[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: overrated shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: baccano2.jpg (182KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
baccano2.jpg
182KB, 700x500px
ITT: overrated shit.
>>
>>138455218
HIROOOOOOOO
>>
if it was so overrated then why did it bomb?

hahahaha ;_;
>>
It actually is really overrated
>>
>>138455218
I thought it was really good.
>>
>>138455218
Style over substance the anime.
>>
>>138455218
>overrated
perhaps
>shit
Haha no.
>>
>>138456364
Just like Cowboy Bepop.
>>
>>138456364
I don't understand this criticism, I mean i get that it means the actual plot might not be up to standards but at least it has got style. There's plenty of things with neither style nor substance
>>
>>138456500
and even then the substance is still good on the series

just not as much as the style
>>
>>138456500
Actually, the plot is worthless. I haven't seen that many plot holes in anime ever.
>>
>>138455218
One Piece
I'm even too lazy to put a pic for this shit
>>
>>138456244
>tfw you know the english LN release is going to get four volumes published max before it gets canned from low sales
>the publisher is going to go out of their way to try to wipe all the online book translations as well
>>
Baccano really, truly, is overrated shit.

Literally half the characters serve no purpose whatsoever. Isaac and Miria are largely pointless. What's the point of Eve, other than being Dallas' sister? You didn't need her at all. Dallas is pretty much a pointless shit. You have characters who are actually built up, and totally meaningless. Like Czeslaw. Or Chane.

The pacing is so fucked up, like all the shit with Firo and Ennis happened in literally a day. Plus, Baccano has so many characters who are simply absurdly perfect. Like Rail Tracer and Firo, who just bend everything around them with the power of plothax for no reason.

All the characters are super flat and seem like they were written by an edgy 13 year old, like Nice, Rail Tracer, Firo, Ladd, etc.

The whole thing is just this huge clusterfuck of chuuni that for some reason people keep hyping up as amazing even though once you get past the OP, Baccano has NOTHING. The story is not interesting, it doesn't do much with its concept, the out of order presentation is meaningless, events don't happen logically but happen just because, the whole thing is a big shitty mess. Why do people keep dicksucking it?

>>138456446

Cowboy Bebop has twice the episodes and a third of the cast, so it's actually able to develop its characters and give them plot arcs, unlike Baccano, which vomits them onscreen in all directions.

Seriously, Baccano is fucking terrible.

>b-b-but LIGHT NOVEL

So what... also the light novels are retarded too with fucking demons and even dumber bull shit.
>>
>>138456524
Yeah, I was just referring to the phrase "style over substance", I wasn't specifically referring to Baccano.

>>138456539
As long as a series has either style or substance, I'm willing to ignore what it's missing. Not saying i'm blind to the flaws, just that they don't actually impact my viewing experience.
>>
File: new-york-city.jpg (48KB, 550x331px) Image search: [Google]
new-york-city.jpg
48KB, 550x331px
OP did say overrated
>>
>>138455218
Code geass
>>
File: Beautifulworld.jpg (76KB, 670x419px) Image search: [Google]
Beautifulworld.jpg
76KB, 670x419px
>>138455218
Not a yaoi fangirl myself. You'll find edgier WWII jokes just browsing /pol/ for 5 minutes.
>>
8th MS team
I get it, it looks nice. Too bad the characters are mostly boring, and when their not being boring their being unlikable. The story is just shlock, but that's what happens when you do a ridiculous love story in the relatively grounded take on the One Year War.
>>
I genuinely cannot understand why people find Shirobako so amazing. I mean, it's OK, but that's it.
>>
>>138457297
>lets kill that Zaku pilot
>zaku pilot is a female
>I wanna fuck Zaku pilot
Seems pretty good to me anon
>>
Read ln, faggots.
We have 19 volumes translated
>>
>>138456857
Touche.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.