[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
I still don't understand how the Third...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 303
Thread images: 49
File: smokeythrill.jpg (123 KB, 678x345) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
smokeythrill.jpg
123 KB, 678x345
I still don't understand how the Third Impact would be a bad thing.

>No fears
>No loneliness
>Harmony

Literally whats bad about that?
>>
>>137541500
1. It's an excuse to not properly deal with your issues
2. It's possible to be happy despite having problems
>>
>>137541563
Ok say for someone like me who has no reason to live and is alone?
>>
How will humanity colonize space and become the new top species of the universe if we are Tang?
>>
>>137541608
Where you not paying attention? We all become one and become a top species
>>
>>137541590
If you think it's better than the alternative, sure
>>
>>137541590
Then it's better to just kill yourself.
>>
everyone dies honestly might be for the better
>>
>>137541691
Thats what im planning to do IRL
>>
>>137541500
The harmony that comes from the Third Impact isn't inherently bad; the problem is that the people were given no choice, and that some (Shinji) preferred their individuality.
>>
File: Cluster.png (222 KB, 336x475) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Cluster.png
222 KB, 336x475
The movie was a trip, but it doesn't explain anything, which I like, but it eats me up inside not being able to figure things out
>>
>>137541590
That's why he gave everybody a choice.
>>
>>137541668
Top species of one rock. Big woop. We could have had the universe.
>>
>>137541825
No he didn't. I was either return from the LCL or stay gone forever. He didn't allow everyone to become one
>>
>>137541725
Godspeed.
>>137541720
If you think death is the only goal in life then why not immediately jump off a bridge the instance you come to that realization?
>>
>>137541841
If 3rd impact happened we'd become the first ancestral race which is basically god.
>>
>>137541851
no, it was "stay in LCL" or "go to the real world"

so it wasn't "everyone becomes one", it was "everyone becomes one, minus two"
>>
>>137541763
>Evangelion is like a puzzle, you know. Any person can see it and give his/her own answer. In other words, we’re offering viewers to think by themselves, so that each person can imagine his/her own world. We will never offer the answers, even in the theatrical version. As for many Evangelion viewers, they may expect us to provide the ‘all-about Eva’ manuals, but there is no such thing. Don’t expect to get answers by someone. Don’t expect to be catered to all the time. We all have to find our own answers.
>>
>>137541500
That's cheating. Becoming one with the universe should be preceded by years of meditation.
>>
File: 1436055896395.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1436055896395.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>137541608
Don't drag all of the rest of us with you

>>137541608
This, imagine the things we could do with the power of the S2 engine at our disposal. We wouldn't need to become one, every man himself could be a god! To command the stars. That sounds like true ecstasy. Let the cowards waste in the great piss ocean and let those who are willing to claim themselves inherit the Earth. In the end I think that rejecting instrumentality was the most personally heroic thing Asuka and Shinji ever did.
>>
There's still hope that people will someday understand each other without having to be turned into soup and mixed up.
>>
>>137541500
>Literally whats bad about that?

No happiness.
>>
>>137541500
Why don't you just kill yourself? It's pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>137541725
Don't.
You'll lose out on Anno trolling you like there's no tomorrow with 3.0+1.0.
>>
>>137541874
No, we would stay a puddle of Tang. Puddles of Tang cannot into space. The basement dwellers within SEELE just wanted to stop being lonely.
>>
>>137541996
is 3.33 really that bad
>>
>>137541996
>3.0+1.0 will never be released during your life time
>>
>>137541986
Only if you believe in an afterlife
>>
File: 1455568960833.png (550 KB, 848x962) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1455568960833.png
550 KB, 848x962
>>137542026
It depends. Did you like 2.0?
>>
>>137542065
No. Not at all actually.
>>
>>137541908
Anno is such a damn buzzkill. Just because someone pissed in his ice cream growing up doesn't mean he should do the same to us
>>
>>137542079
Yeah, it was pretty cool
>>
>>137541590
You must have backlog though
>>
>>137542025
I think we would become the first angel + the 2nd angel i.e. the 1st ancestral race. That being said we don't need to merge into some lame ass magic cluster fuck.
>>
You don't actually exist. You all merge into one. Sadness and loneliness don't exist there no, but neither does happiness.

It's to teach us that pain is worth it if at some point we obtain happiness sometimes.
>>
File: 1403191281604.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1061) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1403191281604.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1061
Anno doesn't know either so IT MUST BE ESCAPISM! SO DEEP.

Good luck surviving in the future though.

Just enjoy the ride and stay away from waifu wars, just remember how Shinji ended after the waifu-lypse was over.
>>
>>137541590
Quit being so selfish.
>>
>>137542143
Finished it all
>>
Well the Earth was basically destroyed. Think of the animals.
>>
>>137542195
How is not wanting to live in a world where you do nothing but hurt people and be hurt by people selfish?
>>
>>137542278
so how exactly does that thinking not hurt someone else
>>
It's all subjective. I'm still upset it didn't happen.
>>
>>137542306
Because me being alive and alone doesn't change the fact that the world would not be different without me
>>
>>137542247
I've never thought of this, but how were Shinji and Asuka gonna survive after Third Impact when there's no food and water source?
>>
>>137542347
Do you not have a family of just think they don't care?
>>
>>137542366
how did the world survive after the Second Impact
>>
>>137542143
kek

>I'm gonna end it all
>oh shit I still haven't watched Ojou Titties no Yuusha 5
>>
>>137542381
They would. But they'd be better off if I were gone. They'd have no one to disappoint them and leech off of them and with time they'd be happy again.
>>
>>137541763
I love it when media has a "what the fuck did I just experience?" sort of ending like Tree of Life and Synecdoche, New York.
>>
>>137541725
Don't be a weenie. You can create a reason to live.

