[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1374

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 540
Thread images: 56

File: djt.png (198KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
djt.png
198KB, 1000x750px
Cornucopia of Resources / Guide (read Guide before asking questions):
http://bitlasers.com/djt

Previous Thread:
>>136065712
>>
File: DJTの勇者.png (1MB, 1281x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DJTの勇者.png
1MB, 1281x1080px
なるべく諦めない!
なせば大抵なんとかなる!

Persistence is the key to success. You CAN learn Japanese!
>>
File: 白黒.jpg (567KB, 1326x978px) Image search: [Google]
白黒.jpg
567KB, 1326x978px
>>
File: 1452684595230.jpg (235KB, 799x1821px) Image search: [Google]
1452684595230.jpg
235KB, 799x1821px
>>136090519
DJT All In One Japanese Learners Package:
https://mega.nz/#F!LxMxkIKC!f2og2tfEfSCnQcB0xbF_2g
http://pastebin.com/FGn3cxMR
>>
Just starting for real after several false starts, ditching genki this time for Tae Kim, anki, and heisig.

Should I learn the readings as I do heisig or just the names of the radicals and learn readings as the kanji come up in anki? Should I get a heisig deck for the radical names along with the anki 2k/6k?
>>
今日のスーパーマリオメーカー 「デイジー」編

What would be the most accurate English translation of 編? Update? Part? Chapter? Does it vary?
>>
>doing Core
>医者
>okay, いしゃ, got it
>お医者さん
>what the fuck

Why are there two different cards for 医者 and お医者さん?
>>
>>136090360
broccoli is "nutritional" too, but nobody acts like it gives you special memory powers
>>
>>136090677
>Should I learn the readings as I do heisig
Noooooo
>just the names of the radicals and learn readings as the kanji come up in anki?
Yes if by "anki" you mean vocab deck.
I am pretty sure everyone who does RTK also does an anki deck with it
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 447x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 447x600px
Remember that wanikani is the key to success!
>>
File: 1452559981715.jpg (150KB, 447x600px) Image search: [Google]
1452559981715.jpg
150KB, 447x600px
>>136090738
>>
>>136090773
>Dekinai is happy

So you are an agent of the dark mistress sent to confound our hearts and lead us off the path of Japanese? hmmmmph.
>>
>>136090677

DJT doesn't like Heisig but I do so I'll help you out. If you do Heisig, in order to get the actual benefits of it (namely, being able to go through Core as fast as you want) you should get at least over halfway through it before you start Core, otherwise you won't know any of the keywords for basic kanji. How many new cards/day (approx) are you planning on doing?

>Should I learn the readings as I do heisig

No.
>>
File: make your mother proud.png (248KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
make your mother proud.png
248KB, 564x564px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
I just love to work hard.
>>
>>136090869
please, shill-kun, get out of my /djt/
>>
Anyone here read the Grisaia VN's?
Wondering how different they are from the anime
>>
>>136090697
So you can artificially boost your stats and feel good about yourself
>>
>>136090648
It boggles my mind that someone was butthurt enough by the wanikani posting to spend hours of their life putting together this mega folder and writing an enormous essay about a better way to learn Japanese.
>>
File: 出来る.jpg (128KB, 468x836px) Image search: [Google]
出来る.jpg
128KB, 468x836px
>>136090773
Die die die die die.
>>
>>136090977
>butthurt
It's not butthurt, it's the innate desire to spread truth inherent in all intellectuals
>>
File: 1452666415832.png (198KB, 599x669px) Image search: [Google]
1452666415832.png
198KB, 599x669px
>learning Japanese

top kek
>>
>>136090889
I'm planning on 20 cards a day for now, dropping to 15 if I fail reviews a lot. So I should drop core and focus on learning to construct the kanji for now?
>>
>>136091020
Sounds like butthurt.
>>
>>136090677
>just the names of the radicals
Knowing the "names" of the kanji is absolutely meaningless. Only the readings are worth something, and those are best obtained through vocab.
>>

Literally.
>>
>>136091087
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

>learning English
>>
>>136090691
I'd say it varies, since it can mean a collection of books or movies or scenes or songs. I think you're off on the meaning with update/part/chapter, it's more like compilation.
>>
>>136091113
I mean, even ignoring the retarded wanikani shit completely, that folder is still a great all-in-one resource to go along with the guide and help newcomers. The fact that such a resource is also useful for BTFOing any WK shills desperately clinging to the only thing they have over anki(the fact that it spoonfeeds you everything) is just an added bonus.
>>
>>136091589
Wanikani isn't supposed to replace anki, only core 6k. Don't be a shill.
>>
>preliminary phone interview
>Are there any work or education-related achievements that you're particularly proud of?
>mention Japanese
>interviewer seems legitimately impressed; moves me on to the main interview
>might have to give a demonstration at the interview

PANIC!
>>
>>136091099

Before I go any further, let me tell you to take everything you hear on here and anywhere (including from me, right now) with a grain of salt. The vast majority of the time you are being given advice by those not too much further down the road than you and methods that work for some may not work for everyone.

That being said, here is how I would advise those going down the Heisig path to proceed.

1. Kana.

2. RTK as fast as you feel comfortable with so you can get into Core ASAP while having a good breadth of kanji knowledge. If you want to do other stuff besides RTK while going through the program, then do some grammar - VJG, JtMW, and Tae Kim are all fine resources. Also, watch a bunch of anime (eng subbed) if you haven't been already and try to pick up common words and phrases.

3. Core, again as fast as you feel comfortable with (and keep up with) - this amount will vary from person to person.

This strategy has worked very well for me. However, there are a few things to note:

1. Although I love Heisig I would recommend most people to just try Core at first and see how they like it, and if they are having difficulty with it to do RTK. If you breeze through Core without RTK it probably is an unnecessary step.

2. If you are going through at ~20 cards/day then you will be done in ~4 months. Many would say being 4 months in and still not knowing any vocabulary is a terrible position for a beginner. If you want to avoid this, there are basically only two ways around this, and they are to either start Core about halfway through and bruteforce you way through the kanji you haven't seen yet, or go through RTK even faster just to "get it over with" and start vocab.

So should you drop Core and just do RTK? Maybe, but I would only recommend this if you're truly willing to go through RTK twice as fast to compensate. I'm running out of charspace so I'll write out a little guide on how I think the optimal way to do RTK is in my next post.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeVkO1xTXdg
When are the American faggot police going to give us a cool motivational parade like this?
>>
>>136091744
>looking for a job
>speaking to people

Subhuman.
>>
>>136091744
You shouldn't have lied.
>>
>>136091668
>shilling for something that is free
>?????

and the fact that there is literally a WaniKani anki deck - allowing you to go through the exact same program but with a superior and customizable SRS algorithm, uncapped pace, and ability to edit cards, FOR FREE - means WaniKani is 100% obsolete, regardless of how you feel about any other popular anki decks. Remind me which one of us is a shill?
>>
>>136091744
NEVER TELL ANYONE YOU ARE LEARNING JAPANESE!

To any newcomers in this thread, this is the number one most important thing you will read here.
>>
>>136091853

It wasn't a lie. I work hard at Japanese every day, and I've made good progress. I can often read several VN screens in a row without stopping.

I just don't focus on output at all.
>>
>>136091918
If they ask you to say something, but they don't know Japanese, just say long strings of simple phrases you're familiar with
そうかもしれないけどよくわかりませんたいちょうごちそうさまでした
>>
>>136091744
Don't listen to the others, it's good you said this since it appears you impressed them and might get a job out of it. Act confident and it'll go fine.

Learn how to say "oh well, it's always weird when someone asks you to say something in a particular language, you end up not knowing what to say haha" in Japanese just in case.

まぁ、”何か日本語で言ってみよ”って言われてがなんか難しい。 or something
>>
>>136091906
Also make sure you have a cover story in case anyone happens to find out. You don't want people to know you read VNs and watch anime.

Possible covers:
- I want to attend graduate school in Japan, X university has a great program for Y
- I love Japanese novelists like Harukami Murakami
- My half-uncle's family is Japanese and I want to be able to speak with them
>>
>>136091918
You shouldn't have told them that you can speak Japanese if you actually can't.
>>
>>136090648
I'm 1k words into 2k6k, and talk everyday with japanese people. But I need to be able to write my kanji for a test, so should I drop 2k6k and start over with this? Or should I just keep going 2k6k.
The test is on June, it also has math physics and chemistry. I'm studying math/physics/chemistry about 10 hours per day, and I spread my reviews throughout the day.
Have some advice, maybe? Also, how many new words per day?
>>
File: Cute_Dokuro-chan.jpg (25KB, 488x381px) Image search: [Google]
Cute_Dokuro-chan.jpg
25KB, 488x381px
I LOVE ALL OF YOU WERE ALL GOING TO MAKE IT KEEP WORKING HARD!
>>
>>136090648
Wanikani is better for learners than that shit.
>>
>>136092013
There's no "starting over" with learning, but if I were you I would start a deck for writing alongside with what you are already doing.
>>
>>136091975
>>136092003

I stumble big time whenever I try to speak. I forgot words and mispronounce things. This is probably not disconnected to my listening being piss poor.

I suppose that the best course of action might be to choose a few easy phrases for demonstration, and shadow them again and again and again until I don't stumble. I still have two more days until the interview.

>>136092005

I didn't say anything about speaking.
>>
>>136092153
When you inevitably spaghetti please report back and tell us about it.
>>
>>136092153
>I didn't say anything about speaking.
That's the default thing that someone is going to expect if you tell them that you know a language.
>>
>>136092195

I'll let you know about my success.

>>136092216

I didn't say anything about knowing, either. I'm pretty sure that I used the phrasing "Japanese studies".
>>
>>136092273
Nah, you're fucked, mate.
>>
>>136091099
>>136091801

The first thing to consider is Koohii. RTK is best used with a companion site with Koohii. In fact, I would go as far to say that without Koohii it would be incredibly inefficient and possibly detrimental to the learning process. Koohii has great user-created stories to get the mnemonics in your head without having to spend time coming up with them yourself, provides explanations when Heisig's keywords are ambiguous, suggestions for new keywords when Heisig's are strange or just wrong, etc. So use Koohii religiously, otherwise RTK will be slow, painful, and boring.

The second thing to consider is how to initially learn each kanji. Many RTKers start off by writing down their whole "story" for each kanji, in English, in their notebook. DON'T. There is not anything "wrong" with doing this in terms of retention, but it will take you twice as long for minimal retention gains. You would be much better served by going through RTK twice as fast with slightly poorer retention and shoring it up afterwards.

