[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's supposed to be good about this? It was the most dull

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 6

File: katanagaytari.jpg (299KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
katanagaytari.jpg
299KB, 1600x1000px
What's supposed to be good about this? It was the most dull tripe imaginable.
>>
nothing.
it is just shit and what you can expect when every book from this has been written in one month.
>>
>>137941400
I've heard plenty of people crow on about it though and I just don't understand. I can't see anything appealing about it other than the sociopath chick not wearing panties.
>>
Good execution, aesthetically pleasing, Togame was cute. That's about all I've got though, since, despite somewhat liking it, I myself was puzzled by its popularity. It has too little depth and the characterization is fairytale level at best.
>>
The ending really soured the series for me. It was a pretty generic story without it but theres nothing wrong with that. I liked the style.
>>
>>137941116
People like different things.
>>
>>137942397
And the guy is looking for an explanation to that. What did the people that liked the series like it for?
>>
>>137941779
I like the character's interactions, the development in the relationship between Togame and Shichika that happens within the 12 episodes, the artstyle, the pacing and especially how emotional the ending was.

Only bad thing were the fights in my opinion, most of them are terrible animated.
>>
>>137942491
>the character's interactions, the development in the relationship between Togame and Shichika that happens within the 12 episodes
Can you go into detail on that? Both of those things seemed very minimal to me.
>>
>>137941116
It really was. Fans say if you didn't like the dialogue you're just an ADHD riddled child who can't appreciate the depth and complexity of the series, despite the fact that much of the talking was stupid shit about how they're gonna beat their enemy and etc. Nisio seems under the impression that you can get away with writing bland antagonists if you give them speech tics, like excessively formal language to cover up the lack of wit and substance.

If it was regular length episodes and had less superfluous dialogue, it would probably be pretty good. I like the art style a lot, and Shichika and Togame were relatively entertaining together, their dialogue isn't something I minded. As is, it's unbearable to sit through.
>>
This place is fucking awufl
>>
>>137942561
Not him but, Shichika has probably the most character development I've ever seen in anime. Togame sort of guides him and teaches him how to be human and on that journey they fall in love and then the reveal at the end really solidifies the tragedy of their characters. I know the ending is either love it or hate it but I loved it. It showed the tragedy of mixing emotions and logic. Plus it was a fun road trip as well.
>>
>>137942719
>Nisio
Somehow I never even realized that this was one of his works. If I had known this prior to watching it, I probably wouldn't have bothered simply out of association.
>>
>>137942777
>Shichika has probably the most character development I've ever seen in anime
That sounded odd when I initially read it, but the tragic element of the ending genuinely works in your favor there. It's not something that's often done, and it wasn't badly executed at all in my view, so I can see your point.
>>
a e s t h e t i c s

I watched it cause a buddy of mine really liked it.

It's ok. I don't really see the hype.

Would've been better if it was just a series of unrelated stories in the same setting though. The locales were comfy.

>>137942777
>Shichika has probably the most character development I've ever seen in anime
No offense, but you should try watching more anime. Off the top of my head, Kamille shits all over him.
>>
>>137942786
The thing is, I actually really enjoy the monogatari series. I think he pulled off his 'style' of dialogue very well in it. Katanagatari feels like he didn't really have any ideas to make it similarly clever, but filling in time with words is what worked for him in the past so he did it anyway.
>>
>>137942876
The argument is fine but you should almost never use absolute terms. It will probably make you look like a fool even if the rest of your argument is sound.
>>
>>137942561
>Both of those things seemed very minimal to me.
What do you mean by minimal?Almost all focus of the anime goes to the interactions between the two main characters, there's barely anything to watch in Katanagatari aside from the dialogue, so I don't know how can you consider it minimal.

As for the development, it should be self explanatory. Their relationship started as something superficial and false but becomes real as the episodes go on, Togame maintains her desire for revenge and keeps using Shichika but at the same time develops feelings and begins to actually care for him and Shichika goes from someone who couldn't feel anything, being joy or sadness, to a character that really loves Togame and enjoys the life with her.
>>
>>137943015
Minimal relative to other shows, as >>137942942 put it, not in relation to any of the other elements of the show. The rest is quite sensible to me, even if I don't feel as strongly about it as you do.
>>
>>137942942
I don't like mecha so I can't confirm or deny your point but you sound like you're just being contrarian.
>>
>>137942777
>I know the ending is either love it or hate it
I didn't really give two shits about it by the time it happened.

