[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Katekyo Hitman Reborn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 9

File: images.jpg (15KB, 187x269px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 187x269px
Let's talk about this for a sec
>relatable (if exaggerated) Mc
>steady progression
>nothing too convuluted or try hard
>smoothest transition from comedy to action in any Shonen ever

Was KHR one of the best of all time? What were it's faults? Does it deserve better or worse treatment? Discuss
>>
>>137815443
>>nothing too convuluted
Going back to the past after all possible multiple futures have ended badly was rather convuluted
>>
>smoothest transition from comedy to action in any Shonen ever
It literally tried to be a gag manga and had to go the battle shounen route.
>>
>Was KHR one of the best of all time ?

el oh el
>>
>>137815443
>nothing too convuluted or try hard
Holy shit you don't really believe this do you?
>>
>>137815443
Author doesn't even know what she's trying to do.
Comedy > romcom > battleshonen > fujobait.
Everything got so fucked up it eventually gave birth to one of the most disappointing endings ever.

No one I know actually likes the story. The only loyal support the series have comes from female weebs who fangirl over the characters, and they also don't like how the story goes.
>>
>>137816641
From what I remember the battles made sense. There were little to no asspulls. So it's a decent shonen in my book
>>
>>137816036
Why are you talking about the future? Everyone knows KHR ends after the Varia arc.
>>
Went from decent comedy/slice-of-life to generic battle shounen
It's been forgotten about and frankly it deserves it
>>
>>137816724
Battles are decent, but can you say the same about its plot progression? Even Bleach's plot is better than khr
>>
>>137815443
At the end Tsuna was the same, so the character development was zero. The last arc was promising, but went bad very fast.
>>
>>137816724
>There were little to no asspulls
Remember when the rings were a device to transform their aura in flames?
Remember when the Vongola rings had 100% efficiency and thus couldn't be any better?
Remember when Tsuna got a ring upgrade from nowhere just because he needed to defeat Byakuran?

Remember when the rings evolved yet once again to asspull another victory?
>>
>>137817317
I honestly don't think there's enough really good shonen battles out there that I care.

I don't remember much of the plot, but neither Bleach's was good. I stopped about 50 chapters after the anime ended with Bleach. I resemble people theorizing Mizuiro Kojima to be the Spirit King. But Bleach's plot hasn't gone anywhere decent. It should've ended after Rukia's arc.

>>137817370
I don't consider a steady progression system an asspull. Then again, I never claimed there were nevre any asspuls.
>>
KHR is like the textbook fail to deliver manga. It had a bunch of cool little things that unfortunately never really came together. The characters were mostly one note and the battles were forgettable. I think the weakest part of it were the villains for sure though.
>>
>>137816724
>the battles made sense.
Most of the time it was just characters showing off the new powerup they had obtained though
it was nothing noteworthy or memorable
>>
>>137817489
Yeah it's no pre-timeskip Naruto but it's still decent.
>>
I enjoyed the battles and a lot of the characters, and the art is great, but KHR is a prime example of wasted potential in the end. Not to mention the unbelievable power creep.
>Varia arc Tsuna beats Xanxus, who beat 9th, and who's subordinate beat Iemitsu and an Arcobaleno
>immediately loses in the future arc and has to upgrade
>everybody upgrades AGAIN midarc to 100% ring efficiency
>have to get another asspull powerup from their ancestors to beat Byakuran
>immediately get their ass kicked again by Emo boy at 1/7th of his power
>beat him and one of the 1st generation at his full power
>surprise, here come the strongest enemies in the series, who destroy all of the last arc's villains at the same time
>Iemitsu is suddenly stronger than Tsuna despite getting gunned down by a mook robot before
>Tsuna finally defeats the big bad after 2 power ups only for AYY LMAOs to introduce themselves and casually overpower all the strongest characters in the series at their full flame power, including Tsuna, who was uninjured in the last fight, Reborn, etc
>>
Most generic and boring shounen ever
>>
>>137815443
Fuck this manga. Tsuna is a fucking horrible MC.

Rikuo from Nurarihyon is another MC who's in line to become the head of a crime family but he fucking accepts it, unlike this sad sack of shit.
>>
>>137816641
it was first a gag manga but wsj fans didn't like it so its turned to a battle shonen
>fujobait
you mean like most other manga like
Naruto
OP
D Grayman
Gintama
>>
>>137818154
Oh fucking please, KHR was baiting harder than anything else you've listed except for maybe D-Grayman.

