[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Between Clannad, Angel Beats, AnoHana, and Your Lie In April,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

Between Clannad, Angel Beats, AnoHana, and Your Lie In April, which is the saddest? Include reasons too
>>
Is this some sort of joke? Clannad wins this in a landslide.
>>
Angel beats was sad?
>>
>>137624007
AnoHana got to me.
Otherwise I have a stone heart, Your Lie In April didn't get to me, neither did Angel Beats. CLANNAD did, but I was much younger then.
>>
Narcissu
>>
>>137624007
>Angel Beats
>Sad
It really isn't.
>>
kanon.
>>
File: Mio14.gif (498KB, 490x270px) Image search: [Google]
Mio14.gif
498KB, 490x270px
>>137624007
I sobbed like a bitch on clannad when he was remembering his wife when his daughter asked what she was like and he started crying.

Like fuck, I don't know why
>>
File: ....png (122KB, 513x422px) Image search: [Google]
....png
122KB, 513x422px
>>137624007
Angel Beats wasn't sad, Clannad (after story) was ok until they kill out of nowhere Ushio and retcon into a magic ending to make everyone happy, AnoHana was annoying and mediocre most of the time, and I haven't seen Your Lie in April.
If I had to choose between these I would say Clannad only for that episode about MC father.
>>
>>137627397
>was ok until they kill out of nowhere Ushio and retcon into a magic ending to make everyone happy,

Play the game if you want to understand shit

Nagisa's life was rooted to the town and shit, ever since her father made some contract with the town when she was dying as a child. Ushio inherited this shit. The town was sick and lifeless, everyone was disconnected and depressed, which is why she was sickly. The stuff about collecting happiness orbs to save the town by making everyone happy, in exchange for one miracle was there from the start.

KEY stories always have some magic elements. The first route you're supposed to go down in the game involves a kid who was turned into a cat, and maybe he was a cat from the start or something. Even in the anime it was there from the start, but the game makes you work for it, so there's no confusion.
>>
>>137627529
I tried playing it a few years back, barely finished the common route, its just too long. The anime had good pacing, you don't need to invest 300 hours.
>>
File: shigatsu-wa-kimi-no-uso.jpg (184KB, 2046x1153px) Image search: [Google]
shigatsu-wa-kimi-no-uso.jpg
184KB, 2046x1153px
>>137624007
>Being her
>Only plays violin 2 times (3 if you count the last episode)

Fuck you.
>>
>>137627661
Absolutely this.
The music was really nice, but I wanted to hear more fucking violin, not MC cucking himself.
>>
AnoHana.
watched it all back to back,
havent watched it since.
>>
>>137624007
I haven't seen the others yet but Your Lie In April wasn't sad at all due to how cheesy the sad parts were. i watched it for the piano believe it or not
>>
>>137624007
How is this even a question

Clannad of course
>>
Clannad was very sad but had 30 episodes of terribly boring shit first
Angel Beats was kind of sad but only really at the end. Plus the road to get there was poorly paced
AnoHana wasn't quite as sad because it was more about getting over the tragedy than the tragedy actually happening.
Your Lie In April kind of cheated by having such great music.

Personally I guess Clannad got to me the most. My favorite of them all is AnoHana though.
>>
>>137627969
The end is what ruined it for me.
It made no sense whatsoever.
>>
>>137628057
end of Angel Beats*
>>
Why do people like "muh feels ;__;"?
>>
plastic memories
>>
>>137624007
If you pick Angel Beats, you're stupid and have shit taste. The tragedy in Angel Beats is largely alien and unrelateable, it requires that you develop sympathy for characters that have virtually no actual screen time, characterization or development, and draws out your tears by playing a sad sound track to some visual queues that you're supposed to cry even though there's no reason to.

Go ahead and pick any of the others. I might not agree with you but I won't judge you. If you pick Angel Beats you are wrong and bad.
>>
>>137628119
Being sad is nice I guess

>>137628146
The only thing sad about Plastic Memories is how poorly done every episode except the first and last were
>>
>>137628119
it lets us pretend we are human
>>
>>137628163
>kids dying is alien and unrelatable
>>
File: 1422844782678.jpg (80KB, 1080x1110px) Image search: [Google]
1422844782678.jpg
80KB, 1080x1110px
>>137624007
>Your Lie In April
Why would you unironically like (and feel for) the anime equivalent of a John Green novel?
>>
>>137628164
I agree with your opinions about episode qualities of Plastic Memories, but I think character development was nice enough to get the feeling. Made me sad actually sometimes.
>>
>>137628199

Pretty much
>>
They all made me pretty sad. Tragedy is easily my favorite genre.