And the third thing to consider is the reviews. Consider 料 and 賃, "fee" and "fare" respectively. Suppose while doing reviews, you get "fee" and immediately both kanji pop into your mind. You try to recall which one is which and pick 賃, incorrectly. "Darn," you think, and mark it wrong. You absolutely should NOT do this. Why? Because this screwing up of similar keywords is fucking stupid and has nothing to do with actual Japanese, so don't mark yourself wrong in cases like these. Instead, just change the front of your cards to things like "fee (not 賃)" so you will know that is NOT the kanji that keyword goes to and be able to associate it with the correct one.

There are a bunch of other things I could write about RTK as well but these are probably the three most important points for any prospective Heisig-ers.
>>
>>136092065
Also, my grammar isn't that good. So starting to do what this anon said isn't an option? How many hours per day do you think it would take to tackle that? I'm sorry for asking for someone to hold my hand through this, but I kinda need it.
>>
File: c0029059_4c0c1e4873d9d.png (283KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
c0029059_4c0c1e4873d9d.png
283KB, 600x375px
君の名残は静かに揺れて is the greatest work of art every written. Every aspect of it, from the music to the story, from beginning to end, is perfection incarnate. It was worth all of those hundreds of hours of learning Japanese, solely to be able to read this beautiful, timeless masterpiece.
>>
>>136092347
No idea, I didn't spend much time looking at it. If you want your hand held then by all means, but eventually you are going to have to learn to study indepentendly. Maybe set your new cards to 0/day for the deck you've worked on and keep doing those reviews as they come up, so you don't forget anything.
>>
>>136092505
I see, that's a great idea. The exam is for a scholarship that only has 1 spot avaiable, full undergrad education all paid in Japan. So you guys are being really helpful. I'm very thankful.
>>
>>136092388
/s?
>>
>>136091166
This is my favorite djt meme. Please don't let it die out. Keep finding those pesky kanji for us, senpai.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (17KB, 250x207px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
17KB, 250x207px
>>136090977
I don't understand your problem. It's a really good step by step guide for complete beginners with everything they need. I'd give it a go in a heartbeat if it was posted early last year.
>enormous essay
According to word it is under 2,200 words and around a 1/3 of the size of our Guide. Is that really enormous to you? I thought it was short and witty for the most part. It made me smile and remember part of the excitement I had when first exploring the language. Looks more like the anon was having fun as opposed to being butthurt.

>>136091087
Is that taken from the blog of the ex-koohii poster, nestor/nest0r? Minimalist Japanese, or something? He has some pretty cool articles on that thing, from memory.
>>
Interesting topic boys

>>136091744
This is quite literally the point of JLPT.

An N1 cert. allows you to objectively show reasonable proficiency with Japanese even if you don't sound fluent or aren't terribly good at production.

>>136091906
I plan on revealing to potential employers (inb4 normie) that I know Japanese... but only after I pass N1 this December Dekinai willing
>>
>>136091668
>Wanikani isn't supposed to replace anki, only core 6k
Does WK have audio for words and sentences?
Also, doesn't WK do something with kanji in isolation? iKnow's Core program doesn't involve individual kanji learning at all, does it?

>>136091744
Does the job have anything to do with Japanese? Anyway, congrats on making it to the next interview.
>>
>>136093014
Doesn't JLPT only test comprehension, though? Would employers not care that you can only understand it and can't really produce it?
>>
>>136091166
Is this some kind of meme?
>>
>>136090922
Anyone?
>>
>>136093199
I see you're new here.

Unless you're doing the epic pretending to be retarded meme, which is more or less what that post is
>>
>>136091744
Just say a random line from an anime and you're good to go m8 :^)
>>
>>136093297
corey wa nandeska
>>
>>136092013
>But I need to be able to write my kanji for a test, so should I drop 2k6k and start over with this? Or should I just keep going 2k6k.
Why not integrate that link into your studies, replacing the Core10k instructions what you are already doing with Core2k/6k? Assuming you already know kana and basic grammar you can probably start at the step that involves the grammar deck and the kanji deck. It mentions Visualizing Japanese Grammar and by the sounds of it includes a deck with the video clips added to the cards themselves. Regardless of whether that appeals to you or not I think it is a general good idea for people to watch at least a dozen of the clips on visualizing japanese grammar (google it, the university site should be the first result) just because it provides a unique look at Japanese grammar which isn't really accessible in a text format.

Having a look at the pastebin now if I were you what I would do is use the kanji deck in step -4 and start at step -6, which sounds like where you may be at now.
>>
>>136093358
Can we please stop talking about Corey in the house, everyone knows it's a shit anime.
>>
>>136093401
I thought Corey in the House was an American 3D show about a funny little fat nigger?
>>
File: imouto.jpg (107KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
imouto.jpg
107KB, 700x525px
>>136090697
医者、お医者、お医者さん、お医者様、医者の先生、ドクター

くらいの言い方の揺れがあるとおもうよ

ごっこがくっ付けられるのは、「お医者さん」だけだよ。あたしの地域ではね。
>おいしゃさんごっこ
>>
>>136093358
hai degozaimassu
>>
>>136093358

太いニーガーです
>>
>>136093950
That's not very politically correct.
The acceptable terminology is "family sized chocolate block".
>>
>>136093950
>>>/ポール/
>>
>>136093168
Well, N1 won't be proof enough if you're interviewing to become a salesman, negotiator, or whatever.

But if you're going for some other position (for example, a firmware programmer for a company with a Japanese divison, or graduate school in Japan), it will mean a lot. Remember, they're sometimes sending people who know no Japanese at all. So someone who actually has the skill to pass N1 -and- has whatever other requisite training is an easy fit.

Also, despite what shitty redditors and youtubers claim, N1 does actually test a significant amount of kanji, vocab, grammar, and reading comprehension. If you know that much (assuming you didn't just pass with the minimum of 55% or something), you'll probalby pick up conversation and production pretty readily when you're immersed.
>>
I'll show you the true power of friendship! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>136093635
妹が好きだよ
>>
>>136094145

>>>/タンブラー/
>>
File: x-stage.jpg (23KB, 285x320px) Image search: [Google]
x-stage.jpg
23KB, 285x320px
>>136094145
>ポール
どうしてんの?
>>
>>136092273
Just say that you're at the stage where you can only read Japanese because you don't have anyone to practice with until you take a visit to Japan. Reading is still pretty impressive to westerners since Kanji is like some otherworldly writing system.
>>
>>136090648
That vocab deck is so bad and ugly.
>>
>>136094263
Even more impressive if anon can write out a bunch of kanji on a piece of paper while explaining his proficiency to the interviewers. They'd probably see it as some sort of black magic.
>>
File: 121212477.jpg (62KB, 1920x1057px) Image search: [Google]
121212477.jpg
62KB, 1920x1057px
>>136094305
I fail to see what is so bad and ugly about this. Little help?
>>
>>136094327
Exactly. My entire family thinks I'm super smart because I memorized over 2000 combinations of lines. I can't ever let them know I only bothered to do so because I wanted to read eroge.

If you can teach someone something they know nothing about, even if it's just one word, they'll think a lot more highly of you.

If there's a nip there though, you're pretty much fucked. You may as well have tried to impress them by writing out your ABC's
>>
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/easy/k10010368901000/k10010368901000.html

震災で大きな被害があった福島県、岩手県、宮城県の3つの県は、人口について発表しました。

"The 3 Areas largely hit by the earthquake, 福島県, 岩手県, 宮城県, regarding population has been released. "

What exactly is being released? There is no explicit statement of whether its information, or a report, or whatever. Am i reading this wrong?
>>
>>136094584
>If there's a nip there though, you're pretty much fucked. You may as well have tried to impress them by writing out your ABC's
On the contrary, at least with my personal experience. Japanese seem even more impressed that you can write their language more than your average westerner. Not a huge sample size, though.
>>
>>136094447
That looks fine to me.
>>
>>136091906
Yeah. They'll ask you what their favorite anime characters are saying and get mad at you for not being proficient enough.
>>
>>136094656
Really? That's interesting. Maybe it's just because I put myself in their shoes. If some foreign guy wrote the word "cat" on the board, no matter his background, I can't say I'd be impressed.
>>
>>136094447
Needs black background, text too small, too much useless information, hints on the front.
>>
>>136094715
Or shout at you loudly in public... SOW DES KA? NIHAUNGOW OH TABEMASUKA? In an enclosed spaced you can't escape from, like on the bus. And then you have to endure the stares of strangers while going h-hai like the faggot you are.

>>136094805
That's a little different... Japanese people can't even write Japanese.
>>
>>136094805
Japanese have been more mystified by their language than we have about their language. There is a cultural propaganda that trickles through popular media, literature and daily life re-enforcing the idea that Japanese is this hard language westerners are incapable of learning.

>>136094859
>Needs black background
Why?
>text too small
Open up the image and zoom it it's normal size. The text is pretty large.
>too much useless information
What?
>hints on the front
Again, what?
>>
>>136094447
There are three things I would change immediately (though this doesn't make it ugly)
1 - move "noun" below 二十日
2 - remove 二十日 from the back and just have it be はつか
3 - put English meaning below the kanji word
4 - (optional) remove Freq because it doesn't matter at all
That current format doesn't really consider the flow of eye very well if you know what I mean, pretty awkward to look at and over time to use.
>>
>>136094919
>English meaning on front
Are you out of your mind?
>>
>>136094630
They are releasing info regarding the size of the populaton. Doesn't say how it is released or what it is, probably just some generic report
>>
>>136094919
>3 - put English meaning below the kanji word
hihaihaahahahiaahllaaoaowawoawgh
>>
>>136094919
My bad, I meant below the kana reading. I was looking at the format when I was typing and the kanji is on the back on it.
>>136094980
See above.
>>
>>136094919
>pretty awkward to look at and over time to use.
This is the Core 10k deck which has been in the CoR, taken from a kanji koohii thread, for ages. I've been using it on ankidroid and anki desktop and the issue of
>doesn't really consider the flow of eye very well if you know what I mean
Well, I have no idea what you mean because it has been perfectly fine for daily reviewing. I think you've been duped into believing that what is written in the anki startup guide is the best and only way to set up the core deck.
>>
>>136095034
There are multiple core decks in the CoR. You just so happened to pick the bad one and are now trying desperately to defend it
>>
>>136094919
>That current format doesn't really consider the flow of eye very well if you know what I mean, pretty awkward to look at and over time to use.
This is really vague; what do you mean exactly? My deck looks almost identical aside the font.

