[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baki

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 20

File: BAKI22-177.jpg (282KB, 782x1212px) Image search: [Google]
BAKI22-177.jpg
282KB, 782x1212px
Yo, so this is the absolute proof that Wild Fang translations had no fucking idea what they were doing. They input a faux Confucius quote here, instead of translating possibly the easiest phrase they could have managed.

>baka da ze... anta
>Quite the idiot, aren't you?

This does not translate into:

>"The man that doesn't know his own limits is a fucking idiot"...
>...Confucius.

If this is any indication of the rest of their translations, I don't think anything we read from them can be trusted to be accurate.

so help me God, I'll get this shit retranslated sooner or later. Shit takes time, so don't expect anything soon.
>>
File: img000016.jpg (288KB, 782x1212px) Image search: [Google]
img000016.jpg
288KB, 782x1212px
>>
Shit like this is my main fear reading translations , bless you on your mision my man
>>
File: baki.jpg (531KB, 757x1200px) Image search: [Google]
baki.jpg
531KB, 757x1200px
>>137371476

if it's just about text bubbles, you could probably get some people to clean a few chapters quite easily. The problem is of course if it's worth it to re-translate 276 chapters over some minor errors that does not change the manga as a whole.
>>
File: wildfangpoop.jpg (110KB, 698x1100px) Image search: [Google]
wildfangpoop.jpg
110KB, 698x1100px
What about this one
>>
I thought everyone knew WFP had absolutely no idea what they were doing.
>>
File: hanmabaki05-092.jpg (424KB, 927x1400px) Image search: [Google]
hanmabaki05-092.jpg
424KB, 927x1400px
>>137372602
We did, but we never actually tested it to see how it stood up. I knew there wouldn't be a Confucius quote there, I just didn't expect it to be that idiotic of a difference. Anyone who can read hiragana/katakana knows exactly what that says. Were they machines all along, or...?

Regardless, I'll try to figure something out to remedy this shit. I'm still pissed about them switching between Sikorsky and Silcolski or fucking whatever all the time.

>>137372567
once again, I downloaded the wrong fucking volume, give me a bit

here's a pretty Che to tide you over
>>
>>137374034
He may not even be nicknamed Che really or say che and pibe as a verbal tick
>>
File: file120.jpg (359KB, 912x1400px) Image search: [Google]
file120.jpg
359KB, 912x1400px
>>137374849
His character is literally a parody of Che; I'm calling him Che even if word of god says otherwise. You wouldn't call Jack Hanma "Jack Hamma".

As for the tics, I just checked. Holy fuck, I'm gonna snap the Wild Fang's leader in half if I ever find him. Look at this.

Che's lines are "Good morning, Mister Baki! Welcome."
Baki's thoughts are 90% accurate, but it would be hard to fuck even that up. Dunno how they did it.

So the tics are just some Wild Fang bullshit to add flair. I won't say it's not pleasant - I rather like the idea of him being a catchphrase-type weirdo - but it sure as shit ain't what he says in the manga.
>>
Is Baki ever gonna have another anime? A reboot where nothing gets skipped and starts at the karate tournament would be good.
>>
File: file121.jpg (335KB, 912x1400px) Image search: [Google]
file121.jpg
335KB, 912x1400px
>>137375364
Oh - but he does call Bush "Boshu", so I guess "Bosch" could fit, but it's more practical of the Nips to use "Boshu" than "Bushu", so it probably is better translated as just Bush. So that's another point against them for whenever they used Bosch.
>>
>>137371476
but are they worse than mangastream?
>>
>>137375599
They literally created a dialect for a character for no reason other than to make him sound more authentic and blatantly mistranslated lines. MS at least takes the time to think through what they're doing and make a decision based on thoughts rather than blind, sudden impulses. You can call them "Niggastream" and whine about over-localized translations all you want, but at least they actually convey the correct message in the correct bubble. Che's translated second line in >>137375364 is completely fabricated; just some shit they made up to make him sound like a Cuban.
>>
File: ichidoreichanshit.jpg (440KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ichidoreichanshit.jpg
440KB, 1600x900px
>>137375364
It's really unbelievable how everyone thinks Ichido Reichan is a moron.
When you google him and WFP, all you get is people bitching about how awful they are, no matter what time or site

I think he might still be around, saw something on the mangafox forums about Shin Garouden

I want this page scanned clean
>>
>>137375594
are those giants?
>>
File: 113.jpg (274KB, 764x1200px) Image search: [Google]
113.jpg
274KB, 764x1200px
>>137375757
I never bothered doing any research into them until now beyond knowing that people thought they were Jews. It's wonderful now knowing that everybody hates/hated them.

