[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Another Oscar with Ghibli bullshit again >No win again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: genbutchersexualharrassment1.jpg (47KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
genbutchersexualharrassment1.jpg
47KB, 640x426px
>Another Oscar with Ghibli bullshit again
>No win again
So Urobuchi was to close to get a indication for Oscar. The next Madoka would get chances to win a Oscar indication ?
>>
>>136250571
They are not going to win the American movies circle jerk awards. Stop being an idiot.
>>
>>136250571
Madoka would never win an Oscar because the judges would have to watch 12 episodes of some gook cartoon before being able to watch it.
>>
>>136251559
The new movie project will be a "reboot"?
>>
>>136250571
america loves politics and realism if japs use these two together they'll win oscar
>>
>>136250571
Only Ghibli label can give your Oscar. Put words Ghibli and Miyazaki at any movie poster (Kara Kyoukai 5, Madoka etc) and it gets Oscar and price over world
>>
rebellion not winning one was a travesty.

say what you will about the movie and it's inaccessibility to western audiences but the art, cinematography, and acting are incredible and deserved more then a dismissive glance that western reviews gave it.
>>
>>136250571
>genbutchersexualharrassment1.jpg
nobody appreciates plot more than Gen
>>
>expelled from paradise
>close to getting oscar nom
Are you retarded?
>>
Who cares about the jewscars after they admit to not even watching any of the entries
>>
File: 1345079298659.jpg (37KB, 319x301px) Image search: [Google]
1345079298659.jpg
37KB, 319x301px
>/a/ pretending the Oscars don't mean anything because some overrated shit anime movie isn't nominated
>>
Swift death to Homura!
>>
* Spoiler Alert *

Inside Out Wins
>>
The Oscars suck even for awarding US films, there is no way in hell they will ever give Nippon animation the respect it deserves unless Disney decides to shill the hell out of another ghibli film, which is exactly what happened with Spirited Away
>>
at this point it's just a token nomination.
>>
>>136255717
Marnie was good and I cried in the theater, but I don't think it deserves an Oscar... Tale of Princess Kaguya on the other hand, if there was an anime film since Spirited Away that should have won, that was it. I wasn't surprised but I was still disappointed
>>
>>136255717
Nominations don't work that way. Films are voted by the particular branch which is usually very knowledgeable on the subject matter. Winning an Oscar has every member vote which is dominated by SAG-AFTRA that has the most members but often knows very little of the particulars and may not watch all the films.
>>
who even wants an Oscar?

only shit movies win.
>>
>>136253938
They do not matter, but that's not the real reason. The reason they do not matter is that there is no objective quality to art and that a bunch of "academics" and industry insiders jerking each other off doesn't give any measure of quality to the awards they,well, award.
>>
>>136252247
>america loves race and gender politics and Hollywood "realism" if japs use these two together they'll win oscar

Fixed.
>>
>>136256089
I am not a westaboos that follow up Oscar stuff but isn't it the most prestigious awards for film in west?
>>
>>136256257
Prestigious as in "involving the most number of people in Hollywood circlejerking to it" prestigious.

Not Fields Medal in math or Nobel Prize in Physics prestigious.
>>
>>136256373
And even the fields medal and the nobel prize in physics have their faults, though they do tend to reflect a wide academic consensus of people in the field. The oscars don't represent the criteria of anywhere near a majority of people involved in the film world, just that of a smug rich elite.
>>
>>136256089
whether you think the Oscars have merit or not, it's still a massive boon to the marketing of the thing.

I doubt many 4channers in general give a shit about any award shows of any medium outside of shitposting and meme potential. If a noteworthy award show exists not bogged down by politics and circle-jerking, I haven't heard of it.
>>
>The Boy and the Beast wasn't nominated

HOSADAFAGS

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>>
This was actually a good year for the Animted Picture Oscar. There are no outright terrible nominations that are just there to fill up space. Anomalisa deserves it.
>>
File: 1181.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1181.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
Normies know about Ghibli.
Normies do not know about Urobochi.
The difference.
>>
>>136256633
Anomalisa just seems to be an animated movie just because. You could make it exactly into live-action and it would still be the exact same.
>>
Ghibli films aren't even in the same scale as other anime films, no studio will waste 50 million dollars on an anime film. There are like 5 anime films that managed more than 10 million usd in the box office.