More than 3/4 of the cast were sparkly pretty boys.
>>
>>137818209
It should also be noted that KHR and D-Grayman are both written by women.
>>
>>137815443
the future arc was milked so long, it killed the series.
>>
>>137818209
as a huge straight while underweight showering male I can safely say Naruto was the bigger panderer to fujoshis.

There's like maybe two or three questionably gay in KHR. Whilst literally everyone is gay in Naruto, I give Kishi props for his brilliant foreshadowing. But KHR has better straight relationships than fucking Naruto. How can you claim it panders to fujos more?
>>
>>137818209
At least D-Grayman is intresting, battles and character designs are good.
>>
>>137816641
>it eventually gave birth to one of the most disappointing endings ever.

My only problem with it was that it wasn't even a proper ending but aside from that it was not bad I think.
>>
>>137818993
What's so bad about is is that Tsuna shows that he can lead Vongola just fine when he needs to and manned the hell up considerably during the last arc. Then the ending happens and acts like none of that ever happened and that he's still a worthless, idiotic pile of shit who can't do anything without Reborn's help. Regardless of it not being the real ending Amano wanted, it's such a slap in the face.

Besides that, I liked Reborn but the future arc can fuck right off.
>>
>>137818021
Exactly. Everytime he showed some development, the next arc would reset it. So stupid.
>>
It had potential after the Varia arc but the Future Arc killed it.

It was fucking ridiculous in length and power creep.
>>
>>137815443
Might as well talk about fucking Satan 666 or Psyren.
>>
>>137816085
Medaka Box did the same thing and its transition was way more obvious and rushed.
>>
>>137822532

What was the author thinking with the future arc?

After the Varia the series could have gone anywhere but nooo let's do some time travel and get into some futuristic pokemon clusterfuck fighting against an inter-dimensional horror for like 300 chapters and see what happens.
>>
>>137815443
>Before the future arc
Simple straightforward plot, great battles, great villains, nice progression of power, Tsuna slowly manning up
>After the future arc
Plot got confusing, battle seem to turn into generic power level battles, lame villains, ass-pull power up, Tsuna bitch out and still doesn't want to become leader, well the art got better so there's that

The manga took a harsh turn after the future arc, I just pretend that it ended at Varia arc.
>>
>>137815443
>Was KHR one of the best of all time
It's literally one of the worst. I don't know how shit your taste has to be to think it's one of the best, or how new you have to be to ask that question seriously.
>>
>>137818154
>most other manga
>like these WSJ fighting series
I want to believe this post is ironic.
>>
Yamamoto never caught a break.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O1qgl5th1I
>>
>>137823753
You're in a shounenshit thread, don't expect people to actually read manga or know what they're talking about.
>>
>>137823753
fairy tail
snk
now fuck off
>>
>>137824109
I do believe this one is ironic.
>>
>>137823535
Varia wasn't even that good, it was just okay. It was Hueco Mundo tier. It was Gaara rescue tier. It was Pre-Arlong tier.
>>
>>137815443
Nothing to convoluted? Are you freaking kidding me? The future arc was bad enough before bring in parallel universes and shit. Also, Tsuna was PATHETIC outside of battle and didn't develop at all
>>
Yamamoto was the only good thing about KHR
>>
>>137825012

I liked Gokudera.

JUDAIMEH
>>
Haven't see a bait so desperate in forever.

Reborn is fucking trash. It had a wall beat a human once.
>>
>>137826367
>It had a wall beat a human once.

What?
>>
>>137826475
Anon is referring to the video here >>137823858
>>
>>137815443
To this day I am still annoyed by how convoluted the evolution of the rings and shit in the future arc. Hell, everything is so rushed and nothing much really fleshed out especially after that arc.
>>
>>137827149

And what about the plot tweest about the Real Funeral Wreaths?
>>
>>137815443
It is ridiculous but enjoyable enough for me. I just took the whole plot, setting and characters with a grain of salt. The Manga had it's charm to me.
The plot was always over the top and I liked it because of that. Like anything goes, just handwave it away with mafia magic. Plus it stayed mostly lighthearted and character centric the whole time. The comedy was hit or miss, and had it's high point when it was built around the charcters and relationships.

tl;dr: If you liked the concept, it's entertaining enough.
The art in the second half is gorgeous though.
>>
People read KHR?
>>
>>137828246
The manga art was a lot easier on the eyes than the anime.
>>
>>137827360
And you think that the upgrade that came up to against them isn't rushed and poorly written?
>>
>>137815443
>Watch ep 1.
>50 cliches in 15 minutes
>Drop it
>>
I enjoyed it. Too bad the manga stopped coming out in the US. Those psp games were nice. Also Tsuna is my main in JStars.
>>
>>137824814
Like you can call it convoluted, but it wasn't difficult to understand and made sense.
Though you'd have the inevitable travel back in time which would mean they'd have less powerlevels but they didn't. That was BS
>>
>>137828698
>cliche
stop
>>
>>137829246
Japan should stop.
>>
>>137828495

Everything about the Future arc was wrong.