>>136095080
Can you address the above? The Core2k/6k/10k deck is an improvement on the Core2k/6k deck and I am really struggling to understand your criticisms as they seem to boil down to 'I don't like it because I don't like it'- which I really doubt is the case.
>>
>>136094881
>>136094911
Yeah, I can see what you guys mean. I think it's just because knowing English in any non-third world country is so commonplace that it seems really weird to me to be impressed by your own language. If that same guy started writing polish, even if I were polish myself, on the board, then I would have a much different reaction.
>>
>>136095199
At the end of the day culture isn't inherently rational. しょうがないね。
>>
File: imouto.jpg (280KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
imouto.jpg
280KB, 1600x1200px
>>136094225
べべべべべつにおにいちゃんのことなんか
ぜんっぜんすきじゃないんだからね
>>
File: improved.png (89KB, 469x386px) Image search: [Google]
improved.png
89KB, 469x386px
>>136094919
I illustrated it.
>>136095034
I don't see how it having been there for ages matters when it comes to having an awkward format. Core used to have that GOD awful yellow format if you know what I'm taking about for a long ass time.
The format''s "fine" but it's pretty suboptimal, at least in my eyes, everythign I listed would make it a lot better I think.

I actually made the format in the startup guide, obviously I'd think it's the best.
>>136095158
>Noun below word
The first thing you should see should be what you're recalling, clearly. Having to skip over "noun" and "verb" every time is annoying and visually distracting, either you'll zone it out or skip over it every time, either way it's inferior to being on the bottom.
>remove 二十日 from the back and just have it be はつか
You already know it's 二十日 from the front, repeating it doesn't help anything. Having just the reading as seen in pic related is clearer.
>put English meaning below the kana reading
Like this, vertically speaking, one will see Kanji word -> kana reading -> english meaning, a nice flow from Japanese into English, which I think makes more logical sense than jumping back and forther with Kanji word -> English meaning -> Kana reading. Furthermore, having the reading right below the kanji allows you to immediately see whether you read it correctly or not, removing the temptation to press "good" as long as you got the meaning right, which is relevant because it's easier to derive meaning from kanji than it is to derive reading a lot of the time, especially in core. This is arguable though, my main focus here is just the logical kanji -> kana -> english. It reads better to me.
>(optional) remove Freq because it doesn't matter at all
I have full confidence that anyone using this deck will neither memorize nor look at Freq the vast majority of the time so it can be fully removed and not affect the deck too much. I said "optional" because really it doesn't matter.
>>
>>136094974
no no i dont think you understand it literally is saying "releasing concerning population". Is this just how japanese works? The subject apparently is the prefecture (3つの県は) but you cant release a "regarding prefecture".
>>
Fictional Japanese characters sure sigh a lot.
>>
>>136095354
>when it comes to having an awkward format
What is awkward about it? The deck image you have presented is so superficially different that those using it on a daily basis for a small handful of minutes wouldn't care either way.

You keep saying objective things like inferior, etc. but it still boils down to your personal preferences. The layout you have presented looks worse than the image presented in this post >>136094447
>>
>>136094805
>If some foreign guy wrote the word "cat" on the board, no matter his background, I can't say I'd be impressed.
Don't be silly.
Knowing 3000 kanji is objectively more difficult than knowing a 26 character alphabet.
Do you really think the Japanese are so stupid that they can't see that basic fact?
Do you think it's any easier for them to memorize all those kanji than it is for us? Remember, they're homo sapiens, just like you...
>>
>>136095472
>What is awkward about it?
>>136094919
>The layout you have presented looks worse than the image presented in this post
I don't believe you.
>>
>>136095371
> Is this just how japanese works
>japanese
>working
The only working part of this god-forsaken language is the giant foreigner barrier they put up.

Fuck.
>>
>>136095371
発表 = announcement
So they are announcing info about the population, how they do it is not written
>>
>>136095488
Yeah, a bit too late on your response though. I already atoned for my ignorance
>>136095199
>>
>>136095354
>a nice flow
>It reads better to me.
>I have full confidence that anyone using this deck
Subjective projection. I get that you think the format in the anki startup guide is the only way but all you've offered is personal preferences that have nothing to do with objectivity. Does it bother you that much that other people use something that doesn't line up with your preferences?
Seems kind of desperate, man.
>>
>>136095371
I think you are confused about the meaning of the verb. 人口について just means "something regarding the population (numers)" as you said, 発表 means announced here, not released. So there doesn't have to be a noun like 報告.
>>
>>136095608
It's way better than the shit you posted, daft cunt.
>>
>>136094145
実は、八/ポール/はそんなに悪くないよ、名無しさん。俺はいつもそこにいるよ。
>>
>>136095354
The thing with Anki is that you could customize the deck to look exactly like that. So what's the problem aside from it not coming like that out of the box? The order is the important thing for beginners and it's objectively better than the core2k/6k shitfest.
>>
>>136095608
>subjective
I listed some ~objective~ points, for example
>The first thing you should see should be what you're recalling, clearly. Having to skip over "noun" and "verb" every time is annoying and visually distracting
>Like this, vertically speaking, one will see Kanji word -> kana reading -> english meaning,
>You already know it's 二十日 from the front, repeating it doesn't help anything.
I would like to see any argument as to the contrary. It's all well and good that you can point to me and say "subjective", but I actually explained my reasoning for my format. Can you do the same?
>I get that you think the format in the anki startup guide is the only way
No, there are other ways, they just tend to be worse, like the one I corrected.
>Does it bother you that much that other people use something that doesn't line up with your preferences?
No, I just have the best for everyone else in my heart. I am not bothered at all. I've gotten pretty weary when it comes to helping people with anki, though, given all these semi-newbies that seem pretty heated with keeping stuff messed up like the awful DOJG format. I guess this is like the passing of the old guard or some such. No point in fighting it or being bothered.
>>
File: 1370192517060.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1370192517060.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>136091744
>Okay, anon, say something in Japanese!
>>
>>136095608
His is vastly better. You have no sense of design or composition. His explanation is spot on. I'm guessing you're not an artist. Freshman comp-sci maybe?
>>
>>136095805
Shut up and post the format so I don't have to fuck with it.
>>
File: 1451200011353.webm (464KB, 1280x1048px) Image search: [Google]
1451200011353.webm
464KB, 1280x1048px
>>136095517
>I don't believe you.
That about sums up your entire line of argument, doesn't it? Projection, incredulity and personal preference. If you have such confidence you could always upload the zip folder linked at the start of the thread, replacing the vocab deck which is in it. If I had that sort of confidence that it was "objectively superior" and thus better for learners, that is what I would do if I cared about the topic.

Why not do that? You have the superior format for learning, right? I'm sure the anon who uploaded it would appreciate someone improving what they put together. That is how the mega folder came to be in the first place, after all.
>>
>>136095827
>Implying UX isn't a major part of compsci
Nigra please.
>>
"If you're heart is gay so too will be your butt."
-Hiroyuki Miyazaki
>>
>>136095872
I don't have the Core10k deck they're using so I can't. Wouldn't really matter anyway because what's in the COR and shared mega is what everyone's gonna use.
>>136095884
Like I mentioned in my other post I don't really have the zeal for that. I'm pretty confident in my format but an old man shouldn't shake his cane at the kids about what's cool and what's not. It's a shame that a bunch of people will be using that bad format but sometimes life turns out bad.
>>
>>136095826
watashi wa anon-desu
anata no haato o dokidoki~shiteru
kira!
>>
>>136095884
Also, I said "I don't believe you" because I have some inkling that the people responding to me are attacking beliefs and not the actual format. Given that, for instance, you and this post >>136095608 didn't actually make any arguments or provide any reasoning against my suggested changes, instead they attack me and call me subjective, sure OK but what about the format? I had a half a mind that you were just being contrarian, therefore I didn't believe you.
>>
>>136096107
Retard.
>>
>>136095894
>Implying that has been true for more than the last five years
>Implying freshman compsci students are competent at anything other than arrogance
Do you remember what open source software looked like 10 years ago?
>>
>>136096107
First, I don't even see wherever "noun" is on the front template, so that's confusing.
Second, I would switch {{Vocabulary-Kana}} to be on top but elaborating from the image {{Vocabulary-Kana}} probably has kanji? Since what's below English is Kanji in the original image.

Honestly, like I said though, I can't change what's in the CoR or the shared rar so it doesn't really matter. Change it how you want to and that'll be that for you.
>>
>>136096254
Okay even though you posted this crap a while ago i had to comment. First Starting off your a BAKA and if you don't what that means do some research, also, it doesn't matter where she's born it matters what her parent's Race is, which in her case her parent's are Japanese which MAKES HER JAPANESE YOU BAKA!

Oh and if your being a Troll your a fucking idiot.
>>
What's wrong with the format the deck almost everyone starts on uses (the one in the startup pastebin)? Hell, what's wrong with just putting the startup deck there instead (but fixing the format to add images back since that was removed from the back template if I recall correctly). Plus 10k is a bit overkill since most people recommend mining after 2k anyways.
>>
File: 1446105472168.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446105472168.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>136096679
>>
>>136096679
Is this the birth of an epic new meme?
>>
>>136096817
It was until you fucked it up bub.
>>
>>136096838
Is this the birth of an epic new meme?
>>
>>136096838
I don't like your tone, pal.
>>
>>136096888
Don't give me that, bro.
>>
File: 5456.png (252KB, 583x875px) Image search: [Google]
5456.png
252KB, 583x875px
>>136096923
Choke on my rod, bro.
>>
>>136096923
If you're gonna pretend to be me you better take responsibility and do as I would, obey >>136097296
>>
>>136097296
Gladly.
>>
>>136097335
When did I pretend to be you? I'm just memeing.
>>
>>136092388
Did you finish it already? If so, congratulations.

Now I am even more sure I am making the right decision in saving it for later when my skills have improved. I wouldn't want to ruin something like that by reading it too early.
>>
>>136097371
When you replied to >>136096888 which was directed at me.
>>
>>136097414
That's just a meme.
>>
>>136097433
You're just a meme, friend.
>>
Anyone else like to sit up all night and listen to love songs and cry in Japanese?
>>
得ることよりも失わないことが大事なものだってあるだろう
translate it weebs
Seriously I just can't grasp the exact meaning.
Not losing something is more important than gaining something ?
>>
>>136097746
Nah, I listen to manly songs, not some girly shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvDPYg7wxvc
>>
>>136097805
>Not losing something is more important than gaining something?
That's exactly right. What are you unsure about?
>>
>>136097805
Pleasure of acquiring cum inside you
>>
>>136097933
Nothing.
>>
>>136095708
I didn't create that deck.

