[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trainning with Picollo... What does he expect to achieve?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11

He is already stronger than Piccolo, even in his weakest form.

He should at least train with Majin Boo.
>>
>>136259455
Use the catalog dumbass.
>>
Have you ever watched a Dragon Ball anime before? Continuity is optional.
>>
>>136259455
I think it's cute that he wants to train with piccolo, his first teacher, but let's be honest: goku was a better teacher. at least goku made him go super saiyan.

and now his father is a super saiyan god super saiyan (god this is dumb, but still) I think goku could bring him to at least ss3 or god.

but that's not gonna happen, I suppose
>>
File: theyknowitsadumbnameandchangeit.png (296KB, 1016x1500px) Image search: [Google]
theyknowitsadumbnameandchangeit.png
296KB, 1016x1500px
>>136260552
Super Saiyan "Blue," they renamed it.

Hoping it gets changed to Super Cyan in dub.
>>
File: bojuta.jpg (31KB, 385x519px) Image search: [Google]
bojuta.jpg
31KB, 385x519px
Episode full of new quality-reactions.
>>
Gohanfags pls
>>
>>136259455

It's possible to train someone stronger than yourself you know. The Kais taught Gohan, and they were weaker than him.
>>
>>136260878
>LOOK MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN
>>
Goku was stronger than King Kai, what's your point?
>>
>>136259455

he want's someone he trusts a lot to be his spotter

and he trusts the big green alien a lot more than his father
>>
File: Your tears.jpg (4KB, 125x113px) Image search: [Google]
Your tears.jpg
4KB, 125x113px
>>136260921
>>
>>136260978
He wasn't when he first arrived.
>>
>>136259455
Raw strength isn't the only god damned thing in fighting. There's also technique and experience, and I believe Piccolo would stump Gohan in both regards.
>>
>boxers are always trained by better fighters than themselves
>>
>>136261208
Good thing DBS is a boxing anime. Oh wait
>>
>>136259455
If we're going to count all the stupid things Dragon ball super is doing we'll be here all day
>>
>>136259455
>Goku learned instant transmission from the Yardrats, a bunch of weaklings
>Goku learned fusion from the metamorans, a bunch of weaklings.
>Goku uses the Genki Dama against enemies millions of times stronger than King Kai
>Goten learned how to fight from Chi-chi
>Gohan got his most significant powerup from Old Kai, an old man that danced around him and read nudie mags for 24 hours.

All I'm saying is power's not all that matters. There's technique, abilities and other disciplines that different fighters would have to offer. For example, a makankosapo from Gohan would probably be much more powerful than piccolo's.
>>
>>136259455

It's possible to train someone better than you at something. Pep Guardiola trained Messi and Luis Enrique is doing it now.
>>
The problem isn't that Gohan is stronger than Piccolo, it's that Gohan has already been trained by Goku who is a far better teacher than Piccolo could ever hope to be.
>>
>>136262931
Ahahah no

The guys at La Masia academy trained Messi. Guardiola job is to fit messi into his tiki taka system.

That's also the reason why he kicked out other superior players; Henry, Ibra, Toure 2nd ,Eto'o, etc
>>
>gohan is training so stronger villains look like a threat when they one-shot him now

search your hearts gohanfags
>>
>>136263111
A grade schooler could learn more from an elementary school teacher than a tenured professor
>>
>>136259455
Well, part of Piccolo was a god before, maybe after seeing the God of Destruction they might have some idea of how to train to obtain God Ki.
>>
>>136259455
>>136260552
>>136263111
Goku isn't interested in training anyone at this point. He only wants to get stronger. Goku could trained Goten, but he choiced to ditch job and make Goten do it instead whenever he could.
>>
>>136259455
And what Goku expected to train with Kaio?
>>
>>136260878
I love this reference, it makes me smile every time.
>>
Kaio trained Goku post cell games and got him stronger than rage out SSJ2 Gohan and unlocked SSJ3.

Magic weights and shit.

And to be fair Gohan Ki is still strong, is his body that is a piece of shit, he needs to get swole again.
>>
>>136266329
>magic weights and shit

That's exactly what Whis got to offer only times 11. I like that Vegeta is finally a part of it, and look - given same teachers he actually fares the same as Goku.

As for Gohan, he could probably just go into that hyperbolic time chamber of Whis', together with Piccolo they could get really strong, the place's also drenched in god Ki so unlocking the new forms maybe.
>>
>>136259455
>train with Buu