Togame getting shot was great, and then the rest of it was pretty bland tbqhwymegoqt.
>>
Likable characters, good art, good concept. Well-made from start to finish. It's not genius but it's pretty good.
>>
>>137942956
I'm in the same boat. I really enjoy Monogatari. I even liked Nise.
But I didn't go in expecting Katanagatari to be the same. Which is good, because it wasn't. But it also wasn't very enjoyable. The dialog just didn't feel as clever and witty as Monogatari's. Like there was nothing like the park episode in Katana.
>>
>>137943171
How was the reveal of betrayal, emotional espionage and snake symbolism bland?
>>
>>137943117
>you're just being contrarian.
I'm not. I went into it completely open, and generally trust my friend's taste. I just happened to disagree with him.

As to my initial claim of how your perspective is narrow, well if it's the only show you've seen that actually has well developed characters (which is actually pretty likely considering the schlock this board seems to praise so much), it would certainly skew your view towards thinking this is actually "that good"
>>
>>137943433
>symbolism
That's how. Symbolism in general is bland.
>>
>>137942956
>>137943303
For me it's the opposite. I find Monogatari decent but nothing really memorable or great, but I absolutely love Katanagatari. It might have something to do with how random and nonsensical most of the interactions in Monogatari feel, compared to Katanagatari where things have a sort of purpose.
>>
>>137943433
>How was the reveal of a hamfisted betrayal that undermines the development Togame had, cheap shockk value, and elementary school level literary techniques bland?

Shit son, when you put it that way?
>>
>>137943541
As someone who actually loves Katanagatari, I also always thought that the betrayal felt forced as fuck.

Thought I was the only one.
>>
>>137943303
I think his writing works better when it's about characters rather than events. As in, his writing is good for relationship banter, but bad for fight scenes and adventure-centric conflict. Monogatari had more of the former and Katanagatari had more of the latter.
>>
>>137943541
>>undermines the development Togane had
Nigga the reveal was what made her an interesting character. And what did it undermine?
>>
>>137943592
Katanagatari is literally about the characters though. The events and story are there just to give context to their actions and to serve as plot devices to their changes and reactions.
>>
>>137943463
>I'm not being contrarian
>which is actually pretty likely considering the schlock this board seems to praise so much

I don't even disagree with you but please read back what you're going to say before posting it.
>>
>>137943705
It doesn't invalidate his point one bit though.
>>
>>137943757
It proves he was being contrarian though.
>>
>>137943678
The problem is that the events and story take up too much time. I found Shichika and Togame pretty entertaining, but the show is overall a chore to watch and needed to be cut down in terms of both running time and dialogue.
>>
>>137943775
Yep, it does.
>>
>>137943463
>taking recs from muh friends
It honestly sounds like you're just some shonenshit and this was your first foray into not that.
>>
>>137941116
Music was good
>>
>>137943825
Well that's all I was doing. I wasn't trying to invalidate his point I have no stake in his argument. I was just pointing out his obvious hypocrisy.
>>
>>137943874
>muh friends
>muh
Do you not have any?
>>
>>137943928
new and original retort, my man.
>>
>>137941116

