[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 1329868130367056229[1].jpg (82KB, 800x513px) Image search: [Google]
1329868130367056229[1].jpg
82KB, 800x513px
So, how is it /a/? I know basically nothing about it other than the fact that /pol/ loves it.
>>
Old, good, and if you don't delete this thread now, they're going to spoil it for you.
>>
>>138101937
Kakyoin dies.
>>
>>138102012
Good thing i can't remember japanese names.
>>
>>138102035
80% of the names in LotGH are German, so you should have no problem then.
>>
>>138101937
The narrative and visual direction is rather poor but you might come to like some of the characters which will keep you going.
>>
File: 1456854742028.png (688KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1456854742028.png
688KB, 960x720px
republican democracy best democracy
>>
LOGH is the peak of anime storytelling. It's from a time before corporate meddling and otaku pandering changed the way shows were produced and marketed.
>>
>>138103084
And yet there are plenty of shows every year that do just as much as LOGH did. But no EVERY show is doomed and produced the same way huh.
>>
It's pretty good but I think it's probably the most overrated show on /a/.
>>
File: RIP.jpg (356KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
RIP.jpg
356KB, 960x720px
Just be sure to watch it before you die.
Plebs cannot appreciate it.
>>
poor man's Code Geass.
>>
8/10.
Pretty good, but I don't get how some people consider it a GOAT anime.
>>
>>138104504
Gotta sell those cute anime figs.
>>
For a series heavily based around tactics and strategy, it features absolutely moronic displays of tactics and strategy

the novels that the series is based on are supposed to be amazing though I wouldn't know
>>
>>138106098
LOGH has very typical pretty boy and pretty girl characters designs for it's era though, what are you even on about?
>>
>>138101937
Yang dies half series. Reinhard dies due to retarded brain cancer. Julian is a faggot.
>>
>>138101937
Boring, overhyped, and too old. Basically a meme show
>>
>>138102035
There are no Japanese names in LOGH.
They're all German or Chinese.
>>
File: 1405604541441.gif (259KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
1405604541441.gif
259KB, 500x354px
6/10 show praised by the virtually illiterate for exploring babby's first political philosophy.

It has decent characters, utterly terrible space battles that make little to no sense visually, garbage art and animation, and the sound track, while good, is not memorable because it was just lifted from public domain orchestra productions.

I wish everyone would just watch it so we could agree it's overrated slop for pretentious manchildren.
>>
>>138101937
Watch it ASAP before the reboot, this is the final frontier of anime
>>
>>138101937

Great time to watch, the novels are being rereleased.
>>
>>138107201
Why not just watch the reboot and not deal with the horrible art of the original?
>>
>>138107295
Because I'm pretty sure that they will turn it into a shitty yaoi fan-fiction
>>
>>138107558
So just like the original
>>
I really like the flashback episodes. You probably won't find montages like LoGH has anywhere else.
>>
Nah, they will do the arslan senki shonenization
>>
Why the fuck hasn't Sentai announced anything further yet? They've got scheduled releases through June and still nothing. That's a whole year after since the license announcement
>>
>>138104504
>And yet there are plenty of shows every year that do just as much as LOGH did.

There hasn't been an anime released with the same breadth, detail, and scope as LoGH. I'm not saying LoGH is the best ever, but there's nothing else quite like it. Definitely not something that happens regularly, on a seasonal basis.
>>
>>138107026
I appreciate the effort you put into this. Don't let the lack of replies fool you, this is a good post. I love you.
>>
>>138108454
Fair enough, especially it being released by mailing episodes to subscribers like I heard it was. OVA culture is dead in general let alone a long running series.

Will be interesting to see what the remakes look like.
>>
It's ambitious, it also fails to be an actually interesting exploration of any of the themes it tries to run with though. It's actually not even worth watching in my opinion.

Watch some of Leiji Matsumoto's stuff instead if you have a craving for space opera. A bit simpler in scope perhaps but it's typically done a lot better.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.