Hell, go on a "pilgrimage" to Japan and meet real otaku/anime creators.
>>
I hate /adv/-/r9k/ tier threads.
>>
>>137542532
this
atleast go wrestle a bear or some shit if you really want to die
>>
>>137541500
There tends to be nothing after everyone dies.
>>
>>137542278
You're enforcing your lame ass utilitarian metric on everyone. Some people prefer to play the game, just because you're bad at it doesn't mean other people don't get to play. What gives us happiness it success, discovery, love. To accept instrumentality is to voluntarily lose one's ability to have meaning.
>>
>>137542444
Yeah but
1) funerals are expensive
2) they'd have to go through all your weebshit
3) at least one of your family members will feel guilty about it
>>
>>137541857
Because I am letting nature take it's course.
>>
>>137542278
That's literally Shinji's thinking in the show, try paying attention to the answer the show offers to those questions and maybe someday you'll get to a CONGRATULATION ending irl
>>
>>137542617
>1) funerals are expensive

Already have my funeral planned out. No casket, no big production, natural burial.

>2) they'd have to go through all your weebshit
All my shit is neatly packed in the same place
>>
>>137542278
Because other people can put up with being hurt, whereas it seems impossible to a coward like you. And pain isn't inherently bad anyway, without it there would be no happiness.
>>
Independent thought and individual separation are our A.T fields.

Once you meet friends or loved ones who make you feel comfortable, so much so that you are willing to let your guard (A.T field) down, then you can become connected with people and feel real love.

Too much love turns you into tang doe.
>>
>>137542384
second impact was just a big fucking explosion in antarctica

third impact resulted in basically the rapture
>>
>>137542444
If you do care, don't fucking do it. Shit is gonna haunt them to death, doesn't matter how dissapointed your family is in you right now.
>>
>>137542713
>Because other people can put up with being hurt, whereas it seems impossible to a coward like you.

I have put up with hurt. But I've also hurt others and I don't feel the need to keep on living if this vicious cycle will be forever.
>>
>>137542710
>not just burning down your house with you inside
>>
If you're serious about wanting to kill yourself, don't. Just be a sadomasochist and keep on living even though it hurts and fap to it instead.
>>
>>137541590
>>137542195
>>137542278
>>137542713
>>137542753
THIS IS LITERALLY THE MAIN CONFLICT OF EVANGELION UNFOLDING BEFORE OUR EYES

REWATCH EPISODES 25 AND 26 YOU DUMMIES
>>
>>137542568
>tfw there are no wild bears in your country because they are all hunted down to extinction
>>
File: smug_rei_3.png (75 KB, 211x173) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
smug_rei_3.png
75 KB, 211x173
>>137542792
>>
>>137542787
Adding to that, I know the position you're in anon, but I've already knocked at death's door twice and still think that suffering is better than nothing. At least you can still feel and turn those feelings into fap material.
>>
>>137542792
but EoE is better
>>
>>137542753
You are underestimating others. You think you can put up with hurt but other people can't, so you are trying to play the sacrifical lamb and off yourself so everyone can be free from the sin that is your existence? Well, I've got news for you.
>>
>>137542792
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFQVZ2h0V8
>>
File: xD Banana.gif (243 KB, 469x469) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
xD Banana.gif
243 KB, 469x469
>>137542792
>Art imitates life
>And life imitates art
>>
>>137541500
>bernie sanders supporter detected
>>
>>137543025
Because I'm not as strong as everyone else
>>
>>137543072
literally better than the anime
>>
>>137543028
dammit you posted it too early

>>137543041
>>137542792
I always see this happening on /a/ and /m/ just a few days ago some guys were spouting some heated ideological debate over something about a show, shit gets meta on here sometimes
>>
File: Switcheroo.png (592 KB, 1259x1205) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Switcheroo.png
592 KB, 1259x1205
>>137543116
Holy hell I guess Anno did have deep characters after all
>>
>>137542366
Theoretically they could just drink from the ocean of human soup and get everything they need to survive out of that.
>>
>>137542532
Killing yourself is a stronger choice than staying alive
>>
>>137543072
That's simply what you've made yourself believe,you can't truly know the limits of those around you. you may think you're the only one suffering in this world but everyone has their struggles
>>
>>137542195
so this random person should do what, live for your sake?
>>
There was nothing inherently wrong with Third Impact. It was the next step in humanity's evolution.
>>
>>137543308
>you may think you're the only one suffering in this world

I don't but I also do need to be here and continue this.
>>
>>137543253
This sounds amazing, what a life
>>
>>137542444
if they don't care, all the more reason to take care of yourself
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 200x150) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 200x150
>>137542894
But anon, EoE doesn't have this.
>>137543072
Oh fuck this, if you think you are better off dead why not just go out with a bang and do crazy shit like >>137542568 or whatever you like.
>>
>>137543253
>drink from tang
>joe from ihop decides life is worth living
>explodes out off my stomach
yeah...no
>>
>>137543342
If that's not too much to ask, jeez
>>
>>137543146
You're right.
>>
>>137543438
I'm planning on having a big meal of everything I like then end it
>>
>>137543352
I don't but I also do need to be here and continue this.
For what reason?
>>
>>137543445
too late for joe, everyone needs to learn to deal with their actions
>>
>>137543504
Because I don't. Why be here? Why continue? In the end we'll all be forgotten. In a few days you'll even forget about this thread and this conversation. Ending it now just cuts the suffering short.
>>
>>137543438
>But anon, EoE doesn't have this.
But it does have a cool fight scene and Instrumentality in action
>>
>>137543550
Ahh, but it doesn't have to be suffering anon, it could be magical
>>
>>137543582
Realistically it won't be. Especially for someone like me.
>>
>>137543351
>the next step in humanity's evolution.
>evangelion anime
>evolution

k m8

>>137543253
Can you post proof?
>>
File: EoEgroup.jpg (66 KB, 620x369) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
EoEgroup.jpg
66 KB, 620x369
>>137543438

But it does. The scene where Shinji talks with Rei and Kaworu and decides that he wants to go back to the AT Field world, even if it brings pain back, is analogue to the TV ending, it even has the coral sea floor setting and all.
>>
File: 137543569.jpg (40 KB, 639x358) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
137543569.jpg
40 KB, 639x358
>>137543569
And we get to see this
>>
>>137543352
Go to the gym?
>>>/fit/
>>
Thread theme

https://youtu.be/sUNrfRvWXGs
>>
>>137543606

So I guess you haven't read Childhood's End then
>>
>>137543636
I have. I've done things that most boards would say do. Its all the same.
>>
>>137542792
Whenever we have people wanting to kill themselves they start quoting EoE, specifically Shinji's lines.

