[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Childhood friend that would literally do anything for him

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 14

File: twgok8_9e.png (299KB, 940x530px) Image search: [Google]
twgok8_9e.png
299KB, 940x530px
>Childhood friend that would literally do anything for him
>Adorable fake imouto that worships him like a god
>Plenty of other choices

>He chooses this bitch

Why did this happen, again?
>>
File: 1453107879360.gif (48KB, 320x331px) Image search: [Google]
1453107879360.gif
48KB, 320x331px
>>136329478
>Childhood friend
Red flag
>>
Literally no one should have won. Keima should have been one with his geimu
>>
author ran out of ideas
>>
>>136329478
The show's supposed to be a realistic portrayal of an otaku gamer who saves the world from demons. Of course he doesn't get with the best girl.
>>
File: twgok212-05.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
twgok212-05.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
;_;
>>
File: 1452488365327.jpg (87KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
1452488365327.jpg
87KB, 1360x768px
>>136329478
It's called love
>>
in the manga Keima takes Elsie out on a date and she shows a genuine romantic interest in him

it could have been
>>
>>136329640
>no keima + yokkyun end
HE WOULD HAVE BEEN THE HAPPIEST
>>
Keima not getting with anyone would have been pretty tragic. Shit the manga was pretty tragic once he started to feel the weight of seeing all these girls he conquered not remember him. I think that's why the manga changed where some girls did still remember bits and pieces..
>>
>>136329587
This, or a hellish never-ending harem charade that he must continue for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>136330776
>Keima not getting with anyone would have been pretty tragic.
But it makes the most sense. Chihiro was pretty fucking forced. It was literally "I gotta choose one of these bitches or fans will get angry, it might as well be the normalfag". Harem ends don't fly too well with long running LNs/manga. Then again it wouldn't have been a harem end, Keima should have just chosen no one and retreated back into his life of 2D.

Elsie was best choice though. I wish he showed a bit more affection for her like she wanted as his imouto though.
>>
>>136329478
The most realistic route would be Keima end up with no one, the author trying to pair a faggot with zero love for real girl like him with one of the girl is retard.
>>
>>136329478
she was best girl for Keima
>>
>>136331438
I'm a sucker for bittersweet so I would have liked an end with no one/a video game end.
>>
well its not like they get married or anything
>>
>>136329478
Because she is unpredictable to him compared to anyone else?

>>136333260
Yeah Yui. Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>136329478
Forced different girl ending.
>>
>>136329478
>>136329587
>>136329594
>>136329734
>>136329640
>>136330877
>>136331438
>>136331608
>>136331784
>still this thread
Because >>136333344, you fucking idiot who didn't even read the manga. That is taken from volume 2 extras, the fucking beginning of the story.

What a bunch of imbeciles.
>>
File: 1366819521242.png (223KB, 590x333px) Image search: [Google]
1366819521242.png
223KB, 590x333px
>>136329478
fake imouto would be quasi incest
childhood friend is pretty much the same as incest as well

i dunno about the other ones, but they are probably some form of incest as well.
so he made the right choice.
>>
>>136329478
What the fuck did you just say you fucked up retard?

Dont ever insult best girl.
>>
>>136329478
SO FUCKING MAD
>>
>>136333792
Are you stupid?
>>
Because of the theme about accepting the real world so he fell for the least 2d-ish girl to force that. So yeah, no more egotistical fantasies, nerds: Get a real girl
>>
>>136329478
wait what?
the manga has ended?
>>
so here's a hard question, picking from kiminozo, true tears and this, which do you consider to have made you the most butthurt? obviously all 3 are absolute dogshit endings, but the worst for me will always be kiminozo.
>>
>>136334636
No, are you? The author planned the ending from the beginning, maybe not in detail but it was alreday there, and if you kept reading/watching being so delusional that you got burned by the ending anyway you're an idiot.
>>
>worst girl wins
>OH MY GOD HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?? HOW UNEXPECTED! THE AUTHOR MUST HAVE DONE THIS LAST MINUTE!

Holy fuck, worst girl always wins, stop acting like it's surprising you fucking retards. Every goddamn time.
>>
>>136334883
From those, probably true tears. I haven't watched kiminozo.
But one of my most hated is WA2, fuck that shit, it was going so well before it went downhill.
>>
File: file.png (211KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
211KB, 500x445px
>>136335023
>worst girl always wins
LIES
>>
>>136335023
Best girl won this time anon, stop being buttmad.
>>
>>136335157
>this much shit taste
Chihiro and Kazusa are absolute best.
>>
>>136334983
Source:my ass
>>
Chihiro a best. You know it be true Anon, search your heart and you'll find the answer.

desu, it was really close but rankings are
Chihiro > Ayumi = Library > Tenri > Tsukiyo > Yui is shit
>>
>>136335256
Are you stupid? The source is in the picture linked in the first post.
>>
>all those otaku scum and other nexkbeard tears

Best girl won you losers, face it.
Normal girls are always the best.
>>
>>136333885
what's wrong about incest?
>>
>>136329478
If people don't like her that's fine. There were a lot of girls in the show, all with qualities meant to appeal to different people. Everybody got their favorite. But if you can't see that thematically Chihiro was the best fit for Keima then I just don't know what to say.
>>
>>136335290
still out of your ass and read your damn comment again.
>>
He planned to troll us with this since she got her arc. What is Wakaki doing these days? I remember he made an Ayumi x cake oneshot and then disappeared.
>>
She made the most sense.

