[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Goes by the plot of the main series in complete verbatim

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

File: TeamFourStar.png (525KB, 1022x430px) Image search: [Google]
TeamFourStar.png
525KB, 1022x430px

>"W-we're different though, really! T-the Krillin Owned Count wasn't in the anime! S-so it's different! Also, Ghost Napa still sings songs after each season!"

>"We're not copyright infringing, Youtube! How dare you take us down!
>"Fans, support Toriyama. . .somehow!"
>"This isn't a fandub!"

This is pretty laughable now.
>>
>>138242283
It IS pretty clearly a parody, and they do diverge pretty importantly from the plot in a few places
the problem is really that they try to make money on it.
Well, that, and the fact that they're impersonating the voice styles of the official dub
>>
>>138242283
Go shill somewhere else.
>>
>>138242283
>content creators working hard to satisfy fans
>butthurt about stealing content

really? this is what you're wasting you're energy on?
>>
No one fucking cares.
>>
People still watch abridged shit? Is it still 2007?
>>
>>138242283
You an idiot, son? You think that if something follows somewhat the plot of the original, it can't be a parody?
>>
>>138242283
>shilling your shitty /v/ermin youtube garbage
Fuck off. Abridged series stopped being fucking funny long ago.
>>
>>138242362
>the problem is really that they try to make money on it.
They don't, all their videos are monetized by the rights holders
>>
>>138242283
Don't you have another IHE video to put a bullshit claim on?
>>
>>138242283
Well it is an abriged parody series.

It SHOULD follow the plot of the original.
If it doesn't, it isn't an abriged version.
>>
Not anime or manga. Keep your Youtuber shit on >>>/v/
>>
File: myboys.jpg (106KB, 426x1598px) Image search: [Google]
myboys.jpg
106KB, 426x1598px
>Realising that /a/ actually likes fucking TFS over LK, PEFTW Octopimp and anyone who is actually capable of being funny

Holy shit you guys are fucking cancer.
>>
>>138245452
See, this is a perfect example of the kind of faggot I'm talking about.
>>
File: 1299092061104.jpg (28KB, 514x527px) Image search: [Google]
1299092061104.jpg
28KB, 514x527px
>people genuinely enjoyed TFS DBZ
I mean TAS shows were fun on the first episodes depending on the quality but they took it too far to the point it wasn't funny anymore
>>
File: anime-girl-questionmark[1].jpg (176KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
anime-girl-questionmark[1].jpg
176KB, 1280x1024px
>>138242283
Let's assume this is the case. Let's assume they literally don't add any new content or original jokes. So what? The entire Dragonball franchise is notorious for its horrible, horrible pacing, something not even Kai could fix.
>>
>>138246565
YGO:TAS had a style of humor that worked because it specifically took advantage of the deadpan nature of the show. Most anime parodies that took after it by calling themselves Abridged Series didn't get that and just coppied it's style of jokes, poorly, and misunderstood the point.

Pretty much every other good anime parody, like 50% Off/NonePiece has its own original format and style that work for it.
>>
>>138246646
Why the fuck do you people want a more or less serious take on the show that still doesn’t really make sense unless you've seen the original anyway? What kind of cancerous taste is this and why do TFS fans think so highly of them anyway?
>>
>>138246714
YGO TAS was poking fun about 4kids adaptation which is justified until LK turned it into some sort of shit musical and fanfic and run out of jokes to work with because tumblr decide to be offended of some old jokes that were funny in the early episodes.
>>
>>138246470
Stop bumping this shit you stupid faggot
>>
[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST] when?
>>
>>138246783
are you seriously asking people why do they like things they like?
>>
>>138246470
is kinda funny how this related to what actually people did for choir boys
>>
>>138246958
>are you seriously asking why they point out the obvious nonsensical situations?

is like preaching to the choir
Yes, some shows are ridiculous but is that same ridiculousness that makes the show enjoyable, we don't need some normie to point it out what we already noticed
>>
>>138242283
>states list of copyright holders before each episode and actively encourages buying the origional dvds.

