[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Speed Racer Respect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (43KB, 350x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 350x332px
A Speed Racer Respect thread. Just post your favorite Speed moments or the most badass. Or sometimes when he did cool tricks or whatever the fuck. He was my first anime and i watched it religiously as a child. Do me a favor here.
>>
>>138327570
I wonder who the baby boomers chose as their waifu when they watched it.

Probably Trixie
>>
>>138327628
>that scene early in the series when trixie thinks speed is in a burning building and lets out a blood curdling scream.

I was rewatching that episode and I forgot how horrifying it sounded.
>>
>>138327628
Well, the only other option was Speed's mom.
>>
>>138327570
Mammoth car
>>
>>138327570
When the heck is Funimation supposed to be releasing their BD?
>>
>>138328883

Mammoth Car was hype as fuck
>>
>>138327570
THE FASTEST CAR IN THE WORLD

Shit was so based. The idea of a car so gnarly that even Speed couldn't drive it blew my adolescent mind.

Also I really love how it starts. With the plans for the Mach Five drawn on the window. The whole story is so clever.
>>
File: 6.jpg (52KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
52KB, 390x390px
>>138329699
Also I owned this

My I request that you all envy me? Thank you.
>>
>>138329771
I bet you rolled it on your kitchen floor and it went underneath an appliance never to be seen again.
>>
>>138330028
I used to send it thru hotwheels tracks and launch it across the room. I think I gave it to family when I moved.
>>
>>138327570
>post your favorite Speed moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY9YNF5MMQo
>>
>>138330352
My Mach 5 ended up getting cooked because some retard put it in the oven.

The retard was me.
>>
Speed Racer was really impressive for its time, especially compared to the cheap recycled crap Hanna-Barbera was putting out at the time. I don't think it's at all a stretch to say it was the most ambitious bit of TV animation to come to the west in the 60s and 70s.
>>
>>138331738
The 70s was pretty much a wasteland. About the only good homegrown shows that were "Wait Til Your Father Gets Home" and "Star Trek: The Animated Series."
>>
>>138332173
>70s was pretty much a wasteland.
Youre fuckin retarded.

>>138331738
Hell yeah, Speed Racer is my favorite from the 60s. Along with Astro Boy and Princess Knight. Although the Princess Knight manga is god tier
>>
>>138332368
> Youre fuckin retarded

What? All I was trying to imply that most American TV animation in the 70s was fucking terrible.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.