[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /a/, how do you feel about Funimation and other companies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

So /a/, how do you feel about Funimation and other companies attempting to bring more theatrical anime films to the big screen?
>>
No one should be able to enjoy anime except me.
>>
File: 1371223693435.jpg (95KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1371223693435.jpg
95KB, 500x375px
>>138300543
I like the way you think anon.
>>
As much as I don't care for them I can get behind bringing more anime films to theaters.

If only just to get more animated films in theaters not aimed solely at kids and families. It's pathetic how little diversity there is in major western animation releases. Maybe some people who don't know anything about anime will watch one on a whim or for some other reason and see animation in a new light.
>>
Should I support you guys?
>>
>>138300648
OP here, that's honestly why I like it. Saw both Dragon Ball films and realized besides these there hadn't been any real big 2D animated films released theatrically in the US for a while, now I'm trying to see the movies they bring out when I can so we get more theatrical 2D films. Only cases of me not going are when movies like Psycho Pass come out and I haven't seen the show all.
>>
>>138300444
/a/ loves supporting Funimation. Even with blatant shilling like Master of Martial Hearts you had people making screenshots of their purchases, of a show that came out years before. Of course, most of /a/ hadn't been able to watch it due to lack of an English dub.
It doesn't really matter what they do as /a/ will like and support it regardless.
>>
>>138300966
Only time recently I've been iffy with Funimation was that random gamergate line in Prison School which was honestly out of place and disrespectful to the original creator.
>>
I'd be more down for it if it wasn't dub only. Also, if it wasn't so late. It's been at least half a year since the bluray for Psycho-Pass came out and it's been subbed already, so why go see it in a theater dubbed? At least with Kizumonogatari, we still have to wait a few months before the bluray comes out.
>>
No, amuricans and no-japanese in general loves censorship, any kind of censorship is unacceptable, so I would be a lot happier if funimation employers get the fuck out of 4chan already and go chill out on reddit, where they'll probably suck your dick.
>>
>>138301185
They did a sub release of The Boy and The Beast, we probably won't see anymore of those after this probably.
>>
>>138300444
I like it.
>>
I wish Funimation would get their shit together.
>>
>>138302433

This. let go of licenses that they'll never use like Detective Conan. They aren't getting more episodes anyways.
>>
>>138300444
I don't like it.
>>
I enjoy movies more when they're at the theatre so yeah, I'm all for it. Wish they'd do more for Canada though.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.