[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OW MY BRAIN is this shit 2DEEP4ME or is evangelion literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: shQq7.png (621KB, 1153x634px) Image search: [Google]
shQq7.png
621KB, 1153x634px
OW MY BRAIN

is this shit 2DEEP4ME or is evangelion literally nonsense written by a high as fuck jap on mushrooms?
>>
Rewatch it
And read the subs, it help sometimes
>>
It's just a bunch of religious references without any deep meaning.
>>
>>137556178
Little bit of both.
>>
File: a new poster.png (157KB, 800x3000px) Image search: [Google]
a new poster.png
157KB, 800x3000px
Congratulations on your first day posting on /a/
>>
>>137556207
I've been here since like 2007 I just never watched Evangelion before for some reason until this week
>>
Shittaste
>>
>>137556226
>I've been here since 2007 but I've avoided watching one of the most famous series and avoided spoilers for 9 years

Yeah this is really believable
>>
>>137556197
I honestly don't think I can...
>>
>>137556239
I mean what is there to even spoil with evangelion to someone who hasn't watched it before? There is no major twist revealed and I always kind of avoided eva threads.
>>
>>137556249
Do it
>>
It's not 2deep4u, it's not nonsense, you're just an idiot.
>>
>>137556319
thanks bro, you're awesome!!!
>>
Maybe reading the manga will clear things up for you. It's spelled out more clearly what happened.
>>
He just need to rewatch it, no to read the average Manga
>>
>>137556178
it's not that deep and it's not really hard to understand
OP maybe your just retarted
>>
Don't let the religious imagery confuse you. It's not there for symbolic reasons, just because it looks cool and mystical to Japs. If you have a specific question, you can just google it.
>>
Congratulations
>>
>>137556178
What exactly did you not understand, Anon?
>>
>>137556683
The ending of the anime, the movie, the deal with rei, lilith, adam, and why shinji was choking out auska.
>>
Bump while I write up the explanation
>>
File: ughvyj.jpg (188KB, 1052x750px) Image search: [Google]
ughvyj.jpg
188KB, 1052x750px
>>
https://youtu.be/Ho07Ag6lV9g
>>
>>137556979
god bless
>>
>>137556709
Why did Shinji have to rub one out next to comatose Asuka? Kids just do stuff like that. Like you never choked out a bitch because you had a bad day.
>>
>>137556709
>The ending of the anime
That's the only part I can't help you with since I didn't get it either, sorry. Google is your friend.
>The deal with Rei
Rei is a clone of Shinji's mother, Yui. Well, her body is, at least. Her soul is that of Lilith, which is why she shows hardly any emotion.
>Lilith and Adam
Lilith and Adam are aliens. Their race has sent eggs into space, each one containing one alien and one of the things that NERV calls 'Lance of Longinus'. These lances come in play on the off chance that two eggs land on the same planet, which is an undesirable outcome. Adam was the first to arrive on earth, and is the progenitor of the Angels, bearing the fruit of life, granting his offspring enormous strength and size. Lilith, who is the progenitor of the humans, arrived second, bearing the fruit if wisdom. Now, normally, Lilith's lance would have activated and impaled her, seeing as she came second to earth, but the lance broke on impact and thus, Adam got impaled instead, and sealed away. Mankind thrived while the angels slumbered.
Things started going south, however, when Adam was discovered and the second impact was triggered. This is all due to a certain plan which I will explain later.
>and why shinji was choking asuka
Because he is one fucked up kid. Pent up frustration and psychological trauma, which all characters in Eva suffer from to some degree, do things to people.
>the movie
Alright, there's an organization called Seele that orders Gendo, right? They have a plan called the Human Instrumentality Project. The gist of that plan is to end all human suffering by re-uniting them into their original form, which is LCL. That's the stuff in the Evangelion Units. Which is essentially primordial soup. To do this, they need to trigger the third impact. I don't remember exactly how this works but it has something to do with Unit 01, which is a clone of Lilith, being pierced by Longinus. Running out of space now, for the rest, read the manga.
>>
Glad someone made the thread. I have a question too, does everyone fucking die at the end of EoE?
>>
>>137556178

Even with on the nose exposition in the movie, people ask dumbass questions.
>>
>>137556683
>What exactly did you not understand, Anon?
Not that guy, but I've been through TV series, EoE, Manga, Rebuilt, eva circlejerk thread, and EvaGeeks. But, i still don't understand shit.

