[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I meant to like this character? >whole rest of the show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 117877.jpg (36KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
117877.jpg
36KB, 225x350px
Am I meant to like this character?
>whole rest of the show presents most characters as vulnerable or at the very least capable of getting their ass kicked
>this guy just godmodes his way through every fight
I was talking with my friends and they all thought he was a great character, a lot of people really love him. Why?
>>
to be fair

he doesn't have much role or importance in the anime.
>>
File: claire square.png (88KB, 230x264px) Image search: [Google]
claire square.png
88KB, 230x264px
>>137261227
Funnily enough, he can actually solo every single person in his series within 30 pages.

I think people like him because his personality is relatively original. There aren't many characters that are arrogant to the point where its impossible for them to doubt themselves and to the point that he believes he is the reason why his universe exists.

I can see why you would dislike him though. Even the author has said that he will never write a story with him as the main character because it would be pretty boring, given that he would just steamroll any opposition he faces. Luckily he really doesn't have too much a part in the many different stories in the series. He is only important in like 5 or 6 of the 20 or so light novels that are out right now.
>>
>>137262251
being OP doesnt make him a bad character
>>
>>137261227
Being broken doesn't necessarily make a character bad. He's a pretty secondary presence anyway, and his introduction was a nice little twist. From most character's point of view he's like a supernatural phenomenon anyway, and his charismatic personality contrasts with that in a charming way so it's no wonder most people will like him.
>>
File: Naritavers2.png (13KB, 488x180px) Image search: [Google]
Naritavers2.png
13KB, 488x180px
>>137261227
Claire can solo all Baccano cast and clear most of the verse.
>>
>>137261227
It's okay to have characters like him in a non-battle anime. If done right, they can be fun. He's pretty flat though.
>>
>>137264078
>Flat

You never read Baccano right?
>>
>>137262977
lot of broken characters that are popular in their series

>Accelerator
>Gilgamesh
>Kumagawa and Ajimu
>Sesshomaru
>Hiko Seijiro
>>
>>137264295
yeah but almost all those characters get rekt at one point or another
this is a character that could never lose to anyone in his universe
>>
>>137264368
touche

except Seijiro
>>
>>137264295
Gilgamesh, Accelerator, Kumagawa and Ajimu are all jobbers.

Sesshomaru loses but he's not really made to job like the others above, Seijiro is top tier.
>>
>>137264295
>Accelerator
Believe me, he isn't broken.
>>
>>137264295
Kumagawa is justified.
>>
>>137261227
If every character in the show was like him I'd enjoyed Baccano more to be quite honest.

Miriam (Miria - a name like that doesn't exist) and Isaac were (btw both old Abrahamic names so it's all good now) were kinda like him but, like the other side of it, they were too ridiculous to die, if a boulder fell on them they'd probably turn into pancakes crawl out from under it and inflate themselves back to normal size at a gas station.

I've never hid it while talking to any of my weeab friends I watched this for Claire and those two, it's nothing to be embarrassed about, it's so hard for japs to make good over the top characters, that it only makes sense you'd gravitate to them.

The whole "flat" argument is one of those generic retarded arguments hipsters try to perpetuate - you have to understand autists - 99.99% of anime watchers don't watch these cartoons for multidimensional characters and realism.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (37KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
37KB, 384x313px
>>137261227

There's nothing wrong with broken characters, I usually like them more because the power up variable of their equation is out of the window and this open up more possibilities for character development if compared to the MC.

Clair wasn't even a plot device, he was just there minding his own shit but some assholes decided it would be fun to mess with him. He's pretty much like a wild animal, pure in essence but capable of doing some brutal shit.
>>
Speaking of Baccano, anyone know where translated volumes 11-20 are ? I know that 10 is being translated and I found one place with the links to these vols, but they were dead.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.