[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw theres a canon Bardock story but its 100x worse than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: Goku Kid.png (62KB, 294x169px) Image search: [Google]
Goku Kid.png
62KB, 294x169px
>tfw theres a canon Bardock story but its 100x worse than Bardock: The Father of Goku
>>
>Goku's dad can see the future and is as strong as the king for no reason

Father of Goku was shit
>>
>>138374220

Careful anon or you'll trigger the Toriyama ass lickers.
>>
>>138374220
It's trash, absolute fucking trash. It reads like a shitty fanfiction.

Gine fucking sucks.
>>
>>138374254
Present

>>138374220
Fuck you. I'm so sick of you guys who can't enjoy Toriyama's genius.
>>
>>138374220
>there's a canon but is worse than fan fiction

Time to let it go.
>>
>>138374241
Bardock was as strong as the king because he got his ass kicked regularly
And fuck you man its the best movie
>>
>>138374276
How does she suck? Haven't read it.
>>
>>138374306
He's just a pleb. Everyone knows that Bardock: Father of Goku was the greatest movie (technically special) of them all. I can watch it over and over again without ever tiring of it.

The original dub (aside from Nappa as his voice is shit in that) is still my preferred method of viewing though, as they added a bunch of unnecessary lines in the re-edit. Plus the music, while not at all fitting with the Japanese version in my opinion compliments the onscreen visuals.

Dub score goes as follows:

Bruce Falconer (Cell and Buu Sagas) >> Dale Kelly > Bruice Falconer's Frieza Saga stuff >> Mark Menza >>>>>>>>>>> Hitler's Flatulence >>>>>>>> Whoever did the Uncut Saiyan/Namek Saga redub score
>>
>>138374220
>dad and mother telling their kid who's inside a spaceshit he's destined to great things

didnt that happen in Megamind?
>>
File: 1455983770502.png (1MB, 1040x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1455983770502.png
1MB, 1040x1000px
>>138374220
>DBZ
>still caring about canon in current year
>>
>>138374767
Mexican dub>>>>>all other dubs
>>
>>138374974
That goes without saying.
>>
>>138374955
My meat canon up your ass is all you'll care about, slut.
>>
>>138374974
They sound like they have downs syndrome. Japanese dub is the only good one.
>>
>>138374985
https://youtu.be/D8waYCTdTNU

Full bardock special in mexican for yall
>>
>>138375107
Build wall pedro.
>>
>>138374613
It basically rewrites the Saiyan history to try and paint Bardock as some sort of an anti-hero rather than part of a race of planet stealing monkeys.

There's also Gine, Bardock's wife. Unlike OTHER SAIYANS, they have a weird relationship where they actually spend time with each other and talk! Gine is WEAK AND MEEK, AND DOESN'T LIKE TO FIGHT, so she works in the kitchen!

Basically, imagine if a fangirl wrote herself to be Bardock's wife. They even have a scene where they send Goku off the planet and wish him well, you know, like Superman!
It's typical retroactive garbage, and people only like it because of Gine. If they made gave Bardock a husband, people would be going crazy.
>>
>>138376729
Is everything you learned about db minus from threads here on /a/?
Cause it doesn't change the saiyans at all. They're still thugs for hire.
Bardock still gives no fucks about anything other than his kids
Gine isn't established as weak. Just not cut out for fighting. And most of her characterization is in interviews, not the manga.
Lastly, it points out that, like radditz said all those years ago, he was off with vegeta when the planet blew.
Which suggests bardock must have been pretty powerful, for his kid to be sent with the Prince.
Also it doesn't retcon 90% of the anime. Just the timing of goku being sent off.
>>
Why do people get so upset over Toriyama's Bardock?
"Canon" in a franchise as multimedia as Dragon Ball doesn't matter. Everyone ignores his version of the Trunks story too because the anime version came first and is far more iconic.

Minus was just a cute little thing tying the end of Jaco the Galactic Patrolman into the start of Dragon Ball that revealed who Goku's mom was.
>>
File: 1429464522737.jpg (34KB, 400x276px) Image search: [Google]
1429464522737.jpg
34KB, 400x276px
>mfw americans will never experience that Bardock special with the original ost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm77VCkf_do
>>
>>138374220
Just as trash as the entire dragonball series.
>>
File: dV1rQQ9.gif (506KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
dV1rQQ9.gif
506KB, 500x375px
So is Bardock a scientist?

Didn't Vegeta say that he developed the artificial moon move?
>>
>>138379755
Bad dub.
>>
>>138379769
thanks
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.