So, can you explain to me about:
>Adam fetus version & giant version
>Black moon (rebuilt, because it doesn't look like moon at all)
>The function of Tree of Life
>Nebucadnezzar's Key (Rebuilt)
>Spear of Cassius (Rebuilt)
>What is different between Gendo's H.I.P plan and Seele's H.I.P plan?
>>
>>137557105
It's kinda weird that I didn't know so many things about eva
>>
You're coming at it from the wrong angle
Try watching every Bergman film between Smultronstället and Viskningar och rop
>>
>>137558147
bullshit, all that matters is persona and scenes from a marriage
>>
>>137557592
Instrumentality is ego death, not literal death. Everyone has been turned into one gigantic consciousness, with the option to return to their own individual self if they so choose.
>>
File: 1455333940873.jpg (22KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1455333940873.jpg
22KB, 500x373px
>>137556709
>>137557105
according to some guy the choking part was supposed to be Anno's take on Hegel's discussion about self-consciousness.
>Shinji renounced the world where all hearts had melted into one and accepted each other unconditionally.
>is desire… to live with ‘others’ — other hearts that would sometimes reject him, even deny him.
>That is why the first thing he did after coming to his senses was to place his hands around Asuka’s neck. To feel the existence of an ‘other’. To confirm (make sure of) rejection and denial

"When a consciousness becomes aware and meets another consciousness the two consciousness have to fight to the death to prove their existence by negating the other but the winner has to stop before killing the loser otherwise they loss their proof."

Also third impact is started by uniting Adam and Lilith which was prevented by the spears -> Adam's embryo was given to Rei and then Rei went to Lilith and merged them thus Rei becoming the godlike creature and starting the instrumentality. The point here is that merging merging lilith and adam would result in a being as powerful as the ancestral race that created them, that's why they put spears there to prevent that from happening.

>>137557592
a rough explanation would be that they lost their bodies due the giant anti-AT field and all their souls combined
>>
>>137556178
I wonder what it's like to watch EoE on shrooms
>>
>>137556178
Are there people who unironically don't understand EoE or is it just a meme?

>>137556266
>what is there to even spoil with evangelion

Anything explaining the characters mindset or plot details you fucktard.
>>
>>137557776
Adam as fetus is him depowered; the depowering is what caused second impact. Becomes a giant when he powers up again to decide how life on Earth will continue.

Gendo's instrumentality is about getting his wife back, SEELE's is about making a god out of humans (either themselves alone or everyone, canon differs). In the end Lilith (Rei) takes over and gives the decision to Shinji.

The rest are really just obscure references to give a feel of cosmic mystery.
>>
>>137556178
I bet you have a STEM degree
>>
>>137556239
I did too

t. Been here for a decade (fuck)
>>
>>137557776
>>137557776
The rebuild stuff isn't really capable of being explained yet. Rebuild isn't even finished yet, so no one can truly answer it.

Gendo just wants to be one with Yui, at eachothers sides seperately, he doesn't care what happens to everyone else. Seele want to merge their souls all into Unit-01 as one super being with unlimited power.
>>
>>137561256
>t.
Sure you were, crossboarding scum
>>
>>137556178
There's a culture barrier. You wouldn't understand it unless you're a Japanese teenager in the 90s.
>>
File: 234543523643.gif (497KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
234543523643.gif
497KB, 500x376px
>>137563947
Remember to always rewatch EoE whenever feeling depressed, inebriated or alone.
>>
File: -.png (175KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
-.png
175KB, 400x300px
I just got done watching it too. I didn't see EoE yet but I have a few questions.

I want it to sink in for awhile before I watch EoE otherwise I feel like it'll forever be lost on me. So from my understanding in episodes 25 and 26 everyone had died, correct? It showed Misato shot and the other chick floating in the angel cum shit (at least I think its angel cum) and I assume Shinji's dad murdered them for... I don't know, to start the instrumentation thing? If so what a weird way to segway into the climax.

I'm just going to assume EoE shows what happened before and possibly after as its called EoE (I only know a few details like Shinji jacking it to Asuka, giant Rei and Shinji strangling Asuka and that kick ass song. Otherwise I know nothing.)

So anyway WAS that Misato, Asuka, Rei, cool glasses kid and strong muh sister kid? Or was just that Shinji's thoughts? I think both... but it's so bizzare and if so were they congratulating Shinji for finally realizing being a whiny bitch is a shit way to live?

That ending was so weird. I've never experienced anything like it. It was so trippy, unconventional and awesome. At first I was like what the fuck is this shit but as I've sat on it for a few hours it's really growing on me. I'm not going to see EoE for another 12 hours or so to let the last two episodes sink in. I do feel like it's not a conclusion which once again is why I assume EoE exists.

