[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I git gud taste in anime? All my friends watch shit made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

How do I git gud taste in anime? All my friends watch shit made by Yuasa and shit like Monogatari and all I ever watch is moe garbage
>>
File: fe2.jpg (119KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
fe2.jpg
119KB, 900x506px
stop taking advice from /a/ because all /a/ watches is flavor-of-the-month moeshit
>>
>>138436937
As you're now you're pretty fine, your taste is a refined one, there's nothing you need to change. In fact, is your friends who has shit taste and need to kill themselves.
>>
Taste is a meme. Just watch what you want to watch.
>>
Taste is subjective. Watch what you want.
>moe garbage
Literally any show can be moe, if you find characters in it moe.
>>
Just watch everything ever until you figure out what you like and don't like.
>>
Taste is subjective, however taste can be refined. Who is your favorite painter? Your favorite classical composer? What is your favorite Michelin 3* restaraunt?

Until you have a) sampled enough variety of a type of thing to be able to have a depth and breadth of experience with that thing and b) have done some academic study on that thing and art criticism in general, you can't really have refined taste. It doesn't mean your taste is shit, it just mean that the context of knowledge that defines your taste is limited.

In other words, do you want to enjoy anime or know a lot of shit about anime? They're not mutually exclusive, but it's possible to do one without the other.
>>
>>138437573
It's not that deep senpai. It's animated tits flopping around.
>>
>>138436937
>implying monogatari isn't moe garbage.
>>
Avoid moe shit.
>>
>>138438237
It's 3deep5 me moe garbage at the very least. There's apparently really intriguing concept discussion buried underneath all the really boring discussion and random flashes of bullshit
>>
Be born with the right good taste genes.
>>
>>138436937
git gud by not caring what other people think about your taste in chinese cartoons

If the situation was reversed and you watched Yuasa but still cared what other people think then you'd remain the real pleb.

Watch your moeshit if you enjoy it. Keep an open mind about other stuff too. It'll make you happier.
>>
dude Monogatari is moe as fuck, that's the only reason I started to watch it
>>
>>138439802
But there's too many deep themes and shit going on under the hood
>>
>>138436937
You can't change your taste retard, just watch what you enjoy.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1010KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1010KB, 500x700px
>>138438542
Platinum mad.
>>
>>138436937
The first step is to leave /a/ and go to /m/

Start with 70s mecha and work your way up.
>>
File: camus.jpg (15KB, 537x360px) Image search: [Google]
camus.jpg
15KB, 537x360px
>>138436937
You have embraced the absurd. Your taste is fine.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.