[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it considered shady if you have a friend of the opposite sex,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: fuck.png (204KB, 541x299px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
204KB, 541x299px
Is it considered shady if you have a friend of the opposite sex, but haven't mentioned it to your SO? There's no flirtation, no sending of nudes, no skype sex, or anything like that. Just conversation.

I can't bring myself to tell my SO because he's jealous and controlling to the point where I can't have any friends independent of him, and if I told him he'd probably go nuts. I've never cheated on him, but somehow I feel like I'm doing something wrong, even though it's platonic. Am I just being a huge faggot?
>>
It's not wrong at all to have a friend like that, and don't let anybody here tell you otherwise, but it is wrong to not mention it to your partner. OK, you have reasons -- the appropriate thing to do in this instance is to tell him that level of possessiveness is unacceptable, or to just leave the relationship. You know what he's doing is abuse, right?
>>
Yes. It's also a huge red flag if you feel the need to be shady because you openly admit that your boyfriend is controlling.
>>
If you feel like you're doing something wrong then you probable are.
>>
>>16647317
It's pretty shady. I wouldn't be upset if my boyfriend had female friends, but I would definitely be upset if he was purposefully hiding it from me.

If he is this jealous, reassure him that it's completely platonic by letting him see the messages, or hanging out with both of them together so that he can be friends with him too.
>>
>>16647317
You need to drop the friend or drop your boyfriend. Its that simple. There are no other routes. Thats the bridge youve came to and its cross or turn around.

Pick one.
>>
>>16647324
Yeah, and he's in denial of how controlling he really is. I'm unhappy with him but I can't leave until I have enough to live on my own.
>>
>>16647375
Your in denial about how much of a backstabbing, shady cunt you are. Btw I know its you.

See you when I get home...if youre even there bitch.
>>
>>16647375
Is it possible to end the relationship now? Maybe live with family or friends until you have enough to get your own place? This sounds like a shitty relationship, to be honest.
>>
>>16647317

wow, by the sounds of it you're in a pretty fucked up relationship. Could you ever imagine your mom trying to control your father's friends the way you're describing? That's the sign of a pretty creepy personality.
>>
>>16647375
Are you actively saving to leave? You should be.
>>
>>16647398
It's easier said than done since my family is far away but it's possible to move back home

>>16647432
I know it's fucked up, I'm miserable with him. It's probably why I kept talking to this other guy because he's the opposite of what I deal with in real life. He makes me laugh and I always look forward to talking with him. Fucking pathetic, I know...
>>
>>16647317
>I can't bring myself to tell my SO because he's jealous and controlling to the point where I can't have any friends independent of him, and if I told him he'd probably go nuts.

Why exactly are you with this guy?
>>
>>16647317
Just be honest with yourself
Would you fuck this person if given the chance?
Would you date this person if given the chance?

If no, then it's not shady
Holds true for men and women
>>
>>16647461
Pack up your shit one day and leave. I don't know where you are but I have a spare bedroom and no parts available to rape you with. I have been trapped in that type of relationship before and it will only get worse and you will become more jaded to the devastating effects it will have on your life and mind.

Seriously, get out now.
>>
>>16647468
Same reason why so many women get trapped in abusive relationships...I feel like I can't do any better and I'm financially dependent on him until I can save enough to get out
>>
>>16647480
You can do better, and you deserve better no matter what anyone else tells you. No one deserves to be with an abusive, manipulative partner who makes you feel awful about yourself.

You don't need to save money to leave. Seriously. What city do you live by?
>>
Just the fact you know what platonic means proves you're just a ho :/
>>
>>16647501
>>16647480
She never said he was abusive, just jealous and controlling.
>>
>>16647509
Abuse doesn't necessarily mean punching her in the face, you know, there are other forms of abuse: psychological, emotional. Not only that, but this behavior can be laying the foundation for what can be a physically abusive relationship.
>>
>>16647317
leave and go stay with your platonic friend until you can get it together. It's great because your bf doesn't know about the guy and sure as hell don't tell him. Just disappear.
>>
>>16647501
chicago-ish

>>16647509
Well, he is, though. He has been physical with me in the past...but I hit him first so I had it coming. Holy shit what the fuck am I doing...I feel like such a fucking idiot just typing this. When I was young I vowed to never end up in a shit relationship after seeing my parents...but here I am! The cycle continues...
>>
>>16647536
Awareness is the first step. I'm glad you seem to have reached that point. If even the degenerates of 4Chan see that your relationship is abusive, then it's petty hard to deny. Please pack your things tonight and leave. You can save up for the long term once you're safe.
>>
>>16647317
The problem isn't hat you have a friend of the opposite sex but that you feel compelled to hide it from your partner because you fear their reaction. Work on your relationship or find another partner.
>>
>>16647536
I was in the same place as you at one point, too. Don't hate yourself for it. Get up, wipe the dust off your feet, and move forward into becoming the amazing person you once were and can be again.

There are several shelters in your area or you can catch a flight and I will foot the bill, no joke. You just need to get out immediately. I am assuming he is at work right now. You can pack your bags and be gone before he gets back.
>>
File: 1350273890236.gif (150KB, 161x250px) Image search: [Google]
1350273890236.gif
150KB, 161x250px
>>16647317
>he's jealous and controlling to the point where I can't have any friends independent of him

LEAVE

THAT

RELATIONSHIP

IMMEDIATELY
>>
>>16647557
That's quite an offer, and I believe you're sincere. I wouldn't blame OP for not being comfortable accepting money from an internet stranger, though, or going to a shelter (I want to be clear that I also think it would be right to do so -- just that I can understand resistance to the idea.)

OP, what I'm hoping to hear from you is that you are taking active steps towards leaving. i.e. you said it's mostly money tying you to him. Are you saving money? Do you have any idea how much you need, how long it will take to save it, or is it just some undefinable "more"? Are you completely sure that money isn't just the excuse you're giving yourself for why you haven't left yet, and the truth is that you don't want to? I'm not telling, I'm asking -- I sincerely hope you've already thought about all of this and my misgivings are wrong!

You've agreed it's not a good relationship and you need to get out. So I'm hoping you have a clear exit plan with a definite timeline. If you don't, I'm sure many of the good folks who've already posted in this thread would be more than happy to help you come up with one. We really are here to help.
>>
Your friend is the huge faggot here
>controlling to the point I can't have any friends independent of him
There, you fucking said it. He is too controlling. Seriously, don't let him control your social life. That's a bad relationship. Talk to him and tell him he is a control freak determining your social life. He fixes it? Good. He flips the fuck out and breaks up with you? Good.
>>
>>16647509
This can often lead to physical abuse
>>
>>16647317
Leave the dude your with to much hassle down the line, they will start to treat you like property and start to fuck around, it's just not worth the pain in the ass to be with these guys.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.