Without spoiling EoE can you say I'm close or completely off?
>>
>>137564563
>from my understanding in episodes 25 and 26 everyone had died, correct?
25 and 26 are basically happening in Shinji's head, EoE is an alternative 25+26 episodes as it shows what's actually going on in the "real world", so watch that to get the ending of the story
>>
>>137564563
Not close, not actually wrong.
>>
File: -.png (368KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
-.png
368KB, 640x480px
>>137564712
So with the human instrumention thing they are able to all coexist inside one body and Shinji was chosen for that for whatever reason? Or am I way off now? And as for Gendo's motives it's something to do with coming back to Yui but I've yet to really think about that.

One last thing... Did Asuka attempt suicide? I think she did because of how she was in the bath and now she's comatose and depression can't do that shit to you no matter how hard you got it (I think) but once again I might be misinterpreting things.

>>137564771
I see. This is why I don't want to watch EoE just yet because I feel like there's enough to think about with these episodes alone. This is one of the few times in anime where open to interpretation was done extremely, extremely well. I'm glad whoever wrote this respected his viewers enough to let us come to our own conclusions and didn't just scream out everything.

While typing this I thought about Kaji's death again. For the first few minutes I assumed Misato killed him because she was just given a gun and the next scene he was shot but then I noticed I completely misinterpreted that. So was it just a hitman? And he obviously knew his fate after rescuing the old man.

And finally was Misato making a sexual advance on Shinji when she grabbed his hand or a sisterly approach? It seemed sexual to me and she was completely fucked up in the head at that point.
>>
>>137565545
Just go watch (or wait if you want) but get out of here and stop dancing around spoiler territory. You might deprive yourself of one of, if not the apex experience of an anime fan. This is the big one, watch it for yourself and let it sink in. No matter how much you think you understand or have it exlained right now, after EoE you WILL have questions and will want to talk about the show, it's just how it works.

So I'd recommend you get the fuck out of here as soons as possible and go watch the damn movie. We will be here for you afterwards.
>>
So it's Sephirotic if you want the piss filter and 2D4U if you don't?
>>
>>137565545
>>137565545
>So with the human instrumention thing they are able to all coexist
yes, but

>inside one body and Shinji was chosen for that for whatever reason?
is wrong

>>137565545
>it's something to do with coming back to Yui
yes, he wants to be reunited with Yui

>>137565545
>Did Asuka attempt suicide?
no idea to be honest, never crossed my mind and don't remember reading anything about it.
What is for sure is that she had a mental breakdown after getting her mind fucked by that angel that made her remember her mother's suicide. After that she couldn't pilot the Eva again so they needed a replacement.

just go watch it and some things might become more clear
also it's human 'instrumentality' project
>>
It all makes sense when you read the shit Anno sent PS2 game developers that explain everything.

You couldn't actually figure it out in the series itself as he left out a lot of info so it's not an issue of being stupid
>>
>>137565545
>And finally was Misato making a sexual advance on Shinji
Okay, now I can't wait for you to see the movie.
>>
File: -.jpg (26KB, 479x356px) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
26KB, 479x356px
>>137565696
Okay. I'll leave this thread for now and will come back after I watched the movie. I'm glad this thread exists because I was able to flesh out a few of my thoughts through typing and discussing. I'm going to wait a little bit because like I said earlier I feel like if I watched it right away it'll all just mesh together and be completely confusing. This isn't a normal series and I shouldn't treat it as such. In fact I didn't binge watch it either and it took me about 3 weeks to watch it and I feel like that was for the best.

I will return to this thread once I'm done but if it's 404'd (Pretty high chance) I'll make a new one with the subject being as such, "Evangelion/EoE discussion thread" or something similar to that effect with the OP having a picture of the entire cast of characters.

>>137565714
Ah. I'm way off about my theory of Shinji being chosen by Gendo because he's the closet living thing to Yui then.

>>137565781
Oh boy.

Alright I'm going to leave this thread now. It was a nice discussion anons I'm sure after EoE I'm going to be even more confused so that's going to be fun.

Thanks for not spoiling.
>>
>>137566384
>. I'm glad this thread exists
it exists every day
>>
>>137565545
>didn't just scream out everything

It pretty much does, though.
>>
>>137556249
What are you, retarded? Did you not graduate past 5th grade?

Jesus christ faggot I watched this series when I was eight and understood it during its initial run, surely you can do it
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.