
>>
because they are?
>>
>>16648058

I think the difference is that you are talking about occasions where a guy and girl meet at a birthday party or some other "normal" event. And he's talking about getting some action in a club. In that way you' re both right.
>>
>>16648079
you would not know relationship material if it kicked sand in your face at the beach.
>>
>>16648079
I was thinking more in terms of acquaintances and people you somewhat know then complete strangers. As far as strangers, the only criteria you're going off is looks and possibly a shared interest (both jogging, a concert, whatever), this is definitely a very unlikely scenario for a girl to make the first move
>>
I'd describe myself as "shy" because I don't feel the need to speak or validate myself in front of people I don't know or have no interest in knowing
I guess that's more reserved than shy
If I'm around a guy I'm really attracted to or have significant interest in then I will be "shy" mainly because of nerves and not wanting to embarrass myself, low self esteem etc.

Isn't this obvious shit

I guess some girls would describe themselves as shy to sound cute
"Lolz hehe I'm shy :p ok fine lets do anal c: "
>>
>>16648094

>salty post for no apparent reason

Sure, okay.
>>
>>16647965
>Yes because every woman everywhere constantly has 12 awesome guys asking her out.
A. Yes.
B. Fuck you, you don't deserve an "awesome" guy.
>>
>>16648104
truth hurts pipsqueak
>>
>>16648118

Nobody deserves shit. You don't deserve pussy for simply existing, especially if you lead a shitty existence.
>>
>>16648133
I can't tell anymore if >>16648118 is a troll or salty orbiter
>>
>>16648130

>obviously mad as fuck over being wrong

I believe we call this the shitposting phase, after that is depression, then acceptance.

Don't worry anon, you're gonna make it!
>>
>>16648145

C) Someone who gets laid.
>>
>>16647826
This picture speaks the truth, I'm shy and spent 7 years as a shut in but also really cute, I'm 22 but I started my first job in October last year, everyone notices I'm shy even if I deny it.
People (women and men) are really nice to me and understand my autismal behavior, try to be friends with me, etc.

I don't know how it is with men, but confidence is easier to build than good looks (which is what women are worth for and good looks don't last for long)

OP should stop being a fag and build his personality instead of expecting for women to fall on his lap.
>>
>>16648180
Both manage to get laid, my dilemma still stands
>>
File: image.gif (263KB, 600x903px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
263KB, 600x903px
>>16648223

>le confident meme

You would be all over this guy if he was confident, right?
>>
>>16648246

>This guy

>implying the comic guy is real
>implying we know anything about the comic guy besides that he's male, shy, introverted, and gets hurt feelings when disembodied voices are mean to him

Begone, hat memer
>>
>>16648223

>Same rant, but then regarding the only giving a fuck about your appearance.
>>
>>16648246
Fine, men have it easier to look good and for longer, they can also get really rich, women only have looks than don't last.
That guy should go on a diet, taking care of yourself is being confident.
>>
>>16648246

If you're talking about the literal fedora guy, maybe.

He needs to lose some weight and needs to shave his neck, but if he did both he'd probably look pretty good.
>>
>>16648261
>le appearance don't matter meme
Good looking people are treated better and are happier, looks are all that matters, you wouldn't know because you are not a female.
>>
>>16648246
Personality is more than just confidence, ie >>16648035

Shy as >>16648101 described it is socially acceptable. Crippling shyness like >>16648073 is a personality flaw holding them back from enjoying life and a deal-breaker when it comes to the opposite sex. A certain amount of confidence is necessary to talk about needs and problems with your SO
>>
>>16648288

I am not saying it doesn't (although it varies amongst different subgroups of people). However it is exactly the same with being a shy guy. So I don't understand this stupid reaction.

>it shows that you are a selfish cunt
>>
>>16648302
Being shy can be fixed, aging doesn't.
>>
>>16648305

Being shy can SOMETIMES be fixed, but so can being a fatass.

I' m sure girls far underestimate how much their personality determines how attractive they are. Not all guys are monkeys.

If you' re really ugly, fine I'll probably won't find you attractive. But similarly there are guys that are extremely shy, and a part of them is never going to be fixed.