Thats why EoE and Eva is fucking amazing, it gets into the modern suicidal NEET's head.

Its like catcher in the rye but holden caulfield eventually gets called out and redeems his being a fucking shit head.
>>
>>137543699
get laid bro lmao
>>
>>137543747
>get laid bro lmao

Done again, last week. Empty sex just makes me feel more empty.
>>
File: happy_asuka.jpg (60 KB, 450x557) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
happy_asuka.jpg
60 KB, 450x557
>>137543747
this tbqhwyf (to be quite honest with you senpai)

go get a gf
>>
>>137543550
So because you know something will end you think why bother anyway? That's like saying nothing that exists matters because the universe will eventually end.
That type of reasoning is just an excuse to run away from it all,to escape from life's pleasure and pain.
>>
>>137543489
That's really fucking lame, not that I expect much from a person who wants to an hero. Life is full of possibilities and you choose death?
>>137543550
>In the end we'll all be forgotten.
Exactly, I've long come to the conclusion that life has no real meaning or purpose anyway so I'm better off doing whatever I damn please. If I were to die today there would be shitloats of cool things that I'd miss, like a new anime series, video games or Donald Trump winning the election. That said, Dark Souls 3 is coming out soon, I can't wait.
>>
>>137543794
There are always things you'll miss. If you died in five minutes or fifty years. Its all the same
>>
>>137543776
fuck you and your filename
>>
>>137543715
i know right? I love this board
Fear

Asuka: That I disappear.

Shinji: Yet, I can disappear because I think I am useless.

Rei: Why?

Asuka: Because I am useless.

Shinji: After all, I am a useless child.
Nobody cares me.


Mistato: You run away considering nobody cares you.
You fear to fail.
You fear to be disliked.
You fear to see the weekness within you.
>>
>>137543794
That's good to hear man,when I came to the same reasoning I though even though I'll die I still want to experience lots of things from my point of view and others.
So I made it a goal to travel the world to visit and live in different places.
>>
>>137542720
I love the idea of an Absolute Terror field.

Because thats really what it is, when you offer yourself up to rejected, especially if you're really opening up.

More than just getting rejected from a date, but going up to a girl and have her reel from you trying to kiss her, or just opening up your deepest shit to another. Absolute terror really is the only way to describe it.
>>
>>137542145
Don't you get it, TARS? We were the 1st ancestral race all along.
>>
File: 1397513734957.jpg (207 KB, 389x416) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1397513734957.jpg
207 KB, 389x416
>>137542792
>tfw End of Eva is so deep people don't even realise they've been trapped in its web, 20 years later
>>
>>137542188
How old are they in that image? 30?
>>
>>137543920
>it all makes sense now
>>
>>137543253
They will never get scurvy.
>>
>>137543832
Yeah, but what if the next thing that you miss could potentially become your favorite. Just think of the possibilities, man.
>>
>>137543840
>>137543776

Honestly I think universal waifu trolling is exactly what Red vs Blue needs to cool down.

post rei with tranny.jpg
post asuka with toilet.jpg

Anything is better than that one REALLY salty Reifag who insults everybody coming around and we get a unfun heated discussion as everyone argues with and against him and its not nice.
>>
>>137541500
being turned into tang is pretty fucking scary.
>>
>>137544093

i have many
>>
File: 1455474270708.jpg (41 KB, 500x341) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1455474270708.jpg
41 KB, 500x341
>>137543602
Hardly relevant. You don't need to be remembered for an eternity to justify you existence. You don't need to be loved and you don't need to be happy. Pain, all pain really, exists inside your mind, and the consequences of dealing with pain are yours to decide. In the end you're right, you can kill yourself and likely enough no one would remember you just as it would be if you lived until you were 106. Your relatives might miss you if you have any who care, but in the end it couldn't mean anything...

Maybe, but how could you know that, how could you perceive what fruit your life will bear. Of what importance is it to you that you have the most relevant existence in human history. You couldn't possibly know if you're the only person in existence, hell you can't even know if the machinations by which you obtain knowledge of your existence are real. In the end you're left with a simple choice, life or oblivion.

Tell me what meaning could death posses over life, if the only reason you could think of to die is to stop your living pain. In the end the pain hasn't stopped, you have.
>>
>>137543072
Christ, it's like I'm watching the instrumentality sequences all over again.
>>
>>137542720
>>137543920
I hate that. I'd much prefer to wield magic octagons of death.
>>
>>137544205
My existence, how humans innately are. Is creating the pain I perceive. If I were a fly, life or death would barely be a difference to me. My existence only has meaning because of who I perceive myself to be. If I perceive death as a better alternative to life, why should I force myself to keep living. In death there is at least peace, I won't be able to perceive pain and I would have to live it
>>
File: 1455422115786.gif (548 KB, 500x592) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1455422115786.gif
548 KB, 500x592
>>137542444
Don't do it, anon. Know that you're not alone, I'm the same and we'll find a way, I promise.
>>
>>137544291
That why you need a robutt powered by dead moms.

Then you can reject bitch ass angels so hard that you shoot force fields out your ass


Them Eva's are basically huge amplifiers, and your dead mom becomes Jimi Hendrix.
>>
>>137542444
Just kill yourself, kid. Pssh. Nothing perssonel.
>>
>>137541590

You'd rather have everyone become tang just because it's beneficial for you?

That's rather selfish to all the people that are content with how things are at the moment, is it not?
>>
>>137542444
At least tell them how you feel before offing yourself
>>
>>137544592
>137542195
>>
Thread theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4
>>
>>137544311
You wouldn't be able to perceive peace either. Do yourself a favor, if you have a death wish join the U.S. military, South East Asia simmering nicely, who knows you might get lucky.

