[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every single time I rewatch this episode I get the chills. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

Every single time I rewatch this episode I get the chills.

How is Hibike so fucking good? Every time I rewatch any episode I fall in love with the series again, S2 can't come soon enough.

Why haven't you watched it?
>>
I dont watch yurishit.
>>
>>137621503
It's fucking trash.
>>
>>137622088
You're trash.
>>
>>137621503
I have and I loved it, though it could have made the yuri pandering more subtle/less artificial given that it gave the impression that it was made to boost sales rather than being actually part of the story.
>>
Highly overrated series
7/10 at best
>>
>>137623252
7/10 is actually a great score for a seasonal. But yeah, Hibike was AOTS Spring 2014.
>>
File: 12.webm (2MB, 1100x800px) Image search: [Google]
12.webm
2MB, 1100x800px
Like potery
>>
>>137623199
change your yuri goggles with FRIENDSHIP goggles. There's nothing wrong with thinking someone is hot when you're just friends.
>>
>>137621503
You probably shouldn't say any series is extremely good on here, well unless you want people downing your opinion.

I honestly think Hyouka is a masterpiece, from a production point of view, it's probably one of the best looking tv series of all time. To the story, in which they actually worked with a novelist. Anyone who says they thought the mystery was boring never ever reading fucking mystery in the first place, they were incredibly fresh. I don't know why people were expecting yet another murder mystery.
>>
>>137623379
I have yuri goggles but they don't malfunction too often, and they only work when it's obvious that there's actual hints of yuri (regardless if it's subtext or canon). Though I come from a country where close relationships with girl don't necessarily equate to lesbianism so my default mode is "they're just really close friends".
>>
>>137623318
>Spring 2014.
>>
2nd year euphonium senpai a best.
>>
>>137623515
My apologies, I messed up.
>>
I mean it is a decent show but I feel /a/ hypes it up more than it should. The only reason you guys play this shit up is the cute girls and nothing more.

This show wouldn't be half as popular if the genders were reversed.
>>
>>137623632
It would be even more popular, unless they included the homosexual overtones.
>>
>>137621503
Too much forced animation.
>>
>>137621503
youre doing it wrong, this is a teenagers message board, you're only allowed to post about how you hate things and hate other fans.
>>
>>137623738
Building the atmosphere and enhancing immersion with attention to detail isn't "forced animation".
>>
File: 1435437297631.jpg (338KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1435437297631.jpg
338KB, 1280x720px
>>137621503
Fuck the haters. I actually rewatched some of it on a whim last night after showing the first ep to a friend that was over. Great characterization and visuals, and definitely my AOTS.

You should definitely watch it if you've ever been involved in music, whether in a group or not, whether you're a player or a listener.
>>
>>137623715
I chuckled. You honestly believing this is amazing to me. Take away the cute girls, the forced yuri crap, the shitty filters and the melodrama......you gotta very average show with very little redeeming qualities. The sound is the only thing worth mentioning about it.
>>
>>137623318
It's on par with Kekkai Sensen
>>
>>137623880
its better than your favorite anime
>>
>>137623880
No, you have a fantastic story about a person coming to terms with their talents and expectations, complete with well rounded characters and fantastic visual direction.
>>
All memes aside, I have no idea why people like this so much.

It's definitely not bad or mediocre, but it's just so standard it doesn't really stand out if not for the yuri and teacher bs.
Nothing about it is really exceptional or new.
>>
>>137623886
Honestly KS bored me to death and I dropped it in episode 1. It had been half the episode and I didn't know anything about the main character even, much less the world. Same happened with Dimension W. If I don't care about the characters, the story means jack shit to me.
>>
it would be improved tenfold if it was about an orchestra instead
>>
>>137623968
I don't think it does anything amazingly new, but I think it does what it does very well.
>>
>>137623348
I never noticed she was hiking up her skirt in the first one. What a little slut.
>>
>>137623985
>Dropped episode 1

Not even half the cast was introduced.
Anyway, it's pretty comparable to xmen meets men in black with godlike ost. It's by Trigun author.
>>
>>137623959
>>137623967

Thanks for the laugh anons.
>>
>>137623968
Because it's basically ping pong the animation but with music and yuri and done by kyoani. That's literally the only reason it's popular
>>
File: 1449382319441.png (131KB, 422x508px) Image search: [Google]
1449382319441.png
131KB, 422x508px
>>137624077
>I don't have an argument
Here, have a rare Kumiko for your participation
>>
>>137624115
That's no Kumiko
>>
>>137624103
that's insulting to ping pong
>>
>>137624103
I don't completely agree with that, but yes.
It's pretty much every sports anime trope but done by kyoani
>>
>>137623886
Well, I had put KS above UFO during the start of the season but Kekkai was inconsistent in terms of quality and some episodes were quite boring. UFO was consistent from start to finish and featured many interesting characters.
>>
>>137624181
Do crossover memes qualify as rare?
>>
>>137624103

