[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you enjoyed season 2 but everyone on /a/ hates this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: ghoul a - 01.jpg (36KB, 836x472px) Image search: [Google]
ghoul a - 01.jpg
36KB, 836x472px
>tfw you enjoyed season 2 but everyone on /a/ hates this show with a passion
>>
Why does TG attract so many faggots?
>>
File: star-wars-anakin.png (214KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-anakin.png
214KB, 600x300px
>>137511253
from my point of view 90% of /a/ are faggots
>>
>>137511253
mc has cool white hair with cool guy vampire powers being a cool and awesome half vampire with a badass cool guy awesome mask with cool teeth
>>
>>137511009
Manga ending was great. :re is unnecessary.
>>
>>137511314
I hope you don't actually think that's the reason people watch it
>>
The manga is better.
>>
>>137511424
explain why. I hate people who say this about every anime ever made.
>>
>>137511394
but it is
>>
>>137511450
Well one thing is that they'll some how make the same logical conclusions to progress the plot in the anime as in the manga, but in the anime they have given you no context or information as to why they are doing it, or what is going on. That's just one reason the manga is better, they take the time to actually have the plot make some sense.

I hate defaulting to "the manga was better" but this is a case where that is definitely true.
>>
>>137511529
well the entire first season he whines about having to be a ghoul and living with it so I honestly doubt people thrilled with the concept sticked around til season 2.
>>
>>137511657
really? I felt season 2 took it much slower and actually built depth into it. I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than season 1
>>
>>137511009
I liked the world-building and mythology but yeah, I agree that the manga is better.
>>
File: 1441616797061.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
1441616797061.gif
1MB, 371x209px
The finale of season 1 was amazing, other than that the only other good thing was the first OP. Everything else was meh

>mfw all that censorship
>>
>>137511725
none of the bluray rips have censorship
>>
File: tokyo ghoul endings.jpg (4MB, 4493x3313px) Image search: [Google]
tokyo ghoul endings.jpg
4MB, 4493x3313px
>>137511694
>>137511009
>>137511450
Faggot. Because they left like 50% of the story out and didn't even bother to show the final battle.
>>
>>137511009
People who say TG is shit when they only watched the anime are complete retards. The manga is easily one the best ongoing series atm. And before you faggots start crying, no, TG isn't the only series i read.
>>
>>137512396
ah, but you forget one important detail. Who reads anymore
>>
>>137512464
fuck off
>>
>>137512482
>triggered
>>
>>137512464
People who genuinly care about the story?
The anime is literally made to attract edgy teens with that fucking open 3 deep 5 me ending.
>>
why did the tokyo ghoul join the bad guys?
>>
>>137512558
No one fucking knows. It doesn't make sense.
He didn't join them in the manga.
>>
>>137512536
while you're right in the sense that the anime is going for a different audience, I doubt edgy teens still watch it considering it took the entire first season for something to happen. Could be wrong though, I don't really know people personally who watch anime
>>
>>137511311
Don't come here then you dumb /tv/poster.
>>
>>137512724
aint no stopping the meme machine (I don't go on /tv/ btw)
>>
File: 1455597042755.jpg (56KB, 836x472px) Image search: [Google]
1455597042755.jpg
56KB, 836x472px
what the fuck is this?
>>
CRAWLING
>>
>>137511694
What depth? Explain Root A's fucking story to me.
>>
>>137512864

You essentially have the main character abandoning their home and distancing themselves from Anteiku, forcing Touka and the others to deal with it while Kaneki himself has little understanding of what's happening to him and the control he's losing. One of the best scenes is Amon seeing him devouring bodies considering Kaneki pretty much refused to fight him in season 1. Along with that you have Hide himself looking into what happened, Shinohara looking after Suzuya, Amon dealing with Mado's daughter, revelations about different ghoul characters, etc.

Don't act like there wasn't anything going on or there wasn't any story.
>>
>>137513340
Kaneki ate Hide.
>>
>>137512536
>The anime is literally made to attract edgy teens
And so is the manga.
>>
>>137513451
???
>>
>>137513340
How are you supposed to understand Kaneki? There is no basis for his motivation and actions provided. What he does makes no logical sense without Kanou or without Aogiri as an enemy. Root A's draft storyboard took out the latter, but the former was still a part of the story. He's supposed to be working to eliminate what he considers to be a threat to himself, but the anime does not present this at all. It's just shit goes bad.
>>
>>137513693
I agree that it comes out of nowhere and couldve been easily expanded on. It still had a story to it though.
>>
>>137513340
KANEKI ATE HIDE
RIZE IS ALIVE
KANEKI WAS MIND CONTROLLED AND WORKS FOR CCG
>>
>>137513340
I watched season 1 and enjoyed it and watched season 2 and thought it was okay. Then I immediately read the manga from the beginning and I understood why everyone likes the manga much more.

