[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Admit it. This was a fun series.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: sao.jpg (254KB, 440x640px) Image search: [Google]
sao.jpg
254KB, 440x640px
Admit it. This was a fun series.
>>
It wasn't. It's the only anime o ever dropped
>>
First 13 eps only
>>
File: 21~01.jpg (152KB, 800x1162px) Image search: [Google]
21~01.jpg
152KB, 800x1162px
>>138381307
I couldn't handle the fact that the characters' personalities seemed more like bricks than humans
>>
>>138381307
Yeah, it was. So what?
>>
>>138381307
No it wasn't
>>
>>138381307
I liked the first 13 episodes. It reminded me of .hack back then and I loved the high-stakes even tho I knew the MC wouldn't die like a chump. Also I actually thought it'd be one of the first anime where the MC has the guts to settle the harem issue. I felt it was refreshing to see both the guy and the girl realize their live instead of beat around the bush like dumb brats.
And then the dumb shit started on ALO.
>>
>>138382252
One of the few*. My bad.
>>
I dropped it on the seventh episode or so. The episode where he has to get dragon shit.
>>
>>138381307
I had more fun watching paint dry on a wall
>>
File: 16.jpg (135KB, 1025x750px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
135KB, 1025x750px
Admit it. This was a fun series. Especially the Sarada not being Sakura's daughter misunderstanding part
>>
fun and good are two different things
>>
>>138382402
And this show was neither
>>
File: bHq4fqO.png (208KB, 358x568px) Image search: [Google]
bHq4fqO.png
208KB, 358x568px
No
>>
>>138381346
2nd season is worth your time, it had stock lightsaber sounds and an arc where Kirito isn't the MC
>>
>>138382252
Yeah I liked the first 13 too, till this badass chick was turned into rape-bait. Not the fun kind, either.
>>
the first season was great.
>>
Saw first episode, characters designs seem generic as fuck and the retarded ass MMO combat doesn't help at all.

Does it get better?
>>
>>138382471
I'm in the minority where i thought that the arc where Asuna was the MC was one of the worst arcs, next to the AOL arc. The drama was forced, the fact that they treated some girl dying of Aids as some sort of gran messiah was laughably over dramatic. They could have made it really emotional and subdued but they kept on slamming you over the head with the fact this girl is going to die, and demanding that you feel sad about it. GGO and even the SAO arc were just boring. Both started out promising with okay characters, but they just became dull by the end.

I mean, .hack// was mostly talking and barely had any action, but there was something charming about it to me, and something engaging all the way through. Yeah the characters went on random adventures occasionally but it always felt like something was being progressed, even if the characters didn't do much besides discuss stuff.
>>
I can't get passed the characters being more flat than they reasonably should be.
>>
>>138382865
Everything after Aincrad's murder games is shit.
>>
>>138382947
Pretty much, and even then I thought the Aincrad arc was okay at best. Pretty average until Yui shows up, and the pacing dies and it becomes boring as hell.
>>
>>138382471
That asuna's crap arc was the worst thing of SAO, and I fucking hate kirito you know.
>>
File: 1440557656176.png (503KB, 600x776px) Image search: [Google]
1440557656176.png
503KB, 600x776px
>>138381735
Shinon was a shining beacon of actual characterization.

Hell, even when her arc is done she's still the only character worth a damn.
>>
>>138383102
She was an okay character, but your point still stands. Even though she wasn't all that great she was one of the only characters that had more than just a base personality and a distinct character arc.
>>
>>138383123
She would have been better holding her own series or a spinoff. She's wasted in SAO.
>>
>>138383163
I thought the same thing too. GGO could have been a decent arc if they didn't shoehorn Kirito and the shit that happened in Aincrad into it. Sinon would have been a far more interesting protagonist. It's a shame too since no other video game anime has had a First person shooter setting before, and SAO handled it poorly.
>>
>>138381307
The first 7 or 8 episodes, yeah.
>>
>>138383225
Man, what could have been. The author could have even kept his Kirito-boner by having him show up once or twice as a legendary player, but keep the action to Sinon and make her solve the conflict by herself and maybe with the help of an actual supporting cast belonging to her.
>>
>>138381307
>SAO
>fun
pick one, OP.
>>
Only made it four episodes in. It turned me off the whole stuck in a video game genre for months.

