[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Against all better judgement my uncle gave my sister a puppy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: sausage2.jpg.jpg (56KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
sausage2.jpg.jpg
56KB, 460x345px
Against all better judgement my uncle gave my sister a puppy as a birthday present.
This happened because these past few months my mom and her were pretty hype about getting a dog after they spent a weekend taking care of said uncle's dogs, but now that there's one they seem to be bored with it already. All my sister is doing is taking pictures of it and texting people saying she has a dog now, and my mom isn't even near it. So naturally the responsability falls on to me. What the fuck do I do with it? I don't even like dogs. This is seriously the first dog I ever even touched. I don't know what to do with it. It just keeps trying to chew on everything and running around. Oh and it already pooped on a rug inside the house.
And of course since this was surprise gift we don't even have anything to give it to play it or sleep in. Can anyone give me a list of things we might need to buy?
I don't know the breed but I think it's a sausage dog if it matters
>>
>>16623669

You literally leave it alone. It's not your dog. It was given to your sister.

If it dies, it's not your problem. It's her dog, not yours.

You keep taking care of it, it will become your responsibility whether you wanted it or not, and she gets the enjoyment of "owning" the dog.

Don't get attached to the dog, because when shit happens, she'll just say how UNCLE GAVE MEE THE DOG, NOT YOU, ITS MY DOG regardless of how much you took care of it because, obviously, they were never there to see the effort you put into it.

You can't give it away, you can't do anything bad to it because then you'll be blamed for hurting their dog, so don't bother. Just ignore the dog. If the dog shits on the rug, you let everyone in the household know "(sister's name)'s dog crapped on the rug, she should clean it up" or "(sister's name)'s dog seems like it's hungry, she should probably feed it."

You make it your problem, your going to regret it. Trust me.
>>
>>16623669

Also, I should mention that since your sister and mom have no problems to toilet train the dog, be ready for lots of yelling about the dog shitting in the house and be ready to FIRMLY tell them "This is not my dog. You clean it up. You already know I don't like dogs. If you don't want to take care of it, give it back to Uncle retard" and you absolve yourself of the matter.
>>
>>16623705
>If it dies, it's not your problem

Yes it is
Poor thing has no fault it was given to a retard

And besides it was my problem the second it set foot in here
My mom obviously is expecting me to take care of it. Heck I'm expected to take care of my sister even.
>>
>>16623718

If you don't like dogs, give it back to your uncle. Your sister and mother obviously don't care, and you only care because your being a moralfag about it.

But if you really are going to just suck it up and take care of it, your better off going to
>>>/an/
>>
>>16623669

Your family is trash. Fucking human beings man...no concern for life
>>
>>16623743
>Your family is trash

I'm aware
>>
>>16623736
>you only care because your being a moralfag about it

Duh?
And yeah I asked people on /an/ to help me by linking them here. Maybe later I'll make a thread there too, it's kind of a slow board
>>
>>16623718

>Yes it is

No, it isn't. Whether or not your sister is a fucking retard, the dog is hers, not yours. Therefore, it's her responsibility.

Let me put it another way... there are countless children born to retarded mothers. You gonna go out and raise them and take care of them too?
>>
>>16623761
>You gonna go out and raise them and take care of them too?

If I lived in the same house as them I'd feel kind of obligated desu
>>
You should talk to your uncle. What kind of an asshole surprise-gifts an animal?
>>
>>16623669
I hate your sister so much. Like I don't even know her and I despise her being.

Neglecting an innocent animal is one of the worst things a person can do.

That said,
>>16623705
This anon is right. Do NOT take responsibility for it. Do NOT buy it food and do NOT clean up after it EVER.

That said, make sure the poor baby doesn't die. It doesn't deserve to be put into such an awful situation. Fuck I'm triggered.
>>
surrender the dog to a shelter, or drop the dog off and say it's a stray if needed. if your uncle is such a retard that he gave them the dog as a surprise gift, he likely didn't bother to microchip him/her. if you're right and it's a dachshund, they will be adopted almost immediately. then tell your family they got out and ran off
>>
>>16623904
Also, I would call up your uncle and let all hell break loose. He deserves to get roasted badly for this.
>>
>>16623669

if you want to keep it, just train it fast, give it lots of toys, and do your best. if shes not too hyper she should be fine living a cozy albeit boring life. if shes hyperactive she will be miserable iwthout a friend to play with 24/7

that being said, your other option is to give it away.

go to craigslist, make a posting under the pets section for a free puppy that needs a good home. go through the applicants and go to that persons house with your dog for a 'play date'. this is to see if your dog enjoys it there as well as to make sure they arent dog fighters looking for a toy for their dog to play with.

after the playdate, wait til your mom and sister are both out of the house, then just drive the dog over to his new home, claim he ran away.
>>
>>16623888
I work at a shelter and people like him is why the Christmas season is fucking horrible. fuck people getting animals as surprise gifts that get dumped a week later. and fuck even more the people who just keep them until they're a year old and dump them once they're not a cute little puppy anymore and have a fuckton of issues
>>
>>16623906
Whatever you do, do not listen to this bitch. 90% of dogs that get dumped at a shelter will be killed, even puppies and purebred dogs.