It was written by that Nisioisin guy everyone insists writes the most brilliant dialogue and hype marketed by Aniplex basically. Also one hour format made it kind of unique but it was like among the anime that would benefit the least from it. I made it about 4 episodes in before all interest was lost
>>
>>137943463
You're definitely being contrarian if you're denying Shichika's character development or saying it's not as good compared to some gundam faggot who learns to be not a bitch.
>>
>>137943640
>Anime clearly shows that Togame loves and cares about Shichika
>All her development points out to her forgetting about revenge/search for power
>There's literally no logical or emotional reason to kill Shichika, as he didn't had anything to do with the death of her father and she knew it.
>The anime NEVER shows her as a bad or evil person, on the contrary. It shows her as a caring and kind despite being a little tsun at times.
>Only reason that we ''know'' she's a bad person is because a few characters said so and due to the ending
>Show still makes her say that she would kill Shichika for no reason, despite all her progress, character, dialogue and development pointing out to the contrary.
It was literally for shock factor. I know people will defend this by saying that it was because she couldn't let go of her desire for revenge despite loving Shichika but really, it makes no sense for her to take revenge on him, I get that she still wants to destroy the shogunate but her wanting to kill Shichika is completely retarded in terms of logic and writing.
>>
>>137942478
What good will telling him about specific things some people liked about the show do?
It's pretty personal and all it will come down to is him disagreeing with what's supposed to be good since this thread wouldn't exist in the first place if he held the same values as the people who like this show.
>>
>>137943705
>>137943775
>>137943890
No. If we go back to my original post I said "It's ok"
Which it is. If I was being contrarian, I'd have said it's bad and shit, and the animation is garbage (which isn't the case).

Just cause I don't like the show as much as /a/ seems to, doesn't make me contrarian.
As to the schlock, I don't even watch it, so I don't know that it's bad, per se, but I do know that much of it has low production values and find that I don't really wanna waste my time on it.

>>137943874
Actually my friend is the one that likes Shounen.
>>137944104
>denying Shichika's character development
Learn to read.
>it's not as good compared to some gundam faggot who learns to be not a bitch.
If we're gonna put it in those terms, >Katanagatari is about a dude who goes from being an emotionless husk indefatigable badass, to caring friend indefatigable badass. So much depth.
If you don't prefer Kamille to Shichika, well I'll just say that Shinji has way more than either of them.
Only contrarians to /a/ will disagree that Shinji's development isn't better.
>>
>>137944128
>Anime clearly shows that Togame loves and cares about Shichika
The reveal doesn't contradict this and in fact plays on it.
>All her development points out to her forgetting about revenge/search for power
No, her saying it doesn't make it development she was like that from the beginning.
>There's literally no logical or emotional reason to kill Shichika, as he didn't had anything to do with the death of her father and she knew it.
She still couldn't forgive him for being the son of the man who killed her father, and she probably didn't want him getting credit or lordship
>The anime NEVER shows her as a bad or evil person, on the contrary. It shows her as a caring and kind despite being a little tsun at times.
See below
>Only reason that we ''know'' she's a bad person is because a few characters said so and due to the ending
That's what's called fucking foreshadowing dumbass.
>>
>>137943796
>but the show is overall a chore to watch and needed to be cut down in terms of both running time and dialogue.
Well, that's a matter of opinion(obviously). The show was extremely entertaining to me and I thought that the pacing was one of the best aspects of it.
>>
>>137943640
>the reveal was what made her an interesting character
That's not decent writing works.

A massive chunk of her whole arc is about her coming to terms with the heir of the man who killed her father, and not only that, but befriending and trusting him. Her "well I was gonna kill you even though the show indicated I got over all of that stuff xD silly eye wink" was completely out of left field. There were moments of her wrestling with her desire for vengeance, but the events of the show indicated that she had gotten over it.
>>
>>137941116
I want to cast my vote. This anime was indeed a complete waste of time. OP pic makes it look promising because the art style is different. But, its shit.
>>
>>137944146
Understanding other people's views and the reasons behind them broadens your own views and makes you more open in the future to things that you wouldn't have enjoyed as much otherwise. /a/ may be /a/, but even here there's plenty of value in that if you want to grow as a person.
>>
>>137944580
If you want to grow as a person please spend your time differently.
>>
>>137944646
That argument would work if people couldn't focus on more than one thing or one place at a time.
>>
>>137943796
I'm agreed here, the best parts of Monogatari are when it's just two characters talking about some random bullshit, or turning some extended metaphor about traffic lights into a commentary on humanity and how we act in response to risk.
I really liked the banter in Katanagatari, but couldn't care less about any of the scenes relating to the overall plot. I didn't think the fight scenes were very entertaining. The whole structuring of the series is just too battle shounen-ey, and the best parts of Nisioisin's writing struggled to shine through that.
>>
>>137944891
>Nisioisin's writing struggled to shine through that.
The writer who designed the story wrote it so that his writing didn't shine?