If I had the choice between my green second father and a Down syndrome patient who breaks things, I'm going with the green one.
>>
Technique, discipline, ki control, shit you know that dad body needs some help.
>>
how old is gohan by now? 23-25?
>>
>>136268135
>second green father
jesus, stop with the "piccolo is the father gohan never had" because piccolo is more like gohan's big brother since - in case you forgot - piccolo is only 4 years older than gohan
>>
>he actually trains at being a better jobber
>>
>>136269006
Piccolo is more like Gohan's "Dad's cool friend"
>>
Piccolo should absorb cell because cell is made with namekian DNA
>>
>>136269006
Pretty much his uncle.
>>
Remember when Gohan was really cool?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Df-pYkKxQg
>>
>>136269276
is this a meme?
>>
>>136260803
Sorry to tell you, but it's not funny anymore.
>>
File: 121647304706.gif (839KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
121647304706.gif
839KB, 600x597px
>>136268135
>>136269006
>>136269107
>>136269184
Too fucking bad the anime and manga are treating Piccolo as Gohan's father figure and Pan's grandftaher figure.
>>
>>136259455
His ki is stronger, his body isn't. His technique is lacking. His fighting sense and general awareness is non-existant at all.
Piccoro would make him increase his body strength, thus allowing him to better control his ki. Improve his technique. Bring back his fighting sense and ki awareness, so when someone shoots he sees it coming and dodges it or increases his ki to stop it (or at the very least tries to protect himself).
Still, with all the training that Piccoro might give him, I don't see him improving really that much. He might stand on equal ground with Buu, that's it (I guess that now he's back to Cell's power level because of his lack of training). To be a serious fighter he needs god training and to unlock his god ki, if that's even possible (considering he's half human, I don't think they addressed whether if a hybrid could be a god or not). As someone said already, perhaps if he and Piccoro both train in Whis' hyperbolic time chamber, things could be different, since they would be forced to unlock a god ki to survive; dunno.
>>
>>136270013
He's going to get cucked by Goku though.
>>
File: 1445128529662.jpg (45KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
1445128529662.jpg
45KB, 600x337px
>>136272328
>>136270013
offhand, I wonder how well chi-chi and piccolo get along. Like I'm sure he finds her obnoxious but honestly he's more down to earth than her monkey husband.
>>
I wonder why Piccolo didnt just dismiss Gohans idea if it was really worthless. Id say he could at least get Gohan back to his strongest(ultimate formor whatever you want to call it). But if Piccolo doesnt get a powerup himself he wont really be able to go beyond that.
>>
>>136270013

Exactly when did piccolo act like a father? Back when gohan was a little kid, he fucking left him to git gud or die trying in the wilderness, and when he was done with that, gave him super harsh training. Maybe i'm remembering wrong, but I don't remember piccolo doing anything fatherly for him. The only positive thing he ever did for gohan was dying for him, and apparently that's all it took for gohan to forget everything that happened before and become instantly attached to him
>>
File: Dragon Ball Z (2233).png (385KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball Z (2233).png
385KB, 1024x1536px
>>136272623
They have literally one panel of interaction in the entire manga but they seem to be on decent term, considering the fact that he kidnapped her son and murdered her husband.
>>
>>136272623
Remember when she had him and Goku get their licenses?
>>
>>136274671
>Implying Piccolo wasn't watching over him making sure he didn't actually die

watch/read it again
>>
>>136264266
What's Goten doing nowadays?
>>
>>136271187
>His ki is stronger, his body isn't.
How do you know this?
>>
>>136274671
>Exactly when did piccolo act like a father?
After the Cell games Piccolo was more concerned about Gohan, than the fucking planet.
After that Piccolo stayed in contact with him, after the whole Buu thing Piccolo was the one who bothered to have dinner very day with him and his family, after Pan was born Piccolo bothered to keep visiting and actually spend time with the baby.
>>
>>136275719
Piccolo is really human for not being a human.
>>
>>136275799
Well he's never not lived on earth.
>>
>>136262197
This.

People have become so distracted to the laser and beam spams and Vegeta's way of training that they genuinely think that there's only one way of training.
>>
What happened to [Over 8000] and KamiFS? Last week I had to watch Goku get lazered in Spanish.
>>
>>136259455
Many characters, both Piccolo and Gohan included, have made gains when training with someone weaker than themselves. Piccolo got stronger while training Gohan the first time, and Gohan was able to benefit a little training with Goten to prepare for the tournament.

The real question is, will they attempt God Ki? It seems like anyone could learn it if they trained hard enough.
>>
File: Broly.gif (52KB, 121x201px) Image search: [Google]
Broly.gif
52KB, 121x201px
>>136275647
Goten goes to school everyday except on Sundays. Other than that, he plays with Trunks and does farm work. He doesn't train.
>>
>>136259455

Fighters and other athletes don't need trainers that are stronger than them, just people who know what they're doing.

All Gohan has is power levels and he doesn't have the innate talent or motivation for fighting unlike the other characters.

Did you watch that Super episode where everyone was yelling their special attacks and all Gohan did was do a generic blast? He can't come up with his own attack if he tried. Remember how he "trained" Videl and Goten? He just plain sucks at it.
>>
>>136275685
Literally stated by Gohan during this arc. He mentions that he doesn't even know if his body can handle SSJ. He also talks about not having trained in a long time (implying he isn't as sharp when it comes to technique nor as strong as he once was), etc.

Essentially, Gohan was acknowledging that his body is too weak, which is why we're even getting this "I need to train" subplot.
>>
A good trainer and a good fighter are two different things.

Though even following that logic Gohan should be training under Vegeta.
>>
>Gohan training

I guess he will show up in the tournament after all.
>>
>still caring about power levels and fighting in general in DBS

Series went to shit a long time ago and Toei obviously knows it doesn't have to put any effort into it to make people interested so they will continue to put most of their money into precure

I'm only watching this show for Whis and Beerus at this point
>>
>>136261117
He certainly was when he trained with King Kai in the afterlife between the Cell and Buu sagas.
>>
>>136276976
You talking shit about Precure?
>>
File: a.jpg (69KB, 712x395px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
69KB, 712x395px
>>136260878
huh
>>
>>136277141
Naw, I like it this way just fine
>>
Why don't they use that time chamber shit anymore?
>>
>>136277249
they blew it up
>>
>>136277249
I think there's a limit on how often it can be used.

Though any real reason could easily have be forgotten and we'll see them go in there soon.
>>
>>136277249
First Piccolo and Gotenks blew up the Hyperbolic Plot Device, then Super Buu collapsed the dimension.
>>
>>136277370
*blew up the entrace to
>>
>>136277249
Dende restored it back.

Goku and Vegeta train for 3 years in it.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.