>>136095805
>I listed some ~objective~ points
None of that is objective. It's all your subjective preferences as to what you think is better.
>No, there are other ways, they just tend to be worse, like the one I corrected.
See: you are incapable of reasoning.
>given all these semi-newbies that seem pretty heated with keeping stuff messed up like the awful DOJG format
These are the best two deck we have.

>>136095827
>His is vastly better.
It isn't.
>You have no sense of design or composition.
Entirely irrelevant.
>His explanation is spot on. I'm guessing you're not an artist. Freshman comp-sci maybe?
Projection and assumptions, now samefaggotry.

>>136095987
>It's a shame that a bunch of people will be using that bad format but sometimes life turns out bad.
It is good, though.
>>
>>136098121
All I got from that post is that you didn't explain your reasoning so your post doesn't mean a lot.
>>
>>136098185
>so your post doesn't mean a lot.
At the end of the day it will mean more than anything anon/you can complain about because he/you isn't doing anything about his/your issues.

/a/utists are really adept at sperging out over tiny irrelevant issues and never doing anything about it. Meanwhile people who use that folder/guide/thing and follow it as laid out will likely become more proficient that the vast majority of anons who come here day in day out arguing over pointless shit and freaking out when other people don't share their black and white worldview. Results are the only meaningful aspect of language acquisition. Arguing over whether a card is laid out as
>Noun
>医者
or
>医者
>Noun
is not only pointless but it isn't productive nor constructive. What have you achieved by getting emotionally invested in an argument you aren't going to do anything about? I'd argue that the best part of that set up is that everything is there and any anon using it won't need to come to these threads and be distracted by the milieu of arguments based around non-consequential shit. Even wanikani is more productive for learners than the opposition to the color and minor layout differences this anon/you have been puffing hot air over.
>>
>>136097383
Yeah, definitely a good idea. You'll undoubtedly appreciate it more that way.

It actually feels so good to get such clear evidence of how much my Japanese ability has improved. Being able to smoothly zoom through scenes without having to stop and look words up or think about the grammar is just the best feeling ever. Although it's a little sad that I'll never get to experience the thrill and excitement of reading a sex scene while constantly looking words up again, one hand vigorously working away while the other mouses through the text parser, my brain simultaneously filled with passionate loving sex and all this useful new vocab. That was what I loved the most about Flyable Heart sex scenes.
>>
>>136098539
>At the end of the day it will mean more than anything anon/you can complain about because he/you isn't doing anything about his/your issues.
I put the format I think is best in Anki Startup Guide like a year ago and people have been using it since. I did do something about it. And I did something again when I recommended changes to the "new" deck posted. However this time the format in question is in the CoR and the mega that anon's sharing so there's not a lot I can do, it's not publicly editable stuff, and even if it were, it'd be obnoxious of me to change things that other people apparently don't agree with.
>What have you achieved by getting emotionally invested in an argument you aren't going to do anything about?
I'm not really emotionally invested. Maybe a little weary.
>Arguing over whether a card is laid out as is not only pointless but it isn't productive nor constructive.
I have no idea why people argued against my suggestions, especially since no one has yet explained why they aren't better. All I get are accusations of being subjective. I do not think discussions about card formats aren't constructive, these slight changes improve the anki experience in my opinion quite significantly and the changes are small enough to not be a big deal.
>>
>>136098645
If you know 感触 you can understand 50% of the sex scenes. That word is permanently burned into my memory from Flyable Heart.
>>
>>136099130
i guessed it based on the radicals, do i know japanese?
>>
>>136099179
Yes, congratulations.
>>
File: 1410156463213.jpg (261KB, 1035x1027px) Image search: [Google]
1410156463213.jpg
261KB, 1035x1027px
>have an untold amount of raw Japanese material at my disposal, more than anyone years ago would have been able to collect in a lifetime
>don't touch any of it
>>
>>136099316
Most of the time I just sit around and literally do nothing.
>>
>>136099316
Why spend time on native materials when you could be doing Wanikani
>>
What's a good mnemonic-based deck?
>>
>>136099813
Good point.
>>
Is there any benefit to owning a physical dictionary? I like having my DOJGs nearby and reference quite often, but for vocab, I can't see how having the real thing would be any better than smartphone radicals search, for reading physical materials, and OCR for digital.
>>
>>136100169
Fuck no holy shit
>>
>>136100169
Nope. Physical shit is just cumbersome and annoying to use.
>>
Even after reading a lot, combinations of multiples ん、の、じゃない、etc. at sentence end still give me trouble. I read something like あまり恥かかせるんじゃないの and I'm just not sure what the fuck it's supposed to mean. Anyone know a good resource for this stuff?
>>
>>136100423
Reread Tae Kim
>>
>>136100720
If you don't have anything to contribute just don't reply. 
>>
>>136100759
If that didn't seem helpful to you, then

you can't learn japanese /shrug
>>
>>136100076
One you make yourself.
>>
>>136100848
Telling someone to re-read a basic grammar guide is not helpful.
>>
>>136100423
1) の can turn verbal phrases into noun phrases like "~ing" and "to ~" in english.
2) じゃない just means "is not"
3) Ending a sentence in の can be another way of asking a question
>>
>>136101092
>2) じゃない just means "is not"
Err anon
>>
>>136101103
What?
>>
>>136101022
Well his/your question was based on basic grammar. Clearly his fundamentals are shakey if he's asking such a basic question
>>
>>136101177
When people react with hostility to being told to reread a basic grammar guide that's because they already read it and it won't help them any more.
>>
>>136101164
How familiar are you with grammar? How confident are you in your understanding of "あまり恥かかせるんじゃないの"
>>
>>136101092
I know all those things, but that doesn't make sense in context. In fact the fan translation of this line is "don't embarass me too much." Which would make sense. I've also found example sentences with Jisho like:

ーー
帰り道で道草するんじゃないのよ。

Don't play around too much after school.
ーー

And if I interpret it this way it makes sense.
>>
https://youtu.be/ZNUbICdVkXo?t=609
>these beautiful r rolls
tfw cursed with american accent
>>
>>136101215
>帰り道で道草する
Play around on the way home
>帰り道で道草するんじゃないのよ。
Don't play around on the way home
>>
>>136101329
So essentially んじゃないの can be used like しなでください to give a command/make a request? Do you know if there's an entry in DOJG that talks about this?
>>
>>136101392
しないでください
>>
>>136100169
Denshi Jisho are fucking amazing, but they're expensive and you can't operate one until you're at a fairly advanced Japanese level. (They're made primarily for Japanese students studying English.)

If you aren't doing a shit-ton of translation, stick to your smartphone apps.
>>
>>136101415
This isn't reddit, you don't need to post just to correct typos. 
>>
>>136101215
>And if I interpret it this way it makes sense.
Then just do that. Don't get bogged down in analyzing the grammar. That's not how people actually learn languages. Just get the general idea and move on. The more times you encounter it in usage, the better you will understand it.
>>
>>136101214
I'm fluent and you're going to have to explain how じゃない somehow isn't a negative copula, even if it's used in an indirect imperative construction. It's just like saying "no Xing" in english.
>>
>>136101436
Check timestamps
>>
>>136101492
Ok. I asked how familiar you were with grammar because "じゃない just means "is not" implied you didn't understand how it was being used, which is an interpretation I think you'll understand.
>>
>>136101529
It's okay I just felt like it was unmet hostility.
>>
>>136101392
するんじゃない is the "Don't" part in the sentence, the じゃない part makes it negative
I've never read DOJG but I suppose it would have something on it
>>
>>136101296
Fuck he's annoying to listen to.
>>
>>136101558
Don't insult Pocky you swine.
Really though he talks quickly so it's good practice, I think, anime feels kind of slow after watching him for awhile, and furthermore Mario Maker is fun to watch to begin with, unlike say Fallout 3 which I imagine would have actually important narration.
>>
>>136101555
Naahh, just making sure we understood each other because explaining anything
>>
>>136101609
He sounds like a DQN.
>>
I will communicate with you one day, Imouto
>>
>私だってわからないわよ.でも何が起こるかわからないわ.アナル,アナル,アナル,アナル,アナル,アナル,アナル,アナル,アナル,アナル,アナル,アナル,アナル,アナル
Japanese truly is beautiful
>>
>>136101903
What does だって mean here?
>>
>>136101948
It means even
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmzyC3T2tqc

watch this video without getting nervous when they call him, i bet you can't do it
>>
>>136102182
I cringed out as soon as I saw what website he was on.
>>
>>136102182
>having banners in your skype
>>
>>136102182
Matt is a cool guy
>>
File: w1.jpg (1002KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
w1.jpg
1002KB, 1920x1080px
Gather round everyone! It's time for some quality WaniKani magic!
>>
>>136102447
I guess I can't, because I already finished wanikani :)

It is truly the most effective and convenient Japanese learning solution on the market today.
>>
>>136100423
google maggiesensei, she has a great writeup with tons of examples about じゃない
>>
>>136102561
That's right, brother.
>>
>>136102561
I'm sure it's fine when you get into the thick of it, but I don't want to spend weeks or more grinding out shit I already know just with very slightly different names, so I get marked wrong on shit I'm comfortable with.
>>
File: 1425724046362.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1425724046362.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
>>136102566
>maggiesensei
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (548KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
548KB, 1920x1080px
>>136102447
>>
>>136100169
>>136101424
I managed to acquire a casio EX word d9800 from a friend. So here's the deal:

It absolutely shits on ANY smartphone app. Fuck a radical search, just write the kanji on either of its screens. It has tons of dictionaries and encyclopedias built in. (There's even a cursive script kanji dictionary.) Another very noteworthy feature is the "Jump" button that lets you look up definitions within a definition, with a single click. There's also sound (i.e. can reads words aloud), flashcard feature (no SRS tho), ability to write notes in the dictionary, save lookups into word lists for review, etc.

The big downside is that they are expensive. Also, they are designed for japanese people -- the UI and manual are in Japanese only.

Overall for reading physical media, it just doesn't get any better. I hardly ever open up Jisho.org anymore since I got this thing.

But as nice as it is, in the end it just can't compare to convenience and speed of the "mouse over" dictionaries like Rikaisama or your texthookers of choice. So, at least for me, reading material on the computer still trumps reading physical media.
>>
>>136102776
What are you trying to say?