Maybe cause he really isn't all that good of a writer?
>>
>>137944370
>The reveal doesn't contradict this and in fact plays on it.
It doesn't change the fact that it felt forced. If ''I love and care about you, but I'll still kill you because your father (that was killed by your hands) killed my father'' doesn't sound like a retarded asspull to you, then I don't know what to say.
>No, her saying it doesn't make it development she was like that from the beginning.
I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Everything that she does at the course of the anime contradicts the idea that she will kill him at the end and it's clear that she does change at the course of their journey, not because she said so but because the anime clearly shows it.
>She still couldn't forgive him for being the son of the man who killed her father
As I already pointed out, that's the part that felt forced. This would be understandable if she didn't knew or had feelings for him, but she loved him and never showed any hint of grudge or hate against him in all the 12 episodes.
>That's what's called fucking foreshadowing dumbass.
>showing a character saying something that contradicts everything that we saw in the anime is foreshadowing
Okay.
>>
>>137945119

>him in all the 12 episodes.
I agree with you, but there's that one scene where she was digging and she snaps at him in response to her flashback/memory.

There's definitely some animosity famalam, however as you said, the events of the show indicate that she had buried the hatchet.
>>
>>137944729
I'm not even trying to argue.
>arguing about taste on /a/ will make you grow as a person
is just a pretty ridiculous thing to say. If you honestly want to grow as a person I advise you to try a different way. In any case it won't serve as a justification of this shitty thread since there certainly are much more efficient ways to broaden your horizon or grow as person. Feel free to disagree about it or just admit that you enjoy pointless arguments.
>>
>>137945304
>Feel free to disagree about it or just admit that you enjoy pointless arguments.
It doesn't sound like you have any capacity whatsoever of understanding growth or arguments to begin with, so it'd be a waste of my time.
>>
i want to cum in togames hairpussy
>>
>>137945392
I want to cum in the ainu loli.
>>
>>137945119
>It doesn't change the fact that it felt forced. If ''I love and care about you, but I'll still kill you because your father (that was killed by your hands) killed my father'' doesn't sound like a retarded asspull to you, then I don't know what to say.
That's exactly what made her interesting. She valued getting revenge more than love.
>I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Everything that she does at the course of the anime contradicts the idea that she will kill him at the end and it's clear that she does change at the course of their journey, not because she said so but because the anime clearly shows it.
She literally explains this in her monologue that she was deceiving herself along with him and tricking herself into believing this. Although typing that down it kinda does seem like a bit of an asspull so I'll give it to you.
>As I already pointed out, that's the part that felt forced. This would be understandable if she didn't knew or had feelings for him, but she loved him and never showed any hint of grudge or hate against him in all the 12 episodes.
She's not a moeblob who bows to love over all else she's an extremely pragmatic strategist (or whatever she calls herself) who won't hesitate to use feeling if love to help her achieve her goal.
>>showing a character saying something that contradicts everything that we saw in the anime is foreshadowing
when someone appears to be a nice person and then people start saying they're not a nice person and they turn out to not be a nice person. Guess what that was foreshadowing.
>>
>>137945374
>it'd be a waste of my time
Considering you're here I doubt that.
>>
File: 1444014844167.jpg (12KB, 318x326px) Image search: [Google]
1444014844167.jpg
12KB, 318x326px
>>137945392
>Wanting to fap for Togame for the entire time
>I'll fap to her when I finish the anime
>Can't fap to anything related to the anime after finishing it because of the feels
>>
>>137945440
>That's exactly what made her interesting. She valued getting revenge more than love.
What made her interesting is that she found something stronger than such lust for revenge.
>She literally explains this in her monologue that she was deceiving herself along with him and tricking herself into believing this. Although typing that down it kinda does seem like a bit of an asspull so I'll give it to you.
That's the big point.
>She's not a moeblob who bows to love over all else she's an extremely pragmatic strategist (or whatever she calls herself) who won't hesitate to use feeling if love to help her achieve her goal.
Nobody said she was?
>when someone appears to be a nice person and then people start saying they're not a nice person and they turn out to not be a nice person. Guess what that was foreshadowing.
I'm not the other guy, but she was shown to be snappy and rude, but she develops over the course of events to not be that person. The ending is sort of like the writer ended up missing the point about how she had developed and then wanted to slip his original ideas in for cheap drama because he isn't that competent of an author.
>>
>>137945636
Fuck of normalfag.

