[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone remember this anime? The art style looks pretty good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

File: Rahxephon.jpg (141KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Rahxephon.jpg
141KB, 1024x768px
Anyone remember this anime? The art style looks pretty good.

Is it just another mecha or something more?
>>
It is a wannabe evangelion and fails at it.
>>
It's what NGE could have been, if it was any good.
>>
File: rahx2-weg.jpg (132KB, 1008x386px) Image search: [Google]
rahx2-weg.jpg
132KB, 1008x386px
>>136261053
Evangelion:Next Generation with a Brave Reideen gloss rather than an Ideon one.
>>
>>136261053
shittier animation than EVA, god tier soundtrack, less convoluted than EVA. If you liked EVA you'll like this too
>>
File: rahxephon_page_073.jpg (746KB, 1794x2277px) Image search: [Google]
rahxephon_page_073.jpg
746KB, 1794x2277px
>>136262506
>god tier soundtrack
Yes. Also the MC wasn't a whiny little pussy, so it has that going for it. Interesting mecha designs too.
>>
>>136261053
What eva should have been. Just a warning, there is ntr in this.
>>
File: rahxephon_page_069.jpg (921KB, 1788x2298px) Image search: [Google]
rahxephon_page_069.jpg
921KB, 1788x2298px
I liked the angel designs too
I mean dolems
whatever
>>
>>136261053
its evangelion if misato won the shinji bowl
>>
>>136261053
for a show about music it really didn't had much memorable tracks
>>
I never really watched this, but the op is one of the best, the Overall Music is amazing, one of Kannos best works
>>
Great experimental jazz ost
Great designs
Some very powerful scenes
Surprisingly good romance
Great artfaggy visual references

The best eva clone

It also has a very good first ep
>>
A less pretentious NGE without the whiny MC.
>>
The OST was great.

The first part could've been less boring, but the second part was a wild ride.
Episode 19, man.

Has anyone seen the movie? Is it good?
>>
>>136268178
The movie was a forgettable compilation, I remember little from it.

Except for one thing, a trippy dream sequence between the mc and his mother.
It was atmospheric, slightly incestuous and one of my favourite scenes in anime ever.

It also gave the mother much needed characterization and a chance to explain her motivation for being the female Gendo.
>>
>>136268537
I see. Thanks. I'll probably watch it anyway, it's good shit.
>>
Its is one lf the most aesthetic shows ever
Muh better than eva
>>
A underrated classic and a better Eva.
>>
>>136269696
A E S T H E T I C
>>
A series about harmony and setting aside doubts. Very comfy, atmospheric and with a great soundtrack.

I found myself noticing a load of details the second time around.
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 464x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 464x640px
Niggaz better be down with Prince igor sung/played/interpretive danced all through the series

The jazz was cool though
>>
>>136262506
>shittier animation than EVA
I wouldn't say one really stands above the other on that front. RahXephon had some really nice parts.
>>
>>136261053

I just rewatched it after many years. Thoroughly enjoyable. Everyone always compares it to NGE, which is understandable I suppose, as it is another mecha show made shortly after, and was at least partially an attempt to mimic the perceived depth of NGE's plot, world-building, and symbolism. RahXephon is worthy of being watched and judged on its own merits though. It does a lot of things better than Eva.

It's visually beautiful, the animation is consistently good, characters are well developed and interesting, the plot is original enough and pretty well written. Some unusual and noteworthy references and influences. Best part about it is the amazing soundtrack in my opinion.

Also, the Christmas Cake (bestgirl) wins the Ayatob owl.
>>
>>136262747
>there is ntr

How do you figure that? There was no NTR.
>>
>>136270158
He's presumably talking about Megumi. Which I guess is NTR if you stretch the definition.
>>
>>136269942
yep, Raxephon has to be watched twice to fully enjoy it
>>
>>136262506
>If you liked EVA you will find yourself frustrated with this show because its trying to hard and just not as good

FTFY
>>
>>136270208

That's beyond a stretch to call anything that happened to her NTR. I suppose it might conjure up some of the same emotions in oversensitive, trigger-warning-needed type viewers, but come on.