But seriously you want to know a secret. The ONLY reason I was trying to console you was so you would admit that you wanted to live and I could post the fucking congratulations gif and video! THAT'S RIGHT THE ONLY REASON I GAVE YOU THE TIME OF DAY WAS BECAUSE I THOUGHT I COULD GET A GAG OUT OF YOU. Now cut the existentialist bullshit and realize that you have to options. Live of die, go ahead kill yourself an win the ultimate reward in the looser lottery.
>>
>>137544665
Agreed
>>
>>137544592
No, it's actually a world that's objectively more fair and better for everyone. They would just not experience pleasure anymore, which isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>137544385
Wouldn't I be... oh never mind, that would have been a dope way to explain that shit to Shinji.
>>
>>137544269
How so? In that it's whiny, vapid, and ultimately goes nowhere? Everyone with no idea for their future feels that way.
Protip: It never gets better. One is best off killing oneself.
>>
>>137544765

You wrongfully categorized "absence of pleasure" as "not bad" as opposed to "bad."
>>
File: crabs-in-bucket.jpg (151 KB, 800x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
crabs-in-bucket.jpg
151 KB, 800x600
>>137544795

4U
>>
>>137544837
that's just, like, you're (wrong) opinion, man
>>
>>137544855

I HAVE A MASTERS DEGREE IN OPINIONOLOGY AND MY EXPERT OPINION SAYS YOU'RE WRONG.
>>
>>137544765
Absence of pain can't really be perceived as good without presence of pain
>>
>>137543342
why should we all give ourselves up for his sake?
>>
>>137541500
>Be soup
>Can't play in CS:GO and Warhammer 40000 retribution Imperial guard wargear pack and War thunder.
Fuck no, this is sucks.
>>
>>137544765
> Absence of pain
> good
Kid that's just simply not bad you know.
>>
>>137544922
Because you should care about everybody
>>
>>137542026
>>137542079
I liked 2.0 and hated 3.33 so I don't understand what this question is for.
>>
>>137541500

I'd rather the Infinite Tsukuyomi

Because I'll be in my own perfect world while also fighting in the army of best mom
>>
>>137545015

The need of the many outweigh the need of the few.
>>
That girl whose cleavage you saw when she bent over that one time would know you had naughty thoughts about her.
>>
>>137545105
> Le ebin vulcan may may
If someone really has such low regard for their own life, then they should have no objection to pulling out a credit card, running to vegas, run a few lines off of whores, and then finish the deed in the desert. It's really the perfect crime.
>>
>>137545211

If you consider that a moral and ethical dilemma, sure.
>>
>>137543072
Read Sun and Steel by Mishima
>>
>>137545248
frankly anyone who desregards the needs of the individual should be completely ignored in regards to personal matters desu desu senpai.
>>
>>137545405

We're discussing a matter in which everyone is affected.

It would be wiser to go with the lesser of two evils.
>>
>>137545211
Sad people don't want to be happy.
>>
>>137545436
> everyone is important
> Well. Except YOU.
Typical hypocrite spouting typical crap.

>>137545442
This anon knows what's up.
>>
>>137542366
>>137542247
Do you think that Asuka and Shinji found the spears of Longuinus and Casius to rebuild the world?

Also I tought that only the humans are those that became tang?
Besides maybe there is still good on the ruins of the old world and stuff.
I liked the end of the N64 game but I wonder if Anno had anything to do with it.
Instead of shinji choking her, they both reach for each others hand and then Asuka says something that we never know what it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2_mqr3R0JE

>>137543489
Is there a girl you like before you go all out?
>>
>>137545488

It's more along the lines of "more people prefer X than you prefer Y," young man. Your reading comprehension is quite weird.
>>
>>137545520
>Is there a girl you like before you go all out?

A boy but they don't like me that way anymore
>>
>>137545520
Not with Longinus on the moon.
>>
>>137545578
>>137543489
This is too much for me to ignore. Don't do it.
>>
>>137545578
>A boy but they don't like me that way anymore
So you are a girl?
What way do you mean? Have you tried to talk with him or confess your feelings? I know it sounds cheesy as fuck but you have to open up and give yourself a chance.
Life is tough and it hurts but even then there are great moments that will fill you with joy, thus they are the joy of living.
>>
>>137545066
He is saying that if you liked 2.0 you will hate 3.33.

Though that is cheating since anyone with taste hates 3.33
>>
>>137545594
>A boy but t
How do we know it didnt crash back into earth?
Also didnt it come back when Shinji's unit was about to initiate a new impact?
>>
>>137545652
>So you are a girl?
No.

>What way do you mean? Have you tried to talk with him or confess your feelings?

Yes and he said he did too but then lied and went after someone else. He hates me now too
>>
>>137545703
Are there any girls who like you?
>>
>>137545748
No
>>
>>137545703
>being a literal faggot
Found your problem
>>
File: 1365633201445.png (175 KB, 357x497) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1365633201445.png
175 KB, 357x497
>>137545520
>re-take
>>
>>137545015
Optimist here but that is the most emptiest and void of meaning phrase ever.
>>
>>137542025
SEELE's plan was to have their souls put into an Eva with an S2 engine with the Lance gone, so they would eternal with the only thing to kill it, the lance gone, making them gods, and the ultimate testament that the human race existed.
>>
>>137545520
Cassius doesn't exist in that continuity and Yui took Longinus when she left. She confiscated that shit, nothing like that could ever be done again no matter what happened to Earth.
>>
>>137541500
Nothing is wrong with the society in Brave New World either.
>>
>>137545520
>Is there a girl you like before you go all out?
There was but she doesn't love me that way anymore ;_;
>>
>>137545703
Why don't you suck dicks for a living? Not even joking.

You'll earn some money and make a lot of people happy.
>>
>>137545845
Then how else could they be connected? Sequel theorist over here.
If it is indeed a sequel then Cassius lance could actually be there or something else happened because for what we have seen, it is the same world and moon from EOE.
>>
>>137545786
I found it on google, Tought it looked cool.
>>
File: 1366237451494.png (169 KB, 388x498) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1366237451494.png
169 KB, 388x498
>>137546213
That's no excuse anon
>>
>>137545703
well anon,
here is the solution.
>>137545785