In which case I'd rather be the ugly girl, than the extremely shy guy.
>>
>>16647826
>Why do women describe themselves as shy or quiet?
Oh, Christ; you just HAD to come back, didn't you. This board was a noticeably better place during your hiatus.

Women call themselves shy or quiet for the same reason men do: to try to put a positive spin on their social phobia. And while it does seem to work slightly better for women than men, the difference is slight at most and shrinking quickly, as the old gender ideals fall away.
>>
>>16648322
Few people are so ugly that they look below average at a normal weight, good hygiene and clean simple clothes. Not so much effort. Being extremely shy is not a static trait like height or the shape of your nose, it's a problem that can and should be dealt with.
If you're starting at the bottom of the ladder you're gonna have a hard time in both situations

I'm interested to hear examples of situations where being shy or fat can't be fixed. Where an effort was made and they failed. Fatty going on a crash fad diet is not a good example much like just trying to talk to people without addressing social anxiety issues isn't going to do much good.
>>
>>16648290
Usually around people I'm comfortable with, I'm very bubbly and confident. I am very slow to warm up to unknown people. It's never really gotten in the way of my relationship. I've been in a healthy relationship for 4 years.

It's hard to make friends and talk to acquaintances, it was actually easier to date my boyfriend, but I think we had good chemistry from the start.

I wouldn't call the shyness a personality flaw. I also have general anxiety disorder. But I wouldn't say "social anxiety" because to be honest that sounds stupid (in my opinion) because social things worry me less than other things. I don't know why I choke up and turn red, it's like an automatic response when I'm caught off guard.
>>
>>16648073

>le shy girl

Anime isn't real life retard
>>
>>16648351
Actually, nearly half of the people are so ugly that they look below average
>>
>>16648596

Yet women rate OVER half of men as below average
>>
I'm loud and obnoxious, but in a setting where I don't know anyone, I'm so shy I feel like I could curl up and die. The anxiety of it all causes me to act even WEIRDER, and it's all so bad.

I burn with embarrassment when I think about some of my out-of-place comments at work functions.,, jesus.
>>
>>16648726

I kno rite? I'm totes awkward too. Just like Raj on Big Bang haha :)))
>>
>>16648699
>Yet women rate OVER half of men as below average
and they're right
>>
>>16648751
That's a statistical impossibility, tovarisch.
>>
>>16647826
Are you saying women can't be shy or quiet?
>>
File: 1451352482127.jpg (153KB, 1000x810px) Image search: [Google]
1451352482127.jpg
153KB, 1000x810px
Hey guys
What advice does OP want? Oh right, nothing at all.
>Bawww I want to have an /r9k/ thread not on /r9k/ because they are degenerates
>Oh wait, there's /adv/. Yes!
>guaranteedreplies.png
>>
>>16648785

Not in the sense a man can't

""""shy"""" girls only have 250 FB friends and only go out once a week. Shy guys don't leave their house for 6 months
>>
>>16648804
What do Facebook friends have to do with being shy?
>>
>>16647949
Man I'd never need attention again if this were really happening.

I'm actually legitimately shy and though I smile a lot, I have a tendency to come off as cold because I will withdraw into myself.

But one of my nervous tics is talking a bit excessively, so I go from one extreme to the other. Guys I like really intimidate me, though. I'll stare at my phone for an hour trying to figure out how to respond to a text.
>>
>>16648818
Shy people feel too insecure to go out of their way for friends or even post their mugs all over the internet.
>>
>>16648866
What are you basing this on? I feel like you have a very warped idea of what shy means. Shy is not insecure and it is not a lack of self esteem
>>
>>16648818

A """"shy"""" girl is 10x more social than a shy guy
>>
>>16648551
I've never watched anime. Other than Spirited Away, but the main character isn't really shy.
>>
>>16648871
Shy-being reserved or having or showing nervousness or timidity in the company of other people.

I'm basing it off the definition of the word.
>>
>>16648882
Can you support your assertion with evidence?
>>
>>16648852
No you fuck. That's the point. You "coming off as cold" means there are people that are with you and at interact with you for you to come off as cold too.
Your talking means you talk to people, presumably. And there are guys you like who text you for Christ's sake.

