[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the rebuild movies worth watching? I'm hesitant to watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 9

File: ezgif-939792908.gif (3MB, 638x458px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-939792908.gif
3MB, 638x458px
Are the rebuild movies worth watching? I'm hesitant to watch them cause I feel like they will ruin the good memories I have from the original NGE + EoE
>>
sure
>>
They won't ruin your memories but they aren't anything special. If you haven't watched NGE in awhile I would suggest rewatching the show instead, there's a remaster that was released fairly recently.
>>
>>136176780
No, the firt two are nice but the third and after are shit

they destroyed the dark/mindfucking themes with mari the pink girl, her personality doesnt match in a series that focused in mental problems and shit, and the story goes too generic too
>>
>>136176780
They are.
Plus, they are sequels.
>>
>>136176780
They aren't worth watching, and watching them will make your opinion of Anno fall sharply.

They make Lucas's Star Wars sequels look great in comparison.
>>
>>136176780
Watch them, they're definitely enjoyable but appreciate them as what they are, a rebuild, its not NGE.
>>
>>136177421
eat shit
>>
One and two are better than the original series. Three is garbage.
>>
>>136177421
Woah there, they aren't prequels level as they are actually watchable.

They aren't great though. They're allright. Nice animation. Nice-ish action (of the transformers variety) and they have some nice sequences here and there, but make no mistake, they are not nowhere near as good as the originals. So adjust your expectations accordingly OP.
>>
>>136177612
Suck my dick

>>136178105
The prequels are also watchable. Far more than the last Rebuild.
>>
>>136177016
>>136177693
>All this 3.33 hate
I bet you didn't even understand it
>>
>>136178296
If you liked 3.33, you didn't understand it.

It's a fundamentally rotten people only fundamentally rotten people like.
>>
>>136176780
>Are the rebuild movies worth watching? I'm hesitant to watch them cause I feel like they will ruin the good memories I have from the original NGE + EoE

They definitely will do just that. Why taint a good memory with a poor entry in an over-commercialized franchise that actively butchers characters for otaku pleasure?
>>
>>136178384
I'm not baiting into the usual 2deep4u bullshit. The first two movies are fantasy fulfillment for the fans where every character acted as the fans wanted them to act, the third one is the punishement.
>>
>>136178208
>The prequels are also watchable. Far more than the last Rebuild.

I disagree. The prequels have no redeeming qualities and nothing you need to see. You get nothing of value from it.

The rebuilds at least have those nice sequence and has great animation quality. The sahaquiel sequence alone is worth watching it all for, it's a great scene in a vaccuum.
>>
>>136178558
Do you honestly believe that, when the third is - with less justification - exactly how fans wanted the characters to act?

The first two movies are Evangelion, the first one being a close copy even. Your argument holds no water.
>>
>>136178723
That's the point, the character acting as the fans wanted caused the world to be more fucked up than the usual.
>>
>>136178574
>I disagree. The prequels have no redeeming qualities and nothing you need to see. You get nothing of value from it.

You don't get to disagree with the facts. The prequels have technical achievements insofar cinematography goes.

>The rebuilds at least have those nice sequence and has great animation quality. The sahaquiel sequence alone is worth watching it all for, it's a great scene in a vaccuum.

It's not. The Star Wars prequels have far better visuals than any of the Rebuilds, from a technical standpoint.

From the Prequel-series, you are delivered the story of Darth Vaders rise as the empire's.

From the FIRST film to the LAST, there is a story here that has relevance to the original. With Rebuild? Nothing of the sort.
Rebuild only has waifu-pandering because it squandered the story it had.
>>
>>136178817
That's not a point. Let me repeat:

Do you honestly believe that, when the third is - with less justification - exactly how fans wanted the characters to act?

Because reality is directly contrary to what you're proposing. You are wrong about these movies on an objective level.
>>
>>136178827
I completely agree that they are completely devoid of any storytelling merits, but to try and using storytelling as a pro for the prequels is ridiculous.

As far as visual prowess I just can't understand where you are coming from. The prequels are just utter shit. It's just CGI all over and you can totally tell. I guess conceptualy there might be something there, but nothing materialized. Give me one worthwhile sequence in the entire trilogy.

The rebuilds however, while they are creatively bankrupt as far as story and character, and you can argue they made even worse decisions story and character wise than the prequels, you can't deny the quality of the animation and visual prowess of some of those sequences.
>>
>>136178904
Yes, I do. To be more accurate the thrid portrays the consequences.
>>
I'd say they aren't worth watching, not really.

On the surface they're quite similar to the show (especially the first movie), but where things go off the rails is the focus.

The original show mainly focused on the characters and their interactions: Shinji's relationship with his father, with Asuka, with Misato, etc, etc. While certainly the show also had giant mecha fighting giant monsters, those fights were a vehicle for exploring the relationships of the characters and for driving character growth.

The Evangelions weren't the point of the show, they were just a nice bonus in exploring just how screwed up everyone in the cast truly is.

The Rebuild movies focus mainly on the giant robots. Fights are longer, more lovingly animated, and Shinji gets to be a badass while riding around in Unit 1. Asuka's debut isn't a weaksauce performance by a girl with performance issues, it's a badass beatdown handed out via Unit 2, and overall the fights are a glorious celebration of giant mecha.

Which is the problem: Evangelion was never about celebrating giant mecha, it was about deconstructing them.

Now don't get me wrong: They are GORGEOUS to watch, but they just don't have any substance underneath it all. We get some basic character interactions, but for the most part the characters exist to move the plot from one giant mecha fight to the next for two movies.

The third movie goes completely off the rails, but it's to the movie's detriment. While the first two more or less follow a similar plot to the anime, allowing the viewer to fill in the gaps between scenes with their knowledge of the series, the third movie doesn't have that benefit and becomes even more incoherent as a result.