Being gay is a bad thing. Humans are genetically programmed to not like them because they would present a burden to our ancestral selves due to incapable of reproducing the genes of the clan etc..
>>
I want to live though. I want to have my thoughts and actions. Third Impact robs me of the ability to live. I like pain because when I stop hurting. I can find happiness again.
>>
>>137543635
Kill yourself
>>
How can one experience true happiness without first experiencing pain?
>>
>>137546262
what is re-take? is that an ova?
edit: ohh.. I see what it is now. wOOPS.huehehe
>>
>>137546175
There weren't four of Longinus in the series anyway and the Black Moon wasn't a spool. If it happens it ain't gonna be that direct.
>>
>>137543635
I like the manga version, shinji battles and cuts them down to pieces in there.
>>
>All these normalfags ITT
Nauseating. Let those who want to die, die.
>>
>>137546425
4? which ones? I only recall one.
>>
>>137546393
Because it's just a chemical reaction in your brain that doesn't rely on an opposite (in feeling) reaction existing to function?
>>
File: smug.png (2 MB, 1064x983) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
smug.png
2 MB, 1064x983
>>137546402
>edit
>>
>>137546393
Who are you to say that "true" happiness requires pain? Everyone's happiness is subjective.
>>
File: smug_rei_2.jpg (474 KB, 1619x1725) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
smug_rei_2.jpg
474 KB, 1619x1725
>>137546574
is asuka the smuggest animu character ever?
>>
>>No loneliness
isn't that why shinji left instrumentality in the first place?
or am i interpreting this shit wrong
>>
>>137546574
>>137546262
>>137545786
Stop bullying the poor anon, Asuka
>>
Imagine every human achievement, ever piece of art in existence that was inspired by pain, by grief, by anger, by selfishness, by all kinds of negativity or adversity. From chaos.

Then imagine that could never be. That would suck.

Idealistic bliss without the perspective that makes that state blissful is empty.
>>
File: 1434773033325.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1434773033325.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
2.22 was a great movie, and anyone who says they disliked it but liked 3.33 is a contrarian faglord.
>>
File: 1435981195958.jpg (55 KB, 410x416) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435981195958.jpg
55 KB, 410x416
>>137546716
i don't care what y'all virgins say

i like doki doki rei
>>
>>137546716

I can easy make my case for that opinion while you have nothing except throwing around infantile insults.
>>
File: hella gendo.jpg (46 KB, 410x369) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hella gendo.jpg
46 KB, 410x369
>>137546695
>that filename
>>
>>137543794
>If I were to die today there would be shitloats of cool things that I'd miss, like a new anime series, video games or Donald Trump winning the election.
On second thought, please kill yourself within the next 6 months.
>>
>>137546779
*poka poka
>>
>>137546716
I loved 2.22 I want to get the bluray tought but it is sold out everywhere. Also the preiew for 3.33 was awesome and looked waay different from the end product.

Also Asuka got jealous of shinji's mom clone, what a crazy situation...
Had they invited her to that lunch then things wouldnt had gone down the drain.

Also I want to know how these movies are connected to the original run. Hoping the new one will tell us how.
>>
File: l9ifqb1.jpg (152 KB, 764x1024) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
l9ifqb1.jpg
152 KB, 764x1024
>>137546779
Everyone likes poka poka Rei anon.
>>
>>137546703
god damn it i had a fucking pic to go with this and i somehow didnt post it

while im at it, were SEELE really the bad guys here? it seemed like all they wanted to do was to "evolve humanity" which doesn't really seem like a bad thing by itself
>>
>>137546710
For every one person who was inspired by adversity, there were millions more who were crushed by it.
You assume that art and advancement can only by made under negative pressure, but how do you know that? The sort of utopia where everyone is happy has never existed and it would be wrong to assume art and science wouldn't advance under those conditions.
The purpose of human life is to obtain happiness. Sure, a world where everyone is happy without sadness might look empty and without perspective to you, but do you not want people to be happy? Is it really that important to experience sad things? For us, adversity is necessary because the world we live in is full of it and we need to challenges to prepare us for life, but sadness is not inherently needed to be happy.
>>
>>137546933
SEELE's goal as stated in the game NGE2 is that they want just SEELE's souls to be merged with an Eva unit with an S2 engine after destroying the Lance. Since the Eva is a godlike body, and the Lance being the only thing that can destroy it, with the Lance gone they would be an immortal God with a human soul that would represent the pinnacle of humanity that would last for eternity.
>>
File: 2345342643235.jpg (15 KB, 600x340) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2345342643235.jpg
15 KB, 600x340
Will you be alright, love?
>>
>>137546933
It's a shadow council of 12 old people deciding everything humans can ever be at direct cost of any other opportunities. Yes, they're the villains.
>>
>>137547156
>You assume that art and advancement can only by made under negative pressure

No, not at all. I merely mean there ARE things, wonderful things, made by that negative pressure - to become a homogeneous blob of warm feelings means to lose those things, forever.

Our sadness and pain are just as important as our happiness and comfort.
>>
Or we could do this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPozvc75PoE
>>
>>137541500
We'd all become a single entity with a single mind. We will have no secrets. And personally, I don't want my grandmother to know what bondage doujins I've read.
>>
>>137547489
I'd be more worried about seeing hers. I don't want to feel my grandma touching herself.
>>
File: 1391952405679.jpg (7 KB, 221x228) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1391952405679.jpg
7 KB, 221x228
>>137547646
>having ugly grandparents

americans everybody
>>
>>137547489

That door swings both ways. Do you think she wants people knowing what she was thinking, feeling and doing when she was 15 years old? She wasn't always your grandma.

Who would be ashamed or embarrassed of anything in Instrumentality?
>>
>>137547388
There are people starving and dying right now. There are also people being raped and being murdered.
All over the world, countless atrocities are being committed because of negative emotions.
If we trade away all the sadness and anger in the world for happiness, sure, we'll lose some important things, but just think about how great the world could be everybody just be happy.
>>
>>137547911

You sound like someone that hasn't fully experienced what life and humanity has to offer.

Are you under the age of 20 by any chance?
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 500x311) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 500x311
Wait are we still talking about Eva or is this now a crypto-/adv/ thread wherein we try to get 2-3 anons not to kill themselves for real?

As a fairly dysfunctional person I've considered suicide enough times in my life that I don't think I could earnestly tell someone not to do it under any circumstances without being a hypocrite. But what I will tell you is that knowing I always have that option on the backburner has, ironically, probably kept me from doing it so far. I mean, if I can quit at any time, why not keep going a while longer just to see what happens? There are so many things I still haven't experienced in the world. I've discovered that working with troubled children is one of the few things I'm good at and makes me feel like I'm doing something worthwhile. I love film, art and literature and I'd like to see at least one serious personal project within one of those mediums to completion during my life. I want to meet a woman I love, get married and become a father. Little by little I'm starting to learn how to socialize with people in moderately healthy ways, and finally starting to feel like an actual adult. I've reconnected with old friends and rediscovered old hobbies. I don't know what the future will be like but I'm in a better place now than I was even just a couple months ago, when I was last seriously considering suicide as an option. I'm not saying I've completely ruled it out as a possibility, but I'mnot ready to throw in the towel just yet.