Guys who are shy, really shy, don't have any of that. They literally don't go anywhere but home to supermarket down the street for 6 months at a time or (some) even years. They work from home on their computer. They have a panic attack when the cashier asks them how they want their groceries bagged.

You don't fucking have this. You aren't shy and you aren't getting it because you're a women and it doesn't occur to you that a lot of men actually life like this.. Your life is so much easier than you realize.
>>
>>16648890
>Facebook
>in the company of other people
It's really not the same thing, and Facebook friends do not translate to how well a person interacts in real life.
>>
Good God it's like when a 10 year old living in a suburban neighborhood with 2 parents and a functional family tells you how bad and depraved his life is, but it's not a ten year old, it's women who are supposedly adults. Fuck off you haven't got a fucking clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>16648006
Who should I pick and why?
Option A:
>party animal
>flirts openly with a lot of girls in front of me
>drinks heavily
>has my number but never calls
Option B:
>only calls after he breaks up with someone
>hit me once
>emotionally manipulative and abusive
>gets chewed out by his ex for talking to me
Option C:
>borderline alcoholic
>only recently employed after a job drought
>26, no car no license
>lives with an enabling mother
Option D:
>cook at a local restaurant
>lives right around the corner
>not sure if car/license
>self sufficient
>seems legit
Option E:
>self proclaimed prolific cheater
>parties so much he misses a bunch of work
>gf finds out about cheating
>he starts acting like he wants to be my man
>nope.gif I don't want to get cheated on
>wtf am I doing with my life.jpeg
>typical hypocritical woman.gif

These are my "viable options". It's obvious who I should go for, but that's a taste. Two options are ex boyfriends, can you guess?
>>
>>16648804
And what kind of advise do you want?
>>
>>16648896
Sweetie, what you're describing isn't shy. It's fucking anxiety. Seriously what the fuck. I'm really fucking shy and quiet at first but once I trust someone all bets are off.

People who are how you describe have a problem that needs to be addressed because it is not shyness. Shy doesn't mean you don't understand social cues, or you have a panic attack because your fucking cashier asked you if you want paper or plastic. That's goddamn social anxiety, and I fucking overcame that shit.

I seriously had to talk myself into going into a grocery store for thirty minutes because I thought everyone was staring at me and it scared the hell out of me. I had a panic attack in line because it was taking too long.

I got therapy and figured out how to deal. Because one more time, that shit isn't normal, you special fucking snowflake
>>
>>16648896
>you're not shy, if you were shy you'd [description of mental disorder].
women go crazy too.
>>
>>16649000
>Sweetie
Don't condescend.
>>
>>16649020
This, OP has a wrong conception of shyness.

OP should get professional help instead of complaining about girls here.
>>
>>16649056
>you fuck
Maybe don't start off with an insult and then go full retard
Don't tell me what to do
>>
>>16647826
I would never describe myself as shy or quiet at all. I don't see why this OP is deciding this for women everywhere.
>>
>>16649112
He's more implying that it's impossible for a woman to be shy or quiet.
>>
>>16649119
Ah, didn't bother reading the picture. But again, you can't assume that for society as a whole, can you? Who knows, every person is different in some form or another.
>>
>>16648955

Is option D so bad?
>>
>>16647921
>women are more often introverted than men
>purely biological.

>citation needed
>>
>>16649136

No, women have no idea of what actual shyness is as is demonstrated ITT
>>
>>16648955

Shit tier people attract shit tier people
>>
>>16648223
>be me, male
>depressed in highschool cause problems at home
>became shy
>got bullied
>learned to defend my self verbally and physically so no bullying at the end of hs but still no confidence
>got into college
>be quiet and shy
>men ignore me, many women too, but I think the women were kinda understanding
>feel like an outcast
>eventually gain confidence and become outhoing again through martial arts, liftan and new friends
>acuire girflriend
>she's shy, even more so than me back then
>people think it's adorable, are very giving and understanding towards her

the only difference is i'm a 5/10 male and she's a 7/10 female
>>
>>16648955
Why is car a main point in every option?
Do you even have a car and license yourself? Can you drive?
>>
>>16648006
>a guy would be happy if he had ANY 12 girls lusting after him.

