[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wow. Just wow. I never have great expectations on manga, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: Death_Note_volume_01.jpg (67KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
Death_Note_volume_01.jpg
67KB, 250x375px
Wow.

Just wow.

I never have great expectations on manga, but this was shit beyond all imagination.
No really, why is there a shitload of people saying it's good?
>>
There's no need to try so hard to fit in, maybe /v/ is better suited for you.
>>
>>138105103
He's right, though.
>>
File: 1390767929698.gif (3MB, 225x127px) Image search: [Google]
1390767929698.gif
3MB, 225x127px
Shoulda watched the anime.
>>
>>138105000
You are not 16,that is why.
>>
There was nothing wrong with the first part.
>>
>>138105468
Honestly, Death Note is probably better suited for like 13-14.

That's not a bad thing, either. Certain works are just better enjoy at certain ages. Catcher in the Rye is great, for example, but once you're like an actual working adult if you don't have an active interest in literature it's unimportant.

The problem is that OP is probably like 18 or less, and is reading ridiculous shonen manga expecting it to be sensible or something.
>>
It was good for a while and that's what made it grow it's fanbase
>>
FIrst half was okay. It's babby's first manga/anime though for a lot of people.
>>
It's basically babby's first anti-hero as a protagonist series.
And it was pretty good until the memory loss.
>>
>>138105836
This is really just stupid. Yes it's flawed, but it's still a standard most manga/anime can't compare to
>>
>>138105427
This, the soundrack is fantastic.
>>
>>138105836
I'm OP and I don't expect shonen (or whatever) to be sensibile or deep, but when they try and fail so hard I'm disappointed, especially when people praise them...
Also, when I was 13-14 I read way better things and I would never suggest this shit to anyone, even children, not because it's not meaningful and shit but because is poorly written, sometimes stupid, unoriginal, etc...
I guess I'll get over it anyway... It's just that a person I thought had good taste suggested it to me...
>>
File: 1444841693949.jpg (427KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1444841693949.jpg
427KB, 800x1000px
>>138105000
>wow. just wow
>>
Thinking about it, If DN came out today and I read it now weekly/monthly I would most probably shit on it like I do with Platinum End.
>>
>>138107252
This. It's just commonly accepted as a good manga, God knows why, maybe because of >>138106280
>>
>>138107614
Wasn't the series still positively marked by critics?

Then again, after seeing people praising Platinum End I shouldn't expect anything.
>>
>>138107882
It IS positively marked, that's what baffles me
>>
>>138105000
OP, you clearly HAVE great expectations on manga... just don't.
btw, I agree with you, first part was enjoyable tho
>>
>>138105000
What did you dislike about it ?
>>
>>138105000

The anime was really good and awesome. Solid 9/10, easily, and one of the best of its kind if you pretend that episode 25 is the final episode
>>
>>138105000
It's not THAT bad.
>>
>>138108695
>Solid 9/10, easily
The first half maybe, but overall the show was a 7/10 at best.
>>
It was baby's first non battle Shonen.
After watching the live action series I realize how stupid most of the plans in the manga were
Near/Mello was best girl
>>
>>138106996
Holy shit kill yourself
>>
>>138105000
People only hate it because its mainstream and 14 year old fat autismos identify with it.

Same reason people hate Portal, Avenged Sevenfold etc.

It's not bad its just overmarketed and overhyped.
>>
Death Note is fucking good
>>
>>138108794
read the spoiler
>>
>>138105000
It's not THAT bad, but i'm with you, it wouldn't even put it on my top 1000, if I made any. The series is only slightly good from the episode 11 to 25, the rest is beyond stupid and boring, unless you are watching it ironically. I haven't read the manga and I will never do, so I wouldn't know if it's better or not.
>>
>>138108491
Well, the story isn't that original, I found it boring and at times there are almost holes in the plot, makes it hard to suspend disbelief, characters are uninteresting, even better, completely flat, and badly portrayed, it becomes a mess after the first half and a bunch of other things, I hate how they give long explanations for everything, which seems forced, strategies seem forced, narration isn't fluent, Light and L are annoying, themes (if you can call them so) are not even remotely developed well, and so on... I could keep going
>>
>>138109476
Plot holes?
>>
>>138109570
Not really, but things that are unnatural
>>
>>138105000
>I never have great expectations on manga, but this was shit beyond all imagination.
>No really, why is there a shitload of people saying it's good?
Compared to what?
>>
>>138109646
People say it's better than the standard shonen, but I really don't think so... now, I know you will go like:
>muh narutard is defending his favourite manga
or something like that, but I'm not even jocking when I say that I rather spend my time on One Piece than this boring mediocrity
>>
>>138107252
>>138107882
I may be biased, but Platinum End doesn't hold a candle to Death Note so far.
>>
>>138110445
That's your opinion.
Flawed as it may be I'd pick it over any battle shonen I read, and that includes One Piece, but that's my opinion too.
If you found it boring it probably just wasn't up your alley.
>>
I remember Death Note as pretty good but I'm scared to rewatch it. Good thing I never will because no BDs EVER.
>>
I hear that the manga and anime endings differ. I've only experienced the anime's ending, which was perfect, so I'm curious about how the manga's ending is.
>>
>>138105000
It is a solid manga, your are overreacting.
>>
>>138112394
They're similar, but there are a few differences.
In the manga, during the final confrontation, Mikami doesn't stab himself and doesn't help Light escape. Ryuk then proceeds to write Light's name in his Death Note in front of him, Light goes nuts and dies. I prefer the manga ending, it really makes you feel Light's despair in his final moments.
>>
>>138112687
Yeah probably, because it was a disappointment mainly... still I wouldn't define it solid, barely tolerable maybe
>>
4/10

Made me reply.

Go watch Love Hina then faggot
>>
>>138109570
There a few plot holes in Death Note. Most notably post-FBI arc.
>>
>>138112714
I see. Thanks for the information.
>>
>>138105000
Some people have shit tastes. Most of the time its yourself.
>>
>>138106996
>shonen (or whatever)
what are you even doing
>>
>>138105427
>>138106774
Anime doesn't even adapt half of what happens in part 2, manga is way better imo, soundtrack/va are good but the rest can rot.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.