They're fun and all, but they're not really good.
>>
The rebuilds are shit, end of Evangelion was shit,NGE was shit.
You all have shit taste
>>
>>136176780
rebuilt is to NGE as anime is to manga/ln
muh visuals with edits to pander to fuckers who cannot get a story without it or colors
>>
>>136179123
>I completely agree that they are completely devoid of any storytelling merits, but to try and using storytelling as a pro for the prequels is ridiculous.
If it were just as a pro in general, maybe. But compared to the Rebuilds? I'm right. I'm right and you are overdue in admitting it.

>As far as visual prowess I just can't understand where you are coming from. The prequels are just utter shit. It's just CGI all over and you can totally tell.
Actually, no. While you're correct that it is CGI all over, you can't even tell 1/4th of the time. Because near 100% of that film is CGI. Every fucking thing.

Nobody notices, the only thing you notice is Greedo, the droid battle or Jar Jar binks. But you literally missed the remaining 75% of the movie, also being CGI.

With the Rebuilds it's even more obvious than the prequels. The cel-shaded animation stands out like a sore thumb against what is clearly 2D animation.

>I guess conceptualy there might be something there, but nothing materialized. Give me one worthwhile sequence in the entire trilogy.
Battle above Coruscant
March on the Temple
Two for the price of one.

>The rebuilds however, while they are creatively bankrupt as far as story and character, and you can argue they made even worse decisions story and character wise than the prequels, you can't deny the quality of the animation and visual prowess of some of those sequences.
I can, on the basis that you set the standards that the prequels were poor in the same area. Which they objectively and technically aren't. The prequels pushes more boundaries of cinema than Rebuild did or will ever do.

The prequel trilogy is actually fairly good compared to the three Rebuilds currently out.
>>
Cool fights and more Eva that you can just write off as having nothing to do with Eva TV and EoE.
>>
>>136176780
Watch FLCL, Diebuster (which also means Gunbuster first), then you can watch the Rebuilds.
>>
>all this disappointment for 3.0
so glad I didn't hype myself up for those rebuild movies like all the other losers and just stuck with the original series
>>
>>136179131
>Yes, I do. To be more accurate the thrid portrays the consequences.

So you're changing your story then. Well, it doesn't work out. The third also portrays characters the way fans want them.

But the biggest reason you are wrong, is because 3.33 cannot be considered a consequence of 2.22.
They are too far apart in character, setting or story for that to ever be true on any level.

1.11+2.22 does not logically or clearly lead into 3.33, therefore 3.33 cannot be construed as a consequence of 2.22. It does not show why or how things developed into this state, and nor does it bother trying, and because of that, it cannot be considered a consequence.

The truth is that 3.33 is pure bullshit, simple as.
>>
>>136179660
The problem with 2.22 is that Anno completely blew his load with the ending, very obviously without considering where he was going to take the series from there.

After he pulled what he pulled, there was nowhere to go. He couldn't just continue on, and he couldn't reasonably continue from there. That's why we got 3, which was a mess.

It's likely also why the fourth movie has taken so fucking long: Anno has to figure out a way to finish things in one movie, and 3.33 fucked things so hard that's going to be a very tall order, bordering on a miracle.

He has to wrap up the plot in two hours, and there's no way of resolving the plot in two hours without being more incoherent than 3.33 was.
>>
>>136179660
I'm not saying you have to like it, if you want to make you headcanon that the thrid doesn't exist go ahead, but it's wrong to say it doesn't make sense.
>>
File: Shiggy Diggy Doo.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Shiggy Diggy Doo.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>136176780
>good memories
>Eva
>>
>>136179874
It's wrong to say it makes sense.

Your theory and interpretation has been shut down entirely. As a matter of fact, the third Rebuild exists and the fact that it has every one of the flaws described earlier is a fact.

>>136179862
>The problem with 2.22 is that Anno completely blew his load with the ending, very obviously without considering where he was going to take the series from there.
>After he pulled what he pulled, there was nowhere to go. He couldn't just continue on, and he couldn't reasonably continue from there. That's why we got 3, which was a mess.

It's a mid-story twist, there's nothing remarkable or difficult to continue here. 3.33 is a mess because of 3.33, nothing else. There were any number of vectors the story could have been continued, and don't lie about that.
>>
>>136179529
>I'm right. I'm right and you are overdue in admitting it.

I mean, sure, I'll give you that. It's still a shit story and shit characters, so I dunno what your point is. No one will watch either for that.

>
Nobody notices, the only thing you notice is Greedo, the droid battle or Jar Jar binks. But you literally missed the remaining 75% of the movie, also being CGI.

I'm not sure if I can speak for everyone or it's just me 'cause I've seen so much behind the scenes stuff from the preqwuels , but yes, I AM aware that 99% of the backgrounds are not really there and honestly I think everyone can tell at this point. The CGI didn't really age well.

>Battle above Coruscant
Visually stricking. Yes. But also an incomprehensible mess.

>March on the Temple
I assume you refering to anakin's ultimate edge-out murdering everyone?

Yeah, whatever, I got nothing from that. No interesting shots, no threat, not really any action in a way. he's just murdering people I guess by striking them down with his lightsaber.

>Two for the price of one.
I knew this would come up. I just don't understand why people always bring this up. It's coreograped to the point where it just seems like a dance. In a bad way. There's a nice mechanic in the form of the gates which they underuse desu and that's about it. If you compare it to the final battle in TFA, for example, it just looks so bland and sterile.

>I can, on the basis that you set the standards that the prequels were poor in the same area. Which they objectively and technically aren't. The prequels pushes more boundaries of cinema than Rebuild did or will ever do.