The "story" in season 2 is just a failed attempt at creating a different timeline. It's difficult for me to pick every example buy you don't realize the plot holes until you read the manga. I was constantly saying "oh so this is why that happens" over and over again.

The only thing the anime is good for is its OST and showing Kaneki's transformation at the end of s1
>>
>>137513944
I watched the anime first and had no idea what was going on with Shachi. Kakuja and Arima's buildup are basically gone, so they come from nowhere.
>>
>>137513640
Kaneki and Amon had a big fight.
Amon lost an arm and his shoulder, Kaneki got a big chunk of flesh ripped ouf of his side.

Kaneki went crazy because of the pain and the hunger, then Hide appeared to save him. Kaneki ate Hide in his madness and after that he got skullfucked by Arima.

All these things were not shown in the anime but they happened. They were just too lazy to animate it.
>>
>>137514136
Yeah exactly, if you're an anime only viewer you must be thinking why are they breaking this guy out, and then he isn't seen again for the rest of the series? But the manga put him in for a purpose and wasn't just some dropped plot point.
>>
File: pierrot.jpg (306KB, 1770x720px) Image search: [Google]
pierrot.jpg
306KB, 1770x720px
>>137513944
I still have problems with how Kaneki turned out. Mainly that Root A Kaneki is bland as fuck.
>>
>>137511009
>everyone on /a/ hates this show with a passion
everyoone on /a/ does

but there is usually Tumlr Ghoul general here at most times serving as containment shithole for fags like you so that they dont create more shitty threads
>>
>>137511009
Read the manga and you will know why /a/ hates it.
>>
>>137511009
Is it really that bad? I must admit that I dropped the manga and the anime a while ago, because it bored me. I don't remember which part was though. I think it was after the battle with Shu on that church, but I'm not sure. I don't want spoilers, just a sincere opinion. Is it worth it?
>>
>>137515302
It gets a lot better after the Tsukiyama arc, but you should read the manga.
The anime left out 50% of the story and build in a lot of plothole changes.
>>
>>137515421
Okay, I'm going to give this another try later. Thank you.
>>
My take on Tokyo Ghoul is a bit odd. I watched both seasons and I thought first one was 6/10 at best. But oh boy did that 2nd season crash to a 2/10. I know people always kept yelling read the manga and I gave it a try. Well I gotta give credit where it's due. The original manga is a solid 8/10. However, its continuation is something else that I barely even remember to read.
>>
TG anime = dogshit.
TG manga = extremely good.

Attack on Titan anime = great.
Attack on Titan manga = decent.

One Punch Man anime = amazing.
One Punch Man manga = amazing.

Berserk = P E R F E C T I O N
>>
>>137511009
If you weren't so late to the party you'd know that wasn't the case when the show aired.
Anyone interested in TG has had more than enough time to read the manga and know why /a/ doesn't like season 2.
>>
File: Obi wan.png (153KB, 540x229px) Image search: [Google]
Obi wan.png
153KB, 540x229px
>>137511311
THEN YOU ARE LOST
>>
>>137512794
Skin. That part of the mask is an eye patch.
>>
>>137518478
>TG anime = dogshit
>TG manga = extremely good.

That's such a fuckin shame too;
After dropping the show halway through Root A and complaining about it here, someone recommended I read the manga from the begining instead

I'm REALLY glad I did because I loved it, why did such a great manga need to have such a butchered adaption is beyond me
>>
The ending to Root of A was actually pretty good honestly. Every other change they made was awful but the ending was well done. Overall S2 is still shit though.
>>
File: self hate.jpg (47KB, 467x430px) Image search: [Google]
self hate.jpg
47KB, 467x430px
>>137518478
>liking SNK
>>
I love Tokyo Ghould, but I find it really hard to remember all those CCG faces.

The choreography is also hard to follow at times. Which could also be the scanlator's fault, haven't looked at an original manga.
>>
>>137518671
>The choreography is also hard to follow at times
I hate this shit. All the fights just look like a bunch of scribbles.
>>
>>137511009
The manga is WAY better than the shit adaptation and you have shit taste op.
>>
Just reminded me I still haven't seen this. Hell, I haven't even touched the Manga.

I've been under the assumption the Manga is a lot better. But I feel like I want to watch the Anime first and foremost.

Is it really that bad? Any time it's mentioned on /a/, it's shitposted into the ground.
>>
>>137518783
>I've been under the assumption the Manga is a lot better. But I feel like I want to watch the Anime first and foremost.
The first season is serviceable. It isn't till the second where it goes to shit. You should really just read the Manga though.
>>
>>137518783
Anime is shit, manga is FUCKING GREAT YO and :re is good too
>>
>>137511009
Both anime and manga (sequel) are nothing but garbage. Mangaka panders to fujoshis/edgy teenagers; and :re is muh power levels shonen manga with the chosen one/very special snowflake MC.
TG (prequel) was ok, a readable/decent manga though. /a/ liked it, at the very least I guess.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.