It could have been interesting if it had been reduced by like 80% and once they deal with it they go back to the normal time.
>>
>>137828698
Comedies are all about cliches, man.
>>
>>137816085
>>137816641
>>137822645
Comedy is just hard to sell in Japan, its why so many series had to switch formulas and also why some comedies just don't sell even if they are actually funny.
>>
File: chrome dokuro.jpg (51KB, 225x640px) Image search: [Google]
chrome dokuro.jpg
51KB, 225x640px
>>137828246
Have you seen the waifu's it had? They may have been useless but you can't deny cuteness.
>>
File: Gowadera.full.328463.jpg (843KB, 1000x989px) Image search: [Google]
Gowadera.full.328463.jpg
843KB, 1000x989px
>>137828246
The art was really good. I certainly hope nobody watched the anime aside from its OP/EDs.
>>
>>137832515
Yeah, but Reborn and Medaka Box were shitty comedy series to begin with.
Gintama and Beelzebub on the other side could have been much better as just comedy manga.
>>
I just can't believe how good the Varia Arc was then how terrible the Future Arc was.
>>
Nigga u best be trolling BC khr was one of the worst pieces of trash I've read in my childhood.
>>
Boys and Girls>Dive to world>Easy Go>Listen to the Stereo>88>Funny Sunny Day>Drawing Days>Last Cross

They're all good though.
>>
>>137815443
What the fuck was this shit about again? It was one of the most forgettable manga I have come across.
>>
>>137832853
It's WSJ, 96% chance of failure if it's not battle manga.
>>
>>137832996
Put Drawing Days a bit higher up and I'd agree.
>>
>>137832996
>Last Cross at bottom
>Funny Shitty Doesn't Funny better than any thing
>>
>>137832996
The only songs I still listen to are Easy Go and Sakura Addiction. Forgot about the rest.
>>
>>137832996
>Funny Sunny Day
Literally one of the worst song I've ever listened to.
>>
Why Tsuna would pick Kyoko over Haru amazes me.
>>
>>137818447
As an east asian male with fujo and straight female weeb friends, I can safely say the only fujo pairing ever popular in Naruto is SasukexNaruto. The series closed everything with canon pairing so fans and even fujos eventually changed their ship worship to the canon ones.

KHR on the other hand has no romantic canon whatsoever, leaving the fujos wild over their MukuroxHibari, YamamotoxTsuna, or whatever slash they can come up with Tsuna as the bottom.
Females, except for Chrome, are just third grade filler roles in that ambiguously gay mafia brotherhood.
>>
File: 017.jpg (294KB, 890x1284px) Image search: [Google]
017.jpg
294KB, 890x1284px
Remember when they had motorcycles that they spent a chapter on learning how to use, with emphasis on how important they were to the upcoming battle? And then how they almost immediately dropped them in favor of flying?

That's post-Varia Reborn for you, Amano kept introducing gimmicky power-ups that become obsolete after one battle, or maybe even less than one.

Also the art went to shit, Amano went way overboard on adding effects into every character's attacks, it's a mess of lines and toner.
>>
>>137833017
Nigga, their battle shonen are axed just as often.
And battle shonen is the most monopolized genre too, usually no more than 5 BS manage to survive on Jump, and since the successful series can run for several years, the new ones are trashed without ever having a chance.
>>
>>137823858
>probably the second strongest guardian after Hibari
>tanks hits from incredibly strong fighters and anybody worth his salt could take dynamite explosions without a problem at this point
>knocked out by running into a wall
>>
>>137833241
I guess them always running for so long gives the wrong impression.

It's all the same shit, though.
>>
>>137832996
Dive to World > Easy Go = Last Cross > Sakura Addiction = Listen to the Stereo > everything else >Funny Sunny Day
>>
File: X_-Burner.png (485KB, 1262x710px) Image search: [Google]
X_-Burner.png
485KB, 1262x710px
I recently reread it from the middle of the Future Arc for some reason. It holds out a bit better when you marathon it, but good god the power creep is horrible, and Tsuna doesn't develop as a character enough. Mad sexy in HDW form though.

