[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is exactly about the second season of this show that people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: 67340245674.jpg (48KB, 361x500px) Image search: [Google]
67340245674.jpg
48KB, 361x500px
What is exactly about the second season of this show that people didn't like it?
>>
>>138241664
I always thought that most people's opinions of both seasons were pretty divided.
>>
File: gits_2.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
gits_2.webm
2MB, 640x360px
I liked both
>>
>>138243969
This.
>>
Too much action
>>
I think I've honestly seen more praise for 2nd gig in all the threads I've been in than the first
>>
Both are fantastic.

GiTS is Peak Anime.
>>
>>138241664
I really admire 2nd GIG for just how ridiculously tight an operation it is. Everything, absolutely everything is connected.

In other news, I just listened to Inner Universe and I now have the urge to rewatch the entirety of Stand Alone Complex. Why can't we have more shows like SAC?
>>
>>138245005
You aren't wrong there.
>>
>>138241664
>What is exactly about the second season of this show that people didn't like it?
Season 1 was aided by Shirow Masamune, so it resembled the original manga.
Season 2 was aided by Mamoru Oshii, so it resembled the first GitS film.

Neither is worse than the other. But people watching season 2 expecting a Shirow Masamune anime rather than a Mamoru Oshii anime, got disappointed.
>>
>>138245218
wat.
it's a totally kenji kamiyama anime.
>>
>>138245319
>wat.
>it's a totally kenji kamiyama anime.
I am just stating facts. Shirow was involved with contributing ideas in the first season. Oshii in the 2nd. This isn't conjecture or speculation, this is what actually happened.
>>
File: gits_1.webm (3MB, 640x347px) Image search: [Google]
gits_1.webm
3MB, 640x347px
>>138243969

ARE YOU ALL READY FOR THE LIVE MOVIE TO STAIN THE FRANCHISE
>>
>>138241664
/a/ seems to like it plenty. Personally I liked it fine, too. Wasn't it Arise people didn't really like, because it didn't bring anything new to the table?

>>138246220
I'm ready to pretend that a Hollywood movie does not exist.
>>
>>138246410
>Arise

Pretty much; it's heavily watered down.
I'm legitimately sad the live movie is a real thing now.
>>
>>138245357
Source?
>>
>>138246220
>Movie started as an alleged readaption of the manga
>Now after a dozen rewrites and new writers it's a SAC adaption where Section 9 is a stereotypical corporate enforcer unit rather than a shadowy government blackops unit
>>
>>138246662
>Source?
The actual DVD bonus material.
>>
>>138246662
>Source?
For First Season:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2002-10-03
>Yes, Shirow-san came up with plots for several episodes in the series that we used. He designed and named Tachikoma, which is the equivalent of Fuchikoma in the original Manga. Also, he gave us several sketches of characters and mechanical designs.

For 2nd gig
http://www.productionig.com/contents/works_sp/02_/index.html
>For this second season, Innocence-famed director Mamoru Oshii contributed with his ideas to the concept of the entire series right from the initial planning stages.
>>
>>138246692
I just don't think Hollywood understands the tone of the series (SAC) or the Manga. GITS will suffer the same fate as most comic/cartoon adaptions.
So at best it will be a light hearted action flick with snarky dialogue between characters and at worst it will be a Michael Bay type movie without any substance.
Either way it won't be good.
>>
>>138246929
>everything is going to be random technobabble.
>motoko will be a huge flirt
>everything will have a shiny gloss and blue lighting because future
>>
>>138247047
>All technology will either be slick apple stuff or a bayformers style mess of polygons without any thought
Kill me.
>>
>>138241664
It has one key flaw.

The entirety of the 2nd gig is about the villain using a backlash against immigrants to gain power. The whole season is a commentary on Japanese xenophobia and not blaming other peoples and countries for your problems.

And who does it turn out has been backing and controlling the villain the whole time? The goddamn CIA. In fact there is a strong undercurrent of anti-Americanism (disguised as anti-Imperialism) running throughout the whole of SAC. Its common for the audience to miss the point of a work, its truly rare for the creators to miss their own.
>>
>>138247047
>>138247095
Holy crap. I totally forgot they were gonna fuck with the classic designs...
Also, I bet it's gonna be set in the US, because Western audiences wouldn't be able to relate if it was Japan. I wonder if they even acknowledge the whole United States, American Empire, Russo-American Alliance thing.
>>
>>138247249
Don't you have a Gate thread to shit up?
>>
File: wew.jpg (18KB, 306x140px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
18KB, 306x140px
IT'S OVER
>>
>>138247399
Who the fuck is in charge of casting this piece of shit?
>>
File: KEK INTENSIFIES.jpg (35KB, 267x442px) Image search: [Google]
KEK INTENSIFIES.jpg
35KB, 267x442px
>>138247456
JUST PRETEND IT DOESN'T EXIST
>>
>starring as Batou

Is this even real life
>>
File: 1436242701002.png (125KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1436242701002.png
125KB, 256x256px
Ignoring the current cast, if you got to choose who would you want to play The Major and Batou?
>>
File: dolph-lundgren-4.jpg (274KB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
dolph-lundgren-4.jpg
274KB, 2400x1800px
>>138247583
I don't know about the Major but for Batou.
>>
>>138247583
Megan Fox
>>
>>138247583
Emily Blunt for the Major. She wouldn't be sensual sex bomb Major but she'd be convincing operator Major, which I think would be a necessary sacrifice of moving into 3DPD.
>>
>>138247249
>And who does it turn out has been backing and controlling the villain the whole time? The goddamn CIA. In fact there is a strong undercurrent of anti-Americanism (disguised as anti-Imperialism) running throughout the whole of SAC
Then again, we have Americans in GATE threads complaining that America had been left out, that America SHOULD just conquer Japan and take over if Japan doesn't hand over the Gate. So it seems at least SOME Americans in real life genuinely think of themselves as being in an Empire, and see nothing wrong with WANTING their nation to pillage and steal in a TV show.
>>
>>138249329
Shit. That faggotry is infecting threads about shows that are actually watchable?
>>
>>138249329

Gate threads are just idiotic Americans not understanding basic politics. They honestly think America would invade Japan and claim Gate for themselves. So much autism.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.