I think you misunderstand me. I'm not talkiing about technical achievements here. I'm talking visual prowess, as in, artistry, cinematography, direction, sound. Not really who had the biggest computers. One of the biggest problems with the prequels is that there is no direction. There are no interesting shots, no adrenaline pumping action.
>>
>>136180114
Just because you don't think it makes sense doesn't mean it doesn't. It does what it's supposed to do perfectly.
>>
>>136179529

I think you misunderstand me. I'm not talkiing about technical achievements here. I'm talking visual prowess, as in, artistry, cinematography, direction, sound. Not really who had the biggest computers. One of the biggest problems with the prequels is that there is no direction. There are no interesting shots, no adrenaline pumping action. In the rebuilds, at least, you have a nice 5 min sequence every 20 mins, even though every non action scene is just stupid and borderline offensive to any one who liked the original stuff (not unlike the prequels)
>>
>>136180114
Yes, 3.33 is a mess, but it's a mess because Anno had nowhere to go.

After having Shinji start the Third Impact and then get cut off by Kaworu shanking him, the plot was off the rails completely. We got the timeskip because there was no way to have characters react to it in a way which would make sense in-universe. That's why we got the timeskip in the first place: Anno knew he had nowhere to go, so he threw the timeskip at us and hoped the audience would be to dazzled by all the new shit happening that they'd forget what a jarring move it was in the first place.

3.33 being such a hot mess is directly because of the events at the end of 2.22. Anno knew he would have had to spend half of 3.33 detailing just the aftermath if he hadn't done what he did, which is why he did it: He only had 3-4 hours to tell the second half of Rebuild's story and he couldn't waste the time he had remaining on detailing said aftermath.
>>
>>136179862
Did you even think before writing that? The ending of 2.22 was great and gave Anno a billion ways to continue the story in new ways.

Shinji, Misato, Rei, Asuka, in other words "the big four" of Evangelion have now met with revelations that are bound to drastically accelerate and change the way they interact and see the world.

Shinji in saving Rei and defeating the Angel is now primed for more independence as a person, and this mirrors the original in a way where Shinj's early succeses make him confident. His further development with Rei is also anticipated, with both of them having some rather big things to deal with once they get out. Misato is awaiting, and with her awaits further revelation about who NERV is, and what they've done. Misato has seen that NERV's own constructions are capable of priming an impact, the seeds for rebelion is sown, and also dramatic confrontation. Asuka is also presumably, hurt psychologically and now has to reconsider her part of this as well.

It could hardly be more perfect to continue an EVA-story here. Tokyo-3 is in shambles, everyone opportunistic now has a window to act freely. Including SEELE.

3.33 shat over the potential the two first movies had built, and instead delivered pure pandering and otaku sleaze.
>>
>>136176780
Sure, just be aware that they're different animals. Rebuild is much more of a super robot series and has snorting lines of Diebuster.
>>
>>136180400
That's the damn point. It's a punch in the dick to the fans after getting their hopes up with the first two.
>>
Yes. Specially 3.0
>>
>>136180323
>Just because you don't think it makes sense doesn't mean it doesn't. It does what it's supposed to do perfectly.

Because you cannot prove or evidence it making sense, it doesn't make sense.

>>136180394
Let me disprove everything you just wrote:

3.33 has next to nothing to do with 2.22, it choosing to abandon any and all earlier characterization and settings, either dropping them or rewriting them completely makes it fundamentally incompatible with 2.22.

A movie that tries it hardest to pretend the prequel doesn't exist, is not a consequence of said prequel. 3.33 is a mess purely because the writers of 3.33 decided to make it a mess for not-so-great reason.

This is just pure logic.

see >>136180400
>>
>>136180538
That's not a point at all. Because anyone who watches this movie, first-comer or not is going to meet the same conclusion, that it's a crock of shit.

You don't have to be a fan to dislike the movie, in fact the only ones who could ever possibly like 3.33 are the obsessed otaku/fujoshi fans who just want their type of pandering.
>>
>>136180400
The ending to 2.22 was great, but 3.33 makes it very, very clear Anno had no idea how the hell he was going to continue things.

Yes, 3.33 would have been great if Anno had wanted to spend the time on the aftermath, but the problem there is simple: How does Kaworu fit in with said hypothetical world? How do we retain the tension of fighting future Angels when we've got one sitting right next to the protagonist, ready to help out? If Kaworu instead is an antagonist, what's stopping him from ending the world? Sure as shit ain't anyone piloting a NERV Eva, they're all fucked. Kaworu basically fucks up everything dramatic going forward.
>>
>>136180609
It's pretty obvious you won't see the third if you haven't seen the first two. It delivers the message to both old fans and new people.
>>
>>136180546
>3.33 has next to nothing to do with 2.22, it choosing to abandon any and all earlier characterization and settings, either dropping them or rewriting them completely makes it fundamentally incompatible with 2.22.

All the shit that happens in 3.0 directly stems from shit in 2.0 and 1.0. Kaworu and Shinji's whole relationship is just him baiting Shinji into Seele's plan that was vaguely hinted at.

The time skip might as well have been left out for all the difference it made. The only things it really effected were Toji's sister's age and the Wunder.
>>
>>136180345
>I think you misunderstand me. I'm not talkiing about technical achievements here. I'm talking visual prowess, as in, artistry, cinematography, direction, sound.

Yes, and all the prequels have any Rebuild movie beat in all of those departments. A poor plot and story will ruin both as films.

>One of the biggest problems with the prequels is that there is no direction. There are no interesting shots, no adrenaline pumping action.
What sort of plebeian are you? Since when is "adrenaline pumping action" a prerequisite of good film? To say that there isn't adrenaline pumping-action in the prequels is pure disingenuity.
>>
>>136180718
>It's pretty obvious you won't see the third if you haven't seen the first two. It delivers the message to both old fans and new people.
It's not obvious, no. People do drop in like that as a matter of fact.

Moreover, watching movies 1, 2 and 3 does not make you a fan. A fan is someone who does more than just watch, it's someone who engages.

Your point is still as beaten and invalid as it was before. It's message doesn't work, and it fails to deliver any working message precisely because the audience can tell that it's a weak movie in every single respect aside from budget.
>>
>>136180645
>The ending to 2.22 was great, but 3.33 makes it very, very clear Anno had no idea how the hell he was going to continue things.