It's romantic melodrama at worst. No one gets NTR-ed.

Only other thing besides Megumi I can think of that he might have been referring to is Haruka's failed college relationship to Itsuki (I think that's his name, glasses doctor with the Quon sister/mother incest vibes,) but we don't really know if they even fucked, and she only tried dating him because he reminded her of Ayato (which makes sense as they are genetically twins). I guess if anyone got NTRed, it was Itsuki getting NTRed by MC in the end.
>>
>>136270478
> That's beyond a stretch to call anything that happened to her NTR
She loved someone and he got with someone else. That's what NTR is. The only reason it's a stretch is because the MC is the one getting stolen, so you have to center your perspective on Megumi to frame it as NTR.
>>
>>136270478
Why are you answering seriously?
Everything is NTR is just /a/ meme shitposting.
>>
dub or subbed, /a/?
>>
>>136270772
Fuck off.
>>
>>136270523

She had a mild crush on someone, (two someones in a row actually,) who unfortunately for Megumi, both turned out to be involved in more serious, mature romances with other people, (her best friend, Kim who got knocked up by the boyish Major there, and then her sister Haruka with Ayato). I mean I felt for her of course, what shit luck, but she wasn't actually in a relationship with either the Major or Ayato. In the Major's case not only did he not have feelings for her, but he was oblivious to her feelings for him. Ayato cared for her, but it's never shown to be in a romantic way. More like a sibling rivalry/affection. She just picks shitty men to fall for. She should be more aware.

>>136270643
Because I just rewatched the show and feel like discussing it, even on the shittiest and most meme-d up and buzzword infected of pretenses. Mostly though because I obviously don't have anything better to do.
>>
File: 1451464955037.jpg (7KB, 249x228px) Image search: [Google]
1451464955037.jpg
7KB, 249x228px
>>136270772

Get out.
>>
>>136270917
>she wasn't actually in a relationship with either the Major or Ayato
Yeah, that's not a criterion for NTR. That's why childhood friends can get NTR'd from protagonists.
>>
>>136270917
It's ok, I enjoyed reading your thoughts even if I'm tired as shit of every thread devolving into NTR shitposting.
>>
>>136261053
It gets compared to Eva a lot, by plebs and retards like >>136261142, because they're both mecha and try to incorporate western apocalyptic mythos (Christian and pseudo-Atlantis myths, respectively), but it's actually quite different.

RahXephon is ultimately a love story, while Eva is about Shinji's search for acceptance and a place to belong. Also Ayato is loved by friends and family, while Shinji has nobody. The motive power behind the angels and Dolems couldn't be more different, etcetera...

If I had to compare, I did like Eva a little more, but RahXephon was still truly excellent and definitely worth watching.
>>
>>136271155
>RahXephon is ultimately a love story, while Eva is about Shinji's search for acceptance and a place to belong
The last time I argued with someone who thought RahXephon had nothing to do with NGE, they argued that RahXephon was different precisely because it was mostly about the search for a place to belong. I'm convinced that people are just reaching for thematic generalizations to make them seem different.

They're both good, but saying that it shouldn't be compared to NGE is ridiculous.
>>
>>136271281
I think the interesting thing is that both are similar in execution except for the motivations, arcs and relations of the characters.

But those things aren't as tangibly different as they aren't visual things.

It was also nice with an alternative-evangelion with nice things like romance and smiles after the emotional ordeal that was loving EVA.

I love them both.
>>
File: rahxephon.jpg (89KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
rahxephon.jpg
89KB, 1440x900px
>>136261053
Most of what everyone has said so far is true. I'd definitely recommend it, but whether or not you like it will be completely up to you.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Og6erp5hTw

That haunting ED.
>>
picked up
>>
The series was decent. It had good visuals, a great OST, and the plot is interesting.