Seriously, feelsfags need to off themselves.
>>
File: Pengin.png (280KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Pengin.png
280KB, 800x450px
He didn't deserve this
>>
>>137945646
>What made her interesting is that she found something stronger than such lust for revenge.
Really? Overcoming revenge is like the most generic revenge trope ever. It's refreshing to see someone who in fact wishes they had overcome their revenge but couldn't.
>Nobody said she was?
It was implied when you (or maybe not you) said she couldn't kill him because she loved him.
>I'm not the other guy, but she was shown to be snappy and rude, but she develops over the course of events to not be that person. The ending is sort of like the writer ended up missing the point about how she had developed and then wanted to slip his original ideas in for cheap drama because he isn't that competent of an author.
She was only really kind to Shichika because she grew to love him she was still extremely rude to everyone else unless she wanted something from them.
>>
>>137945873
Agreed, I cant believe that sick fuck made him drink that whole bottle of Tabasco.
>>
Did you guys skip the Wiseman episode or something? The Wiseman straight up says to Togame about how fucked up she is about not being able to let go of her past after all that time.
>>
>>137945440
>That's exactly what made her interesting. She valued getting revenge more than love.
Reads: The author valued shock factor more than consistency, logic and character development.

Also, the problem isn't just that the author decided that she valued revenge more than love at the end, it was that her revenge against Shichika is not even slightly convincing. Killing the man you love just because he's the son of the guy who killed your father when he himself was the one that killed your father's murderer is just stupid in terms of narrative.
>She's not a moeblob who bows to love over all else she's an extremely pragmatic strategist
She would never kill Shichika if she was really pragmatic though. Not to mention that she wasn't just ''using feelings'', see episode 9.
>when someone appears to be a nice person and then people start saying they're not a nice person and they turn out to not be a nice person.
You're missing the point.
>Guy say she's a bad person
>In the same episode, she spares the life of a maniwa for literally no reason
This kind of thing happens throughout the whole series, her actions contradicts what other characters say until the very last episode. I guess you can still call ''foreshadowing'' but it just isn't really convincing for the audience.
>>
>>137945873
Most of the maniwa didn't deserve what's coming to them, most of them were just decent dudes bound to a code doing their jobs and from their perspective they already knew togame was a cold, evil manipulative bitch to begin with and was killing their friends.
>>
>>137946658
>from their perspective they already knew togame was a cold, evil manipulative bitch to begin with and was killing their friends.
>Send a bunch of faggots to steal the swords and kill her
>They are the ones that get killed instead
>t-t-this evil bitch!
She even tried to spare the life of a bunch of maniwas.

Also, Shichika was the only who killed them.
>He was being manipulated!
Yeah, guess that someone isn't guilty of murder if he was ordered or manipulated to do it. Not to mention that he's even more cold than Togame at times.
>>
>>137946862
>Send a bunch of faggots to steal the swords and kill her
She betrayed their contract and then tried to cut all ties with them. From their perspective they're just doing their job.
>>
>>137946862
>Manipulated
Not even that, he literally offered to help her while knowing all the truth about her past.
>>
>>137946995
>She betrayed their contract and then tried to cut all ties with them.
Although you can argue that what she did wasn't right, it's still very different from thinking that she's a evil bitch who will kill all your friends because of it.