Nonsense. Just because he chose a poor path with 3.33, doesn't mean he couldn't have chosen any other of the millions of others. Anno has been doing this shit for more than 30 years now. He has a team of writers.

You will never, ever convince anyone that "it was difficult to continue" when any schmuck can give you an dissertation on possible continuations.

>How does Kaworu fit in with said hypothetical world? How do we retain the tension of fighting future Angels when we've got one sitting right next to the protagonist, ready to help out? If Kaworu instead is an antagonist, what's stopping him from ending the world? Sure as shit ain't anyone piloting a NERV Eva, they're all fucked. Kaworu basically fucks up everything dramatic going forward.

He does, and 3.33 killed Rebuild to pander such a character. Not only that, they made the character so much universe-ruining in making him some sort of timelooper.
3.33 didn't have to include Kaworu at all.
>>
>>136180757
>All the shit that happens in 3.0 directly stems from shit in 2.0 and 1.0.

No, it does not. 3.33 introduced more bullshit not present in either of those two, and avoided developing any of the character/story momentum gained in those two movies.

Stop repeating an obvious falsity, for the love of god.

>The time skip might as well have been left out for all the difference it made. The only things it really effected were Toji's sister's age and the Wunder.
Okay, so you're just downright unintelligent then.
>>
>>136181031
Seriously?

3.33 kinda had to, given the ending of 2.22. There's no way they could have shooed him off to the side, thrown a blanket over him, and completely ignored the way he comes out of nowhere to save the day at the end of 2.22. Kaworu being in the end of 2.22 is what fucks 3.33.

I can't possibly see how you think they could have left him out. It'd have been the biggest fucking plothole in existence to just ignore him for a movie and then trot him back out for the fourth movie.

Your entire argument is that 3.33 isn't fucked due to 2.22 while also requiring that you ignore a key plot point in the ending of 2.22.

You do realize how stupid that sounds, yes?

3.33 had to have him thanks to 2.22's ending. Therefor, the end of 2.22 is what fucks 3.33, for all the points I've mentioned in previous posts. This isn't a hard train of thought to follow.
>>
>>136180894
I said new people, I didn't imply watching the rebuilds makes you a fan. As long as you're enranged after seeing 3.33 everything is fine, I guess you would have understood this seeing the autistic fits you're throwing across the internet about it.
>>
>>136180798
>Since when is "adrenaline pumping action" a prerequisite

'Cause that's the point of action. Action in the prequels is just boring and overdone and I just can't into it. It's too clean, too calculated.
>>
>>136181241
>3.33 kinda had to, given the ending of 2.22.
No, they didn't. Not even for a second.

>There's no way they could have shooed him off to the side, thrown a blanket over him, and completely ignored the way he comes out of nowhere to save the day at the end of 2.22. Kaworu being in the end of 2.22 is what fucks 3.33.

See above. There is virtually zero problem with sending Kaworu away or having him busy somewhere else for the duration of the movie. In fact, it makes more sense than featuring him a lot.

>You do realize how stupid that sounds, yes?
It's not stupid at all. It's a fact. Your logic doesn't add up and neither does your argument.

Consider 1.11, it also features Kaworu in the ending. Yet, 2.22 only features Kaworu in bite-size chunks. 2.22 wasn't forced to bring Kaworu in for the majority of the film because of 1.11.

The precedent was set. At this point, you have to accept the fact that Kaworu making a post-credits scene has no real consequence when it comes to the prequel.
The right thing to do in 3.33 was to follow 2.22's example, to NOT feature Kaworu as larger character, and that is only fair and correct considering he's given more screentime than he already has in the original.
>>
>>136181291
The action in the prequels has more at stake than any of the action in the Rebuilds.

For one, it's a remake and the suspense is purely melodramatic for the first two and a half movies.
No one watching the prequels will know how it will end, since it's all new material.

The third Rebuild one has a final battle with absolutely nothing at stake whatsoever.
>>
>>136176780
I don't know, I always felt that as perfect as EoE was, Eva always deserved to have a happy ending, that it was never really going to be over until the mindfucks finally ended and Shinji, Asuka and Rei would be able to live out happy normal lives for themselves, and rebuild is kinda of way to shoot for that and that's why I watched them
>>
>>136181277
Projecting much? You're so mad you're literally making up nonsense about a cartoon and making poor arguments no one calm and rational person would make.

Remember: ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>136176780
They won't ruin anything. They're not meant to replace the original series. The original and the Rebuilds are there own separate entities, so watch the Rebuilds if you like.
>>
>>136181648
You're autistic. Just saying.
>>
>>136181595
I was just stating that your deep discontent with 3.33 is actually what you are supposed to feel.
>>
>>136181434
That's not fact.

In 1.11, he's just a teaser. He doesn't interact with the cast, so it's fair game to keep him out of the main plot.

In 2.22, he saves the world, stops Third Impact, and interacts directly with the cast in a concrete way: Not only has he just saved the world from destruction, he's also now the only person in the vicinity of Tokyo 3 with a functional Eva.

Kind of hard not to include him in 3.33 at that point.

But please, if you can explain to me how Anno could have logically excluded him from the plot at that point, go ahead.
>>
File: faggot.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
>>136181714
>calling me autistic for giving advice on whether or not to watch an anime
>implying you're not the real autist
>>
>>136181719
What sort of bullshit answer or argument is that?

Only a complete mindless fanboy would argue such a thing. Can you even begin to comprehend how silly that is?
Even you yourself, are you discontent with 3.33? What about the people who are not discontent, but happy because it was everything they'd hoped for in terms of pandering?

You don't see people defending movies or works by claiming the reader was supposed to not like it, and therefore it's good.
>>
>>136181506
>No one watching the prequels will know how it will end, since it's all new material.

Literally what are you smoking?

