[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

18 y/o fatty here. I started a cardio work out routine last night.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: homer-run.gif (334KB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
homer-run.gif
334KB, 400x301px
18 y/o fatty here. I started a cardio work out routine last night. What's the best way to ensure that I stick with it?
>>
>>16646182
Do it every day
But my understanding is that lifting weights would be more helpful.
>>
>>16646187
It's couch to 5k. Part of the program is you take breaks like every other day at first. Also, I'm not trying to build muscle (I've got enough of that because of my job), I'm trying to lose fat
>>
>>16646182

You've been fat fuck for a while, and the mentality of fat fuckness is going to be tough to break. You have to change your mindset and your entire lifestyle, forever.

Staying fit takes effort, being a fat fuck doesn't. As long as you force yourself to enjoy the effort, you'll make it. Don't look for reasons to be lazy- in any area of your life.
>>
I'm 195 cm, 75 kg so I'm normal in European terms and skinny in USA.

It's 15:30 and I'm starving myself at the moment while drinking tea to cover it up. For lunch I'll have a salad, some chicken and a piece of potato.
I'll dine a bit before going to sleep, a banana/apple or a piece of bread.

The point is that right now you have a twisted view on food, you think that what you eat is normal when in fact it could feed a family of three.
>>
>>16646190
Take walks on your rest days.
The biggest thing is to be consistent until working out becomes a habit instead of occasional. I hope you have your diet in order because that's more important than a workout routine.
>>
>>16646182
Stick it out for a month or two, and you'll probably become addicted. It takes willpower at first. I did it before, and the first two months were suffering, but afterward I was so happy to workout that I actually overdid it.

Don't forget to gradually introduce changes to your diet, as well.
>>
>>16646182
You need to make it a habit. For the first week do it every day. Even if you don't feel like it just do it for five minutes. Once you have done it consistently for a number of days it'll become part of your lifestyle. You won't have to force it.
>>
>>16646346
>>16646407
Oh yeah. Don't worry. I started a diet too. Cut down on my calories and carbs intake, eating more protein, All that jazz
>>
>>16646182
>What's the best way to ensure that I stick with it?
Simply don't overdo it. Don't get injured.
>>
>>16647065
Not getting injured is a big part of it. I developed tendinitis and it fucked with my workout regime. Also all the running on concrete fucked my knee up too. Always run on something somewhat soft like a track or grass.
>>
>>16646182
Make it enjoyable. Make sure you have lots of good music to listen to on your iPod or MP3. I actually listen to podcasts like Joe Rogan or Anthony Cumia. Half the time on my walks im trying not to laugh my ass off like a crazy person.

Pick a spot that you like. Maybe walking down the sidewalk is a bit boring. Hit the local boardwalk where you will see hot chicks and street performers etc. Makes it a bit interesting.
>>
>>16646190
wtf is a couch to 5k? do you mean you start from the couch and work your way up to 5k? because you're more than capable of doing 5k nonstop in your first run.
>>
try not to change too much at once. you want a gradual change because if you do everything thing at once it will be too much of a shock to your system (both mentally and physically).

Starting to run is a good start. A week or two from now cut out most refined sugars. A week or two from then cut out snacking etc.
>>
>>16646182
It sucks but it works only eat carbs in the morning and chicken and veggies only for the rest of the day
>>
>>16646182

just stick with it. there's no 'best way' except you taking the blue pill are accepting that if you don't, you will never do it.
>>
Honestly why do people also work out to lose weight?
You eat and you give your body energy.
You work out and you take that energy from your body again.
Why not eat less in the first place, OP?
>>
>>16646182
Go on /fit/ a lot
The more I read about the gym and training, the more I am motivated to go
>>
>>16647223
Don't know if you're serious, but I doubt an overweight beginner could do 3.1 miles on their first day. I used to weigh 360 (now 180) and I could barely run for like a minute when I started.
>>
>>16647630
Because running speeds up the process. I've also done working out before and it's really good for your self esteem. Plus, it never hurts to be able to run.

>>16647223
It's just a popular running routine. You start off by running for like 5, 90 second intervals of running cut between 30 seconds of brisk walking in between a warm up walk and cool down walk

>because you're more than capable of doing 5k nonstop in your first run

You can't just go 0 to 100 out of nowhere as >>16647223
mentioned. It would be too much of a shock to your system. I could do 5k but it would be extremely painful. It would be running into a wall.

>>16647245
I've already cut out most refined sugars. Snacking is still a bit of an issue though. I stopped going to the store which means I don't buy chips anymore but I live with my parents and they keep a shit ton of unhealthy shit in the pantry and it's a little difficult to resist. I don't pig out but I eat more than i'd like to
>>
File: kiernan what.webm (444KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
kiernan what.webm
444KB, 480x480px
>>16646182
Just imagine asking a girl out and getting this look. This will happen as long as you're fat.
>>
>>16648343
damn, that sounds effective
>>
>>16648338
>>16648190
talking from personal experience, i certainly did. it took a week to get my cardio in shape, then a couple more weeks for the irritation to fade. but then again i didn't weigh 360 pounds
>>
>>16648403
Yeah, not many people get as big as I was so I guess it's different. As long as OP isn't going overboard with exercise then that's good. Hopefully I wasn't coming off rude or anything, just didn't want OP to think he has to go crazy to lose weight.
>>
I used to look at myself in the mirror when I woke up until I felt comfortable with my routine and stopped snacking all the time.
>>
Well it depends if you like the Cardio that you do right now. If its fun to you you will most likely stick to it. If its boring finds something else like jogging cycling or sports like soccer oh and also do it everyday for atleast 30-40 mins but 60 min are perfect
>>
>>16647209
Oh fuck, i didn't even think about that. All I can run on really is concrete and I ran in just my work shoes when i did it so I'm going to have to pick up some actual running shoes
>>
>>16646182
I just do a random julian micheals video on YouTube at least every other day. (I only don't do one if I had a long day at work, like 8 hours on my feet, but if I feel like it after those days I still do)

I also radically changed my diet.

Since August I've only lost like 35 pounds, but I feel better at least, it's a slow process.
>>
>>16648543
Jilian Micheals videos work for men?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.