It's a very good resource.
>>
File: gfdg.jpg (536KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gfdg.jpg
536KB, 1920x1080px
>>136102810
As if.
>>
>>136103176
Maggiesensei is dead
>>
>>136103267
It's back.
>>
>>136103313
Maggiesensei is the name of the dog, and she died awhile ago ;_;
>>
>>136103408
Oh. I didn't know that. Well shit.
>>
>tfw you gay
>>
File: 1438053727015.jpg (77KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
1438053727015.jpg
77KB, 639x639px
I didn't read any today and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
>>
>>136103602
Why would we try to anyways? It's not me you're hurting.
>>
>>136103514
Repent sinner, ere judgment cometh.
>>
>>136103712

That's what you think.
>>
>WaniKani reviews are at a point where doing them and my anki reps are becoming a chore.
I gotta cut one.
>>
>>136103816
>something has become a chore, thus I will stop doing it

CAN'T
>>
>>136103971
Spending this much time on flashcards is worthless, anon-kun.
>>
>>136103993
You're such a noob you're still doing wanikani-level material and you think you know how to learn Japanese? Just who the hell do you think you are, kid?
>>
Just drinking some coffee and reading the thread.
>>
>>136104076

keep me posted
>>
>>136104063
I'll show you what I'm really made of! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
>>
>>136104110
*runs you through with my katana*

owaridaze...
>>
A reminder that ironic shitposting is just shitposting.
>>
>>136104150
諦めるか
そのくらいで
せやああああ!
>>
>>136104150

the only mono that's owari...is omae no lifeu...

KKKKKSHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

*turns out of log form and uses cheetah strike*
>>
are you regreting not to being born to Japanese?
you whould never be pure Japanese person.
>>
>>136105295
Learning japanese as an anglo is a lot easier than the other way around.
>>
>>136105321
but youll be never be Japanese
>>
>>136105373
but I will
>>
>>136105396
NEVER
>>
>>136105418
WILL
>>
>>136105295

Why would I want to be Japanese? Learning the language gives me all the benefits of being Japanese and none of the downsides. The only thing they have other there that we don't have here is pretty girls and being free of minorities. Jap males look like shit most of the time so it's not worth the tradeoff being one.
>>
File: photo01.jpg (362KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
photo01.jpg
362KB, 1200x675px
I am Karaage
>>
>>136105462
but youll never be Japanese
>>
File: nisemonogatarikyoutai.png (192KB, 220x379px) Image search: [Google]
nisemonogatarikyoutai.png
192KB, 220x379px
nisemonogatari
>>
>>136105462
But this way you can never mate with a qt Japanese girl without being a disgusting mixer..
>>
File: goku does crossfit.jpg (90KB, 1006x753px) Image search: [Google]
goku does crossfit.jpg
90KB, 1006x753px
>>136105634

Yea, it's a tough dilemma. Japanese girls are the prettiest but if I have a kid with them I'll be diluting my own gene pool. Also if it's a male they'll be in the worst of positions since girls don't like half white/asian males but if it's a girl they'll probably turn out all right since half japanese girls are really good. They might even be better than the originals. Kind of like half saiyans.
>>
>>136105861
It is interesting that on average, people of all races consider Asian women the most attractive, but Asian men the least. If I remember correctly, it was the exact opposite with blacks.
>>
Jap girls are fucking ugly outside of the 5 "pure" whores you see in your internet idol bubble.
>>
File: imouto.png (394KB, 925x640px) Image search: [Google]
imouto.png
394KB, 925x640px
>>136105534
こんばんは。あからげさん
油加減はいかがですか
>>
>>136106240
Please. On average they're the best asian race and when comparing best of the best, only China's very best is better.
>>
Drank my coffee earlier, made another cup.
>>
>>136106637
>On average they're the best asian race
This isn't saying much.
>>
>>136106671

keep me posted
>>
>>136106701
Asians make up like 70% of the world's population.
>>
>>136106717
Doesn't matter when all of them are chinese factory slaves.
>>
>>136105295
Being born in japan instead of buttfuck russia I would have probably led a better life. But I'm asian so I can still move there and blend right in.
>>
>>136106240
Saw a couple of jap grillies at school today. I didn't say anything and just ogled them from afar because I have to hide my power level. They were pretty average I guess. One of them bumped into me and said "solee" but it wasn't as cute as anime and I didn't get aroused at all
>>
>>136106637
that's Koreans
>>
>>136107114
イエスもコリアンだったし、バチカンもコリアンになるべき
>>
File: SNSD pre-surgery.jpg (102KB, 600x457px) Image search: [Google]
SNSD pre-surgery.jpg
102KB, 600x457px
>>136107114
Please. Koreans are ugly as fuck. They have a fuckload of plastic surgery which improves their general looks, but genetically they're ugly as sin.
>>
How long does it take to reach N5/4 level?
Can I learn the kanji first then Grammar later?
>>
>>136107432
白人は嘘つき
>>
>>136106240
They aren't as pretty as Chinese, but they sure beat whites, and blacks, and spics.
>>
>>136107686

N4 is a "you know fucking nothing" level. Don't concern yourself with it.
>>
>>136106965
They'll think that you're Chinese and some Japanese right wing group will fuck you up.
>>
>tfw Thai master race and get accepted everywhere
Truly the best race.
>>
File: mango way.jpg (62KB, 666x702px) Image search: [Google]
mango way.jpg
62KB, 666x702px
what the hell was this manga demographic anyway
>>
>>136099122
>I put the format I think is best in Anki Startup Guide like a year ago
It's a pretty shitty format to be honest. People only use it because it is linked on the DJT site/OP.
>these slight changes improve the anki experience in my opinion quite significantly
They don't. You're delusional.
>>
File: Untitled.png (329KB, 906x4528px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
329KB, 906x4528px
>>136101392
Grab the DoJG anki deck, anon. Pic related are two cards from it related to のだ・んだ and の at the end of a sentence.
>>
>>136101482
>The more times you encounter it in usage, the better you will understand it.
That isn't even true for your own language.
>>
>>136110483
>>136110801

Are you just going to go down the list and reply to every post you disagree with since 8 hours ago?
>>
File: P1060029.jpg (2MB, 3448x4592px) Image search: [Google]
P1060029.jpg
2MB, 3448x4592px
I'll be giving a lesson (45 minutes) about Japanese to a bunch of high-school students next week. I'll talk about the Japanese language, how the writing system works, give them an idea of how the grammar is built up (e. g. Particles) and talk about the expressiveness in the language, the differences to German and English and the information that is lost when translating Japanese to English.

Pic related is my concept plan so far. I already know what I'm going to talk about when it comes to the loss of information, but I'm wondering if you people can think of any interesting things that I should tell them about the language.
Or perhaps some funny videos or something of the sort which deal with the language (I've already got 厚切りジョンソン in my plan).

Cheers.
>>
>>136111134
>I'll be giving a lesson (45 minutes) about Japanese to a bunch of high-school students next week

lol, they wont listen to a word you say
they'll just anime meme you into the ground and then bait you into getting mad, constantly
>>
>>136111510
Well, actually I'll be the one showing them anime.

(A scene or two from Joshiraku and the translators notes)

Also, they're gymnasium students (quasi-equivalent of high school but with far less idiots) so I wouldn't be worried about them acting like idiots.
>>
>>136111588
>I'll be the one showing them anime
>they're gymnasium students...so I wouldn't be worried about them acting like idiots.

Good luck m8, you'll need it all.
>>
Quick someone recommend me a good compelling Japanese let's play, preferably a girl with an easy to understand voice and a somewhat small vocabulary
>>
>>136111588

You should probably use non-anime stuff instead, everyone always equating Japanese with anime is precisely why I'd wager people are going to have a hard time taking you or what you're saying seriously.
>>
>>136111835
This. It's not helpful in any way to bring anime into it when there's tons of other media to draw from.
>>
>>136105861
Does crossfit usually involve breaking your neck?
>>
>>136111639
Cheers.

>>136111835
Well, I'll be showing them non-anime stuff too, but it seems stupid to not include anime & manga related stuff since that is pretty much how I got into Japanese and it's great for giving examples.

Aside from which, I recently wrote a paper on the loss of information in translating Japanese manga to English. Not taking reference to the work I did seems like a huge loss.
>>
Is 老舗 usually read as shinise or roubo?
>>
>>136112054
*rouho
>>
>>136112054
Shinise probs
>>
File: 2hjm2mw.jpg (63KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
2hjm2mw.jpg
63KB, 960x720px
尻お食べるか?
>>
>>136112030

>but it seems stupid to not include anime & manga related stuff since that is pretty much how I got into Japanese and it's great for giving examples.

Using anime as an example will have exactly two kinds of reactions, some guys are going to be super into it and the rest are going to roll their eyes.

Manga is totally fine depending on what you go with, but don't show them cartoons if it's the language you're there to talk about and want it to be taken seriously. The fact that people are often outright embarassed to tell anyone they're learning Japanese should tell you how deep-seated the "Japanese language = anime weeb" -mindset is amongst a lot of people, and all you'll succeed at is propagating the stereotype even further.

Use movies instead, maybe some old classics to demonstrate how the language has changed over time or something along those lines.
>>
>>136112406
He said he wants to portray the information that's lost when translating Japanese, and Joshiraku is pretty perfect for that, I think as long as he outlines why he's using that example (because it's a comedy that heavily relies on Japanese puns and wordplay and shit) then it will look less like he's just using anime because he's a weeb and more because it generally gets his points across

Although it is true that some people tend to see anime and just shut off completely, so maybe it would be more beneficial to focus on something else, but it depends what audience he's going to be presenting to
>>
How would you translate このやろう trying to be as literal as possible but still conveying the proper meaning?
>>
>>136112668
Bastard
>>
What do you do on those days you don't seem to understand anything that you are reading?

Feels like shit today.

Keep on or rest?
>>
>>136112732
Come on, you should know the answer to that. It's common sense.
>>
>>136112758
Masturbate?
>>
>>136112853
Only to raws though
>>
>>136112406
Well, I'll be using manga or novels for most of my examples, but I can't really think of anything that's more suited to talk about the relationship between language and culture than Joshiraku.

Especially since the translator has comprehensive notes for each episode.

http://
notredrevie.
ws/2012/07/09/joshiraku-01-notes-and-the-like/

I'll be using all kinds of stuff, from explaining how Kanji readings work with the google IME and 厚切りジェソン as a humorous introduction to how convoluted they are. Though I'll be relying on manga for the largest part of my examples since you have the text right there along with an image for context.

