[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>sell your sister's kimonos for 15 kg and give her children

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

>sell your sister's kimonos for 15 kg and give her children maybe 2 kg
>bitch endlessly about taking in war orphans, even though they're family
>let your 14-year-old nephew and your 4-year-old niece leave and just do whatever they want

What the fuck was her problem?
>>
>>136400855
They're weren't contributing to the country.
>>
>>136400855
It seems to be a common bit in anime where orphans are treated like cockroaches by their family until they come across MC who has a modicum of humanity

But I think this was based on the writer's personal history, so maybe his aunt was just a huge bitch
>>
>>136401006
Everyone is a huge bitch at the time of famine. Well, almost.
>>
Considering the fact they were being bombed and attacked, food was scare and rising in price. Therefore, she was panicking wondering how she will support her family and these two kids as well.

It is no wonder she bitched.
>>
>>136401105
The aunt was actually pretty well off. She was giving giant ass rice balls to her husband and daughter.

She was mad jealous that her sister married a heroic navy captain and her husband was a boring bureaucrat.
>>
This is why this movie got me more mad than sad, everyone is an asshole and the kids are retarded. Couldn't empathize with any character.
>>
>>136401285
Why? It made perfect sense.

The MC was from a proud navy family. With his dad gone, he wanted to be the father of the family. The aunt was kind of fucking him over, or at least didn't respect him as much as he thought he should be. She resented the honor associated with his military family. The MC wasn't going to stand for her insulting his pride so much. He was focused on keeping his sister happy and he didn't want to leave her alone.

The aunt is stressed out, and the kid is too proud. It's less feeling bad for the characters and more feeling bad for their circumstances.

In any case, the fucking 4 year old little girl did nothing wrong and suffered for it.
>>
>>136401481
Basically it's a movie about incest.
>>
>>136401481
The only non background character who wasn't retarded or a cunt was Setsuko, her mother and the lady at the school. The Aunt's husband and daughter were OK, but they didn't call the aunt out on her cuntery.
>>
>>136401285
Ask the local terrorists to bomb your place to gain the empathy effect.
>>
File: LOL.png (261KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.png
261KB, 600x400px
>mfw everyone thought this movie was about the tragedies of war
>mfw the creator actually said it was to teach the insolent modern generation of kids to respect their fucking elders
>>
File: 879789456346.jpg (52KB, 298x375px) Image search: [Google]
879789456346.jpg
52KB, 298x375px
>>136403489
>mfw you're only slightly correct
>>
>>136403489
>tfw he made 90% of the elders unforgivable jackasses that not even the most respectful children would show them respect.

You dun goofed, Takahata.
>>
>>136403586
What was the rest of it? Same poster, by the way. I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>136403489
>the creator actually said it was to teach the insolent modern generation of kids to respect their fucking elders

>if you don't respect your elders you'll die because they won't fucking feed you
Something like that? Though they were being starved anyway
>>
>>136403674
it was more like
>respect your fucking elders, they had to watch their kid sister starve to death and then sell her corpse for enough ration stamps to survive until the US occupation came and the GI's started air dropping mcdonalds.
>>
File: 1388824113048.jpg (659KB, 900x660px) Image search: [Google]
1388824113048.jpg
659KB, 900x660px
>>136403674
No, the young boy let pride get the best of him and a little girl needlessly died for it. Also, the aunt was a cunt, but she has a point: there was a war going on, famine and fire are rampant, you're fourteen years old, do your part and help put out fires/get a job.
>>
>>136403817
>get a job
It was pretty clear the boy felt he couldn't leave his sister alone with his aunt. She was not only saying mean things to the girl but also telling her about how her mother's dead suddenly and stuff. He couldn't trust his aunt enough to get a job on his own.
>>
>>136403858
Pity he couldn't join the American airforce. Then he could have got a nice fighter plane, flown over the aunt's house and sliced her in two with the wing. Or piloted the Enola Gay and dropped Little Boy on his Aunt's house instead of Hiroshima.
>>
>What the fuck was her problem?

Faggotry Syndrome.
>>
>>136400855
She was a shitty person.
>>
>>136403858
So instead of the girl getting her feelings hurt, she fucking died instead. Good job, retard brother.
>>
>>136400855
It was war time, and all the boy was going was playing around with his sister while everyone else was doing their best to work.
>>
>>136401285
>children act like children

They are supposed to act that way.
>>
It's because he had too much pride, just like his country did. Neither knew when to quit and suffered the consequences.