It does have a rather weak ending, though. It was just too rushed, and even though it did wrap the series up in a satisfying way, it was incredibly rushed.
>>
>>136271716
I cri erry teim.
>>
>>136270478
>Haruka
You're forgetting the scene with the old man. he impies Haruka has been doing the deed with him for MCs sake.
>>
>>136272001
The old man?
>>
>>136272159
The leader of the organization, her boss.
>>
The story doesn't really explain much.
>>
File: Ernst von Bähbem.jpg (39KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Ernst von Bähbem.jpg
39KB, 720x540px
>>136272159
>>136272274
>>
>>136272274
I can't tell if you mean the commander or the ancient body-hopping Jew, but I don't remember either of those happening.
>>
>>136271076
>tired as shit of every thread devolving into NTR shitposting.

Certainly can't fault you for that. anon. Especially with the Erased anime starting up it is quite pervasive lately.
>>
>>136272791
>Erased
God damn it, stop that.
>>
>>136271155

This is a great short breakdown of some of the major fundamental differences between the shows. As I mentioned before I understand why they get compared often, but it's really a shame that RahXephon tends to get dismissed as "a not-that-bad Eva-clone," because it really is its own show in all but a few superficial ways. Very much worth judging on its own merits.
>>
>>136272861

It's easier than typing out Boku Dake ga Inai Machi. I'll admit though that I have no idea where that apparent subtitle/alternative title came from, and just defaulted to it because that's what anons seem to do lately.

>>136272001
>>136272372

When does that scene allegedly occur? I don't remember anything like that at all. If you mean Makoto "Shirohebi" Isshiki rather than von Bahbem the shaepshifting reptilian jew, he makes several attempts to manipulate Haruka into bed with him but it doesn't even come close to working. And he's not old, just white-haired and creepy.

Are you maybe thinking of something from the movie, or the manga? Saw the movie years ago and am about to rewatch it some time in the next couple of days, never read the manga, it looks bad.
>>
I watched this series recently & I still like loved it. I also liked how the movie was edited down to focus more on their relationship as the show should have done more. I suffered through Eva & even though it does draw inspiration I never felt it was derivative work or a straight up clone. It does a lot of things differently, like tell a satisfactory story & the whole Mu thing & and art themes are actually successfully integrated into the story better. Also the show does a better job of focusing on its subplots that help to deepen it's main story.

At its heart it is a love story whereas Eva is more of an educational plot. It has some really great action & beautiful designs. Definitely recommend it to anyone, especially if they disliked Eva.
>>
>>136273229
> I'll admit though that I have no idea where that apparent subtitle/alternative title came from
It's the shitty English localization.
>>
>>136273252
I mean re-watched this series recently.
>>
>>136272001
Not the old man but the other one of the 3 adults that were with the old man.
>>
>>136273318

I'll stay away from using it in the future then, anon. Thanks for bullying me I guess.

What do the nips call it? Bokumachi? Dakenaimachi? They usually have an acceptable abbreviation for these things. They fucking love abbreviations.

>>136273362

Yeah, Isshiki. He tried really hard to get her to sleep with him by making implied threats against Ayato's safety and attempting to leverage his status as her (temporary) ranking superior officer, but it never worked. She rejected him outright and ultimately (briefly) lost her job because of it.
>>
Watched an episode and was put off by the fact it is blatantly cashing in on the Eva formula. Although in retrospect there wasn't anything bad about the show itself. Animation, designs, soundtrack, and what I of the characters and plot, all seemed decent enough. After reading this thread I think I'll revisit it.
>>
>>136273229
It's been years, could be from the movie. The old man talks to her in private and mentions her sacrifices she has made for Ayatos sake.
>>
>>136273647
But the first episode isn't anything like Eva.
>>
>>136273786
My friend showed me a few random scenes while I was at his house more than 10 years ago (in attempt to convince me to watch the entire series with him), and what I saw amounted to about one whole episode. I hope this clarifies the confusion I brought into this thread.
>>
>>136261053
>Is it just another mecha or something more?
it is the answer to evangelion
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.