[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good anime, /a/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 10

File: 4515917.jpg (207KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4515917.jpg
207KB, 1200x1000px
Is this a good anime, /a/?
>>
Better than this shotty thread desu
>>
Yes.
>>
If you like ponzi schemes.
>>
Read the manga.
>>
Sure. Good direction; GOAT OST; cute heroine. The message was messy towards the end but it came out ahead of the manga, for me at least.

I watched the English dub and liked it but I have watched my favorite episodes subbed; my rec is whichever suits your fancy.

PS. The manga isn't as good as /a/ thinks. Read the novel for the full effect.
>>
>>137501741
The anime isn't good
The manga is pretty good
The novel is best
>>
>>137501892
This.

Her voice is better in the manga.
>>
Do people like the manga that much?
So far I feel that the anime was better.
>>
File: satou.jpg (13KB, 242x304px) Image search: [Google]
satou.jpg
13KB, 242x304px
>>137501892
The manga is good of course, but the anime has a beautiful soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFgtC_H79m4
>>
Isn't the LN considered the best version?
>>
This is a good show if you sympathize with the MC. I think it's probably good in general cause of how it relates to my own life, which probably makes me overrate it. The novel is toilet paper AKA another dude's shoddy anime script.
>>
File: Kill me.jpg (130KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
Kill me.jpg
130KB, 1300x866px
>The scene where Yamazaki leaves
That shit fucked me up so hard I stared at the ceiling for a full day before changing majors.
>>
>>137504051
>before changing majors
Looking back, was it the right decision?
>>
>>137501741
yes, misaki a cute
>>
>>137504348
I'd like to think so. My parents wanted to shove me into a field I hated. By defying the life planned for me I learned to become independent. I felt for Yamazaki's predicament.
>>
File: 1447954087579.png (79KB, 170x260px) Image search: [Google]
1447954087579.png
79KB, 170x260px
>>137502114
>mfw listening to this song
just go ahead and kill me, I guess
>>
File: BABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABY.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
BABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABY.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>137504051
Sounds like a pretty typical reaction. I could relate really easily to Satou and that scared me.
>>
>>137504051
That's the high point of the show for me. The ending looks like it was made on drugs.
>>
>>137501879
there is a large difference between ponzi and pyramid schemes, you retard
>>
>>137501741

It's a way of life.
>>
>>137501741
Got board several episodes in.
>>
>>137501741
Yes, especially if you can relate to the main character and his problems. It's kinda cringe for me to admit this, but this anime was a wake up call for me and i'm currently getting my shit together thanks to it. Also currently reading the manga, its pretty good.
>>
Why are there barely any Misaki doujins?
>>
Yea I liked it a lot
>>
Pretty new to anime, but are there any other animes like NHK? I want to watch something about people dealing with real life, isolation, depression. Something that doesn't involve high schoolers.
>>
>>137511263
>doesn't involve high schoolers.
>real life

You're gonna be hard pressed to find anything. if you're just looking of avoid the tropes that usually come with mainstream anime, then there are some good series, but don't be afraid to dip into shows with hints of fantasy or characters who happen to be in high school.

Especially since it sounds like you want a slice of life show about dealing with depression, when most SOL shows are made to be optimistic as fuck.
>>
File: 1441497545779.jpg (23KB, 229x231px) Image search: [Google]
1441497545779.jpg
23KB, 229x231px
>>137511263
>>>/wsr/

Also the plural of anime is anime.

But seriously, Honey and Clover, and Planetes
>>
>>137512027
I can't say I'm surprised. It's just weird to think that out of all the animes out there, none are really like NHK. I guess that's what makes NHK so special though.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>137512176
lol, like I said before, I'm new to the whole anime thing.
>>
>>137512218
Tatami Galaxy is about a boy with depression, but again there's a fantastical element to it. Still a good watch though.
>>
>>137512304
>>137512218
Tatami Galaxy is pretty much exactly what you want, but not nearly as depressing.
>>
>>137512304
>>137512447
I think I tried watching that one before, but the main character was talking really fast. Since you suggested it though, I shall try once more <3
>>
>>137501892
Manga is literally the worst of the three versions.
It went on a completely different direction that butchered the point of the story.