Of course you know. You know Obi-Wan doesn't die. You know anakin survives but gets into a suit. You know palpatine doesn't die and succedes. You know the republic gets dismantled. You know every sith bites it except for palpatine, You know every Jedi except Yoda and Obi-Wan bites it. You know Padme dies. You know Anakin ultimately betrays the Jedi. You know what happens to everyone relevant.
>>
>>136181894
You don't know the outcome of any battle the setting creates. There is a new story being told here, with new characters that may or may not die.

With Rebuild, you are facing _literal_ remakes of scenes.

It does not compare. Every complaint you have for the prequels in this regard is amplified negatively tenfold for the Rebuilds.
Literal copies of scenes you have seen before.
>>
File: Apathetic Kaworu.gif (432KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Apathetic Kaworu.gif
432KB, 500x281px
>>136181765
Kaworu should have just killed everyone and then let this godawful cash cow of a series finally die.
It never needed anything else after End of Evangelion.
>>
>>136181853
I prefer the original series, like everyone in their right mind. And yes, after I watched 3.33 I felt like it was a mess but I was relieved it didn't go the same route as the first two, which were mere wish fulfillment.
>>
>>136181765
>That's not fact.
It is. He is just a teaser in 2.22 as well. He makes no interaction with the cast as a character aside from referring to them from afar.

>In 2.22, he saves the world, stops Third Impact, and interacts directly with the cast in a concrete way
This is wrong. See above. In a "concrete" way would mean face to face or at least vocal communication, which there is none of in 2.22.

>Kind of hard not to include him in 3.33 at that point.
It would have been the easiest thing ever to not include him.

>But please, if you can explain to me how Anno could have logically excluded him from the plot at that point, go ahead.
In the exact same manner he did in the original, and in the two preceding movies. Kaworu existed all along, but the focus and view of the movie did not show them.
Kaworu might descend, and immediately ascend to serve as SEELE's watchman whilst Tokyo-3 destabilizes.

There is no problem here. Kaworu is not an important character or a character that is developed, he is only featured for the sake of pandering and nothing else.
Not including Kaworu would be the easiest thing to do and would interfere with absolutely nothing in the series.
Just like in NGE. The key to NGE's quality and 1.11/2.22's stability is not featuring characters like Kaworu.

Also stop spoilering your posts.
>>
>>136182086
Then, strangely, your wish was fulfilled and you are not discontent.

Your argument is so out of this world and so self-serving and self-contradicting you'd have to be near retardation to even make it.

It's a bad movie, and it's becoming clear you are only viewing it superficially on the waifu/husbando/action level.
>>
>>136181765
He's just a teaser in 2.22 as well. He doesn't feature as a character with any interacting dialogue and he's quite literally, shown on the moon like in 1.11.

The exception is an after-credits scene where he actually does something, and that's AFTER the movie ended, an after-credits scene.

This is purely teaser status. In the meantime, the real characters that are actually worth something besides yaoi pandering material, in 1.11 and 2.22 are getting interaction, development and new plotlines laid out for them.

They wrote out Rei in 3.33, who was a much bigger character than Kaworu will ever be in Rebuild (and in general), and you're telling me that writing out Kaworu or at least, less of him is somehow DIFFICULT?
>>
>>136182121
He's right in front of an Eva with the goal of "making Shinji happy". Even in the preview of 3.0 we see he has a lot of scenes, he goes down to NERV and meets with people.
Also, Shinji and Rei are unconscious in the Eva.
If 3.0 were to take off right after 2.0's events, then it would have to include him, as the ending of 2.0 is literally Kaworu right there.
And then the entire movie wouldn't include either Shinji or Rei because they're unconscious. It wouldn't include Asuka either because she's also unconscious. The movie would just be Kaworu and the adults, assuredly.
With that in mind, it makes sense they chose a timeskip. You can't very well make an Eva movie without Shinji.
>>
>>136182227
Now you're the one projecting, I never once mentioned waifus. I got my share of fanservice in the first two and paid it with the third. And like I said, I was not happy with 3.33.
>>
File: 1448086887684.png (3MB, 1545x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1448086887684.png
3MB, 1545x1080px
Best girl is in it.
>>
File: The cancer of every Eva thread.png (22KB, 1877x172px) Image search: [Google]
The cancer of every Eva thread.png
22KB, 1877x172px
>>136182440
The person you've been replying to is an extremely butthurt Reifag that only hates 3.0 for the mere fact that it does not include Rei and completely destroyed his hopes and dreams that Rebuild would be the Rei shipping pandering fest that he hoped for.
Same with the manga.

Do not bother responding to him seriously, he hates everything about Eva that isn't Rei.
>>
>>136182382
I think a movie without Shinji may have been better than what 3.0 was, focus on Asuka when she wakes up or some shit.
>>
>>136182121
Wow.

First, I'm spoilering my posts because the OP is asking if he should watch the movies, and we're discussing spoilers from the movie.s I'm not a huge dick to people for no reason by, say, discussing key plot points which differ from the original series.

What you're doing is basically saying "Oh man, you're going to love it when you find out the main character and Tyler Durden are the same guy!" when someone asks if Fight Club is worth watching.

Second, you've basically just said "No, see, it makes sense because I say so", without touching any of the things I brought up in regards to his appearance at the end.

Kaworu's appearance at the end of 2.22 isn't just a teaser. He has now directly impacted the main plot and has directly stated his intentions to further be involved in the plot. Those are both facts, so having him not be in 3.33 at all would be difficult to explain and would be, by definition, a plot hole.

His appearance in 3.33 is thanks to his entrance into the plot and the foreshadowing at the end of 2.22. It would have made zero sense to have him just bugger off back to teasers throughout 3.33.
>>
>>136176780
Yes they are.
Even 3.33.
Granted, they're not as good as the original series, but it's worth it. Don't know about you, but one of the reasons I watched NGE was to see Shinji slowly spiral into madness, just to see what stupid shit he'd do next and the films deliver on that front.
>>
>>136182539
Maybe, but obviously Anno didn't want to risk making Eva without the MC.
Or else Rebuild wouldn't have been a repeat of his story.