She was the only human girl who fell for Keima naturally and while knowing his true nature, and his entire character arc was him coming to value connections to other people in real life - of course the most "normal" girl, the one who forced him to face his own flaws the most often, was the one he came to be interested in the most.

Anyone who didn't see his growing interest in her during the goddess hunt arc or guess Chihiro was the most likely candidate to win the Keimabowl once the time travel arc came around and Hakua was eliminated from the running were just in denial.
>>
>Be an otaku
>Be given a problem
>Use otaku logic to solve problem
>Keep using otaku logic to solve more problems
>Solve all problems
>hurt durr stop being an otaku and become normal because it's what is supposed to be good
>>
>>136335612
But that's not what happened at all
>>
File: worst girls.jpg (298KB, 1320x958px) Image search: [Google]
worst girls.jpg
298KB, 1320x958px
Bitchiro was shit and fucking chihiro-fags have worse taste than slutqua-fags.
>>
>>136335598
>She was the only human girl who fell for Keima naturally and while knowing his true nature
Tenri. Last arc didn't change that.
>>
>>136335691
I'd debate that but I guess there's some merit to your point, she did fall for him normally even if it was kind of a mess with the time travel angle added in.
>>
File: img000020.png (2MB, 1600x1140px) Image search: [Google]
img000020.png
2MB, 1600x1140px
>>136335685
Nice fanart

Here's an official manga page
>>
I'm confused

Half of /a/ seems to love this girl and half of /a/ seems to hate her

What did she do to cause such asspain?
>>
>>136335869
She's a normal teenage girl who gives the protagonist shit for being a dating SIM addicted otaku.

This either triggers the half of /a/ that hate/fears real women and turned to 2D to escape them or delights the other half that haven't fallen that low yet and who were happy that one of the less stereotypical heroines won, and did so in a manner that actually makes some sense
>>
>>136335729
They're kind of similar. Keima didn't see her as a childhood friend type but came to accept her more, like he did with Elsie being a sister. Then the writer made her more of a 'real' one and friendzoned her hardcore as a consequence.
>>
>>136335486
It's not out of my ass, the author stated it, can't you read?
>>
>>136335869
She's the winning girl but those are vocal minorities, most don't have strong feelings about her one way or the other and moods swung wildly based on events in the story. More hated the rush to the ending more than anything.
>>
>>136336077
I read it an get it but read your comment again. I'm not made fun of you, honestly.
>>
>>136329478
Choosing anyone is the problem, anon.
Loving 2D characters was already bad enough, but when he started to love real people too that's when we know he is lost forever.
>>
>>136329478
She's the only one whom he couldn't figure out because the others were too stereotypical.
Love isn't about the best, it's about the best for you.
>>
>>136335831
Rekt.
>>
File: images (8).jpg (12KB, 191x200px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
12KB, 191x200px
>>136329478
MOTHERFUCKER, DON'T REMIND ME.
>>
>>136336077
Just ignore him.
>>
>>136329478
>Choosing the slut
I fucking dropped it when he chose her
>>
I thought you guys loved tomboys, what happened?
>>
>>136336609
Chihiro is not a tomboy. Ayumi is one though.
>>
>>136329478
The author got forced into it. You could see it when he changed the ending a bit to not show that Chihiro wins.

And this >>136333792 is a pretty generic comment. Nothing that put more weight to Chihiro winning. If it were true there should be more developments towards Chihiro even before the final arc.
>>
I don't understand why people argue so much about a shit series.
>>
>>136336609
She is a shitty tomboy lmao. Ayumi was the best
>>
>>136336664
>I'm blind
The delusion is strong in this one.
>>
>>136336664
>this much denial
>>
>>136336664
He changed it because tards like you in Japan threw a bitchfit over the most logical outcome occurring.

