[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What works of literature would you love to see as anime? And

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 16

File: yuuki_hyperion.jpg (232KB, 1024x1299px) Image search: [Google]
yuuki_hyperion.jpg
232KB, 1024x1299px
What works of literature would you love to see as anime? And why is it still not a thing?
I'll start with the obvious
>>
File: Wheel_of_time_orbit_banner.png (135KB, 2000x1797px) Image search: [Google]
Wheel_of_time_orbit_banner.png
135KB, 2000x1797px
Wheel of Time
Because it'd be too long and it isn't Japanese, like most good literature.
>>
>>137288507
Hyperion's apparently gonna be a live action TV show on SyFy or whatever it's called. The entire cantos is one hell of a ride but man there were some boring sections like almost all of Raul's solo journey
>>
>>137288991
>SyFy
Cool joke, anon, but don't scare me like that again
>>
File: 1400130329848.jpg (83KB, 492x700px) Image search: [Google]
1400130329848.jpg
83KB, 492x700px
D U N E
U
N
E
>>
>>137289041
http://arstechnica.co.uk/the-multiverse/2015/06/syfy-to-adapt-and-film-dan-simmons-hyperion-as-an-event-series/

your disbelief is understandable
>>
File: IMG_20160210_191526.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160210_191526.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
>>
>>137288507
Heart of Darkness.
>>
>>137289071
Great fake link, anon
Eheheheheheheh
heheh
>>
>>137289080
Does this ever get good? I got about 100 pages in before giving up on all the disconnected and uninteresting stories.

Red Rising would adapt well to anime.
>>
File: Space-Captain-Harlock.jpg (50KB, 600x368px) Image search: [Google]
Space-Captain-Harlock.jpg
50KB, 600x368px
>>137289080
He said literature anon, not your shitty science fiction books, we already have those as anime, pic related.
>>
File: one-hundred-years-of-solitude.jpg (408KB, 732x1125px) Image search: [Google]
one-hundred-years-of-solitude.jpg
408KB, 732x1125px
>>
>>137289233
>>>/lit/
>>
>>137289223
It all gets tied together eventually and I loved it.
>>
File: 1445867087206.gif (386KB, 420x240px) Image search: [Google]
1445867087206.gif
386KB, 420x240px
>>137289233
>>
>>137288507
>>137288991

Hyperion by Sunrise would be pretty damn good but each part has a different tone and would probably need to be done by separate studios in the creative process, Kassad's story would look amazing especially if it had been done by Satoshi Kon or Otomo. Anyway here's some novels I think would work well as anime:

Arthurian myths by WMT
I Am A Cat
Gormenghast
Book of the New Sun
Valerie and Her Week of Wonders
The Dark Tower
The Talisman/Black House
Snow Crash
Dhalgren
Paradise Lost
In Search of Lost Time by WMT
>>
120 days of sodom.
>>
>>137289489
Snow Crash would be great.

Anything by Stephenson or Gibson would really lend itself to anime quite well. Specially since most of the cyberpunk anime we get for anime is incredibly existential hipster nonsense trying to ape GitS, or wacky anime antics alla Bubblegum Crisis.

Compare that with making an anime movie based on the plot of Neuromancer, a futuristic and grim heist movie? sign me up.
>>
You know, Brave New World would make for a rather fucked up anime movie.

Not only is there a new MC halfway through the story, but he kills himself after having a massive orgy. Two things Otaku dream about right there!
>>
>>137290040
Yeah I think it'd do well in animated form.
>>
File: 001302_1[1].jpg (298KB, 1250x1245px) Image search: [Google]
001302_1[1].jpg
298KB, 1250x1245px
the silmarillion
since the expulsion of the higher elves who lived in valinor to the destruction of ancalagon by earendil
>>
>all this genre fiction
>puking_meguca.jpg
If I wanted more genre fiction shit I would be watching shitty anime
>>
>>137290936
What would you want then?
>>
>>137290982
I was just shitposting man. But to be serious?
The Western Canon but with everyone replaced by lolis.
>>
>>137291269
>Western Canon

get the fuck out you fucking pleb shit
>>
>>137291302
S-Sorry.
>>
>>137288507
>>/lit/
>>
>>137289401
pleb.
>>
File: wysr warriors.png (1MB, 760x1130px) Image search: [Google]
wysr warriors.png
1MB, 760x1130px
Alright you hipster fucks, I'm going to show you the only worthwhile western literature to be adapted into an anime or manga format. You autists clearly do not understand what would make a good manga or animaton adaptation that would actually sell. All you fags are just talking about your shitty science fiction "deep" novels that only you have read. I'm here to tell you what should truly be adapted into an anime and be successful enough to have continuations.