Also, the first maniwa wasn't the one who betrayed her first?I can't remember
>>
>>137946521
>Also, the problem isn't just that the author decided that she valued revenge more than love at the end, it was that her revenge against Shichika is not even slightly convincing. Killing the man you love just because he's the son of the guy who killed your father when he himself was the one that killed your father's murderer is just stupid in terms of narrative.
You not liking it doesn't make it a bad narrative decision, you just seem bitter because you wanted something more between Togame and Shichika. Also it completely makes sense considering she and probably most of Japan believes in ancestral guilt and even if she doesn't it's at least some conciliation or recompense. The fact that she loved him forced her to choose between her love and getting her revenge and she choose revenge in the end which makes her interesting or if you disagree at least unique.
>She would never kill Shichika if she was really pragmatic though. Not to mention that she wasn't just ''using feelings'', see episode 9.
Why not, it makes sense in order to achieve her ultimate goal of revenge?
>You're missing the point.
I don't think I am, that's exactly how foreshadowing works. You don't have to see them wriggling their fingers together and giving a evil laughter to be foreshadowing. It's subtle foreshadowing because the author obviously wanted it to be shocking.
>it just isn't really convincing for the audience.
See above.
>>
>pengin's death
Holy Shit that was ruthless, I didn't really expect mercy but oh my god that was the saddest thing in the whole show
>>
>>137947238
>You not liking it doesn't make it a bad narrative decision,
I already explained why I dislike and why I think it makes no sense. Isin could have made the whole thing feel more convincing and less forced, but he didn't.
>ou just seem bitter because you wanted something more between Togame and Shichika
>Something more
Like what?She would have died anyway. I do think that the way she died could have been handled better but that's another story
>in ancestral guilt and even if she doesn't it's at least some conciliation or recompense
So a supposed pragmatic, intelligent and cold strategist wants to kill the man she loves because she believes in karma nonsense?That sounds even worse.
>the fact that she loved him forced her to choose between her love and getting her revenge and she choose revenge in the end which makes her interesting or if you disagree at least unique.
As I said, the problem is that her reason for revenge wasn't believable or convincing. It was indeed original, which is one of the reasons why the scene had such a big shock value, but that doesn't make it good or well executed.
>It's subtle foreshadowing
>a character literally telling you that she's evil
>subtle
It isn't subtle, it's on your face. Problem is that it doesn't match with reality.
>>
I liked three things about Katanagatari:
>the aesthetics
>the music
>the theme of tragedy and failure

I'm actually red/green colorblind, so the vibrant colors are incredible to me. They did a lot of things with the art that I really loved, too, like the vidya references and character motifs (Shichika's leaves, Nanami's flowers, etc.). Iwasaki pulled out all the stops for the OST. I could related to the theme of failure the most.
>>
>>137948409
>red/green colorblind
Quick question about that, how do you feel about anime that uses filters like chromatic aberration? Are they annoying since a random part of the screen loses all depth of colors?
>>
>>137948030
>>137948030
You know what were not getting anywhere with this. Neither of us are going to convince the other. I liked it you didn't who gives a fuck. That said

>like what?
I don't know you just seem upset she wasn't professing her undying love for Shichika in his arms. There's clearly something going on here you're bitter about this scene.
>Karma bullshit
It's the fucking Shogunate era. Everyone believed you had a responsibility to you're family to inherit their successes but also their failures snd debts. Some people still believe this.
>As I said, the problem is that her reason for revenge wasn't believable or convincing. It was indeed original, which is one of the reasons why the scene had such a big shock value, but that doesn't make it good or well executed.
I disagree wholeheartedly I think her explanation made sense. It made me re-evaluate her character as a clearly damaged psychopath who plotted this revenge for all her life and it would make sense that a year of being in love wouldn't or couldn't change her mind. Or maybe she felt it was too late I don't know it's interesting, the fact that were having this in depth of a conversation proves her and her reveal is interesting.
>it isn't subtle
A "villian" said she was evil besides you were the one who had a problem with the foreshadowing not me.
>>
File: 1292140223.png (54KB, 731x618px) Image search: [Google]
1292140223.png
54KB, 731x618px
Nisio really is a talentless hack. This anime was a complete ripoff of the kenshin ovas
>>
>>137948558
>Shichika did not complete his training
>A woman he quickly took a liking to
>Togame has a change of heart
>Shichika killed Togame's father
>Shichika blames himself
>Shichika lives on (well he tries not to)
I'll admit there are similarities but calling it a rip off is a hell of a stretch.
>>
File: 1407121613117.jpg (73KB, 524x468px) Image search: [Google]
1407121613117.jpg
73KB, 524x468px
>>137943588
That's strange. I could have sworn there was no actual betrayal. I thought she was just lying to give him a reason not to be sad about her death. Was she actually being genuine? Lemme go re-watch it.
>>
>>137948508
I honestly don't know what those are, and I probably haven't noticed. Do you have an example?