It's still clear as fuck even in the tank version that he's asking her out anyway though.
>>
Chihiro and Keima enjoy being together. Keima doesn't have to pretend to be someone else when around her. She falls in love with Keima again and again and again regardless of memories

How is Chihiro bad?
>>
>>136337096
Because she's not a nice, 2d-ish predictable girl and anon doesn't know how to interact with such people
All the others will bore Keima after a while
>>
>>136337197
Isn't there a panel where Dokurou figures out that Keima fell in love with Chihiro because she constantly did the opposite of what he expected her to
>>
Are people still in denial, they been hinting this since the halfway point.
Chihiro was the only girl Keima couldn't get a read on while he could read nearly every other girl like a book, seem obvious ever since the goddess arc.
>>
>>136337327
I bet you an internet that nobody would be butthurt if Chihiro had long hair or cuter short hair.
That's how superficial this board is.
>>
>>136335869
Because the denial of her being the destined girl is so fucking strong. Some people just refuse the fact and call it "sudden" despite the prediction eons ago.

That, and winning girls will always get shit no matter what. It's part of /a/'s behavior to be a bitter cunt.
>>
Because she's the best girl, obviously.

All the others had to be chased, convinced into falling for Keima who had to put on a big show and fake personality to win them over. Chihiro fell for the actual real Keima without having to be tricked into it, he didn't have to fake anything or "play the game" with her which ties into the story's themes of facing up to reality and leaving escapism behind.

If you read any of the little snippets of autobiographical stuff the author added to some chapters you would have seen there was no way any of the other girls would win.
>>
>>136335273
>ayumi
>"let the entirety of existence unravel into a white void of nothingness, I'm butthurt"
>second best girl

nope
>>
>>136337327
He can't read her because she is generic. She had her own arc and even in it, it never showed her as a romantic partner whatsoever. Only in the last arc did she developed into a love interest and even then people doubted she'd win because there are a lot more better candidate to win. You could clearly see that the author was rushing things along to finish it. I still remember it was something about wanting to end the manga and the assistant forcing the author to let Chihiro win because the assistant liked her. Before you say that I'm blind or other nonsense please try to tell me in which arc did they develop Chihiro as a romantic partner.
>>
>>136337843
Her very fucking first arc, you mongoloid.
>>
>>136337562
Now please explain where is the hint that should make Chihiro the winner obvious?
>>
>>136329478

I don't understand why this was a shitstorm. We knew for a fucking fact she was going to win from her very first arc way before goddess and whatever other bullshit. You retards are more dense than fucking generic harem protagonist #10000023232323
>>
>>136337874
The arc shows nothing of her being a legitimate romantic partner you dumbass. If that were true half the cast would turn to be Keima's partner.
>>
>>136337715
i have a weakness for athletic tomboys who have feminine charm.
>>
>>136337919
Try to explain your point. How should we know that she was going to win? Because he can't read her? All the manga hinted at was that no one will win.
>>
File: the day Chihiro won.jpg (4MB, 3848x3984px) Image search: [Google]
the day Chihiro won.jpg
4MB, 3848x3984px
2 years later and tears still flow
>>
Some people are either trolling or they need to reread the manga.
>>
>>136337843
I thought the goddess arc made it clear that Chihiro had some feeling for him way before he started the whole capturing girls thing. That and the fact that Keima couldn't read her cause him to hurt her feeling which seem to affect Keima pretty hard even after the arc.

I don't know how you don't view her as a love interest when she was the only girl without a goddess to be in love with him, that alone made it clear that she was special compare to everyone else.
>>
>>136338010
I wonder if that anon ever ate his fecal matter.
>>
>>136337843
>She had her own arc and even in it, it never showed her as a romantic partner whatsoever
That's the point, life isn't that easy. Love at first sight, first impressions, all that shit happens in movies and games precisely because we wish it would.
Most people meet through friends and spend some time being boring acquaintances before they fall in love.
>>
He was just being a responsible man, after she slept in his bed.
>>
>>136337892
The entirety of the goddess arc. Why do you think a normal and should be irrelevant girl ended up standing on the center of the stage? a song dedicated for her and Keima shedding tears for a human being?
>>
>>136338022
She liked him like everyone liked him. Try to explain why her absence for most of the arc would suddenly make her a more likely partner?
>>
>>136338117
I don't fucking read japanese comics for life shit, I read them to get away from life in the first place.
>>
>>136338022
Being the one girl he couldn't neatly fit into one of his heroine archetypes is the main reason he chose her. She was the one girl that was intrinsically interesting to him and whose very nature would force him to be the "real" Keima. With the other girls he was too likely to simply read them as game characters and manufacture himself in accordance to what they want.
>>
>>136337843
Now that you say it, it was weird that the manga took a lot of breaks nearing the ending. So, this was the actual reason.
>>
File: bestdayever.jpg (2MB, 3848x3984px) Image search: [Google]
bestdayever.jpg
2MB, 3848x3984px
THE SALT MUST FLOW
>>
>>136338162

Her absence for things like the time travel arc is just shitty writing, Wakaki either ran out of time or ideas for the massively bloated cast TWOGK developed by the end. That's why the ending sucked, almost no one got the page time they needed for decent closure and then it's all "woops, Elsie is satan but that's okay now".