I'm not saying I know your situation(s); obviously, I can only speak from my own limited perspective. But I hope maybe you can consider what I'm saying as someone who's had the same thoughts as you.

In conclusion:
http://youtu.be/ITvbC_dnPV0

PS: If you're not on medication, seriously consider it before you commit to any binding decisions. It really does make a difference, and I wouldn't bother with it for a second if I thought it didn't.
>>
>>137547911
It's not happiness though. It's just oblivion. You could also end an immense amount of human suffering by cleansing the earth in nuclear fire, but doing so would also end everything humanity is and everything humanity could have been. It's pointless.
>>
>>137542026
>>137542079
after unit 02 became a cat I had to shut it off
>>
>>137547489
part of me wants to believe that that's the reason why asuka left instrumentality
she didn't exactly handle that whole mind-probing thing well the first time around
>>
>>137547958
One last important addendum:
http://youtu.be/D2h8hXPRt_E
>>
>>137547156
First off, suffering and happiness are one of the same and come hand in hand. They are concepts and borders created by the human mind to limit ourselves and the world, to define who we are. It's all a matter of perspectives. Say, if all the pain that you are experiencing were gone, the thing that you'd view to be least convenient would be the new suffering. That's why third-worlders are happy to just get fed, while some first-world kids would probably think it's the end of the world if he didn't get a new Iphone for his birthday.
>The purpose of human life is to obtain happiness.
No, it's not. The only purpose of all living things is the continuation of its race/species, it's hard-wired into the genes. Of coure, we human can break free from it and make a new purpose for ourselves but it's different for each person. Some want to get comfy with their beloved till the end of their lives, but some just want to watch the world burn and get off from it.
>>
File: image.png (155 KB, 484x253) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.png
155 KB, 484x253
I really want to see a remake of Eva where Shinji gets really into /fit/ culture. Instead of being a scrawny autist with nothing to live for I want to see him as some yolked autist obsessed with improving his natty limit and impressing other men. He comes to the relization that his dad is some edgy brooding manlet and tells him to fuck himself; he doesnt need his approvale because everyone else is already mirin hard.

In the end he rejects instrumentality for the sake of keeping all his gainz.
>>
>>137547180
I've always preferred the idea that SEELE were people who got incredibly rich and powerful, realized that they were still incredibly unfulfilled and sad, thought everyone else was the same, and thought Instrumentality offered the only way for humanity to truly be happy.

That always struck me as a lot more interesting and thematically relevant than just a bunch of rich dudes trying to become even more powerful on the backs of the human race.
>>
>>137548220
I hope you don't mean this
As hilarious as it is, it really saddens me that this is what a lot of my burgerland friends thought when I showed them Eva.

Different culture I suppose
>>
>>137544311
Please kill yourself.
>>
>>137541500
>literally everyone dies

how do you not see the problem?
>>
>>137543920
Isn't the AT Field actually the pilots' mothers' soul? I thought this was confirmed in EOE by Asuka.
>>
>>137548135
This. Life is full of suffering and the universe doesn't give a single shit about you. Without life there's no pain, but also no love, glory, morality, or anything else that's only made possible by the existence of freedom of choice in a violent, amoral world.

Life is about proclaiming your existence in the face of a cold, uncaring void. Anything else is between you and your maker.
>>
>>137548263
>just a bunch of rich dudes trying to become even more powerful
what are you talking about, thats like one of the core themes in the series duh

that said, a backstory like that makes me wonder what the people at seele were doing prior to the Katsuragi Expedition, or before they even found the Dead Sea Scrolls for that matter.
>>
>>137546554
You wouldn't be able to distinguish it from anything else if it was the only thing you felt thus making a normal state of non-happiness necessary
>>
>>137548541
Clearly they were philosophers or academics or some shit.
>>
>>137543920
Fun fact that adds onto this: Some people have confused "A.T. Field" for a "genuine psychology term" before.
http://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_Analysis:List_of_Common_Misconceptions#A.T._Field_is_a_real-life_psychology_term

>>137548474
they explain what the AT field is like 30 times m8
it's just that the pilots' mothers' had done contact experiments with the EVAs and their souls (or parts of their soul in asuka's case) got absorbed
>>
>>137541563
but anon, its all harmony there
>>
>>137541500
>I still don't understand how the Third Impact would be a bad thing.
Then you literally didn't understand Shinji's reason to come back
>>
>>137548541
All of the actions make just as much sense if they were just attempting to trigger Instrumentality and send everyone to the tang. Even makes more sense in some cases, like the fact that they seemed fine with Lilith and later Shinji taking control of Instrumentality.

Thematically too, when you have a story basically about people who can't deal with their personal problems, it makes sense that the members of SEELE, despite their immense power, still couldn't find happiness, and concluded just like Shinji that the only way out was through the mixing of souls.

This line in particular by Keel points to this as well.
>This is also the moment when the souls can rest at peace.
>>
>>137547947
Close, I'm 20.
>>137548135
>>137548012
I concede my argument; I have no rebuttal. Thanks for the discussion, this was fun.
>>
File: black kid crying.gif (2 MB, 375x283) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
black kid crying.gif
2 MB, 375x283
>>137543072
anon please
>>
>>137548961

Young man, you've only lived a quarter or a fifth of your live. It's way too young for you to make a statement like that.

I'm only five years older than you are and believe me, you'll grow to find intricacies in life that will convince you of its wonders.
>>
>>137545911
>
>>
>>137549021
Yeah, I have no doubt that I'm speaking from a pretty limited perspective, but arguing with strangers on an anonymous Mongolian tapestry board is pretty fun.
Also don't you have to be 26+ to be a Christmas cake?
>>
>>137549021
Normalfag as fuck.
>>
>>137545703
Don't listen to gay bashing assholes anon. You deserve to live no matter what anyone says. Life is adversity. Joy is overcoming it. Joy is right around the corner for you.
>>
>>137549209

You're an unwanted Christmas Cake at 26, I believe.