>>136112658
I'm quite familiar with my audience, and Joshiraku will just be a small example among a whole lot of varied examples. I'm not very worried about people thinking that I'm just using the chance to force feed them anime, I just want to integrate various types of media in order to mix things up, given that it will be just me talking for the largest part and people tend to turn off mentally if you keep talking along the same boring powerpoint for more than ten minutes at a time.
>>
>>136112658

Sure, but you can find puns and wordplay in a whole lot of places if that's what you want to go for, it's not like you need to go particularly deep into it in a 45-minute lesson. If we were talking about kids 3-4 years younger then I'd say go for it, but I have a hard time picturing a scenario where showing Japanese cartoons to gymnasium students in a context that's meant to be actually educational would work out as intended.

>>136112896

If you're worried about mixing things up then again, use movies or something. It doesn't really matter how good you think Joshiraku is for that purpose because you're not making the lesson for yourself and I can assure you that as people who largely aren't into the language and culture, they won't appreciate stuff like that even remotely to the degree that you do. The part your actual audience is going to remember is the fact that a grown-ass man showed them a cartoon about young anime girls.

But since you're clearly married to the idea already then hey, do what you think is best.
>>
>>136113465
Not him, but I think you're overreacting to the anime thing.
>>
>>136113565

I probably made it sound like a bigger deal than I meant to by writing so many words, I just think that he'll undermine his own goal by taking that particular approach since it's already tough for most people to take Japanese seriously.

I could also be totally wrong of course, I'm just basing it off of my own experience from back when I was a gymnasium student. Someone showing us anime would've been entertaining and welcome for sure, but the educational part of it probably would've missed its mark.
>>
>>136113810
It's going to be a scene of like two minutes with one explanatory paragraph of text to go with it. I think you're overestimating how much emphasis I'll be placing on this.
>>
>>136111134
Are you still in uni?
>>
>>136113961
Not even, I'm a gymnasium student.
>>
社会の窓

PAH
>>
>>136114005
Wrong person then
>>
きょうのだれがいいはじめたのかわからないにほんご

>待て早まるな
Wait. It's too fast too do.
>>
>>136112054
Be a real man and remember both readings
>>
>>136114672
Wait, nevermind. I misread your post.
>>
Raptor cage narwhal nailbat /djt/ kun.
>>
>>136114649
You don't really have to "remember" ろうほ. It's the obvious reading.
>>
>>136114672
Fucking weirdo. Don't plant any funny ideas into the heads of our kids.
>>
>>136114800
Did you just have a stroke?
>>
>>136114901
No.
>>
>>136114941
WaniKani radical names.
>>
>>136114800
Raptor cage and narwhal fell out of my head pretty quickly, but I STILL use nailbat over half a year after finishing wanikani.
>>
>>136114005
>literal high school

Holy shit, that's even worse you retard. Don't talk about weeb shit or you'll turn yourself into a school pariah. If you do this you will spend the rest of your life cringing about, just yamenasai.
>>
File: 1334878356761.gif (23KB, 445x431px) Image search: [Google]
1334878356761.gif
23KB, 445x431px
>>136115120
>learning radicals by themselves
>>
>>136114005
>I'm a gymnasium student.
Are you saying you're under 18?
>>
>>136115282
Mate, I read manga in Japanese during the break. People are either impressed or don't give two shits as long as you don't act like an autist. The teacher specifically asked me if I would be interested in holding a lesson on the topic since we are currently dealing with Japan in geography.

I even wrote my Maturaarbeit on the topic of translating Japanese to English, for which I got the highest grade achievable and am currently nominated for the Maturaarbeitspreis.

>>136115325
No, I'm 20 actually. I botched up one year, but the average age for graduating here is 18-19.
>>
>>136115490
You should just get a trip already.
>>
>>136115517
Why?
>>
>>136115560
自分で考えろ
>>
>>136115560
So that we can keep track of foreign Bernie supporters.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 641x482px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 641x482px
>>136115490
>20 years old and still in high school
>>
>>136115667
you wrote gymnasium wrong.
>>
File: 1447203607946.png (182KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1447203607946.png
182KB, 450x450px
>>136115692
>still in high school
>>
File: image.jpg (299KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
299KB, 1280x853px
>>136115692
>I-It's not a high school, it's a gymnasium!
>D-don't call me retarded guise, it's different :(((
>>
Anyone need a roommate?
>>
>>136116190
That depends, how cute do you look in a dress?
>>
What the hell is a gymnasium?
>>
>>136116273
Fag speak for gloryholes.
>>
>>136116273
ask your parents when you're older
>>
>>136116273
The place where you go after primary school if you're one of those kids who don't want at a job fast.
>>
>>136116273
A 体育館
>>
>>136093401
>>136093630
>>136093718
woah nelly did someone swap my bookmark for DJT with a 4chan themed reddit board?
>>
>>136117272
DJT was killed in the great WaniKani wars.
>>
>>136117354

here lies DJT, could not learn japanese
"die job piggy jiggy"
>>
>>136116190
Not you, no.
>>
File: file.png (17KB, 261x92px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
17KB, 261x92px
Did 100 new cards in Core yesterday. Would have had 100% on reviews today too if it weren't for that little bitch 別れる. All that was running through my mind was わられる or われる and I couldn't recall わかれる.
>>
>tfw its time to do your reps
>>
>>136115490
>I botched up one year

I think you should be focusing on your studies rather than learning a language for your chinese cartoons.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (57KB, 1098x679px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
57KB, 1098x679px
Requesting anki help

I want to create cards with this format, but I don't want to have to use the image field. However, if the image field is empty anki treats the card as empty. Which is weird because the card shows up fine on my computer, but it doesn't work on my phone. What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>136112054
Shinise

>>136114559
> It's too fast too do.
"Don't be hasty" or "Lets not be hasty"
>>
>>136119485
Just delete the lines that talk about images, you tool.
>>
>>136115302
Nice gif you pathetic little autist.
>>
>>136119787
I kinda need the images
>>
>>136120155
You really don't.
>>
File: 1451411884325.png (193KB, 726x597px) Image search: [Google]
1451411884325.png
193KB, 726x597px
>>
>>136120259
Okay but how do I actually fix this?
>>
>>136119269
My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>136120394
Stop being a dumb cunt who thinks that core's crap images are helpful and delete that shit.
>>
>>136120533
It's not for Core, they are my own images.
>>
宮崎:「柊さんが13歳ですけど、そのぐらいのガールフレンドが何人かおりまして
おかげさまで恥ずかしながら、この歳になってようやく童貞を卒業できた、という訳です(笑)。
そこで最近習得した性の技術をですね、わたしの弟子でまだ童貞の庵野に手ほどきしてやろう、と思いまして(笑)。
おい庵野、服を脱いで早くベッドの上に上がれ」
庵野:「えーと、宮さん、せっかくですけど俺、一応、結婚してるんで」
宮崎:「……」
庵野:「アナル処女はまだキープしてますけど、俺はウンコ穴をそういう風には使う趣味はないんで」
>>
>>136120947
As expected from the master.
>>
File: 1413064990961.jpg (19KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1413064990961.jpg
19KB, 360x270px
>>136102182
"暇ですね
絡みませんか
可愛い人好きです(性格等々含めて
ショタボとか好きじゃないんじゃぁ^~(女の子は何でもおkおk
声は特に気にしていない
私も声低めで、可愛くはない
笑い方が気持ち悪いらしい
気に入るとはなそ!はなそ!しつこいけど、放置すればいいんじゃないかな
メンヘラ、ヤンデレ、依存等々好きなんだが
私もそういうことあるので、場合によってはまずいかもしれない
突然しゃべって突然黙る
けっこう普通の人なのでよろしくおねがいします
17 "
tagged "アニメ ボカロ 百合 "

i got a bad feeling about this
>>
What do I do when I find myself stuck on a group of words from the core deck for a few days? I'm just failing to learn them and it's really killing my motivation to use anki.
>>
>>136121872
>it's really killing my motivation to use anki.
Let me regain your motivation by saying if you drop anki you'll fail to learn Japanese.
Anyway, if you're talking about numbers and dates feel free to suspend them for now.
>>
>>136121872
Continue as usual. You'll probably have trouble with them for months and months, but so be it. It's probably some newspaper shit like company/industry/whatnot anyway.
>>
>>136121928
>>136121966
Guess I'll just ganbarimasu.
It is indeed some newspaper industry related shit.
>>
>>136121872
WaniKani might be more suitable for a scrub like you.
>>
>>136119192
>Lying during your reps.
You cannot learn Jeep.
>>
>>136120279
I don't care for one meme man. 4chan makes it so hard to like animeos.
>>
>>136122354
>4chan makes it so hard to like animeos.
That's not 4chan, that's you being a baby about popular things
>>
I'm sorry for the blogshit /djt/ but I would like your advice on something.

I'm currently enrolled in a Japanese 122 (Basic Proficiency) course at my university and I'm not sure if I should drop out of it or not. I need 6-9 hours of a foreign language to graduate, and this will be the last language class I have to take. I could also just take a language proficiency test and potentially test out of the requirement with another language, but I would like to learn Japanese, and I think the structure of a class will help me retain the information better than studying on my own. The only issue is that I haven't taken a Japanese class in over 2 years and I can only recognize about 90% of hiragana, 80% of katakana and only a handful of kanji.