Also, we don't know when Asuka would wake up. I doubt it would be right after the events of 2.0 because she's receiving severe mental treatment.
That wouldn't make for much of an interesting movie if she was the MC.
>>
>>136182382
> He's right in front of an Eva with the goal of "making Shinji happy". Even in the preview of 3.0 we see he has a lot of scenes, he goes down to NERV and meets with people.
You mean in the preview they more or less abandoned in 3.33?
We never saw him meet with anyone. He was still in his EVA. He never had to exist it.

>If 3.0 were to take off right after 2.0's events, then it would have to include him, as the ending of 2.0 is literally Kaworu right there.
Objectively wrong and 3.33, ironically, proves it:
None of the events depicted in 2.22 in the preview or made possible as an immediate event, was actually in 3.33.

Hence, I'm already proven right.

>And then the entire movie wouldn't include either Shinji or Rei because they're unconscious.
There was nothing in 2.22 saying they were unconscious. They were last observed conscious.

>It wouldn't include Asuka either because she's also unconscious.
No problem in waking her up whatsoever.

>With that in mind, it makes sense they chose a timeskip. You can't very well make an Eva movie without Shinji.
No, it makes no sense because NGE originally had Shinji introspect in the EVA while the adults were outside. Watch NGE some time.

The movie doesn't need or require Kaworu in any way whatsoever, and would have been a better movie without him.
>>
>>136182537
It's a shame he likes Rei then.
>>
>>136182377
See
>>136182382

Given the fact they can't ignore what he did (Stopping Third Impact is sort of a big deal, plot-wise) the third movie has to assume it happened and isn't just a fun bonus. Otherwise the end of 2.22, without that scene, basically means either Shinji loops back to the beginning of the series and gives things a third go, or becomes God, either of which basically is an end-state for the franchise. Hard to make "Shinji is bored and all powerful" or "We're redoing the Third Angel fight AGAIN" marketable.
>>
>>136176780
You will need two tabs for this.
Tab1:
Go to your favorite porn site, and find some softcore gay porn

Tab2:
Go to youtube and find a shitty piano recital.

Congratulations, you are watching the rebuilds.
>>
>>136181093
Oh no?

Shinji's entire arc is motivated by his relationship with Rei from 2.0, the fallout of the actions he took trying to save her, and the realization that he trapped her in Unit 01 is what makes him desperate enough to pilot Eva 13 and ultimately fuck over Kaworu.

Asuka's pissed off and hostile at him for not helping her out, and when did he do that? When he sat on his hands and let Eva 01 nearly kill her. Her arc in the second movie was about learning to open up to others and accept help, which she does with her sidekick Mari.

Misato was suspicious of Nerv in 1.0, sniffed out Seele's existence in 2.0, and is directly leading the war against Nerv in 3.0. Her aggressive "fuck everything" attitude is shown off in the 8th Angel battle and goes all the way back to the first movie when she rips Shinji's ass for disobeying orders.

Nerv was experimenting on the 3rd Angel in the base where Mari was stationed and tried to control it by dissecting and building Eva tech onto its skeleton. The Wunder is the exact same thing blown up 20x larger.

Gendo wanted the dummy plug as a reliable alternative to a human pilot, and now he has two fleets of unmanned Evangelions plus Seele's super whatever-the-fuck Eva 09 is.

Kaji was already working against Nerv/Seele, was starting to bring Misato on board, and turned Euro against Gendo with the sabotage of Eva 05. Wille has the UN's fleet, Euro's two pilots and at least one of their Evangelions.

The whole final act is Seele's plan to a T.
>Step 1: Have Shinji meet Kaworu
>Step 2: Kill all Angels
>Step 3: Fulfill covenant, resurrect now-dead Lilith, awaken True Evangelion 13
>Step 4: Instrumentality

Even those fucked up headless clones were foreshadowed when Unit 01 started making Reis out of the 10th Angel's core and blood.

Eva Mark.09 being some kind of proxy Adam and the existence of the Wunder are new shit, I'll give you that, but saying the whole movie came out of nowhere is pure bullshit on your part.
>>
>>136182541
The OP deserves to be spoiled because he asked for groupthink opinion rather than finding out for himself. This movie is three years old now. People are just going to unspoiler your comments anyway when they quote them.

>Second, you've basically just said "No, see, it makes sense because I say so", without touching any of the things I brought up in regards to his appearance at the end.
No, I directly disproved you on all accounts.

Your claim about "concrete interaction" was disproved by pointing out that at no point did they meet face to face or carry out any form for communication.

Your claim that he has had an impact on the plot is irrelevant because that doesn't make him any different from NGE as Adam, having been present at 2nd Impact and more. Not only that, it doesn't follow that he should be featured for having made an appearance.

It was you who ignored all the arguments made. Rather than continue, try again. Read my previous post. Everything you brought up was debunked there.
>>
I just don't get the eva cat thing
>>
>>136182750
>You mean in the preview they more or less abandoned in 3.33?
Isn't your whole argument that 3.0 could make sense directly following the events of 2.0? Therefore, they would need to follow the preview in 2.0; which shows Kaworu out of his Eva and talking to people. It implies he'll have a pretty major role in events to come. An on-screen role.

>There was nothing in 2.22 saying they were unconscious.
Yes, it says right there in the preview that they are unconscious as events begin to move between the adults, Mari, and Kaworu.

>No problem in waking her up whatsoever.
She's in a containment chamber, being treated for severe conditions. Last we saw her she was tied with tubes and a mask. I don't see how she could be waken up so easily.

>it makes no sense because NGE originally had Shinji introspect in the EVA
That's because he was conscious. And even then, that was only one episode. Not a whole movie.
Eva requires Shinji up and running as the MC.