>>136403489

The MOVIE is about the latter. The book is about the author coming to grips with the fact that his sister dying was his fault and nothing will bring her back.
>>
>>136400855
Also she only gave them the broth and not the meat and veggies. What a bitch.
>>
>>136403751

I don't care if I AM starving, I'm not eating fucking McDonald's.
>>
>>136401285
>and the kids are retarded.

explain.
>>
>>136409463

Not him but his insistance that they can survive on their own.

The aunt was a bitch, but they were healthy at her place.
>>
>>136403121
That one police officer that he was turned over to for stealing the farmers cane sugar seemed pretty cool.
>>
>>136409488
He was cool. I'd respect him. (Though as a Police Officer abd one of the main firms of authority, generating respect for him was a big plus.)
>>
>>136403751
>and then sell her corpse for enough ration stamps to survive

Did this really happen? Who buys a corpse? Especially a 4-year olds corpse? The fuck?
>>
>>136409545
The guy in the movie didn't sell the corpse, he burnt it.
>>
>>136409575
I mean did the author really do that.
>>
>>136409629
It's possible. Though like you, I can't work out why anyone would buy her.
>>
>>136409733
they had no realdolls back then
>>
>>136409733
For sex
>>
>>136410583
>>136410579
There are definitely anime lolis I would buy for post-mortem sexual encounters, but Setsuko isn't one of them. She's too young for me.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 443x332px
Sure, it sucks that the girl died, but she had a far more pleasant death than this poor girl. If you recognise her, you'll instantly get what I mean,
>>
>>136409545
>Who buys a corpse?
Teaching hospitals that need prosection cadavers, wigmakers for hair, etc.
>>
>>136409733
Well body parts can be used in many ways.

Also in Barefoot Gen, some people thought they could use bones to cure illness from the bomb and others sold skulls to the Americans.

Tthere's also many exemple of the bitterness of people during war time in Gen. When a friend of the mother invites them in her home after they lost their house but her mother-in-law, bitter over her son's death in battle, hates them and throws them out.
During that time there were orphans everywhere, too.
>>
File: 1370298110351.jpg (16KB, 171x342px) Image search: [Google]
1370298110351.jpg
16KB, 171x342px
>>136412754
>prosection
I learned a new word today.
>>
>>136401170
>1945
>being a resentful bitch to suffering kids
>for any reason
>>
The cunt secretly told the little girl that her mother died,and afterwards complained to the brother when she won't stop crying.

This bitch deserved to have a nuke dropped on her roof.
>>
>>136400855
...that's just how asian women treat kids that aren't their own
>>
>Big brother doesn't pull his weight
>Spends the day doing fuck all
>Everyone else is out doing something for the war effort
>Still expects to be given food at the end of every day

He deserved his fate, shame he pretty much killed his sister.
>>
>>136415174
>Studio Ghibli will never make a cross-dimensional time travel movie where the main character visits each Ghibli movie and interacts with the cast.
>the main character will never trick the Aunt into going to Hiroshima on the morning of August 6th.
>>
>>136415258
He's a fucking kid. These adults should have dragged them back home. There really is no excuse for the behavior of especially that aunt.
>>
>>136400855
She was selfish, the average person probably wouldn't do what she did, but I probably will do the same
>>
>>136403489
>be desperate
>trust your only relative to take you in
>she takes possession of your only valuables
>you agree to sell them
>somehow you get jewed out of the money
>she uses it to keep her own family well fed
>while you get almost nothing
>somehow this makes you the asshole
seems to me that he gave that old cunt plenty of 'respect', then she squandered it. he trusted her to fairly share the profits made from selling those kimonos and she did not. if that's really supposed to be the author's message, then he's an idiot.
>>
File: img000024.png (124KB, 1001x1400px) Image search: [Google]
img000024.png
124KB, 1001x1400px
>>136415328
seems to be a common theme in japan, where women don't want to be burdened with mouths to feed that weren't born from their own wombs. so they abuse the kids til the kids runaway or they're taken to an orphanage. cinderella complex?
>>
The way I see it there were 3 main antagonists of WWII. Hitler, Hirohito and Seita's Aunt. It's debatable which of them was the worst.
>>
>>136415901
In hindsight Hitler was right about the jews and Hirohito was right about the chinese, who does that leave?
>>
>>136400855
Because she doesn't really give a fuck about her sister children and thinking giving them a fair share is a waste of resources since they're going to die anyway (presumably).
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.