[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is my hair so fucking unbearably fluffy and how do I tell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

File: 1.png (199KB, 452x421px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
199KB, 452x421px
Why is my hair so fucking unbearably fluffy and how do I tell it to calm the fuck down, 4channels?

You'd think fluffy hair would be a blessing? Nope. Shit's fucking awful. It's crispy and too fluffy, feels like soft straws of hay, frizzy, wavy, and no matter how much gel/spray I apply it's still acting like a little fucking cunt. I've deep conditioned, poured vinegar on it, even mayonnaise, even olive oil, I've tried going weeks without washing it, nothing works.
My hair is indeed bleached but this happened even before it was.

I shaved it off a few months ago for this very reason. ...And I regretted it. But at the same time I just can't stand having a literal lion's mane.

But I wanted to grow my hair out, y'know...

Pic related is from months ago before I shaved but it's basically turning into the same again.

Pls help a faggot out, just look at how faggotrious and autistic I look
>>
File: 1.png (262KB, 479x647px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
262KB, 479x647px
>>16646002
'Nother one for ref
>>
File: JG.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
JG.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
We're onto you julia gillard
>>
>>16646009
Op here. 10 point to griffindor.
>>
File: mckenzie.png (2MB, 1061x1403px) Image search: [Google]
mckenzie.png
2MB, 1061x1403px
>>16646009
mighty fucking kek.
>>
File: classic mullet.gif (90KB, 879x511px) Image search: [Google]
classic mullet.gif
90KB, 879x511px
maybe just embrace it? (pic related)
have you tried an extra-wide toothed comb?
>>
>>16646009
Who?

>>16646064
>mullet
Ehhh....

No I haven't tried it, what's the difference, really?
>>
You can get yourself a straight perm, hair relaxing or "brazillian keratin treatment" - like it doesn't really matter what it's called.

In the meantime, there are products that cater to "fluffy" hair - usually marketed to african-americans. Judicious use of a styling product such as hair wax or dry shampoo also helps, and it also helps to weigh your hair down with a moisturising product or products for "fine hair".
>>
File: spaced.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
spaced.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>>16646102
It works really good with gel/spray. For arranging the hair layers when you're styling, and maybe, for gentle maintenance throughout the day
>>
>>16646117
stop brushing it, use your fingers instead. to get a knot out go in the shower and use conditioner and a comb. then dry your hair but remember dont brush. see how that goes for a few days. it helps my hair from puffing up and going everywhere. I also got that sexy natural curls look from it.
>>
Henna. Makes your shit shiny, heavy, & silky. Also makes it red, but cassia apparently has very similar effects so if you don't want it dyed red then use cassia instead. Can't tell you much about that one as I've only ever used henna, but yeah, henna is pretty tits. If that second pic is your current length, 100grams would be plenty. My recommendation is to mix it with ACV and coconut milk. Don't use lemon juice; dries out your hair & will make the "straw" feeling 10× worse. There's a lot I'm skipping over and leaving out here. Can post more if interested but do your research first either way. Make damn sure you're buying either 100% Body Art Quality lawsonia inermis or...uh whatever the equivalent keywords for "pure, unfucked-with cassia" would be. Especially if you've got bleached or otherwise not virgin hair. Seriously. Buy reputable shit.
>>
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_poo
>>
that girl in OP's pic is pretty hot

>its a guy

Oh shit lol
>>
File: 1405033488426.jpg (8KB, 284x295px) Image search: [Google]
1405033488426.jpg
8KB, 284x295px
>>16646111
>>16646117
>>16646174
thanks a lot y'all, either way. That's so much more than I expected, really, thanks. Gonna look into it.

>>16646274
I went no shampoo already if that's what that's about, too lazy to copypaste the url senpai, I haven't shampooed in at least a month and a half, only conditioned/hair masks

>>16646327
heh, understandable, I tend to go for androgynous looks. Happens all the time m8, no worries

...jk u gay as hell
>>
>>16646271
Forgot to include this in last reply fuk

doesn't henna forbid you from dyeing your hair though? Every single dye I read here says absolutely not to use if the user has henna or some shit... y'all tryna kill me or what
>>
Your hair is pretty. Try argan oil.
>>
File: 1450476170877.jpg (24KB, 252x291px) Image search: [Google]
1450476170877.jpg
24KB, 252x291px
>>16646503
Th-thank you Anon-kun, I will look into that as well
>>
Honestly, don't even complain, it's not that bad. I would trade it for my flat and fuck sleek hair in a hearbeat. You just need to take better care of it to tame it - use a moisturizing conditioner and a drop of oil. It will be great.
>>
Dunno really. I'm happy with the color it gives me and my hair has never looked & felt healthier so I've not thought much about (nor researched for that matter) going back to using commercial dyes. Manic Panic is good for not being excessively damaging to hair btw but you may already be familiar with the brand. I bring that up because I seem to remember seeing a post on longhairforum (maybe?) that mentioned using it along with henna to get the desired shade of red. I could be remembering that wrong though; my bad if so.

Also seconding the fuck out of the argan oil suggestion above. That stuff is incredible. I didn't get my hair cut for like six months or something after I first started using it and when I finally went in for a trim my hairdresser was shocked at how few split ends I had. That's another thing - split ends make the fluffy worse.

I've done the keratin straightening thing too. The fumes are fucking noxious because it's essentially formaldehyde but your hair does end up soft as fuck, so there's that.
>>
>>16647712
>>16646477
>>
>>16646002

If you' re a girl, I think it looks good.

If you' re a guy, for the love of god, cut it.
>>
>>16647712
>>16647718
Definitely gonna look into argan oil then. I actually saw it today. Thank you so much.

>>16647725
I'm a tribidemipanagenderfluidkin. What now?
>>
>>16647845

Why do you want hear the public opinion while at the same time you want to be 'special'?

Should everyone start liking hermaphrodites now to make you happy?
>>
File: fluff.jpg (26KB, 299x460px) Image search: [Google]
fluff.jpg
26KB, 299x460px
>>16646002
just own it
>>
>>16647858
Jeebus, Anon, I'm just kidding!

>>16647867
That's a qt animu grill. Not sure if I want to be one though.
>>
I have the same type of hair. What I do is I try and leave as much natural "grease" in my hair without my hair looking greasy and gross. This is my method
>use head and shoulders
>next day use only water
>next day use shampoo
>next day use only water
>next day use conditioner
>next day use only water
So on and so on...
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.