[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Goku's morality
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: GzDTppS.png (779 KB, 1277x703) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
GzDTppS.png
779 KB, 1277x703
People always take this scene to mean that Goku is a stereotypical Saiyan and always looking for a fight, and that's the only reason he spares people, and made up stuff about how he only thinks of his loved ones as "comrades" (how did that meme even blossom).

He was only trying to prevent Vegeta from blowing up another 40 people. He was a negotiator of a hostage situation, and rationalized that the death of one kai was necessary at that juncture to save that many. If anything it shows how serious Goku is about being good.

Don't forget, he gave Frieza the "I am the light of the world, I am justice, helper of the poor and innocent, I am Truth" speech in the manga as well.
>>
>>137239484
> and made up stuff about how he only thinks of his loved ones as "comrades" (how did that meme even blossom).

Toriyama started that meme

>He was only trying to prevent Vegeta from blowing up another 40 people. He was a negotiator of a hostage situation, and rationalized that the death of one kai was necessary at that juncture to save that many. If anything it shows how serious Goku is about being good.

I think it's actually both your first and second point.

>Don't forget, he gave Frieza the "I am the light of the world, I am justice, helper of the poor and innocent, I am Truth" speech in the manga as well.

No he absolutely did not.
>>
>>137239484
>Don't forget, he gave Frieza the "I am the light of the world, I am justice, helper of the poor and innocent, I am Truth" speech in the manga as well.
He didn't, he just went "I am a calm warrior awakened by anger, I'm SonGoku the Super Saiyan".

I think Goku has some morality, he wants to avenge the loss of his loved one (and yeah he loves them they're not just comrades) and he wants to protect the Earth but he's not a Superman-like superhero that's all about justice. Basically he's a good guy who lives his life doing his stuff and sometimes has to go save the world.
>>
Nope.

From Toriyama himself:

>There’s how, basically, Son Goku from Dragon Ball doesn’t fight for the sake of others, but because he wants to fight against strong guys. So once Dragon Ball got animated, at any rate, I’ve always been dissatisfied with the “righteous hero”-type portrayal they gave him. I guess I couldn’t quite get them to grasp the elements of “poison” that slip in and out of sight among the shadows.
>>
>>137240768
>>137240774
>>137240787
Ah, I see. Thank you for enlightening me. All in the same minute. Within 30 seconds. Never had such a wide cache of green text and comment variety before.
>>
>>137240969
>>137240969
DB has a dedicated fan base anon
>>
The point of the scene was the show that Kaioushin like the majority of the gods in DB's universe are selfish, self-centered assholes who don't give a shit about mortals, for long as bad shit doesn't happens to them.

It was the same with Kaio, who, like Kaioushin, was fully aware that Freeza's empire was raping the galaxy for free, for possibly generations, but gave zero shits because it wasn't happening in their neighborhood.

Even later, during the Buu saga, we see the same kind of selfish, self-servicing attitude out of Enma, when he makes an exception and has Vegeta resurrected, for a single day, via 'Baba, to fight Super Buu, after Gotenks and seemingly Gohan fails, whereas Piccolo explains to Vegeta earlier, before going to face Majin Buu, that due to all his evil deeds, throughout his life, along with killing those people at the arena, that he would not only lose his body, after getting sent straight to hell, his soul would get cleansed without exception.

Goku morality shouldn't even be questioned when he's dealt with literal gods who were so up their own ass with their selfishness, even if Kaio is one of Goku's buddies.

Also, Toriyama has stated that Goku loves fighting, and is literally hardwired to seek bigger and better opponents regardless if he can compete, yet he also will defend his family and friends when facing an unrelenting force (see, Beerus during Battle of Gods). Goku has been shown thinking of his friends and family, despite being a fight junkie.
>>
>>137242006
>It was the same with Kaio, who, like Kaioushin, was fully aware that Freeza's empire was raping the galaxy for free, for possibly generations, but gave zero shits because it wasn't happening in their neighborhood.