You watch the anime for the OST and extra arcs and then read the LN to go more in depth, manga is completely unnecessary.
>>
File: itstoolate.png (25KB, 385x221px) Image search: [Google]
itstoolate.png
25KB, 385x221px
>>137501741
>>
>>137504051
>You're not going home a loser!
Was the line that got me.
>>137502117
Yes.
>>
I watch this every time I'm depressed, it helps me get my shit together.

My life isn't bad now like it was the first time I watched it.
>>
If started off amazingly, I had to drop everything to keep watching the first few episodes. But then it feels like whoever wrote this didn't have enough solid ideas for the premise. First of all, >MMOs in anime. Then, things like all of them falling for the pyramid scheme. It's just not believable. It went back to being good in the climax, but the actual ending is shitty.
>>
>>137512827
Read the LN, both the MMO arc and the pyramid scheme are anime originals. Though I actually laughed my ass off at the MMO arc because I could identify with falling for an MMO character.

And the ending is excellent, it's even better in the LN, since it got the point through much better.

Skip the manga, it turns into a different thing altogether after a certain point, ending was unrealistic bullshit.
>>
>>137512950
>ending was unrealistic bullshit.
You mean reality?
Let's see what is so unrealistic about it.
>moves back in with parents
Pretty realistic
>Gets the girl, but she is kind of shitty and you don't know it it ends well.
Pretty realistic
>Sort of chase your dreams, but they aren't nearly as awesome as you thought.
Pretty realistic

The anime was way too "everything works out in the end!"
>>
>>137501741
It gets repetitive exhausting avenues for escapism, but the core work is pretty good.
>>
>>137513083
>The anime was way too "everything works out in the end!"
That's the manga ending, manga ending was a generic happy ending where everyone got what they wanted and solved their problems with no consequences. It's literally the opposite of the LN ending.

Anime ending actually leaves most things to imagination and is closer to the LN ending, Satou is getting better one step at a time and he gets a night job, Misaki is just finishing school but is still hinted that she needs him to be stable. It's actually the opposite of what you said, not everything works out perfectly.
>>
Does the girl fuck someone else that isn't the MC?
>>
>>137513250
I think she did in the manga iirc.
>>
>>137511263
Naruto deals with our daily struggles to believe it.
>>
It's certainly welcoming
>>
>>137501741
Edgy entry-level shit for /v/ faggots who pity themselves.
>>
Yes.

Anime > LN > Manga
>>
>>137513395
>entry-level
>implying any normalfag can even understand what Satou is going through
Are you fucking new?
>>
>>137513437
it's cheap self-inserting at best.

It's one of those anime that people watch early on since: "I am depressed, please recomand med some anime /v/! I have seen clannad, angel beats and ano hana"
>>
>>137513557
You're retarded, people who can't identify with Satou would not enjoy this at all, unlike the other stuff you mentioned.
>>
>>137513557

The last two you mentioned are overrated garbage, anon. Don't put them with Clannad.
>>
>>137513630
You don't need to be able to relate to something to enjoy it. People like to root for the underdog. Satou is in trouble, you want to see how he deals with it.
>>
>>137513673
And he deals with it in a pathetic way, there is no rooting here, the only enjoyment you can get from NHK it's from relating to him and maybe getting some introspection on your life.
>>
>>137512304
>>137512447

NHK is a lot better than Tatami Galaxy, desu senpai. It's still a decent watch, but I've yet to see anything truly similar to NHK.
>>
>>137501741
Probably, I've never seen it though. Every screencap I've seen is so hauntingly relatable that I dare not watch the real thing.
>>
>>137513777
The point is that he is presented with a problem and that is in itself interesting. It doesn't matter how or even if he deals with it. How elitist do you have to be?
>>
>>137513853
Yeah if you watch the real thing theres only a few things that can come from it. A. Suicide B. Feeling like an even bigger piece of shit than usual or C. It inspires you to make better life choices
>>
>>137513630
>>137513777

Almost every fucking faggot ever self-proclaims depression, you're not a special snowflake anon. If you're on /a/ and you're "depressed" since you're a fucking worthless human being, you're doing it wrong. Please stop posting and go back to your baww threads.