Should I just give up and study on my own or stick with it?
>>
>>136122388
Listen boy
>>
>>136122406
>I think the structure of a class will help me retain the information better than studying on my own
Give up.
>>
>>136122406
Drop the ZERO and pick yourself up a HERO. Just my opinion, ymmv.
>>
Hey lads, let's say I have basic grasp of grammar and stuff because of years and years of watching anime and living here in Japan for a year now.
What's the best way to learn kanji? Right now, I'm only grinding Anki with a single deck. I think I can now recognize and write around 250 kanji but the problem is I can't read them. Should I add something to my regimen or should I just continue to grind until I know the joyo kanji then proceed to practice reading on manga/visual/light novel?(my current study plan)
>>
>>136121872
Find out what exactly you're having trouble with those words and try to solve that specific problem.
>>
>>136122406
>I think the structure of a class will help me retain the information better than studying on my own.
Let me be honest, this is 100% not true, and shows a fundamental misunderstanding on how to learn languages.
Taking a class is fine, if you need it to graduate, but the bulk of progress will be made while studying on your own.
>>
>>136122484
>let's say I have basic grasp of grammar and stuff because of years and years of watching anime and living here in Japan for a year now.
Let's say you don't, because you don't.
>>
>>136122406
>I need 6-9 hours of a foreign language to graduate

Then enroll. Don't expect to learn the language though if you aren't willing to put in the effort to study on your own.
>>
>>136122406
Is the teacher a native?
Also, I would stick with it if you're interested in learning how to speak Japanese, not just reading eroge material.
>>
>>136122484
Try learning them with vocab. If you have problems remembering because of the kanji try studying an overview of radicals. If that doesn't work then try RTK until you don't need it anymore.
>>
File: CYn1jZTUEAA1oEU.jpg (376KB, 1024x1483px) Image search: [Google]
CYn1jZTUEAA1oEU.jpg
376KB, 1024x1483px
Is reading weeb webcomics a good way to learn Japanese?
>>
>>136122484
You'd better not be doing RTK like a retard. Just do core learn them like a sane person.
>>
>>136122484

Just don't fall for the core trap, it'll drain your soul.
>>
>>136122484
Don't listen to >>136122648, RTK is worth it
>>
”男15歳
あなたへの条件
夜から朝まで通話をつなぐこと。
俺がかけだらすべて出る事。
チャットはすぐに返信する事。
用事があるなら必ず報告する事。
俺を愛し続ける事。
無理な事はなるべくさせないが俺の命令は聞く事。
絶対嘘はつかない事。
何かあったらすぐに報告する事。
俺の条件
あなたを愛し続ける。
すぐに返信する。
絶対嘘はつかない。
何かあったらすぐに報告する。

これが守れるならコンタクト送って ”

This website is solid fucking gold.
>>
>>136122446
>>136122499
Well, it was a poor choice of words on my part.
>I think the structure of the class will force me to actually practice Japanese 3-5 times a week which prevents me from lapsing in my studies.
Thank you for the advice though. I think I will go to class on Friday and then decide from there whether or not to drop it. I really would like to learn the language, I suppose I just need to strengthen my resolve to dedicate time outside of class to learning.
Again, sorry for the blogshit.
>>136122629
Yes, all the Japanese teachers at my university are natives. For better or worse, their English is a bit lacking sometimes and they have a tendency to start talking in only Japanese for a few sentences before realizing most of the class couldn't understand.
>>
>>136122804
You should download Anki, a flashcard program, it gives you daily reviews and new cards to study that ensures you study every day.

This is going to be harsh but if you only practice Japanese 3-5 times a week you're going to fail. You need to study every single day. There's no reason to take "days off" given that this is a mental activity and only needs to take say 30-60m a day.. If it takes, say, 2 years to get proficiency after daily study, then studying 3 times a week will result in 4+ years to get proficiency instead, see what I mean? Daily study and daily routines are important.
>>
>>136122804

Stop randomly spoiler tagging your posts, it's real annoying.
>>
>>136122750
Are you picking up some qt boipussy?
>>
I have an idea, what if we recommend wanikani to everyone so they are stuck with a shitty and slow method, then we could feel better about learning Japanese in a shorter period of time and could brag about it. :^)
>>
>>136122946
No, just laughing at the retards who post 100 listings with the same essay about what you have to do to contact them.
>>
>>136122804
You will never ever learn Japanese if you can't muster up the will to study it without classes.
>>
>>136123000

I don't get it, that'd just be "never" instead of "never."
>>
>>136122750
Careful anon, that sounds like a kid who won't take the breakup well.
>>
>>136122804
>>136122484
>>136122406
Why is it always the retarded normalfags that use the spoiler function for no real reason?
>>
>>136123000
How many cards are you doing every day? If it's less than 20, you're slower than WK.
>>
>>136123088
/v/ thinks it's cute.
>>
>>136123105
I'm 3 years in m8 so barely any, but back when I did core10k it was around 50 per day, and I didn't have to spend months learning kanji mnemonics first.
>>
>>136090648
Can't seem to import the visualizing japanese grammar. "Updated 0 of 66 existing notes" Spare some help?
>>
>>136123176
Seems like you already have it and are just reimporting.
>>
>>136122910
>>136123088
Spoilering for blogshit because reasons.
>>136123151
>/v/ thinks it's cute.
>/v/
>not neo-/a/
I think you got your boogeymen confused.
だいじょぶですか
>>
>>136123614
>forgot the う
Time to commit sudoku.
>>
File: 1412747620607.jpg (24KB, 587x320px) Image search: [Google]
1412747620607.jpg
24KB, 587x320px
How do I even begin to learn Kanji?

I mean, I've already begun, and I've taught myself a handful of them, but do I just keep going? I can review them, but it never feels like it's useful. I do fine when I'm reviewing the Kanji I've learned, but reading any sentences outside of that is impossible. At what point do I feel like the amount of Kanji I've learned has actually paid off?
>>
>>136123663
When you learn them in core, they'll solidify in your head over time and the coverage will increase. Don't waste your time in RTK, because by doing so you aren't actually learning anything of value.
>>
>>136123663
Keep reading
Keep doing vocab
6 months from now you'll know
>>
>>136123663

Just study grammar at the same time. Both are going to take a lot of time to master no matter what, don't try to leap too far too fast.
>>
>>136123176
Congratulations, you are literally too stupid to follow a guide made specifically for stupid people.
>>
File: 1333964480116.jpg (36KB, 278x278px) Image search: [Google]
1333964480116.jpg
36KB, 278x278px
>>136119485
>>
>>136123798
See, some people really need WaniKani.
>>
>>136123798
Anki was bugged, closed it and opened it up again and there was the deck. Sorry for asking such a retarded question m8.
>>
How do you guys learn the more advanced grammar? I read a lot but I rarely come across the more high level grammar, and I already find it hard to remember words that are made of kana alone, so I find it pretty hard to differentiate between grammar rules just from reading about them once and then seeing them once in a blue moon
>>
>>136124286
read more advanced stuff?
>>
Is the DOJG deck organized well? I got volition form, but I haven't gotten the yo particle yet. I know what it is already, just wondering if the order will be a problem later.
>>
>>136124414
It's in alphabetical order. It doesn't matter what order you learn it in because you need it all.
>>
>>136124500

I figured it'd be in alphabetical order because it's a dictionary, didn't check if the deck itself was organized by occurrence, level, etc. Thanks.
>>
>>136124414
Haven't you studied grammar previously?
>>
>>136124286

Can always make cards out of the stuff you have trouble with and include bunch of example sentences where they're used, or like the other guy said, read stuff where it appears more often.
>>
>>136120394
>>136119485
How to do what you want to do is in the anki manual. There's a thing for fields that are and aren't always there. Not sure why it's broken though.
>>
Does ドM mean what I think it does?
>>
>>136124613

I read Tai Kim but remember very little of it. I'm considering DOJG/Tae Kim deck in between reading attempts.
>>
>>136124774
Yes
>>
File: P001.jpg (2MB, 1754x2500px) Image search: [Google]
P001.jpg
2MB, 1754x2500px
>>136124774
depends on what you're thinking
>>
>>136124817

Try JTMW, it worked better for me when I had trouble with Tae-Kim. At some point TK clicked with me though and I started remembering stuff pretty easily.
>>
Fucking post some difficult sentences so I can learn something and justify why I come here all the time
>>
>>136126070
some difficult sentences so I can learn something and justify why I come here all the time.
>>
>>136126070
格差是正策としては、(1)10年ごとの大規模国勢調査をもとに、都道府県の人口比に基づく「アダムズ方式」で都道府県単位の定数を配分する(2)大規模調査の中間年の簡易国勢調査で格差2倍以上の選挙区が生じたときは、内閣府に置かれた「衆議院議員選挙区画定審議会」が各都道府県内の選挙区割りの見直しを行う――などを挙げた。
>>
>>136126070
祇園精舎の鐘の声、諸行無常の響きあり。沙羅双樹の花の色、盛者必衰の理をあらはす。おごれる人も久しからず。ただ春の夜の夢のごとし。たけき者も遂にはほろびぬ、ひとへ‌ に風の前の塵に同じ。
>>
File: 1399734053332.jpg (37KB, 229x173px) Image search: [Google]
1399734053332.jpg
37KB, 229x173px
>>136126070
余は子規の描いた畫をたつた一枚持つてゐる。亡友の記念だと思つて長い間それを袋の中に入れて仕舞つて置いた。年數の經つに伴れて、ある時は丸で袋の所在を忘れて打ち過ぎる事も多かつた。近頃不圖思ひ出して、あゝして置いては轉宅の際などに何處へ散逸するかも知れないから、今のうちに表具屋へ遣つて懸物にでも仕立てさせやうと云ふ氣が起つた。澁紙の袋を引き出して塵を拂いて中を檢べると、畫は元の儘濕ぽく四折に疊んであつた。畫の外に、無いと思つた子規の手紙も幾通か出て來た。余は其中から子規が余に宛てゝ寄こした最後のものと、夫から年月の分らない短いものとを選び出して、其中間に例の畫を挾んで、三を一纒に表裝させた。
>>
Does anyone know why ring finger is 薬指?
>>
>>136126360
Because it's the one that you stick into your bum when it's itching.
>>
>>136126360
Cause it's the one you stick into your boyfriend's bum when it's itching.
>>
>>136126398
>>136126429
Ah, of course
>>
>>136124774
Maybe not actually. It's not related to "dom" as in "femdom" if that's what you're thinking, it's just the prefix ド, which denotes intensity, before M, which you should know the meaning of.
>>
>>136126599
Really? I thought it was from ハード
>>
>>136126070