>The movie doesn't need or require Kaworu in any way whatsoever
It does when that's where the events of the previous movie left off. Which was your argument from the beginning, that 3.0 would work if it left off from 2.0.
But you've been proven wrong, a timeskip is needed to avoid the numerous problems mentioned above.
>>
>>136182766
>Given the fact they can't ignore what he did (Stopping Third Impact is sort of a big deal, plot-wise) the third movie has to assume it happened and isn't just a fun bonus.

It is literally a bonus. An after-credits scene.

Not only that you're wrong about everything you wrote in your post. Shinji or Rei wasn't unconscious, last time you see them they're wide awake. Asuka is unconscious, but there is nothing wrong with waking her up in the first scene in 3.33.
>>
File: come sweet death.png (412KB, 510x523px) Image search: [Google]
come sweet death.png
412KB, 510x523px
>>136182866
underrated post
>>
>>136182919
Now I know you gotta be trolling.

You still haven't shown any concrete way that Kaworu could have exited the plot at that point, aside from a hilariously childish and stupid argument that "He was a teaser in the first movie, so his appearance in the second movie has to be a teaser too!", ignoring the actual content of what he did, how he did, and the blatant foreshadowing at the end.

You can call your bullshit "facts" all you like, but it doesn't make you any less wrong when you have to ignore reality to get them.
>>
>>136182965
>Isn't your whole argument that 3.0 could make sense directly following the events of 2.0?
First it is proving to you that everything you wrote is objectively wrong.

The events you claim _must_ be shown was in fact, not shown. This is over, you lost that argument.

That they could have continued 2.0 without showing Kaworu is therefore, a fact. They already have. Even if we were to continue 2.0 where it ended, we could have shown as much of Kaworu in 3.33 as in 2.22 and be done with it.

>Yes, it says right there in the preview that they are unconscious as events begin to move between the adults, Mari, and Kaworu.
Trapped, not unconscious. Just like in the original NGE by the way where Shinji is absorbed by NGE.

>She's in a containment chamber, being treated for severe conditions. Last we saw her she was tied with tubes and a mask. I don't see how she could be waken up so easily.
She's not being treated, she's a specimen it is said.

She could simply be waked. Moved away, undrugged and waked. Literally happened in EoE by the way. Anything can be written in.

>That's because he was conscious. And even then, that was only one episode. Not a whole movie.
Who says Shinji needs to be out for the whole movie? Have him and Rei introspect in the beginning where everything is set up, bring them out about a quarter into the movie and it's all good to go.

>It does when that's where the events of the previous movie left off. Which was your argument from the beginning, that 3.0 would work if it left off from 2.0.
>But you've been proven wrong, a timeskip is needed to avoid the numerous problems mentioned above.
See above, you're wrong.
>>
>>136183171
>You still haven't shown any concrete way that Kaworu could have exited the plot at that point'
How about this, he goes down into Terminal Dogma with Mark.06.

There, he is killed in a trap Gendo "Keikaku Doori" Ikari has set up for him. He has now exited the plot.

Another suggestion, he goes down there, and stays there until the end of the movie. Off screen while the rest of the characters are fighting or making sense of what just happened.

There's any number of ways it can be written. Any of those are concrete, and realizable.
>>
>>136183315
Both suggestions are flat-out retarded.

>Gendo has a trap that can kill an Eva, in a franchise where Evas are the only things which can fight Angels and are pretty much immune to anything short of nukes.

For Gendo's plan to work, he has to be willing to nuke Terminal Dogma, i.e. his own base. That's assuming the events which had just happened didn't fuck over his trap in the first place.

>Kaworu just waits
Yeah, he's going to just go and sit down like a good little boy, and everyone else is just going to completely ignore the fact there's an Eva with an unknown pilot in the heart of their base.

Neither one makes sense, let alone is "concrete and realizable".
>>
>>136183171
You've shown nothing either.

All of your arguments have been defeated. Even a twelve-year old knows that writing out a character is no more difficult than putting letters down on paper. If we were to continue 2.22, we could feature Kaworu, sure. But not as much as 3.33 does it, that would make for a bad movie for the reasons this: >>136180645
anon points out, even though if he (you?) is entirely wrong about excluding Kaworu being in any way difficult.

Here's one way:
The movie features Misato, Asuka, Kaji and Gendo at first, showing them first recovering and laying strategies from their perspective. Kaworu is then nowhere to be seen until the later parts of the movie, after Shinji and the rest of the characters have been developed in detail.

Then it is revealed that Mark.06 is amidst the confusion descending into Terminal Dogma, potentially ending it like episode 23 with a confrontation or since this is a movie, a cliffhanger for the next movie.

See? There is no problem. Despite your claims, you've never made an argument for why it can't be done. There isn't such an argument to begin with.
>>
>>136183215
>The events you claim _must_ be shown was in fact, not shown. This is over, you lost that argument
It's shown right there in the preview. Which is where 2.0 ended.
If 3.0 is to continue off 2.0, then it must follow the events of that preview.
This shows Shinji unconscious, Rei has become a giant Red thing dissolving into the Eva, Japan is destroyed, and Kaworu stops everything and is going down into dogma to meet with unidentified individuals.

Everything else you say is just speculation which directly goes against the canon of what we're shown.
>>
>>136183478
>Both suggestions are flat-out retarded.
They're great, you're just butthurt that they work and your point is now moot.

>For Gendo's plan to work, he has to be willing to nuke Terminal Dogma, i.e. his own base. That's assuming the events which had just happened didn't fuck over his trap in the first place.
Which has been prepared to do earlier, and no, it doesn't need nuking either. You could even make the "Key of Nebuchadnezzar" the device from which the trap is set and sprung.

>Yeah, he's going to just go and sit down like a good little boy, and everyone else is just going to completely ignore the fact there's an Eva with an unknown pilot in the heart of their base.

They have other things to worry about, say; the imminent destruction coupled with the fact that they can't do shit about it since all their EVA's are out of commision.