Kaio could never do anything to Freeza and Freeza did nothing wrong anyway he's just a politician

>The point of the scene was the show that Kaioushin like the majority of the gods in DB's universe are selfish, self-centered assholes who don't give a shit about mortals, for long as bad shit doesn't happens to them.

He actually did the right thing, Goku refusing to fight Vegeta or stalling for time would have prevented Buu from coming out, and he almost destroyed the entire universe after that (billions > hundreds of lives)

Enma did the right thing too, keeping Vegeta's body literally saved the universe
>>
>>137242102
>Kaio could never do anything to Freeza and Freeza did nothing wrong anyway he's just a politician

Yet Kaioshin could have, but didn't do shit, because, to his knowledge Freeza couldn't harm him.

>He actually did the right thing, Goku refusing to fight Vegeta or stalling for time would have prevented Buu from coming out, and he almost destroyed the entire universe after that (billions > hundreds of lives)

It literally only took SSJ 2 Goku and Majin Vegeta clashing for Majin Buu to be released. If Goku didn't force Kaioshin to back down, you can bet your ass Vegeta would have murdered him and forced Goku to fight regardless.
>>
>>137239484
bait
>>
>>137242006
Didn't Frieza have to go through Beerus before he could destroy planets?
>>
>>137242242
>Yet Kaioshin could have, but didn't do shit, because, to his knowledge Freeza couldn't harm him.
Yeah, Freeza did nothing wrong though, Kaioshin isn't the universe police he's a god after all, he just wants to prevent its destruction.

>It literally only took SSJ 2 Goku and Majin Vegeta clashing for Majin Buu to be released. If Goku didn't force Kaioshin to back down, you can bet your ass Vegeta would have murdered him and forced Goku to fight regardless.

They didn't know Buu would be released so quickly, and preventing his revival is absolute priority. But yeah Goku didn't have much of a choice.
>>
>>137242337
>Didn't Frieza have to go through Beerus before he could destroy planets?

no. only that freeza show beerus his proper respect while in his presence. the only thing that was agreed on is that getting rid of planet vegeta was a good idea.
>>
>>137242439
When was it shown? I've seen this for some time, but have no idea where was it stated and by whom
>>
File: kaios17.png (401 KB, 1025x1500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kaios17.png
401 KB, 1025x1500
>>137242006
>>137242102
>>137242242

>Implying the U6 Kaioshin aren't secretly the antagonist of DBS and aren't just biding their time.

>>137242499
>When was it shown? I've seen this for some time, but have no idea where was it stated and by whom

It's a line from Resurrection of F, where Beerus mentions as an aside that it was his idea to have Freeza destroy planet Vegeta. This is after Freeza notices Beerus and worries about whether or not Beerus would interfere with his revenge scheme.
>>
>>137242242
Kaioshin has the ability to instant transmit anywhere in the universe.

True he probably couldn't read Vegeta's mind, and wasn't about to sacrifice himself to grab Vegeta and warp into the sun's core, but Vegeta wouldn't have touched him. That's what Babidi would have wanted.
>>
>>137242856
Actually Kibito can do that if I'm not wrong.
Kaioshin is still pretty strong and managed to block SSJ2 Gohan an instant for Spopovitch to drain his energy. He also didn't go down directly against Buu.
>>
>>137242950
When Goku and Vegeta are discussing the plan to bring back earth, Goku says that Namek is too far away from otherworld. Only with a spaceship would they have a chance to make it far enough for him to sense it.

That's when Kaioshin steps in and says "But as a Supreme Kai, I have the power to teleport anywhere without discretion."

Also, cool. I didn't know that about him blocking Gohan.
>>
>>137243212
That's the earrings fusion of Kaioshin and Kibito, he got the technic from Kibito. That's also how Kibito could save Gohan after he was resurrected, he sensed him dying, teleported next to him and healed him.

I wonder how Kaioshin and Kibito being defused will impact DBS
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Thread DB ID: 510997



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.