[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last night, I finally sat down and watched Ghost in the Shell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (199KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199KB, 1600x1200px
Last night, I finally sat down and watched Ghost in the Shell and it's a movie I definitely should watch it again to understand. It's not a easy movie with every detail it holds. Not saying that it's bad, in fact, the more I think about it, the more I like the film. What do you guys think of this movie?
>>
I want them to animate the Major in her full lesbian glory.
>>
>>137232974
it's the best transhumanism anime film
Better than Akira if you ask me
Themes aside, it's just an overall the better sci-fi movie
>>
Can't say much since over discussed it in the past. It's a classic, great themes, characterization and content.
>>
>>137232974
Great cinematography, animation and visual design. Plot falls back to hard compared the rest. Exposition was too blatant and dialogue felt unnatural.
>>
>>137233850
I can see why it can sound unnatural but I see it fitting for a character like Major, which leads me to question her humanity, just like she questions herself.
>>
>>137232974
Fun little movie. I'd say it "got me into anime", but then again I never really "got into it". I like a few select cyberpunk movies and shows. Also, back when it came out I didn't even know what "anime" was. It was just a cyberpunk cartoon from a different country to me.
(thinly veiled request for recommendations)
Anyway, I like how the setting is presented. The movie actually takes the time to show off the city at length. It's also enjoyable that the world of GITS is not focused on the low-life part of cyberpunk (is it still cyberpunk then?), but instead explores cyberization and it's psychological effects in greater detail. The whole part about the AI turning sentient seems cliché by Today's standards, but it's very well done.
Besides that there's many more "subtle" messages about humanity enjoy and some interesting symbolism.
>>
>>137232974
Unlike what some idiot thinks, it doesn't argue against the existence of souls. If anything, it's dualistic in essence.

There was a popular video on youtube made by some edgy atheist who argued otherwise. Which is hilarious considering that the final act of the movie has religious imagery (particularly the rapture).
>>
>>137234270
It was more that it's constuction was unnatural. It fealt like a pre-prepared essay than a loose stream of thoughts. On top of that the fact that Batou was reactionless throughout most of it also felt odd. It just seemed in the end like they wanted to tell us what the film is supposed to be about rather than make us think about those ourselves.
>>
>>137234757
How would it argue against the existence of the soul? Isn't that basically what the Ghost is? The portion of data that makes you sentient and that, for some reason, can't be copied without both damaging the original and creating a flawed copy?
I mean, sure, there are probably reasons it's not called a 'soul', but the mysticism around the Ghost is analogous to that surrounding the concept of a soul.
I'm sorry, I'm asking you to repeat an argument that you don't agree with, but this interests me.
>>
>>137232974
Took me a second watch to really appreciate it and catch things such as the Major's ongoing identity crisis. It's probably my second favourite movie after EoE.
>>
>>137234936
I don't know. Some people are so adamantly obsessed with their own ideological nonsense that they just have to project the nonsense into every work of art they adore.

People do that with historical figures, myths, civilizations, etc...
>>
>>137234757
I didn't know that's even a theme in the show. Though the "ghost" everyone describes isn't anything spiritual, it's purely materialistic in nature. It's more akin to consciousness.
>>
File: Ghost in the Shell explained.png (2MB, 1624x4132px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost in the Shell explained.png
2MB, 1624x4132px
Pic related.
>>
>>137232974
It was the movie that got me into anime and manga. It was cool as fuck, had fucktons of dignity and still looks great.
>>
>>137235359
It is far from clear whether it's purely materialistic. In the manga it probably isn't.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.