Comparing a masterpiece to this shit. You got some nerve.
>>
>>137624227
Like I said it's literally american comics done by japan so that's to be expected, but ufo wasn't consistently great it was only consistently good. It can be said about pretty much every anime, but ufo is super predictable. Characters had a good dynamic together, but they weren't particularly interesting themselves.
>>
File: DragonBTFOKong.webm (964KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
DragonBTFOKong.webm
964KB, 640x352px
>>137624218
>>137624250
Ping Pong is no masterpiece either.
It's just an extremely well done sports anime
>>
I can't decide whether to rewatch it now or wait until just before S2 to rewatch it
>>
>>137623968
The characters are unusually well written, the plot is reasonably realistic and not over the top, the show looks amazing and the music is pretty great

It's not perfect, but it has a lot going for it
>>
>>137624115

novelanon use your trip you dotafag.
>>
>>137624813
I'm not novelanon but I am a dotafag.
>>
Level with me. Is FFF going to finish a BD batch before the recap movie or season 2?
>>
>>137624791
>characters
>well written
ADOLESCENCE
>>
File: 1433889235723.jpg (17KB, 323x363px) Image search: [Google]
1433889235723.jpg
17KB, 323x363px
>>137624472
Ping Pong had a clear message:
"If you have the natural talent to be great at something, you owe it to yourself to try your hardest.
But regardless of whether or not you have talent, you should play the sport to have fun and enjoy it."

Euphonium was more about the first part of that than the second. In Ping Pong there was only one winner,
but all the other players who lost still felt equally fulfilled for having played worthy opponents.
In Euphonium, had they lost at the end, everyone would be sad and cry and Reina might have
committed Seppuku.
>>
>>137624241
Nope.
>>
>>137624966
I mean, anime doesn't exactly have a high bar for well written characters. Especially in a school setting.
>>
>>137625013
You seem to be confusing your admiration of cute girls trying to fuck each other with actual writing quality.
>>
>>137625067
You seem to be confusing memes with reality
>>
I was following it when it first came out but i dropped it episode 6, sorry OP I didn't find it as enjoyable as you did ):
>>
>>137625092
There's nothing "unusually well written" about it, unless all you watch and read is garbage.

The characters are all just standard archetypes and cliches for the competition club series and the only people who think this does anything new or interesting are people who fap over everything Kyoani does or have never watched a sports/competition series in their life.
>>
>>137625263
>The characters are all just standard archetypes and cliches
What specific characters fall into what archetypes?
>>
>>137624979
I loved ping pong.
>>
>>137623379
Yeah, right. I tell all my hot friends they are hot.
>>
>>137625567

i dont think she meant hot that way tho
>>
>>137625263
>>137625315
I'm waiting anon.
>>
>>137625263
If you want to call most of anime garbage then sure
>>
>>137621503
I dont watch kyoani trash
>>
>>137626455
Not him, but I wouldn't consider Hibike's characters better-written than most of the pure copy-paste archetype ones we see.
>>
>>137626536
Why not? Nearly every major character in the show has an effective character arc and all of them have a distinct personality that doesn't seems to fall specifically into any give archetype. Why do you think they aren't well written?
>>
>>137624103
>basically Ping Pong the animation
Only in the loosest sense. Ping Pong has about as much in common with Euphonium as it does with Touch.
>>
Best girl.
>>
>>137626605
> all of them have a distinct personality that doesn't seems to fall specifically into any give archetype
This is irrelevant to me. I know some people are tired of the archetypes or whatever, but I enjoy them well enough for an average show and don't think breaking out of them is itself worth celebrating. The point of my comparison was that Euphonium's characters weren't any more engaging than the average character - they have very basic, common concerns and motivations that didn't feel like they were communicated or expressed exceptionally enough to make them really stand out. Kumiko's sounds and faces were fun, for sure, but that's sort of separate from the drama/development (and also the million comparisons people made to Watashi grated a bit, because Watashi was way more fun). Nothing about the rest really made me particularly want to watch or sympathize with those characters above others.
>>
>>137623824
>forcing yourself to reply to a forced post made by a forced anon trying to force his garbage down our throats
You could just, you know, ignore the poor sod, et voila.
>>
>>137627004
>they have very basic, common concerns and motivations that didn't feel like they were communicated or expressed exceptionally enough to make them really stand out
What do you mean by this? What is a "basic, common concern?" Is contemplating your future and how you want to approach life really all that basic? Common sure, but I would argue that all real issues tend to be common on some level.
As far as communication, how did it fail? Or alternatively, how do you think it could have been done better? Or perhaps offer show that handled similar issues better?

>Kumiko's sounds and faces were fun, for sure, but that's sort of separate from the drama/development
How so? Surely a characters actions and reactions are part of how they're developed no?
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.