Get ready to self-insert as a fucking house cat you NEETs because I'm going to tell you about motherfucking Warriors. No, I don't mean those wimpy-ass English boys running around in armor smacking eachother with their aluminum swords. I'm talking about feral cats living in a forest with their loyal clanmates, ripping enemy clan members' throats out in life-or-death battles. No pussy shit here (pun fucking intended), only the most brutal and savage story you can find about felines. The main character is a normal housecat (aka your shitty self-insert) who wants to be free from his boring life of being his human's bitch, so he ventures into the forest and meets one of these badass feral cats. From then on, he is thrown into an epic adventure as he faces the cats of enemy clans, and a traitorous cat in his own damn clan. With each character having a variety of kickass names from Tigerclaw to motherfucking Talon of Swooping Eagle, you'll be sure to get hooked on this series even more than your favorite shit for literature. You'll want to read all of her books. Damn right, all 36+ motherfucking books you worthless shits. Not even including the books that aren't in the main series. Read them all, and avoid your pretentious hipster garbage.
>>
Imagine how fucking funny the Xanth series would be as an anime.
>>
I finally got around to reading Hyperion recently and I don't think I'd want to watch it as an anime

SyFy's Childhood's End was pretty shit too, so I'm not sure if I'll watch their adaptation either.
>>
Blindsight by Peter Watts would at least be interesting
>>
The Dresden Files is anime as fuck. So is that one series with the slutty necromancer chick who gets seduced by some french vampire and then gets double teamed by him and her other lover who's a schoolteacher/werewolf because magic.
>>
The end of eternity.
>>
The Divine Comedy but with lolis.
>>
>>137294162
Is that The Hollows series, or the Anita Blake ones?
>>
>>137294209
So dante is a cute loli? What about Cicero?
>>
Asimov's Black Widower stories as a series of shorts.
>>
>>137294256

No, Dante is the male self-insert MC.

Everyone else gets turned into a loli.
>>
>>137294432
That'll sell like shit. Also what about paradiso and purgatorio?
>>
File: dorian gray.jpg (72KB, 462x352px) Image search: [Google]
dorian gray.jpg
72KB, 462x352px
>>137288507

>Then he leaped up and went to the door. "Yes," he cried, "you have killed my love. You used to stir my imagination. Now you don't even stir my curiosity. You simply produce no effect. I loved you because you were marvellous, because you had genius and intellect, because you realized the dreams of great poets and gave shape and substance to the shadows of art. You have thrown it all away. You are shallow and stupid. My God! how mad I was to love you! What a fool I have been! You are nothing to me now. I will never see you again. I will never think of you. I will never mention your name. You don't know what you were to me, once. Why, once . . . Oh, I can't bear to think of it! I wish I had never laid eyes upon you! You have spoiled the romance of my life. How little you can know of love, if you say it mars your art! Without your art, you are nothing. I would have made you famous, splendid, magnificent. The world would have worshipped you, and you would have borne my name. What are you now? A third-rate actress with a pretty face."

>The girl grew white, and trembled. She clenched her hands together, and her voice seemed to catch in her throat. "You are not serious, Dorian?" she murmured. "You are acting."

>"Acting! I leave that to you. You do it so well," he answered bitterly.
>>
>>137294548

Don't underestimate Nippon, senpai.

Every episode will show the different levels of loli suffering an pleasure. The indifferent lolis will suffer a lot.

Eventually the anime will diverge from the source material and Dante will kill God with a Katana and become God himself.
>>
File: doriangray-01.jpg (25KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
doriangray-01.jpg
25KB, 500x620px
>>137294621

>She rose from her knees and, with a piteous expression of pain in her face, came across the room to him. She put her hand upon his arm and looked into his eyes. He thrust her back. "Don't touch me!" he cried.