Kaworu had no qualms waiting on the moon for TWO WHOLE MOVIES doing squat but stare out in space. Why is it a problem now? Cut to him channeling or preparing some ritual per SEELE's instruction, and you've got a device of suspension throughout the entire movie.

All of these are concrete, realizable, and better: would make a better movie than 3.33 did.
>>
>>136183642
>the "Key of Nebuchadnezzar"
That's not what it does, you retard.
>>
>>136182509
That's some pretty low quality b8 you got there.
>>
>>136183556
>It's shown right there in the preview. Which is where 2.0 ended.
The preview is not 3.33, nor a movie in itself. 1.11's preview had scenes that were omitted in 2.22.

This argument of yours, it's over. Don't be childish, accept that you're wrong so we can move on.

>If 3.0 is to continue off 2.0, then it must follow the events of that preview.
Just refer to my earlier post please. Refer to the fact that 1.11's preview was also partly discarded. It doesn't have to follow those events, and we could simply include those events and nothing more.

>This shows Shinji unconscious,
This never happened.
>Rei has become a giant Red thing dissolving into the Eva,
Rei was last seen inside with Shinji, and the preview backs this up.

>Japan is destroyed
We only see the surrounding area of tokyo-3 destroyed, not all of Japan. The "explosion" at America in the same movie destroyed a much, much larger area.

>Kaworu stops everything and is going down into dogma to meet with unidentified individuals.
Only that he stops it is shown in the bonus-scene at the end. The meeting is in the preview.

>Everything else you say is just speculation which directly goes against the canon of what we're shown.
That goes for you, you've either intentionally lied or misremembered half of it. I have the source material here with me, reviewing it is easy and shows you're wrong.

Moreover, all f the depicted events can be included in 3.33 without having an overt or even noticeable Kaworu focus.

There is about ~1min of footage implied to happen next in the footage, showing 1min of Kaworu and nothing more in 3.33 is possible, and would have made a better movie.

The bottom line is, 3.33 proved you wrong. A hypothetical 3.33 that continues after 2.0 can just as easily prove you wrong.
We could skip a month or two after 2.22, that's what NGE did.

Japan is destroyed, and Kaworu stops everything and is going down into dogma to meet with unidentified individuals.
>>
>>136183774
>That's not what it does, you retard.
It does whatever the writers writes it to do, retard.

It could do anything from growing giant Angel Battleships to endowing a user with super-powers. By the time 2.0 ended, what it does is not established.
>>
>>136183925
>what it does is not established
Yes it does, you literal retard.
We already know its purpose from the minute it appears. That will never change no matter what.
>>
>>136183989
Your fanwank != canon
>>
>>136183872
>1.11's preview had scenes that were omitted in 2.22
Like what? Surely not 3/4s of the scenes like 2.0's preview having all those Kaworu scenes.

According to the preview, Kaworu is allied with NERV and has been there knowingly by the adults, for some time too.
That's why he's wearing the uniform and not the plugsuit.

>Rei was last seen inside with Shinji
No, Rei was seen inside an angel, and that pulled out into a Rei-shaped red blob which was dissipating into the Eva. She never gets pulled into Shinji's entry plug, that would be impossible.
She's become tang.
>>
>>136183989
No faggot. it's not mentioned in 2.22 what it is, nor is it explained in 3.33 either.

Keep in mind, that in NGE, when Adam was introduced, what he was changed during the course of the series. What he actually was or how he would be used was in complete mystery.
>>
>>136184038
You forgot you quote your own posts there, buddy.
>>
>>136184173
>it's not mentioned in 2.22 what it is
Confirmed for not watching 2.22.

>when Adam was introduced, what he was changed during the course of the series
No, he was introduced as the first angel. And that's what he always was, from beginning to end.
>>
File: eva2-22_C1837.jpg (75KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
eva2-22_C1837.jpg
75KB, 960x540px
>>136184086
>Like what?
Like a confrontation between Misato and Ritsuko, and Mari standing amidst a series of explosions.

>Surely not 3/4s of the scenes like 2.0's preview having all those Kaworu scenes.
Rebuild 2.0's preview is not 3/4 Kaworu. Are you seriously lying now because you have nothing?

>According to the preview, Kaworu is allied with NERV
False. He wears NERV-clothing. That does not mean he is allied to NERV.

>and has been there knowingly by the adults, for some time too.
There is nothing indicating this whatsoever.

In fact, all of his scenes may refer to a past event, which would be in 3.33 a flashback. There is no frame of reference given for any of his scenes.

The time in which Mark.06 descends to Terminal Dogma is not shown.
The time he meets any children is not discussed or shown.

>No, Rei was seen inside an angel, and that pulled out into a Rei-shaped red blob which was dissipating into the Eva. She never gets pulled into Shinji's entry plug, that would be impossible. She's become tang.
You're either misremembering, or straight out bluffing. Rei is seen, visually, inside EVA01. Here shown in this picture straight out of google.

I think, by this point, it's embarrassing if you keep denying the facts.
>>
>>136184326
He's introduced as "The first human being".

Later that "human being" is then said to be the giant at the cross we later find out is actually Lilith.

You are confirmed for retarded Rebuild-baby.
>>
>>136184086
More or less the entire preview for 2.0 was scrapped in some form, or drastically altered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdCCqR6Fw3I&t=0m29s
There is the preview. 3/4 of that is Kaworu? Try 1/10.

Literally nothing you said was true.
>>
>>136177016
>third
>and after
Literally wut
>still hating mari
delicious
>>
>>136176780
They are worth watching I guess.
They are superbly animated movies about mechas beating the shit out of each other with an evangelion-ish feel to it. If that sounds like your thing watch them, it's not like it would take you that much time, and unless you're an autist they won't "ruin" any memories or any similar bullshit
>>
File: 1388268349437.jpg (14KB, 148x177px) Image search: [Google]
1388268349437.jpg
14KB, 148x177px
>>136177016
>complains that 3.33 destroyed dark themes
>loves the lighthearted fanservice bullshit of 2.22 instead
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.