>>137549298

I'm not exactly what you'd call a normalfag, but I have seen a lot of things. Too many things happen by chance and dumb luck. Too many things that you'd never expect to happen... actually happens. Just when you think you've understood something, you find out that you actually had no idea.

Life is wonderful, dear anon. As much as there are negatives in this world, there are equally overwhelming amount of good.
>>
>>137547646
Thank you for putting that thought in my mind.
>>
>>137549393
>Life is wonderful, dear anon. As much as there are negatives in this world, there are equally overwhelming amount of good.
I puked.

Well, may be in a rich fucking country it is.
>>
>>137549661
I don't think that's what the tripfag was trying to show to OP, but yes it does sound soft-headed bullshit.

I've lived through my fair share of poverty and misery.
I've also seen many people in this shithole desperately reaching out for something good, and while they may not admit it due to what they've done and what they are, they've shown me something good can come from them.

I'd like to believe that the world has improved enough to give a chance to those who reaches out, that we can at least make it halfway there, and achieve happiness on our road.

Being rich and living in 1st world country may sound good, but as a person who was born into that kind of family, I can tell you that there's plenty of misery that can be born from it.
>>
File: 1437787730820.jpg (22 KB, 500x375) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1437787730820.jpg
22 KB, 500x375
>>137541500
Kaworu isn't there.
>>
>>137541500
Because I'd have to be a part of a fagoot like you.
>>
>>137544795
No because I'm pretty sure that line was in there verbatim.
>>
>>137541500
It is the fears, the loneliness, the conflict and the chaos of existence that has driven us to where we are now. The constant awareness that our shadow is death waiting to snatch us at anytime is what has caused men to go out and conquer the earth, master the sea, build rockets to space, touch the moon, split the atom. It is the very thing that drives SEELE to initiate third impact. The irony of it all is that the very act of third impact will remove the very drive that led SEELE to create the technology that allowed for third impact. While we'd never be alone, and while we'd be able to fully understand each other, that full ability to understand each other and be one in immortality with each other will mean that we'll achieve nothing. Just a floating blob in space. We'd be alive, but the things that mark us as alive would be gone, so then what's the fucking point?
>>
>>137541500
The end of the individual, true death.
>>
>>137547958
tfw no tl;dr

u expectin me to read dis is makin me suicidal bruh
>>
>>137551603
>We'd be alive, but the things that mark us as alive would be gone,

Everthing will be gone with time, the only thing that will live forever is the eva itself, one day the human race will go extinct, the sun will enter his final phase and the earth will be destroyed, there will be nothing left of humanity aside from eva.

I rather be a immortal godlike being living forever in space than be just a sack of meat that will be dead and gone forever in a few years.

I could care less about being "connected" to 99% of humanity, after all I love humanity itself, but I hate human beings on the personal level, but I do care about being immortal.
>>
>>137541500
Why is that glowing chick yanking on that gigantic nipple?
>>
>>137551733
I guess I tried too hard to give a shit :(
>>
>>137551838
An immortal godlike being that will never interact with anything and never create anything. A godlike being that will float in space entirely until the universe stretches so much that it never even has a chance to run into anything again, maintaining it's own existence solely through a source of infinite energy. You might live forever but you'd live for nothing.
>>
>>137549393
>Life is wonderful, dear anon.

Is this also on your tumblr page?

>As much as there are negatives in this world, there are equally overwhelming amount of good.

I've met optimists who would disagree with this.

You're all faggots for taking your philosophies from a chinese cartoon.
>>
>>137541500
think of it as Shinji's ironically noble selfishness

Shinji is the one person you'd expect to embrace a world being handed to him by the Third Impact, yet the first people to return to human form are him and Asuka, the two most fucked up and emotionally distraught people.

You could even interpret him strangling Asuka as him wanting to just be truly alone, one of shinjis trademark emotional/character regressions that make up the bulk of his plight
>>
>>137552054
>You might live forever but you'd live for nothing.

Hmmm I guess nothing would change from the way I am living now.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 1084x950) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 1084x950
>>137552158
>Is this also on your(his) tumblr page?
>>
>>137545695
No my friend, if you like Evangelion at all for what it is, then you'll like 3.33. If like happy mecha fun times and GAR action you'll like 2.22.

I like both for what they are.
>>
>>137546514
In the flashback in 2.22 there shows 4 Adams and 4 Spear of Longinus'. It's the same in the Until You Come To Me short film.

I honestly think Rebuild is gonna be another canon and that all these things sequel theorists think connect them are just nods and winks to the original. I mean, do you sequel theorists every sit and think: "Wait, how would we have ended up here in these events in Rebuild after the ending of EoE?"

It wouldn't make sense.
>>
>>137541500
>Letting the whole world know what I have been doing in my whole life.
I would rather not.
>>
>>137552158

My ironic tumblr page only has a bunch of copied and pasted chatlogs of my friends saying funny things, mos of which are mostly Taiga's.

I think you misunderstood when I said "equally overwhelming amount of good." I don't mean that there would be an equal but opposite amount of good to counterbalance the bad like Newton's third law for good and bad or whatever. I mean that the amount of good that you will experience will take you aback and by surprise, as much as the negative things you'll experience.

Life works in unpredictable ways, young man. The smartest thing anyone can say about life with absolute certitude is that they cannot predict or expect anything from it.

>>137549661

Once you grow older, and I mean beyond your early 20s, you'll eventually understand.
>>
>>137541931
What are S2 Engines?
>>
>>137545594
Unit 01 took the Lance with it on a deep space adventure and Lilith's was destroyed billions of years ago.
>>
>>137546514
Three Longinus, one Cassius. Maybe five if Lilith's spear isn't one of these.
>>
>>137556647
What the hell are those spears anyway and what are they supposed to do?
>>
>>137556880
They probably act as control rods for the Adams
>>
>>137546514
There was only one, don't listen to the rebuildfags.
>>
>>137541500
Yup, can't feel fear or lonliness if you don't have individuality or even thought. dumbass.
>>
>>137541500
it's the communist end game
>>
>>137545824
But they couldn't into space.