Also, of course no one outside people who blatantly goes fanboy on the anime would enjoy it. Since it's objectively on the lower scale of "mediocre" when it comes down to it. If the only thing an anime has is one feature that the edgy teenagers who just finished high-school and just want to sit home and play videogames and watch anime would like, it doesn't have much going for it.
>>
>>137513880
You're calling me elitist? You're the one that called it entry level, you goddamn hypocrite.
>>
>>137501741
It's amazing. Though I cannot bring myself to rewatch it because I can relate it to it on a level that is actually very painful. When I saw it about 3 years ago I couldn't stop crying, I couldn't imagine how I would feel watching it now knowing that nothing has changed for me.
>>
>>137513961
At this point, you're just shitposting.
>>
>>137513963
That's not me. I'm talking specifically about it being open to everyone. Like, Jesus. That other guy is right, though. Everyone here should be the same.
>>
>>137501741
fuck off and watch it, if you can't make your own opinion you're a tasteless faggot.
>>
File: nhk_v08c036p30.jpg (107KB, 728x1044px) Image search: [Google]
nhk_v08c036p30.jpg
107KB, 728x1044px
Misaki is superior in the manga. She's not just some generic cute and innocent girl trying to save the protagonist with pure love. She's actually quite batshit insane, manipulative, obsessed and has a serious condition of vitriolic disorder.
>>
>>137514079
You didn't actually watch the anime, did you?
>>
>>137513961
You're an autistic faggot anon holy shit.
>>
>>137514079
Shes all of those things in the anime too. Did you even watch it?
>>
>>137514021
>That's not me. I'm talking specifically about it being open to everyone.
I can see his problem being interesting but I don't see how anyone could enjoy this without relating to Satou. I've seen and read many normalfags just talking about how pathetic he is without understanding the root of his problems, and only laughing at shit like the Akihabara chapter or "lol he likes an MMO character XD"

And considering the production values are shit, if you don't derive enjoyment of the writing then why would you ever watch this, as it's only redeeming factors are the writing and the OST.

>That other guy is right, though. Everyone here should be the same.
I never said people who could relate to him were special or anything.
>>
>>137514079

Manga is the worst of the three, anon. Deviates the most of all, and shit ending.
>>
>>137514149
You should already know what type of person that is that will give you those kind of responses. Don't bother bringing it up here.
>>
Dropped it after the first episode. It just seems like wish fulfillment horse crap. Cute girl shows up and wants to fix you. Garbage. If the show aired this season everyone would hate it.
>>
>>137514237
I don't know if you're just that sort of asshole who posts in a thread without reading it or if you're just baiting but that's not what the story is.
>>
>>137514237
You're very wrong. Its quite the opposite of wish fulfillment and "cute girl shows up and wants to fix you." unless wish fulfillment to you is being a loser.
>>
>>137514237
Only the manga has actual wish fulfillment for Satou.

Anime ends with him getting a night job and slowly getting his shit together.

LN ends with him kinda getting his shit together but still being a NEET and not sure when his life is going to turn into shit again, so he'll just live it one day at a time.
>>
>>137514383
I liked the LN the most.
>>
File: nhk_v08c036p26.jpg (87KB, 728x1096px) Image search: [Google]
nhk_v08c036p26.jpg
87KB, 728x1096px
>>137513282
She doesn't.
>>
I can't watch this show without feeling like I"m going to burst emotionally. Satou's struggle hits too close to home even after several years passing since I first watched it.
>>
>>137514079
Spoken like a true swedish.
>>
>>137504370
This
>>
>>137516447
this. All the emotions that was included in the series and the main focus on satous struggle is what is making it so appealing. Its a shame that there are not more series which deal with social anxiety like this one
>>
>>137512656
This.
I tried to read it but the characters were so different.
>>
bump for Misaki
>>
Why is the OST so good?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ei2izPLpHc
>>
File: 1455469490088.png (50KB, 1127x382px) Image search: [Google]
1455469490088.png
50KB, 1127x382px
>>137513557
Fucking /a/
>>
>>137520977
what does this even means?
>>
Just finished the 6th volume(chapter 30). Why the fuck is there NTR?
The scene could have been a good ending point for the manga, but of course the other hikki has to butt in.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.