>is protected under fair use for parody

>actually va'd for an official game due to popularity
>>
>>138246470
>LittleKuriboh
He's an honorary member, you dip. And I like all of them, by the way, you fucking retard.
>>
>>138246962
It's kinda funny how kids becoming trannies at an earlier age would be an absolutely fantastic way of reviving one of the most powerful western art music traditions and I'm for it for that specific reason.
>>
>>138244474
They could though, the changes they make from the official show is sufficient enough to make dbza a different product in its own right
>>
>>138246864
I don't doubt that LK knows it's shit and just pops out episodes occasionally to remind people the series still exists.
>>
>>138242283
You forgot:
>inserts jokes fucking everywhere

Maybe, maybe you could claim that it's a gag dub instead of a TAS, but it's pretty rediculous to imply that it's just a redo of the series.

Also, copyright is the most retarded shit in existence. TFS monetizing DBZTAS, let alone making it, wouldn't cut into funi's profits by a single cent.
>>
>>138247200
LK should do something besides make vlogs of his depression

Maybe make Arc-V abridged or something

Fuck I dunno

Depression and Wrestling vlogs are just, well, depressing to watcj
>>
>>138246864
>because tumblr decide to be offended of some old jokes that were funny in the early episodes.
Wait, when did that happen?
>>
>>138245983
This,what the fuck mods
>>
>>138246470
Latza > little kuriboh
>>
At least LK posts something. PurpleeyesWTF has fucking vanished.
>>
>>138248859
He's my favorite too. That guy can write and deliver the most funniest shit.
>>
File: a boy and his blob.jpg (119KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
a boy and his blob.jpg
119KB, 1920x1080px
>>138246470
>LK
Dude has gone full tumblr now.
>>
>>138242283
It's a non-profit parody, you idiot.
>>
>>138246494
yeah how dare he use logic and actually make sense in an argument
>>
>>138249261
>that filename

Nice
>>
>>138242283
There was definitely a drop in quality in the recent episodes, it feels like it's taking itself too seriously at some points. I don't mind a serious scene or two but honestly they're going a little too far with it.
>>
>>138246864
He's also got depression which doesn't help.
>>
>>138249261
What the fuck is that creature next to him?
Also is he still doing those faggy depression guides or whatever those were?
>>
File: shemale jokes.png (51KB, 609x436px) Image search: [Google]
shemale jokes.png
51KB, 609x436px
>>138249386
>What the fuck is that creature next to him?
His wife. His previous wife didn't let him fuck her. So he married again, this time with someone desperate enough to let him.

I'm guessing it was her who filled his mind with social justice bs.
>>
>>138249468
Jesus Christ, how is it NOT better to spend the rest of your life alone than do something like that?
>>
>>138242283

Vastly superior to the original anime
>>
>>138249558

Naw they fell off completely after season 2. That was their best season no contest and Vegeta carried it for the most part.
>>
TFS
><original line>

Viewers
>Heh. That was pretty good.

TFS
>Shoehorns exact same line 5-6 times over the course of the season

Is this what passes as funny nowadays? What's the joke here? Is it self-degrading humor about how shitty their writing is? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>138249585
This, the android saga was a chore to sit through. Beginning of the Cell games was pretty based, Cell's introduction was actually done pretty well. There were some good Freeza moments though.
>>
>>138249558
Their Namek was actually decent. Vegeta's anger and Frieza were well done.

The Android/Cell Saga has been shit though.
>>
>>138247105
Also
>One of them did a voice for Resurrection of F
>Chris Sabat has, in an interview, name dropped them in a positive way; thanked them for keeping the fandom alive
>>
>>138249625
It wasn't that bad until 17 and 18 showed up. My favorite episode of the season is easily the one where 19 and 20 make their appearance.
>>
>>138249750
Which is what? The second episode of the android saga?
>>
>>138249703
At least it has some highlights, like the 17/Piccolo Fight and when 19/20 show up. It's definitely not on the same level as Namek though.
>>
>>138249782
Fourth or fifth.
>>
>>138247343
The wrestling vids are fine. I don't like the depression blogs. There are only so many times I can stand seeing a bald bearded man cry. God knows how many times I've looked in a mirror while doing so these days
>>
>>138249820
Have tried growing your hair out?
>>
>>138242362
>the problem is really that they try to make money on it.
The episodes don't make money though.
>>
>>138249820
Seriously, that's what he does nowadays? How do you not feel too ashamed and pathetic to record yourself crying for others to see? Is this tumblr's ideal version of a man?
>>
>>138249796
Agreed. Some of the things, Like Nail and Kami in Piccolo's head, are fun. 19/20 are great.