I did enjoy how the battle scenes were done, and X Burner remains one of my favorite shonenshit attacks based on how Tsuna had to actually train to balance the flames, and it made sense. But as a whole the series was pretty mediocre.
>>
>>137833172
Why Kyoko and Haru would pick Tsuna amazes me.
>>
>The only character to have a canon relationship is the boxer "EXTREME" guy
>>
File: Haru-Kyoko.jpg (99KB, 640x437px) Image search: [Google]
Haru-Kyoko.jpg
99KB, 640x437px
>>137832996
>Drawing Days
>that low
Off yourself.
>>
>>137833394
Haru is just crazy, remember that she wanted to fuck a physical 1 year old in her first appearance. Kyoko doesn't even show any signs of liking Tsuna until the last chapter, at which point he's admittingly done a lot of impressive things in HDW mode.
>>
File: 003.png (454KB, 822x1200px) Image search: [Google]
003.png
454KB, 822x1200px
Was this page redrawn in the tank?
>>
>>137815443
let's not
>>
>>137815443
I will never forget Gokudera saying JYUUDAIME
>>
>>137815443
Get this Fairy Tail-tier shit outta here
>>
>>137832578
She was properly delegated to cooking assistant after Mukuro escaped. I was happy because it shut down those "Chrome is as good as Mukuro" faggots. She was nothing but a figurehead to be possesed.
>>
>Relatable MC
Are you someone who literally cannot talk to people or perform any action efficiently?
>Comedy into Action
The power scale flew up way too high after the Varia, they were the only good balanced arc with a clear objective, and a good twist.

All the other arcs struggled with action, and comedy imo.

>Nothing too convuluted
That's because it was the same formula every time
>They get rings
>Enemies get stronger rings
>Protagonist and friends get stronger rings
>New enemy with stronger rings.

Not to mention it applied so hard to fujoshits, anime was complete crap, and they referred to the past way too fucking much.

Also Tsuna literally didn't change, as shown at the end.

An arc with future Tsuna or flash backs would've been amazing.
>>
>>137833157
I SAW THE SUNSET IN THE EASH!
>>
>>137833185
>I can safely say the only fujo pairing ever popular
it was the most prominent. It was leagues above everything else. But that doesn't mean it's the only thing popular.

They're just closer in popularity with KHR so that's why you don't notice it. But Naruto was rather notorious for it.
>>
>no spin off for the original first jewdankman
>>
>>137815443
Comedy to action transition was okay.
Anime had a few decent themes.
Future arc was the high point, it turned to shit after that.
>>
>>137837673
When will giotto get the spin off he deserves? When will we get to see the first gen stand in wrinkled clothing and fight too?
>>
>>137817039
This. The only good things to come out of the Future arc were the other six Dying Will Flames, and the Vongola Boxes that looked like the First Guardians' weapons.
>>
I like the soundtrack of the games.
>>
Tsuna was an interesting MC at first, pathetic MCs that have to grow into heroes in battleshounen are not that common.

However at some point Tsuna's development froze or even reversed. Even the Tsunabowl was abandoned.

Also Kyoko is the blandest girl character I have ever seen. Chrome a best, Haru a meh.
>>
>Shit P
>>
So who do you think won the Tsunabowl?
>>
>>137838412
Longchamp
>>
File: bermuda_von_vichtenstein.jpg (152KB, 770x1038px) Image search: [Google]
bermuda_von_vichtenstein.jpg
152KB, 770x1038px
>>137838361
>Shit P
Completely forgot about this. There were a handful of things in this series that made me laugh that wasn't even supose to be comedic. Pic related is another.
>>
>>137838412

Gokudera
>>
the idea about making the loser mc to a mafia boss was not bad but tsuna never change and even in the end he was still the same since chapter 1
>>
How is her other work? Eldeive or something?
>>
File: heh.png (31KB, 403x324px) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
31KB, 403x324px
>>137832996
Objectively it goes:

Easy Go > Boys and Girls > 88 > Listen to the Stereo > Dive to World > Funny Sunny Day > Last Cross = Drawing Days
>>
Haru is best girl in Reborn! You can accept this as a fact or be a faggot. Choose wisely now.
>>
>>137838553
From the summary on Mangareader, it sounds boring as fuck. And the fact that there's only three chapters proves it.
>>
>>137838482
dank name
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.