[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>been happily married to my husband >we finally decide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1451199163807.jpg (203KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451199163807.jpg
203KB, 800x600px
>been happily married to my husband
>we finally decide that it's time to try having a baby
>i just found out i'm pregnant
>husband is a smoker, he's been smoking since his teens

Only now did I think about this. I don't know if I want my child to grow up in a smoking household. Would it be fair for me to raise my concerns about this to him? If he refuses, what should I do? I mean I'll probably have to compromise yeah?
>>
>>16645903
Of course it's fair. Smoking is literally bad for the kid. If he gives a shit he'll be willing to compromise.
>>
>>16645903
You realise smokers can quit right ? What about getting a vape?
>>
As long as he's smart about it (no smoking in the house/car/when holding the baby/pushing the stroller/washing hands often) i would not say a thing. You see, nagging is the way WAY bigger treat to your baby than smoking. Rather grow up
with a dad that smokes than no dad at all. And you know that trying to change somebody is the beginning of the end
>>
>>16645903
First, it's a fair concern and you should raise it to him. It's one thing that you don't judge him for this bad habit as a partner, but as a parent is another story.

Second, as you say, you may want to enter the conversation openly. Maybe he has already thought about it, but if not, there are definitely compromises like only smoking outside.

Finally, I would never settle for him smoking inside around your child. There a many indicators that suggest that second hand smoking is extremely harmful to children, but if also sets a bad example.
>>
>>16645903
>Would it be fair for me to raise my concerns about this to him?

yes

>I mean I'll probably have to compromise yeah?

Yeah. Maybe he could just not smoke in the house.
>>
>>16645903
Look you can tell him your concerns

Just don't be those ladies that nag and bitch him into submission.

Nothing kills a marriage like bitching.
>>
Either he quits or he smokes outside.

By a window doesn't work he has to physically be outside.
>>
>>16645903
>marrying a drug addict

you are a retarded cunt, pray your stupid mistake dont have consequences on an innocent child
>>
>>16645903
Compromise is possible, it'll be fine if he smokes outside. I grew up in a veritable smokestack of a house. My lungs are fine.

That said, let me tell you the story of why my father quit smoking.

>be breadwinner, father of 3, wife useless
>get pneumonia from stress smoking
>laying on couch, infant son in next room crying, needs me
>cant stand, too tired.
>wife running an errand
>literally crawl to nursery to change diaper
>pass out in doorway from lack of oxygen
>wife comes home to nearly dead husband, baby laying in poop, crying
>never felt more useless and helpless
>never smoked again.
>>
>>16645903
Tell him he's got to smoke outside now. What's the problem?
>>
My father quit smoking when my older brother was born.

I quit smoking because vapes were a healthier alternative.

Something tells me your husband can quit too.
>>
>>16645903
smoking is bad, give him a vaporizor, it's a pretty reasonable request.
>>
>>16645918
I was going to ask if your parents dropped you as a child but then I realized the tobacco got to your brain anyways.
>>
Child of a smoker here. How long has he smoked cigarettes? Is he addicted?

If addicted then quitting will be very difficult. My dad could never stop. But as long as he smokes outside and washes and cleans properly you and the kid should be fine.
>>
>>16645903
>would it be fair for me to raise concerns about having and raising a child around someone who sucks a little paper dick filled with addictive toxins
Yes. I'm still surprised the faggot-suckling faggots can breed.
>>
Secondhand smoke exposure, even in utero, has been shown to significantly increase an infant's risk of SIDS. Don't be near him when he's smoking, he shouldn't smoke in the house, and if he previously smoked in the house you all should do a very deep cleaning of any furniture and carpeting.

Bring this up with him, because I'm pretty sure you both want the chance of your baby fucking dying to be as slim as possible.
>>
>>16646141
Now if only you could quit vaping and become a functional human.
>>
ngl I grew up in a smoking household (both parents smoked inside the house) and it fucking sucked. So goddamn glad they stopped also because I always worried as a kid that they'd die since school likes to drill you with that info so I was literally awlays scared when I saw them smoke
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.