[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me guys. I need advice how to chill the fuck out. I feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (6KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 265x190px
Help me guys. I need advice how to chill the fuck out.

I feel incredibly hateful as of late. I did a full dive into what's happening in the world, every day for the past months I've been keeping up with what's happening in the world and with Europe. Every day again I find myself looking at independent media and from time to time I visit the /pol/ board on this website.

I've been getting depressed with all that is going on. I actually fear for my freedom and way of life now that the EU is becoming more and more undemocratic, and now that my country is invaded and my culture being censored because it might offend some people I just lose the will to live bit by bit.

It wasn't like this before, how can I stop caring?
>>
stop being retarded

read books intead of /pol/ infographics
>>
>>16646696
I do read books. Lots actually.

Stop being retarded is what I intend to do, I'm asking if someone has advice on how.
>>
>>16646676
>How can I stop caring?
You can start by not visiting /pol/ that often.
It's a fun place and all but all that vitriolic mess just corrodes away at you over time.
Go out and drink with friends or something. Don't bring politics into the conversation.

>I actually fear for my freedom and way of life now that the EU is becoming more and more undemocratic, and now that my country is invaded and my culture being censored because it might offend some people
I know this feel but there's naff all we can do about it. Not effectively, anyway.
Gonna guess you're German.
>>
>>16646719
You're a good guesser, not too far off.

I have my ways to chill for short times, like going drinking and having fun.

But it will return as soon as I get back to my daily routine. I feel so powerless that I can't do anything to preserve my country and my freedom.
>>
Bump..

Is this not a problem worth helping me over? Is it petty? I feel empty..
>>
>>16646968
It's not that we don't care, it's that the advice you need has already been given. You feel this way because of the shit you've surrounded the yourself with. Stop doing that, it's unhealthy.
>>
>>16647001
This. My boyfriend is a pol/news fag and does the same thing.

It's as easy as just surrounding yourself in different environments, but you're lazy. Nothing we say will magically fix it, you have to do it yourself.
>>
>>16646676
Once you swallow the red pill you can't go back, anon. The best thing you can do is fight back against the brown hordes invading your country the best you can.
>>
>>16647085
This is what I'm afraid of.
>>
>>16646676
Smoke some weed watch rumbling hearts see that shit can be worse
>>
i don't think it's really necessary to keep up with what's going on in the world. there are people, more qualified than we are, dealing with the various problems. why do we need to play the role of bystander, watching, doing nothing, yet having our well-being shot down by it?

i suggest a period of the complete opposite extreme, totally neglecting to read about a damn thing happening in the world. most likely, in your life bubble, nothing will change due to changes in the world at large, but you can find some interests that give you some meaning or enjoyment.

ask yourself, why do i even care about the world? you were only just born into it, before then you had no concern whatsoever, and after you die, you will have no concern whatsoever. so why now?

the world will never be made perfect because imperfect people live in it and cause problems. therefore, until the day you die, there will be scary shit going on in the world. do you really need to expose yourself to it all the time, even when it depresses you, makes you anxious and stressed? why?

just focus on yourself, my man. i know people who haven't read or watched the news in years and don't use the internet; besides being a little bit out of touch, there's nothing different about their lives than someone who eagerly reads every scrap of news, except this person remains unperturbed by things going on, because she doesn't know about it.
>>
>>16646676
> I visit the /pol/ board on this website.
Stop. /pol/ is a shithole of indoctrination and circlejerking that's no better than the "liberal" menace they always talk about. The longer you spend there, the more you become one of them, and that's not a good thing. /pol/ is an absolutely shit hypocritical board that will selectively filter out anything that goes against their little vision of how things are, all the while constantly reminding you of "how bad things are".

That's the other thing. Yes there's a lot of shit wrong with the world, but if you spend all your time focusing on it then it will engulf you and you won't be able to see anything else. There's also the problems of confirmation bias, e.g. you've probably seen videos of refugees attacking trucks or something and thought "wow, /pol/ was right" when actually that's been happening for decades. There are greater issues in the world than refugees. But you won't be able to take it all on alone. And I know that's frustrating, you want it to change, you want to "put things right" (maybe I'm projecting myself here) but you simply will not be able to make any great changes in your lifetime, these things take time. That doesn't mean you're powerless though. I can't tell you what to do but you'll find yourself being more productive if you focus on what you can do instead of what you want to do.
>>
>>16647814
this, sometimes they can into critical thinking, but only when it clashes with their views. they never think critically about anything right wing, even when it's so obviously unreliable.

Anyway for OP. I had the same problem a few months ago.I do care about politics, but I try not to let it get to me. I can't/won't do shit about it, so why bother getting worked up. If shit hits the fan, we won't be able to stop it. Try to live with the people you know and for these people (Try to make friends if you don't have them). Don't let yourself become alienated from everyone around you. people are a lot more than their political beliefs
>>
>>16646676
They say scientology can make you feel better for 240.00
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.