I think the Shin Garouden scans are on the sites I'm using, might be able to convince Spiny to do it if people show enough interest, idk.

Fuck me, this is what a series 2 page looks like without cleaning. I would almost rather kill myself than try to figure this shit out, but somebody's gotta do it. I'll find a masochistic cleaner somewhere... somehow.
>>
File: 111.jpg (337KB, 764x1200px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
337KB, 764x1200px
>>137375812
Baki is 5'6, Che is like 6'2, the other guy is 7' something iirc. It's the typical mangaka downsize issue. Milly Thompson from Trigun is fucking 5'6.

Regardless, you're right, there is still a slight bit of a proportional issue there. May be a stylistic choice, since he's being introduced to an overwhelming opponent, but it's just as well the alternative.

The idea of cleaning this is giving me cancer.
>>
>>137375960
>might be able to convince Spiny to do it if people show enough interest, idk.
B A K I D O M O E
>>
>>137376606
Post a comment on the 73 release or something if you want it to happen. Or just message him on Facebook, he responds really quick to that shit.

He likes his readers, and I don't think it would overload him to add something silly to the lineup. Might even take some of his stress off, actually.
>>
>>137376792
The way it looks is that if you mention what manga you want he'll get to it as a way of showing thanks for keeping the site up?

I need an oly bar and weights for that nigga
ain't got no money for japanese comics
or money at all because not in employment education or training at the moment
>>
>>137377181
>The way it looks is that if you mention what manga you want he'll get to it as a way of showing thanks for keeping the site up?
p much. It's a nice way to go about things.

just whenever you get a dollar or two to spare, throw it his way I guess
shit accumulates over time, y'know?
>>
File: musashi certain kill.jpg (193KB, 434x518px) Image search: [Google]
musashi certain kill.jpg
193KB, 434x518px
>>137377364
Too much of a manchild to have digital funds

I need a link to the good series 4 raws(not umaru), we're being outmemed by the Japanese who have years of experience making dumb Baki edits. I will compete with them
>>
File: FORESHADOWING.jpg (159KB, 750x1173px) Image search: [Google]
FORESHADOWING.jpg
159KB, 750x1173px
>>137377524
Aight, but there's only up to Volume 9 scanned and not plastered over by Chinese/Korean.

http://raw-jp.com/?p=47802
>>
Baki is one of those series I've been meaning to read but haven't because I heard how horrible the translations were.
>>
File: img000010 (20).jpg (102KB, 750x1173px) Image search: [Google]
img000010 (20).jpg
102KB, 750x1173px
>>137377780
They get much better later on. They're definitely mostly *readable*, it just occasionally takes the wind out of the sails when a massive, overbearing guy shows up and an announcer screams out (translated): "THE PINNACLE OF STREGNHT HAS ARRIVED! IT HIS NAME IS HANMA YUUJIRO!"

Occasions like that are extremely infrequent, but they do happen. Basically if you don't really care about the first series (you shouldn't), you can just watch the anime. The translations for the first series are absolute trash until like the latest 15 chapters. By no means will I ever defend what Wild Fang did to Son of Ogre, but I think they did an *acceptable* job with the second series.

All-in-all, if you can stomach translations being a little dumber than you might be used to, you should read the series. The art makes up for it a lot of the time. Pic related is probably one of the least favorable translated pages that I have on hand. Take a good look at it and ask yourself if you can handle shit a little above that quality for 100+ volumes. If you can, you can; if you can't, you can't.
>>
File: kakulickaroo.jpg (685KB, 831x1200px) Image search: [Google]
kakulickaroo.jpg
685KB, 831x1200px
>>137377611
Behold
It was a mistake to ask me to help overthrow spiny with cleaning or anything really
>>
File: 1453720602265.jpg (46KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453720602265.jpg
46KB, 720x480px
>>137378915
>It was a mistake to ask me to help overthrow spiny with cleaning or anything really
c'est la vie
there's always cleaners and translators on /a/, just gotta convince one of each to care enough about the series to work on it

nigh-impossible as that sounds, I cite West Side Story:
>Somewhere
>There's a time for us
>Someday there'll be time for us
>Time together and time to spare
>Time to learn, time to care
>Someday, somewhere

So yeah, eventually someone will get around to it, me or otherwise.
>>
File: 20120809215420660.jpg (296KB, 700x569px) Image search: [Google]
20120809215420660.jpg
296KB, 700x569px
>>137379032
I don't think Baki is dank enough for most of /a/

I honestly only ever remember seeing threads regularly in 2009ish, probably 08 too. Haven't seen any threads until I decided to read it. It's not that I don't pay attention to what's going on, but user interest was very very sparse
>>
I downloaded this from kami some time ago, it has really shit translations
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.