Chihiro liked Keima without having to be "captured", he didn't have to play a role to pick her up. Keima comes to resent the whole "capture" thing during the last few chapters because he hates how it's hurting the girls and himself emotionally.

By the end of the series Keima doesn't give up games but he DOES stop treating real life relationships like games, doing that caused too much fallout for him. However he doesn't give up on real life either, you can think of it as him wanting to master RL as well if you like.

Was Chihiro winning out of nowhere? No, it was easily the most heavily foreshadowed ending out of all the girls and even above a forever alone ending. Was it developed properly? No, not enough time was spent properly establishing the ending and that really hurt the series.
>>
>>136337926
Half the cast fell in love with Keima before he tried to seduce them, knowing only his real personality?
>>
>>136338178
Too bad for you that the author wants to make a man out of you.
>>
>>136338162
To put it as simple as possible everyone love Keima because of his fake persona he put up in order to get the girls to like him while Chihiro, Elsie, and maybe Tenri like him for who he actually is.
>>
>>136337996
>>136337892
>>136337843
First there is the actual story with all its hints, second there are the author's comments. If you're not able to read and use your brain it's not my fault.
>>
>>136333792
I did read the manga though.
Wakaki really didn't give Keima enough character development for me to be convinced that he was genuinely in love with a 3D girl.
Seriously, the shitty writing ultimately ruined this fun series.
>>
>Chihiro fell for Keima without any tricks or deception and is the only human to do so
>Is also the first and last capture target he never truly comes to fully understand and be able to manipulate
>Only non-Goddess owning girl to still love him
>Keima having to break her heart is one of the two emotional climaxes of the goddess arc and a defining moment for his later character development
>Haqua, Elsie, and Tenri - the only other girls to know the real Keima - all get eliminated as potential contenders in the Keimabowl over the timetravel arc
>Keima's character development comes to focus on him growing to value real life relationships instead of shunning them, and coming to see regular people (which Chihiro is the epitome of) as valuable

>salty non-chihirofags still claim the last chapter had no buildup
>>
>>136338653
I don't really care about who won. The series is garbage because the writing went to complete shit when that time travel arc started.
>>
>>136338803
I agree the last arc was shit but tbqh Chihiro outright winning semi-redeemed it for me.

Still think it should have been about 80 chapters shorter though.
>>
>>136338653
How one can read the manga and not get all this baffles me.
>>
>>136338653
even so, it still sucks.
>>
>>136340161
ur rong
>>
>>136329478
Because it was foreshadowed since the fucking festival arc?
>>
>>136338162
>Try to explain why her absence for most of the arc would suddenly make her a more likely partner?
Because, unlike every other girl, she fell in love with Keima as is he is himself, not with the false persona he created for the sake of conquering her.
>>
>>136329478
She's the only one who fell for him for who he actually was.

Well, other than Tenri and Hakua I suppose. Guess you could say Tenri was too dependent on him to give him any enjoyment in a relationship and Hakua is a demon so that wouldn't have worked out, probably.
>>
>>136341665
>She's the only one who fell for him for who he actually was.
same could be said of Motoko Aoyama from love hina and she still lost in her manga.
>>
I like Chihiro and I think she was a bad choice (if not the worst).
But that's love, isn't it?
Love is specifically designed to get people to choose the worst girl, so Keima's choice makes sense.
>>
>>136341784
No need to pretend you like Chihiro, you buttblasted monkey.
>>
>>136329478
She loved him for who he was. He felt bad for abusing her trust/love when he shot her down, hard.

Not my personal choice, but after rewatching the series a day ago, it made bit more sense. I still preferred Ayumi.

Personally, wouldn't mind befriending Shiori because she's cute.
>>
>>136341713
Daily reminder Ken decided Motoko was going to win after the halfway point but he pussied out since he thought people would be angry the main heroine lost
>>
>>136329564
I love childhood friends. It's so much fun to see their heart break when the MC comes together with another girl.
>>
>>136341901
source?
>>
>>136335309
Wait, is there something wrong with incest?
>>
>>136341926
I can't remember what interview it was in but if you look on the archive/Google you should be able to find it.
>>
Reminder that Chihiro won the second she was shown wearing a wedding dress.
>>
>>136341901
I like playing ways she would confess over in my head
>>
>>136329478
RIGHT NOW
>>
>>136341901
wwere people actually rooting for narusabitch?
>>
File: 1312192393921.jpg (106KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1312192393921.jpg
106KB, 900x506px
>>136341843
But I do. She's nothing compared to best girl though.
>>
>>136335178
Consider killing yourself.

Soon
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.