What does annoy me is when a cast has rainbow-colored hair and the one supposed to have pink hair looks like gray to me.
>>
>>137948933
I remember arguing with one faggot for like a whole day about this. I don't think it was a lie, but you can believe what you want because I'm not doing that again.
>>
>>137944463
>the events of the show indicated that she had gotten over it.
No, she didn't, looks like you forgot about the scene with the shota sage, who warned Togame that she either gave up on her pointless quest for revenge or prepared to pay for it. And guess what? She refused to give up.
>>
>>137948945
https://youtu.be/6p9Qoj8yVyw?t=55

There were couple anime I noticed last and this year that used color filters like this. Or they used filters that causes color fringing for stylization i guess. Personally it annoys the hell out of me.
>>
>>137945119
You seem to not understand that Togame is basically insane because of her thirst for revenge, so trying to apply normal logic to her psyche is pointless. She was just a living corpse who wanted to destroy everything including herself.
>>
>>137948558
And Kenshin moved on to Kaoru in the end, so did Shichika to Hitei.
>>
File: 1407966200970.jpg (220KB, 448x455px) Image search: [Google]
1407966200970.jpg
220KB, 448x455px
>>137945873
Shame he was turned into scrambled eggs.
>>
>>137949028
I just went and rewatched it, and I can see where you're both coming from. The problem was that there really wasn't much of a betrayal. Emotionally, she was clearly in love with him, but on the other hand she wanted revenge.

She tried to play it off like her emotions didn't mean much to her, but she was definitely teetering on a fence there. Whether or not she would have been able to go through with it, especially given more time, should be up to personal opinion.

>>137949217
It really doesn't matter if it turned out that she was insane in the end. He's calling it forced because there was no prior build up or reason for it. If you watch the episodes back to back, it's literally 30 minutes between the the point where they directly address and resolve the idea of revenge and the point where she tells him that it was a lie. There was no indication whatsoever. Her personality seemed completely genuine the entire time. The scene where she directly states that her desire for revenge ended with his father's death only makes it seem more absurd.
>>
>>137950312
>Whether or not she would have been able to go through with it, especially given more time, should be up to personal opinion.
Togame herself accepted she couldn't, and she was going to kill him soon after they arrived to the capital, there was no time for a change of heart.
>there was no prior build up or reason for it.
>There was no indication whatsoever
Did you somehow fail to remember Togame's weird expression every time she had a flashback about the day her dad was killed and the scene where the sage tried to tell her that her revenge was meaningless but she didn't listen?
>>
>>137950312
I know I said I wasn't gonna get into it again but let me just rehash. Togame valued revenge over everything else even her own life. She did love him but she valued revenge more. She said she would've killed him afterwords and from a literary standpoint whatever character has the last say on a point is usually correct.
>>
Shichika Hachiretsu was the coolest move
http://archive.quad.moe/quadfile/file/1379D4.webm
>>
>>137941116
It's pretty shit yeah
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6931521
>>
>>137947162
No she betrayed them before the story started.
>>
>mandarin duck the rewind
what the fuck?
I mean I think I mostly got the names of others but this one just makes zero sense, what's it even supposed to mean?
>>
I just recently watched it too but I enjoyed it quite a bit, the characters all were very quirky and it was pretty fun.
I liked princess Hitei and Emonzaemon especially, his weird speech pattern was very amusing.
https://youtu.be/aywiXqVAqp4
>>
>>137949158
Oh God, I get it now. Yeah, that was the primary reason I didn't bother watching that show; it looks stupid and tryhard as hell like that.
>>
Huge shit, they keep talking for days about nothing. They have a bigger mouth than my mother it's annoying
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.