Log Horizon's way better.
>>
>>138381307
I've actually tried to watch this twice.
Once before I knew the Internet's opinions and once after.

Lost interest at the end of the second episode both times.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 2208x1242px
>>138381307
You folks having an SAO thread? And you didn't invite me?
>>
>>138383293
But that would require writing an actually good, interesting supporting cast that aren't constantly kissing Kirito's ass and talking about how cool he is. Honestly that's why I hate Kirito, not really his bland personality, a lot of MC's have that, it's just that his blandness makes the story and everybody associated even more bland by association. The GGO arc is proof of that, actual good things are happened and it all goes to hell when Kirito gets more involved with the plot. Even Sinon becomes blander when she joins Kirito's crew in later arcs, barely hinting at any of the earlier character traits she displayed in GGO.
>>
>>138383425
Just kill yoruself already you underage fag.
>>
>>138383388
I watched half way through Log Horizon when it was first out.

got to the part where people are forgetting their memories and NPCs are trying to take over or something

Should I start over if I dont remember much else? Or continue? HELP
>>
>>138383811
Start over, or read the LNs. The second season of the anime really goes to shit because DEEN.
>>
>>138382493
only the first quarter of the first series was good
>>
>>138381307
God no. So boring and typical
>>
>>138383873
DEEN?
>>
>>138381307
I respectfully disagree with your opinion.
>>
>>138383811

It's worth watching in full. S1, anyway. Does something different than the usual "if you die in the game, YOU DIE FOR REAL" type shit.

>>138383873

S2 is so fucking uneven. I just finished the first cour and I can't believe they spent 20 minutes on William giving his guild an inspirational speech (and agreeing with himself in his head while he does it).
>>
>>138383943
Anime studio, once upon a time they came out with good shit, but these days they come out with poorly animated shit. Even by today's standards.
>>
>>138384042
Yeah the pacing is such crap in S2. Hardly watchable.
>>
>>138381307
It went from cool dark fantasy world to gary stu and mary stu playing house then the rest is shit
>>
>>138383645
That's the true sadness. The author takes the easy way out and is absolutely shameless about it, I remember an interview where he wondered if he messed up by having so many girls fall in love with Kirito but he still just keeps doing it even with Not-Saber. So much that he killed off the male character that wasn't useless for once because he liked Kirito and Not-Saber sucking his cock more than he liked bromance. Last I checked some of the game original waifus were going to be added to the novels apparently and the antagonist is a yandere girl who wants Kirito's dick.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 2208x1242px
>>138383645
Yeah, I didn't like how they made Sinon into another generic tsundere instead of the badass action chick she started as. Maybe this will sound tumblr of me, but, is it really so much to ask to have a female who doesn't need a knight in shining armor coming to her rescue?
>>
>>138384198

when exactly did the vast majority of anime and LNs and manga go entirely over to Haremshit? Has it always been this way or did we just luck out and not see most of the wish-fulfillment bullshit here in 90s and 00s?
>>
I think it's really fun.
Terrible, but fun.
Mothers Rosario best arc. Pre Kirito Asuna best girl.
GGO worst arc. Damsel in distress Asuna worst girl.
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>138384403
I'd say your analysis is more or less spot on. I cringed so hard when she got recaptured by those tentacle thingys. I was like, "Why the fuck can't she and Kirito meet each other in the middle so she's freed by *both* of their work instead of just his? Especially since Yui had that nifty communication ability?"
>>
>>138384704
Spot on except for worst arc was Fairy Dance, not GGO.
>>
File: image.jpg (753KB, 2969x3000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
753KB, 2969x3000px
>>138384750
How about no?
>>
>>138384732
ALO had delicious Sugu and had the most Kirito wanking, which I find hilarious.
That fight where Kirito turned into Gleam Eyes was pretty cool desu

GGO had terrible pacing and terrible PTSD drama.
>>
>>138381307
>having material for a 12 ep anime
>HOLY SHIT this is gonna sell good, we need another 12
>too bad gary stu-kun, your girl is in another game
I don't hate it because it's popular, I hate it because it's shit
>>
It is horribly bad , generic and stupid . It is an anime that became popular thanks to fags .
>>
It was entertaining for all the wrong reasons, just like Guilty Crown.
>>
>>138385126
>gary stu-kun
It's like after a while, you can tell even the author is making fun of him. Especially with making him a trap.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.