If you must give up the dog, find a RESCUE in your area. They won't kill the poor thing just for having the misfortune of being gifted to your obnoxious sister, and find it a decent home with owners that have been vetted by them.
>>
>>16623914
Craigslist is shitty and where a lot of people get their surprise gift dogs for people in the first place

if you're going to give away the dog, do it through a reputable that has a system for responsibly placing dogs with owners
>>
>>16623914
>go to craigslist, make a posting under the pets section for a free puppy that needs a good home
>go to craigslist and put up an ad for a free bait dog for the Michael Vicks of the world
Fixed that for ya, pal. NEVER list a pet as being free.. in fact, never list them for less than a hundred dollars.
>>
File: 1421039430076.png (64KB, 395x578px) Image search: [Google]
1421039430076.png
64KB, 395x578px
>>16623945

>not reading the whole post

its not hard to set up a dog play date. thats how i did it with my old dog.
>>
>>16623927
>90% of dogs that get dumped at a shelter will be killed, even puppies and purebred dogs
this is some nice fear mongering

this is blatantly untrue unless you live in deep Mississippi or another conservative southern shithole. if you bother to spend five minutes googling their euthanasia policy, this isn't an issue
>>
>>16623888
To be fair with him it was kind of their idea and ever since they took care of his dogs they have been commenting they were gonna get one. My sister was actually gonna buy one for her birthday anyway, my uncle just got there sooner.
I'm just very disappointment cause it seems like she doesn't care to learn the first thing about dogs at all, it's like she thinks it'll learn good behavior on its own
>>
>>16623950
you're an idiot if you think they can't easily hide the dog or just lie to your face. it's easy to dupe people selling animals through craigslist, it's why it's the favorite place of animal abusers and BYBs
>>
>>16623950
You can't always tell by looking at a place. If you could, dog fighting rings wouldn't exist because they'd all be busted. Rarely do dog fighters have the actual ring or breeding runs on their own personal property. They usually live on a separate property that looks decent.
>>
>>16623951
It's true at pretty much every kill shelter. There are no-kill shelters that exist, but most people that are determined to dump a dog don't bother to do research, they just go to the local humane society or whatever. Also, no-kill shelters are usually full.. used to work/volunteer at one in chicago
>>
>>16623985
>It's true at pretty much every kill shelter
oh, so now it's only "kill" shelters you're bitching about? nice backpedaling. I said to look up their euthanasia policy. it's not hard at all.

>they just go to the local humane society or whatever
depending where you are, they're actually pretty well-run

>no-kill shelters are usually full..
the term "no-kill" is virtually meaningless and very easily manipulated

>used to work at one in Chicago
I've been on staff at two in Oregon and one in California

>Chicago
yikes
>>
>>16624043
Not going to lie, my location has probably colored my opinion on it.

You don't need to be a dick about it, man.
>>
>>16624052
>You don't need to be a dick about it, man.
then don't go making fear-mongering blanket statements that are blatantly untrue
>>
Woke up to a text from my sister
>This dog is crazy
>I don't want her anymore
Poor thing. Poor poor thing.
>>
It's tough. I'm not an animal person but I couldn't just watch an animal become neglected. On the other hand what are you supposed to do not go on trips or worry about coming home because of the dog needed to be let out? I feel for you there are no easy answers that will make everyone happy.
>>
I'm taking care of it and so far it's kinda needy but it's fine. My mom got it some toys but I'm still left alone with it. How do I keep it from pooping everywhere tho
>>
>>16625821
Don't. Let your sister and your uncle know they're horrible human beings and are, at this point, wasting the oxygen present in the air they breathe. If you're not going to give the dog somewhere where it'll be better, and genuinely believe you can properly take care of it, make sure you claim ownership from your sister. She still deserves a good roasting, though. On the subject of poop, it has to be trained to poop where appropriate. It'll take a while, but you can find a lot of proper advice and info online. Good luck with the dog, OP.

Bonus points if you train it to take its dumps on your sister.
>>
>>16623705
>>16623705
>>16623705

OP, the first post really nailed it.

To add to it, have a serious conversation with your mother or uncle.

You *cannot* take care of this animal, absolutely not.
>>
OP, if your uncle isn´t as retarded as he sounds and has his own, reasonably well trained dogs he might be the best person to ask for help/hints/advice.

Because in a way the puppy is his responsibility too, and if he isn´t a complete asshole he will care about it too. And if he has trained his own dogs well enough he should have a pretty good idea what to do. Maybe even own some doggie toys or whatever he might be willing to lend you.

Don´t do this if you think your uncle´s dogs are not well trained.
>>
>>16623669
Really, you should listen to this guy >>16623705
You shouldn't bend over to your mother and sister's every whim. Let them experience consequences of their actions. If you can find a way to do it without letting the dog suffer, great, but do not, I repeat, DO NOT take care of it for them.
>>
>>16625821
every time you see it will poo you put him in a litter box.
after a while he will go into litter box to poop.
when older you can train him to wait for go outside if no litter box around.
>>
>>16623718
How old is your sister?
>>
>>16628125
19. She's older than me actually. She's just kind of sick in the head
>>
>>16623669
>>>/an/
>>
>>16623669
>Can anyone give me a list of things we might need to buy?
Look at this link: https://apdt.com/pet-owners/choosing-a-dog/checklist/
Alternatively, you can considering surrendering the dog at an animal shelter (preferably a no-kill one).
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.