[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best adaptation format for an eroge? I think KimiKiss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: eroge adaptation.jpg (680KB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
eroge adaptation.jpg
680KB, 3000x4000px
What is the best adaptation format for an eroge?

I think KimiKiss is the smartest way : split the MC to 2, and make 2 triangles amoureux.

Amagami was the most annoying. I didn't like the reset on each Arc.

Yosuga format is the same as the game. But it's hard then to remember what's happened and what didn't.
>>
File: 1423147583131.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1423147583131.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
Anything that is not rushed and well directed.
>>
File: easy mode.jpg (53KB, 977x447px) Image search: [Google]
easy mode.jpg
53KB, 977x447px
>>138110802
12h on paint
>>
>>138112084
Great route.
Better when you just finished momo route.
>>
kimikiss and amagami aren't eroge
>>
>>138110802
Amagami's was the best though
>>
>>138112224
agave best route
>>
>>138110802
Kanon 2006 aka best girl wins.
>>
>>138112454
You have shit taste. The samurai girl, or even his cousin were better.

In Clannad, Kyou = Tomoyo >>>>>> shit >> nagisa
>>
>>138112379
2 years. I have to wait 2 years to finish this game. And sequels will never be translated .
>>
Reminder that fatass a shit.
>>
File: maji ga kill.jpg (79KB, 797x599px) Image search: [Google]
maji ga kill.jpg
79KB, 797x599px
>>138112691
s is already 100% translated (it's shit)
a-1 is missing 1 route
they just started on a-2
best a route in 1-2 years
>>
Entire show should be true route.
>>
>>138110802
I liked amagami
>>
>>138110802
Fat didn't win in amagami
>>
Only slice of life vn right? then kimikiss sistem would be better, but amagami is the more easy to do without fucking it.

>>138113310
Not all vn have true route though.
>>
>>138113624
>Not all vn have true route though.

That's fine, just pick best girl and stop wasting our time with the redshirts.
>>
>>138110802
Yosuga was good
>>
Amagami. Doesn't really work unless the routes are short enough or the show is long enough which is rare.
>>
>>138110802
Why does best girl never have a route? How could Key forget to put a Sasasesasa Sasasi route in the original Little Busters?
>>
>>138113654
You just want to fuck with the waifufaggs right?
>>
>>138113701
This is the reason why the original muvluv can't be adapted.
>>
>>138110802
Either harem with open end, "true route" or a common scenario and a final episode for each heroine to be the choosen undead.
Honestly though some eroges should never become animes, sometimes it just won't work.
See FSN.
>>
>>138113821
I think that you actually can fit 3 routes in 26 chapters. You also can combine meiya and sumika in 1 and class rep/tama/ayamine routes arent that relevant so you can cut material from them.
>>
>>138113821
You can do what they did to Grisaia and smash together all the routes into a huge rushed mess

10 episodes would be devoted to lacrosse, of course
>>
>>138114050
But you have to build the characters for maximum suffering on alternative.
>>
>>138113978
Someone need to reed the definition of adaptation. Just some vn couldnt work as anime or manga (like sharin no kuni) but most of them could do it one way or another if they have a good director.
>>
>>138114169
If you can't at least carry over all the main plot elements then you should not bother.
Adaptation shouldn't be a free ticket to make shit up and fuck the narrative in the ass.
>>
>>138114341
>If you can't at least carry over all the main plot elements then you should not bother

>>138114169
>Someone need to reed the definition of adaptation

You are supposed to do exactly that (carry the events plot element and his meaning) but in another medium even if you need to change things so they can fit better. The problem is generally the staff and/or director.

For example the last fate anime have actually pretty good ideas for the adaptation, changed events and have new escenes, but the direction was shit so all the good go to waste.
>>
>>138114761
I don't think it was too bad. The main bad points for me were not spreading use of VN music throughout the anime, not even an allure to a sex scene, and the final Gil fight not being sword-spam vs sword-spam with Shirou charging into front line combat with Rho Aias even like in the anime but not fucking flying in like a god damn anime-meteor.
>>
>>138110802
>What is the best adaptation format for an eroge?

The format where it doesn't get adapted unless it's popular.

In this decade, the only VNs that didn't sell like shit when getting adapted were Steins;Gate (which was a nice harem and then things escalated quickly), Unlimited Blade Works (which isn't even a standard harem like Amagami or School Days), and Grisaia (which had an actual plot and spent god knows how long on military related shit, also all the routes were more plot).

None of those followed the harem model. I think Amagami SS did okay (I have not seen the BD numbers but I'm assuming it didn't sell like shit), but then let's look at everything else that follows suit:

Kouya wo Mezasu, which is going to sell triple digits due to the girls being shit.
Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai, which sold like shit.
Ushinawareta which sold less than 800.
Fortune Arterial, nobody even remembers this AND it sold like shit.

Why are these even getting adapted?
>>
There needs to be more shows like Amagami

Or maybe I'm just saying that because it was a fulfilling romance without bullshit (other than Rihoko who was saved later)
>>
>>138115425
Honestly, I can't stand NTR bullshit used in anime as a device to create romantic tension.
>>
File: sales_of_anime_with_many_girls.jpg (3MB, 3800x2520px) Image search: [Google]
sales_of_anime_with_many_girls.jpg
3MB, 3800x2520px
>>138115245
YnS had 9K+ average, 10K for Sora route.

But most are basically publicity for the VN and related merchandise. It's safer than a low budget original.
>>
File: overflow.jpg (848KB, 4960x1450px) Image search: [Google]
overflow.jpg
848KB, 4960x1450px
>>138110802
generational
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.