[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death Note (spoilers)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

so is this Light?

i didnt read the manga and the anime maked it look like thats him.

is that the case?
>>
bumping with comfy L
>>
File: 211432_1238316012234_full.jpg (36KB, 364x254px) Image search: [Google]
211432_1238316012234_full.jpg
36KB, 364x254px
check out this comfy matsuda!
>>
my nigga Aizawa
>>
>>138293338
>neither go to heaven or hell for all eternity
That might be. Then again, Ryuk wasn't accustomed to human life until he started following light around so maybe shinigami are just born out of thing fucking air when one dies.
>>
>>138293596
i heard a theory that your memory gets erased before you become a shinigami

because if theyd keep their memory Light would most likely just keep killing criminals
>>
>>138294230
ah and also in the anime version it jump cuts from Light to the new shinigami, who also looks a little bit like him (hair)

oh and it i watched it again. Ryuk actually calls him Light when theyre talking (the lights shinigami doesnt hear it tho since hes gone already)

so yeah i think that confirms it
>>
It's not Light. That would ruin like the entire point of the series.
>>
>>138294291
so Ryuk just says Light because he remembers him when talking about the story?

that makes sense too but is that new shinigami just a random one that wants to go to the human world or what?
>>
>>138294291
also how does it ruin the point of the series? (if his memory gets erased)
>>
File: 178853.png (18KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
178853.png
18KB, 600x315px
There is no afterlife
Read the stupid manga
>>
>>138295545
yeah that was in the anime too. But theres something conflicting here

1. A person that writes into the Death Note can neither go to hell nor heaven

2. EVERY person will go to MU(nothingness)

1 implied that a heaven and hell exists. It also implied that people that dont write in the DN will go to one of them

2 states that everyone will go to the same place and that it doesnt matter if you wrote into a DN or not

you could obviously say that people that write into the death note dont go to heaven or hell because absolutely no one goes there but then why mention it?

can someone clear this up for me?
>>
>>138295545
>>138295918

i just thought about it and it came to me that that quote only says that you go to MU after your death

maybe you go to heaven or hell from there?

People that wrote into the death note cant go to either so the only possibilities are

1. stay in MU
2. become a shinigami (?)

im not saying that it is confirmed that Light became a shinigami im just saying it doesnt contradict any rules mentionend in the series
>>
if anyone wants to check out the clip:

https://kissanime.to/Anime/Death-Note-Rewrite/Special-002?id=42293

the part im talking about is right at the start and lasts for about 3 minutes
>>
it appears that the author of DN said that shinigami isnt Light

im still searching for a real source on that

stay tuned
>>
on the wiki i found the following "fact":

The Unnamed Shinigami only appears in the anime Relight films, which take place in their own continuity. The Relight films are essentially rewrites of the original anime series, and make several alterations to the plot. There are many notable similarities between the Unnamed Shinigami and Light, as well as some suggestive dialogue by Ryuk. Because of this, it is plausible that the Unnamed Shinigami is meant to be a reincarnation of Light.

>take place in their own continuity

we dont know for official canon (which would be the manga id say) BUT

could we agree that, at least in the continuity of the Rewrite series, the shinigami is in fact Light?

as mentioned before that wouldnt contradict any rules

will post other similarities to Light in the next post
>>
File: img_900x700.jpg (144KB, 900x610px) Image search: [Google]
img_900x700.jpg
144KB, 900x610px
>>138296422
>In the anime Ryuk tells Light that now he has something to look forward to after he dies. (It had been stated many times in the series the humans who use Death Notes don't go to Heaven or Hell at death, however it is never said he can't go to the afterlife at all).
>The way he tosses the apple to Ryuk, as Light did when alive.
>The Shinigami walks into a bright flash of light at the top of the stairs.
>He walks with something of a limp, which could be related to the injuries Light sustained when shot several times by Matsuda.
>Ryuk himself has some vague dialogue that could be interpreted as him referring to the Unnamed Shinigami as Light: After looking at his own Death Note, Ryuk speaks to Light as if he were there; "You were not God. You were just...gone already?" This could mean Ryuk was addressing the unnamed Shinigami as Light or that he was simply reminiscing.
>Ryuk also allegedly addresses the shinigami as Light when he asks "Wouldn't you agree, Light!?" at the very end of the special.
>The shinigami doesn't stay to hear the end of the story, which could imply he already knows how it ends.
>In the Human world, Misa's shinigami said "All shinigami's ingestive system is either rotten or "evolved" and that they don't need substances to sustain themselves."
>Since, Light knows that only Ryuk likes the apples. He recalled at least some memories about Ryuk as he remembers him as a friend.

from all of this i conclude that in the Relight canon Light actually IS that Shinigami

I found a quote of the series creator saying that heaven and hell dont exist and that humans just vanish into nothingness, so in the official canon Light ISNT a shinigami and just dies

thread closed. thanks everyone for participating.
>>
>>138293509
>Ruined the show.
>>
>>138296806
what really? i kinda liked him also the scene with his kids was sad ;_;
>>
>>138293596
The point is that there is no afterlife. It's a ruse.
People who use the death note don't go to heaven or hell. People who don't use it also don't go to heaven or hell.
There is no heaven and there is no hell.
>>
>>138297713
a ruse by Ryuk or a ruse by the author?
>>
>>138298345
Both
>>
>>138295918
>>138295996
How can you miss the point so badly? Ryuk was messing with Light when he said that death note users cannot go to heaven or hell.
>>
>>138298454
Ryuk didnt only say it, it also was one of the rules on the first page of the DN

thats why i assumed its true
>>
>>138293338
I guess
>>
>>138301243
Golden response. So much thought, and consideration put into it. So much contribution to the discussion!
>>
>>138293338
>maked
anon, please
>>
>>138293338
No it isn't, even it was him at one point it certainly aint him now
>>
>>138301704
whoops

>>138301715
yeah thats what i meant essentially
>>
>>138293338
Nope.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.