Nah, that's bullshit.
As long as there's no-one, people tell themselves "oh, I have no standards, I'd be happy for anyone at all ;_;", because they can't see their own standards because they haven't been used yet. But as soon as someone who doesn't meet the standards gets interested in them, the standards suddenly appear.

I've seen a lot of guys complain about it, how they're a bit shocked since they always thought they'd be happy with anyone, and now someone is interested, they're not a disgusting landwhale, so the guy should be happy, right - but instead they can't bring themselves to get interested.

No human is happy with "just anyone". Everyone has standards and aspirations. It's human behaviour, not "female privilege".
>>
>>16648101
>I'd describe myself as "shy" because I don't feel the need to speak or validate myself in front of people I don't know or have no interest in knowing
That's not shyness at all
>>
>>16648246
The vast majority of guys don't look that bad though. Le confident meme is very accurate because for most guys, it's confidence and how they act (and of course general appearance, hygiene, etc) that'll really decide whether their average but okay looks will appear creepy and loserish or attractive and dateable.

It's lack of confidence, among other things, that's the downfall for most perfectly average guys. That's why it's repeated so often.
>>
>>16651252
It's a main point in two of the five options. If you're going to make a point, make a point, but don't lie to us.
>>
>>16651252
Are you American? In many areas in the US, a car is an absolute necessity to moving around especially in the suburbs, because there is no functioning public transportation and there are no sidewalks or bike paths (except maybe in the city centre). So you either have a car, or get driven around by someone with a car, or stay at home.
>>
File: shaking mi cabesa.jpg (39KB, 485x327px) Image search: [Google]
shaking mi cabesa.jpg
39KB, 485x327px
>>16647841
Anon it's 2016 and your shame-shaming.
>>
>>16648079
>Maybe if your definition of relationship material is "id date that guy"

Dense as a brick. Most people dating aren't looking for "the one." They're just enjoying what they have while it lasts. If it becomes serious great, if not then oh well.

>>16651385
If you're a girl that makes you "shy."
>>
>>16647826

You know that
1. being shy kind of makes you hate attention unless it's by very careful and gentle people, and
2. the shy women you mention probably find the idea of being sexualized and infantilized as "cute shy girls" pretty fucking revolting, and
3. it means they are probably very prone to emotional manipulation and have a high chance of ending up in an abusive relationship that turns their life into utter hell?
>>
>>16652259

>makes you hate attention unless it's from Chad

FTFY
>>
>>16651414
But do you have one? Can you drive or do you expect him to take all the responsability in that matter?
>>
>>16652440

>women
>taking responsibility
>>
>>16652433
Why, is Chad a very sincere and gentle person?

>>>/r9k/
>>
>>16652501

>unironically arguing that women want "nice guys"

VIDF pls go
>>
>>16652653
There is a huge difference between the Nice Guy meme and a nice person. No girl wants an abusive, manipulating asshole or finds those traits attractive. Chads get more girls not because they are more attractive but because they have a wider social network, spend more time surrounded by large groups of people and hit on girls constantly.
>>
>>16652653
What >>16652704 said. I intentionally avoided the phrase "nice guy" in my sentences for this reason, and included the word "sincere".
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 600x600px
>>16652704
>>16652725

So you'll get with this guy if he was "sincere"

Just admit you want chad, you're not fooling anyone. Same as girls that "like nerds"
>>
>>16652802
>>16652704
I wrote "nice person" and the point of your post is that this guy is a douche, the two don't go together
>>
>>16652802
Man stop embarassing yourself pls go back to /r9k/ already.
>>
>>16653231

Why are you white knighting for free on 4chan.org?
>>
>>16649486
Option D is who I'm going for.
>>16650588
Yeah, only I'm not that bad, I'm just too busy in my career to really put myself out there.
>>16651252
Like other anon said, it's only a point in two options. And I've had a license since I was sixteen, and cars almost solidly since then.
>>
>>16651496
I do actually live in a bike friendly city with rather okay public transit. Still need a car for convenience sake. I hardly use my car but I still kinda wanna keep it around.
>>
>>16648955
Either C or D a part of me says C because in your position i would stwp out of my udual role and try to help c out oh his alcoholism, which is most likely how he copes with some situation, but i like trying to help harmed people a bit too much and that sounds doable, the cheaters and people eho party, fuck no
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.