I guess I'm just a weak fag after all
>>
AnoHana because of how bad it was.
>>
>>137624007
clannad of course..
It's a bit embarrassing to admit this.. but I literally lost myself when mc went to meet his father with his daughter.. and we'll you know the rest.. I guess you could say I have daddy issues..
>>
>>137627397
>If I had to choose between these I would say Clannad only for that episode about MC father.
This. A lot of people mention some of the other scenes more popular scene from clannad but this scene felt the most genuine, the most real, and the most heartfelt. A really great scene that made the show a 10/10 for me (although it was only the 20th or so show I had seen at the time).
>>
Clannad > Angel Beats >>> Anohana > Lies in April.

Clannad is my favourite anime, so that's about it.
Angel Beats has flaws, but it delivered feels to me.
Anohana was slow and boring, but last scene was good.
Lies in April just is not for me, every character just pissed me off. Music was good tho.
>>
>>137629589
That's some pretty shit opinions
>>
>>137624007
I haven't watched Clannad.
Angel Beats didn't make me cry, and made no lasting impression on me.
AnoHana was pretty sad, but that stupid plothole ruined a lot.
Your Lie In April was also sad, and had no stupid plot hole.

I'm tempted to say Your Lie In April, because it was the superior anime, but I can't remember my reaction to AnoHana well enough. I only remember the plot hole.
>>
>>137629698
>I haven't watched Clannad.

You spent nearly 50 episodes watching anime that was trash from the start instead of watching Clannad?
>>
>>137629721
I'm working my way through Kyoani's anime, but I want to finish Kanon before I start Clannad. And Kanon sucks so it's taking me a long time to finish.

And I watced AnoHana as a seasonal so that doesn't count.
And Your Lie was really enjoyable for the most part. Far better characters than Kanon, at least.
I worry Clannad is too similar to Kanon.
>>
>>137629721
Why did he have to? Let him fucking watch what he want.
>>
>>137629769
If you don't like it just drop it
>>
>>137624007
Your life.
>>
>>137629848
>liking slow paced forced drama
>>
>>137627596
That's the problem, they reduce the story into a stub and leave out important parts that would explain the plot properly. I really wouldn't blame studios for adapting VNs incorrectly, because it's rather impossible, so there must be compromises, but it makes VN adaptations almost always a complete mockery of the source material and then hearing people complain about x being shit and not making sense while it actually makes absolutely sense and fits perfectly, but it just wasn't explained at all and that is rather frustrating.
>>
This thread is full of absolute cancer.
>>
>>137630361
This.
>>
>>137624007
>angel beats
>shigatsu
>anohana
>sad
Is this some kind of bait?
>>
>>137628119
A matter of taste I guess
>>
>>137628163
>it requires that you develop sympathy for characters that have virtually no actual screen time, characterization or development
The only character you're supposed to feel sad for is the MC, because he's stuck in purgatory unable to move on until every other human ever does first.

It's really not sad because he'll be with his waifu eventually. It's a crummy ending because Tenshi being his little sister would have been a much better plot.
>>
File: forcedrama.jpg (287KB, 1831x458px) Image search: [Google]
forcedrama.jpg
287KB, 1831x458px
>>
File: 1368096468.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1368096468.gif
1MB, 320x180px
> Clannad

Only sad if you're a fucking autist, that shit was as cringy as it was laughable

> Angel Beats

I couldn't take the premise seriously, I dropped it by episode 2.

> AnoHana

Pretty good, but it felt a little forced, and the ending a bit ridiculous.

> YLIA

Spectacular ending for an otherwise dreary, uninspired show.

I can't say what is the saddest, because none of them fucking pull off tragedy correctly. There's never any subtlety, and (especially in YLIA's case) you can tell what's going to happen ~ 3 episodes in, and often when it isn't it feels so forced you can't take it seriously.

None of them are remotely GENUINELY sad.

>/a/'s fw
>>
Forced teenage drama can never compare to the sadness of my heart
>>
Charlotte
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.