It's just that Cell is really tryhard.

>>138249883
The only reason people donate to their patreon is for the episodes
>>
>>138249861
Yes. It looks better shaved, as it turns out. My hair tends to get curly. At it's longest, I was sporting ringlets. My sisters were getting jealous...
>>
>>138249883
Are the breakdowns monetized? Or just the lets plays?
>>
>>138249947
Just the lps, apparently.
>>
I think that the arcs in terms of quality are: Namek > Android/Cell > Saiyan

Start of Saiyan having lower voice production values pulls it below Android, even though the 2nd half of Saiyan was really good.
>>
Am I the only one who hates Gohan in tfs? He was okay in the freeza saga but became such a prick in the android saga and beyond.
>>
>>138250007
He's a bit of an insufferable cunt, yeah.

Vegeta, Krillin, Tien and Trunks are the best, with Piccolo and Goku behind.
>>
>>138250041
Vegeta is hands down the best character in the show, I can't think of a single bad scene with him.
>>
>>138249901
To be fair, I understand what he's going through. He DOES feel ashamed and pathetic. That's the fucking point. It started with him just relating the shit he goes through, sprinkled with something good. A way to help others struggling with depression to cope and not kill themselves. But, it's starting to get repetitive. He's even roped in some other Voice Actors and webcomedy guys to do episodes.
>>
File: 4L_s7UodXKy.png (540KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
4L_s7UodXKy.png
540KB, 960x544px
>>138250007
But you have to admit, Gohan really helps demonstrate Masako's range as a voice actor.
>>
>>138249901
Many people want to think life is a spiritual and emotional journey, and that by letting the angst out they grow and become better people

In reality it's really just about producing and consuming cool stuff
>>
>>138242283
I think the bigger issue is that youtube's copyright policies are completely arbitrary.

They have allowed this (and a ton of other questionably legal but that would need to be checked by an actual judge) to go on for years and now suddenly tipped the scales from "let's err on the side of fair use" to "clampdown anything remotely looking like a copyright infringement" without clear guidelines or an announcement of new policies.
>>
File: Yusuke1.png (120KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Yusuke1.png
120KB, 480x360px
>>138250069
Lani is really good at pulling off those dub voices. Dude has some decent range

>yfw he does really sound like Yusuke
>>
mods
>>
>>138250182
I'm pretty sure a big portion of the the problem stems from (usually) automated bots abusing Youtubes shitting copyright claim system.
>>
>>138250182
Youtube hasnt really though, their system for reporting copyright violations is just shit and exploitable as fuck, always has been.
>>
>>138250277
So why are people only really making a huge fuss now?
>>
>>138250294
Because apparently it's gotten really bad lately, to the point where many people have had enough of that shit.
>>
>>138250264
>>138250277
Some of the people making noise about it are saying that it has been noticeably so Google may have actually switched up the algorythm, which is not to say copyright trolls (as in companies pretending to own the copyright rather than having it) getting smarter could have just made it worse.
>>
>>138250294
They have before. I think social media has just made it a lot easier to get the word out. Plus a lot of big channels are getting hit
>>
>>138250294
Because copyright bots got the tfs channel canned for a day before they disputed it and got it put back up. People are always vocal when this shit happens, it sparks a debate, then dies down as people move on until something big happens again. This isnt anywhere near the first time.
>>
>>138250135
Seems like it's just their way of coping with the fact that it literally doesn't matter. Too much comfort and peace seems to make people think life is about more than just staying alive.
>>
>>138250041

Considering how he will be the focal point in this arc, I am just not a fan of his character. He is such a cunt and isn't funny in the least.

>>138250121

Masako is talented I can give him that.
>>
>>138250121
>>138250551

Masako is garbage. His Goku is acceptable but everything else he touches is garbage.
>>
>>138250509
Life is hedonism, plain and simple.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.