Humanity could have achieved much more had they not become a puddle of Tang.
>>
Even years later you autists are still trying to find a deep meaning in a parody anime.
>>
>>137541500
Congratulations! You won!
>>
>>137557691
and you will be always be here with us bitching about it.
>>
>>137541500
I'd go through with it just to spite other people.
>>
>>137546305
You should kill yourself before he does
>>
If I ever suicide I will listen Kom, susser todd in my last moments. If I have to go out better go out as a fag.
>>
>>137559346
Was thinking the same just a few moments ago.
>>
>>137548786
Losing yourself is not worthy. And shinji learns this
>>
>>137555271
The Fruit of Life. Access to unlimited energy.
>>
>>137548541
> what are you talking about, thats like one of the core themes in the series duh
I can't tell if you're joking but no it isn't. What IS a core theme of the series is the idea of human beings as lonely, incomplete entities longing to be made whole and willing to turn a blind eye to others for that purpose. SEELE as a group of warped idealists is a lot more interesting and more supported by the plot and themes of the actual series.

Autistic faggots who cite the shat-out-for-a-quick-buck licensed video games as authoritative sources in discussions on Eva should be forcibly quarantined to Evageeks desu
>>
>>137563794
it was sarcasm and i actually like that idea desu
>>
File: gooks_EoE.png (717 KB, 797x445) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gooks_EoE.png
717 KB, 797x445
what the fuck did we just watch?
>>
>>137552265
basically it would be the same as being death.

Better to live a joyful life with limited time than a forever one where there is nothing nor any point on it.
>>
>>137564834
Anno's nephew or something like that flipping you off.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
Reminder that in Rebuild SEELE is literally just the Gazel Ministry from Xenogears. They even meet the same fate.
>>
>>137556880
>Hyper-advanced Aliens known as the First Ancestral Race (FAR) exist billions of year ago. They cultivate life in the universe
>Send Seeds of Life (those moon things) to other worlds to kick-start evolution. They are put onto massive "Moon" like transports. New organisms formed from the seeds will get their souls from the extra-dimensional Realm of Guf, which contains FAR souls. So we are reincarnated FAR's.
>By rule, no two seeds are allowed to exist on the same world as they'd create a super being
>An accident happens, and the Black Moon that has the Seed that spawns "Fruit of Knowledge" (intelligent organisms) crashes into the world that already had the White Moon Seed that spawns the "Fruit of Life" (large, powerful organisms) land on it. This planet is preehistoric Earth. There is a catastrophic event, 1st Impact happens and the Moon forms from debris flung from Earth.
>As you can't have Fruit of Life-based and Fruit of Knowledge-based lifeforms on the same planet, the control mechanisms in the Seed (the Lance of Longinus) to prevent this goes into action. The Lance of Longinus on the moon containing the Fruit of Knowledge was destroyed in 1st Impact, so the Lance in the Seed containing the Fruit of Life seals itself. As a result, the Fruit of Life, also known as Adam, are put into stasis along with his offspring (the Angels). The Fruit of Knowledge, Lilith, inherits the earth and humanity forms
>Billions of years later SEELE finds the Dead Sea Scrolls, the "manual" on how the Seeds of Life work left behind by the FARs that was on each vessel. They get the idea to initiate the "forbidden union" between two different Seed lifeforms and become Gods

This is all explained in the files of a PS2 game that Anno sent notes to the developers. He was too lazy/crazy to put it into the actual seriers
>>
>>137564834
> the guy in the middle sending word to his homies
> the guy in front with his plushies
>>
>>137566145
>SEELE Engineers 2nd Impact by reawakening Adam, whose body has been buried under arctic ice for the last 4 billion years. Adam wakes up and decides he's gonna kill all Lilith based lifeform (i.e. humanity) and reclaim the planet for lifeforms based on him, the Fruit of Life. The Katursagi Expedition that woke him up manages to activate Adam's old lance of longinus, which shatters his body as it is trying to initiate 2nd Impact to wipe out humanity. Adam's physical form is reduced to an embryo state that Gendo later puts into his hand, his soul will be used to inhabit a human body and we get Kwarou later on
>2nd impact is stopped half-way, but still causes global upheaval. It also reawakens the developing Angels that were in stasis. When these Angels mature, they will seek out Adam's body which they think is under Tokyo. The Angels want to merge with Adam and initiate 3rd Impact to finally wipe out humanity. However this body under Tokyo is actually Lilith (who crashed there 4 billion years ago), so if they merged with it they'd do the forbidden union and create a god entity
>SEELE decides to initiate 3rd Impact: They develop the Eva's (clones of Lilith's form with a human soul) as vessels for their own souls. They want to initiate 3rd Impact while being merged with the Eva's which would apparently turn the Eva's into a God-like being while killing everybody else.
>Gendo wants to start 3rd Impact to meet Yui in the afterlife, this would be achieved through merging his Adam embryo hand with Rei (a clone of Lilith/Yui). It's unknown what would have happened to everybody else, but SEELE didn't want this
>In the end, Shinji is piloting the Eva's as 3rd Impact happens as Rei betrays Gendo who gets cast into oblivion as punishment. All human and angel-based lifeform complete their forbidden union and become a god-like gestalt single entity. However Shinji fucks everything up by making those who want to reject the union capable of reforming their bodies
>>
>>137541590
get into the robo shinji kun
>>
>>137566145
>This is all explained in the files of a PS2 game that Anno sent notes to the developers. He was too lazy/crazy to put it into the actual seriers
Or maybe, just maybe, he pulled it all out of his ass because so many whiny autists couldn't tolerate plot points in the series being intentionally left ambiguous.
>>
>>137566451
The game also contradicts itself and Anno is on record as laughing in people's faces when asked for an expository manual. Pick and choose, everyone does.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 952x539) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 952x539
>Control + F
>Kill yourself
>10 results

Why does Eva bring out the worst in people?
>>
>>137567349
half of this thread was about a guy trying to solve a sudoku puzzle, so of course "kill yourself" is going to show up a lot
what were you expecting
>>
>>137567349
Oh man, that Vice clip.

Why would someone pay 80 bucks to have one of the most uncomfortable experiences imaginable?
>>
>>137567349
> only 10 results
> in a 4chin thread
Thread replies: 303
Thread images: 49
Thread DB ID: 522789



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.