>A low moan broke from her, and she flung herself at his feet and lay there like a trampled flower. "Dorian, Dorian, don't leave me!" she whispered. "I am so sorry I didn't act well. I was thinking of you all the time. But I will try--indeed, I will try. It came so suddenly across me, my love for you. I think I should never have known it if you had not kissed me-- if we had not kissed each other. Kiss me again, my love. Don't go away from me. I couldn't bear it. Oh! don't go away from me. My brother . . . No; never mind. He didn't mean it. He was in jest. . . . But you, oh! can't you forgive me for to-night? I will work so hard and try to improve. Don't be cruel to me, because I love you better than anything in the world. After all, it is only once that I have not pleased you. But you are quite right, Dorian. I should have shown myself more of an artist. It was foolish of me, and yet I couldn't help it. Oh, don't leave me, don't leave me." A fit of passionate sobbing choked her. She crouched on the floor like a wounded thing, and Dorian Gray, with his beautiful eyes, looked down at her, and his chiselled lips curled in exquisite disdain. There is always something ridiculous about the emotions of people whom one has ceased to love. Sibyl Vane seemed to him to be absurdly melodramatic. Her tears and sobs annoyed him.

>"I am going," he said at last in his calm clear voice. "I don't wish to be unkind, but I can't see you again. You have disappointed me."

>She wept silently, and made no answer, but crept nearer. Her little hands stretched blindly out, and appeared to be seeking for him. He turned on his heel and left the room. In a few moments he was out of the theatre.
>>
>>137294704
So loli ahegaos?
>>
File: dantes_inferno_bluray.jpg (127KB, 455x600px) Image search: [Google]
dantes_inferno_bluray.jpg
127KB, 455x600px
>>137294209

Already been done
>>
>>137294758

Pretty much but it will be covered in a thick coat of pseudo-intellectual bullshit and pretentiousness.
>>
>>137294846
Nice,nice.
>>
Milton's Paradise Lost by shaft would be amazing. Satan being a girl of course would be needed. Imagine him giving the speech where he decides to go fuck up Adam and Eve in the beginning as a cute girl.
>>
>>137294217
I don't care if I sound like a fujoshit but the first Anita Blake book (Guilty Pleasures) would make a great anime series. It even has a 1000 year old loli vampire and her sex butler as the main antagonists.
>>
File: 61JPcCSRAXL.jpg (126KB, 632x1145px) Image search: [Google]
61JPcCSRAXL.jpg
126KB, 632x1145px
seems interesting if done right but my just turn into edgy stuff
>>
>>137294126
The first season of the expanse was really good thou
>>
bridge to terabithia
>>
File: keitai4.jpg (96KB, 332x500px) Image search: [Google]
keitai4.jpg
96KB, 332x500px
>>137288507
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139/
>>
>>137294217
Anita Blake
>>
>>137295078
I don't get why this is a meme, chuunibyo aside seems like a pretty interesting story.
>>
>>137295078
>https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139/
Threadly reminder that Abdiel is dead
>>
I have no mouth and I must scream
>>
>not wanting a moefication of War and Peace.

Just imagine all the NTR shitposting because of Pierre and Natascha.
>>
For the fact that Japan loves Alice in Wonderland quite a lot there wasn't an Alice anime for 30 years now.
>>
>>137288507
THOSE FUCKING PROPORTIONS
Holy shit.
>>
File: doat.jpg (42KB, 300x467px) Image search: [Google]
doat.jpg
42KB, 300x467px
The 11's have the silliest covers.
>>
>>137294964
Infinite Ryvius my man
>>
>>
>>137288507
Memoirs Found in a Bathtub in ABe style
C-22 in the style of Mind Game
>>
>>137289489
>Book of the New Sun
Loli Severian would be nice.
>>
Not neccesarily an adaptation of any of his specific works, but maybe an anime with an original cast taking place in the Lovecraft universe. Not shit like Haiyore tho.
>>
>>137294003
That's actually a good idea, i liked those books as kid.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.