It's all about demographics and the real problem is that there is a huge difference between ghibli and the others, no middle ground whatsoever.
>>
>>136256682
Normies know about neither.
The hollywood elite know about both, but Ghibli is the one and only "japanimation" in their eyes that will ever compare to Walt Disney's work, which is their criteria for it being good. Once Ghibli releases their last film, no anime will ever win an Oscar again. I'm not gonna discuss Urobichi's quality to lack of thereof because it's not really relevant to the oscars. Seriously, go read early western critiques of anime from when it was first entering the west, like form the 60s, and you'll realize that the naive and outdated standards expressed by those critics are the same ones used by professional western critics nowadays.

Also what >>136256886
says, Ghibli has massively more money than any other studio.
>>
>>136256736
But it is an animated movie, it creates the illusion of life, was an insane amount of work, and should win. Inside Out is Pixar and will win.
>>
>>136256736
And how is that different from something like Marnie?

Obviously I think the best animated films should play to the freedom animation gives them compared to live action, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to pretend that Anomalisa isn't the best pick there.
>>
>>136256967
>was an insane amount of work
It's just Claymation, isn't it?
>>
>>136257042
3D printing
>>
>>136257042
I think it is 3d printed.
>>
>>136250571
Does it matter?
What it really matter is that SJW bullshit is going to cost The Oscar for DiCaprio.
>>
Black MC should solve all problems
>>
>>136256089
>who even wants an Oscar?
>>
>>136257171
>>136257248
The internet cares more about DiCaprio winning an Oscar than DiCaprio does.
>>
>>136257248
>>reddit
>>
>>136250571
What is he doing
>>
>>136256967
>>136257031
Well, I think the Boy and the World movie looks interesting.
>>
>Caring about an award that treats animation as a genre instead of a medium

>Caring about DISNEY/PIXARWINSLOL: the trophy
>>
>>136257171
I hope shitCaprio never wins an Oscar and maybe quit acting so I can watch Scorsese films again.
>>
>>136257409
It's the most visually interesting film there but I haven't seen it yet
>>
File: [RIPPING INTENSIFIES].gif (400KB, 488x519px) Image search: [Google]
[RIPPING INTENSIFIES].gif
400KB, 488x519px
>>136257426
>Caring about an award that treats animation as a genre instead of a medium

And this is primarily the main reason why I hate the American Animation Industry.

That and the fact they treat a majority of animation like it can only be made for retarded children.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-17-12-32-38.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-17-12-32-38.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>136256257
>>136256373
I would say the Palme d'or award from the Cannes film festival is the most prestigious as it is much more international. Oscars are heavily tied to the American film industry. For instance look at this >>136257248
, a mainstream A list American actor is treated like he deserves an award because he has been in a large number of mainstream, successful films.

Also, very relevant captcha
>>
>>136257409
It is very cool, there is a huge upcoming group of insanely talented animators coming out of Brazil. Nominations are made by people who know animation why you can get some very cool small projects be nominated for animation and animated short.
>>
>>136257679
Cannes is also more accepting of weird, small movies by people who arent' neccessarily "in the know". I mean, Kung Fury was shown at Cannes.

>>136257658
they treat a majority of animation like it can only be made for retarded children

Not true, they (still) see the Simpsons and South Park as this newflanged mature animation that can be watched by adults. Retarded, immature adults, but adults nonetheless.

But yeah, the fact that they can't really conceive of the fact that animation doesn't have to be bound to one particular type of story or genre makes the whole thing a sham.
>>
>>136257385
It's called artistic performance
>>
>>136258020
>But yeah, the fact that they can't really conceive of the fact that animation doesn't have to be bound to one particular type of story or genre makes the whole thing a sham.

Stuff like this always reminds me of an interview they did with the stars of the Supernatural the Animation series and one of the guys goes on how animation is legit kind of awesome because of how much more freedom and creativity you can do in animation compared to live-action. I wish more Hollywood people thought like this dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JqaKisCWRBI#t=355
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sm2nsxRJ97A#t=321
>>
>>136252359

Short Peace actually made it to the real nomination unlike Madoka which didn't even make the shortlist was merely submitted. Only Ghibli, Sunrise and one other studio have ever been nominated for an Oscar, only Ghibli has actually won thanks to a really slow period for Disney clout and a bunch of flukes.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.