朕深ク世界ノ大勢ト帝國ノ現状トニ鑑ミ非常ノ措置ヲ以テ時局ヲ收拾セムト欲シ茲ニ忠良ナル爾臣民ニ告ク

朕ハ帝國政府ヲシテ米英支蘇四國ニ對シ其ノ共同宣言ヲ受諾スル旨通告セシメタリ

抑ゝ帝國臣民ノ康寧ヲ圖リ萬邦共榮ノ樂ヲ偕ニスルハ皇祖皇宗ノ遺範ニシテ朕ノ拳々措カサル所
曩ニ米英二國ニ宣戰セル所以モ亦實ニ帝國ノ自存ト東亞ノ安定トヲ庶幾スルニ出テ他國ノ主權ヲ排シ領土ヲ侵スカ如キハ固ヨリ朕カ志ニアラス
然ルニ交戰已ニ四歳ヲ閲シ朕カ陸海將兵ノ勇戰朕カ百僚有司ノ勵精朕カ一億衆庶ノ奉公各ゝ最善ヲ盡セルニ拘ラス戰局必スシモ好轉セス世界ノ大勢亦我ニ利アラス
加之敵ハ新ニ殘虐ナル爆彈ヲ使用シテ頻ニ無辜ヲ殺傷シ慘害ノ及フ所眞ニ測ルヘカラサルニ至ル
而モ尚交戰ヲ繼續セムカ終ニ我カ民族ノ滅亡ヲ招來スルノミナラス延テ人類ノ文明ヲモ破却スヘシ
斯ノ如クムハ朕何ヲ以テカ億兆ノ赤子ヲ保シ皇祖皇宗ノ神靈ニ謝セムヤ是レ朕カ帝國政府ヲシテ共同宣言ニ應セシムルニ至レル所以ナリ
朕ハ帝國ト共ニ終始東亞ノ解放ニ協力セル諸盟邦ニ對シ遺憾ノ意ヲ表セサルヲ得ス
帝國臣民ニシテ戰陣ニ死シ職域ニ殉シ非命ニ斃レタル者及其ノ遺族ニ想ヲ致セハ五内爲ニ裂ク
且戰傷ヲ負ヒ災禍ヲ蒙リ家業ヲ失ヒタル者ノ厚生ニ至リテハ朕ノ深ク軫念スル所ナリ
惟フニ今後帝國ノ受クヘキ苦難ハ固ヨリ尋常ニアラス
爾臣民ノ衷情モ朕善ク之ヲ知ル然レトモ朕ハ時運ノ趨ク所堪ヘ難キヲ堪ヘ忍ヒ難キヲ忍ヒ以テ萬世ノ爲ニ太平ヲ開カムト欲ス
朕ハ茲ニ國體ヲ護持シ得テ忠良ナル爾臣民ノ赤誠ニ信倚シ常ニ爾臣民ト共ニ在リ
若シ夫レ情ノ激スル所濫ニ事端ヲ滋クシ或ハ同胞排擠互ニ時局ヲ亂リ爲ニ大道ヲ誤リ信義ヲ世界ニ失フカ如キハ朕最モ之ヲ戒ム
宜シク擧國一家子孫相傳ヘ確ク神州ノ不滅ヲ信シ任重クシテ道遠キヲ念ヒ總力ヲ將來ノ建設ニ傾ケ道義ヲ篤クシ志操ヲ鞏クシ誓テ國體ノ精華ヲ發揚シ世界ノ進運ニ後レサラムコトヲ期スヘシ
爾臣民其レ克ク朕カ意ヲ體セヨ

御名御璽

昭和二十年八月十四日

内閣総理大臣鈴木貫太郎
>>
>xx に自慢したんだ
Does this mean
>I bragged to xx
or
>xx bragged about
>>
>>136126239
>>136126243
>>136126270
>>136126725
Thanks. You even ordered it after difficulty.
>>
>>136126725
>ゝ
Triggered.
>>
>>136126788
I would lean towards the former but I don't into grammar so don't trust me.
>>
>>136126788
It's the former.
>>
what is the english translation of 'hai'? it can mean lots of different words right?
>>
>>136126690
Probably that ド comes from 弩.
>>
>>136126956
はい、そのとおりです
>>
>>136126956
It means "the main character has arrived"
>>
>>136126847
>>136126936
Thanks. に always confuses the fuck out of me.
>>
>>136126956
It means "the pleasure of being acknowledged inside"
>>
>>136127080
You can think of it as a target, except for passive sentences.
>>
>>136127080
Generally unless it's paired with passive forms or some weird shit like that it just means "in the direction of" or "at"

"I bragged AT xx"
>>
>tfw finished last episode of mario maker
>tfw need to find new let's play
>>
>>136127080
It's a very versatile particle. In this case it's doing it's most straight forward function though, which is indicating the indirect object of the verb,
>>
>>136127148
Linkies? I've been looking for lets plays to watch
>>
>>136127177
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-6umrQD8Y
The game is visually interesting even if you dont understand the narration so its comfortable for me to just put on and watch. Only 23 parts though...
>>
>>136127233
ありがとう

I've been trying to find a good female lets player to watch since I find female speech tends to be more audible, but having this on is better than nothing even if I only get a quarter of what he's saying
>>
>>136127233
>mario rehash number x
>visually interesting
Okay.
>>
>>136127404
>楽しみ禁止
>>
>>136127395
I don't care for female let's players too much, they feel kinda fake to me no matter the language to be honest. Plus this is going to be the bulk of my listening practice and I don't want to sound like a girl.
>>
Gay boys hey!
>>
Why would you want to watch LPs when you could listen to clearly superior seiyuu radios?
>>
>>136127563
>radio
>nothing visual
Not very compelling, and if I lose the train of conversation then I don't have any context to draw from
Plus I would rather listen to normal dudes than listen to seiyuus
>>
>>136127488
I don't know, from what I've seen Japanese women tend to feel a lot more legit when they're playing games or unboxing figs or whatever other otakuy shit, it's probably just my weeb goggles though
>>
>>136127563
Seiyuu shows are shite, mate.
>>
>>136127395
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E7jFMftwko
Skip to 3:40, that guy does pretty cringy things in his intro. But he's a normal guys when he's not doing that shit.
His girlfriend(?) plays with him sometimes. Especially in the later Mario 3D world parts.
>>
>>136107114
Like Finns, right? Nice try, Kim.
>>
>>136126725
>all this katakana
this is some chuuni shit if i ever saw it
>>
File: 1443999799962.jpg (16KB, 305x234px) Image search: [Google]
1443999799962.jpg
16KB, 305x234px
>>136128012
>>
>>136128012
>emperor of Japan
>chuuni
>>
>>136128012

Apparently that's just how it used to be for men.
>>
>>136127900
Most shows/events are shit, but many radios are great.
I laughed myseld half to death with the Gatchaman radio.
>>
Word of the day: 一蓮托生
>>
>>136127233
>信じろう、じぶんを!
とても可愛らしいの、かれは
>>
>>136128057
>year 2015
>called emperor

He's basically larping.
>>
Fuck me, 失礼 is impossible to pronounce correctly.
>>
>>136128316
>2015
Anon please.
>>
>読み下す
cuckery
>>
File: 1398224981047.jpg (262KB, 900x680px) Image search: [Google]
1398224981047.jpg
262KB, 900x680px
I'm trying to buy some books but my japanese isn't the greatest, can somebody tell me if 電撃文庫 means it's an ebook or paperback? There are things telling me to pay and download the pdf or epub and then there are things with shipping costs, so this word is confusing me. I want a physical copy.
>>
At what level of WaniKani can you read Yotsuba?
>>
>>136128688
>>
>>136128757
There aren't that many.
>>
>>136128688
At you level you've done your grammar.
>>
>>136128783
Exactly
>>
>>136128688
When you finish Tae Kim or Japanese: The Manga Way.

I'd recommend starting a mining deck or using alternate resources altogether unless you want to take a year and a half to get to an upper beginner level through WK.
>>
>>136128657
>buying books from people who obviously don't want to sell them to you
>>
>Japanese: The Manga Way.
>>
>>136128543
Just say shit's array and you're good.
>>
>>136128688
There's a yotsuba reading list somewhere that you'd find useful
>>
To learn Japanese you must kill God.
>>
>>136126725
>full or errors
>>
>>136129110
yourself*
>>
File: 1400981739766.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1400981739766.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>136128879
why would they ship internationally then?
>>
>>136129456
To serve their fellow japs who're overseas.
>>
File: 1447911004604.jpg (1MB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
1447911004604.jpg
1MB, 3000x2250px
What's your greatest shame when it comes to learning Japanese?
Mine is that I'm ignoring 200-some leeches in my mining deck even though I know its important to study them
>>
>>136129542
I've been learning for probably around 3+ years now and I'm pretty much in the bottom half of N3 level, with zero production ability and very poor listening skills

Feels slow
>>
>>136129542
It's not really that important to study them. You're not going to learn Japanese through anki, it's just there to help you acquire some base vocab quickly and be more efficient at vocab acquisition after that. So long as you keep reading those leeches will naturally take care of themselves eventually.
>>
>>136129542
coming to these threads
>>
>>136129685
Just looked through the first 20 and only managed to recall a single one. So, doesn't seem that way.
>>
>>136129763
You could just make a new deck for them and then do that deck for a while and they'll qickly stop giving you problems, or write them all down, or both
>>
>>136129763
Did you even read what I wrote? It's okay not to learn them through anki. Just keep reading and you'll eventually learn them. They won't really be an obstacle to your reading, so why bother doing them the difficult way? So long as you're acquiring a nice amount of vocab anki is doing it's job right, regardless of eventual leeches.
>>
>>136129836
The first 20 were suspended around a year ago and I've read quite a bit since then, ergo it doesn't seem like they're taking care of themselves.
>>
>>136129872
Maybe they just aren't important words?
>>
>>136129872
Maybe you're too reliant on texthookers and instant translators when reading. Maybe you're just being impatient. Do >>136129817 if those leeches bother you so much. In the end it won't make much of a difference, but if it makes you feel better, do what your heart tells you.
>>
Attempted a hasty translation of the first few minutes of the VN Reminisce. Looking for any and all criticism beyond "you're a fag that doesn't know Japanese" . I already know that.

http://pastebin.com/dUDfYkCq
>>
>>136129685
Well, you definitely won't learn Japanese without Anki. Laziness will ultimately kill your spirit.
>>
>>136129969
They're just normal words that trip me up, not unimportant or important about'm.
>>136129971
I don't use texthookers or instant translators, nor am I being impatient. They're just tricky words for me.
>>
>>136130043
>偽善っていわれたって構わない
>I don't care about this hypocrisy
You ignored the middle part for some reason
>>
>>136130176
Like I said, hasty attempt. Thanks for pointing it out though
>>
>>136130072
You can definitely learn Japanese without anki but my posts above never said anything about that so I don't know why you're bringing that up.

Anki is probably the greatest tool available for somebody going into Japanese. I'm just saying that missing 200 leeches is not really a significant setback to reading and listening, and you will naturally learn those words with time. You don't believe every single word you're going to learn must go through anki before going into your head do you? It's not about being lazy, it's about being flexible.
>>
>>136091087
What do you call a clause that modifies a single noun?

Like 「>顔が赤い魚を食べた< 猫」

Also, does that actually mean something sensible without context?
>>
>>136130319
relative clause
subclause
>>
>>136130248
You won't have anywhere near the same degree of retention without Anki, and that's a fact.
>>
>>136130043
I'd be very generous to give you a D.
>>
>>136130542
It really depends on the person
>>
>>136130542
Why do you keep talking as if I'm recommending not using anki?
>>
>>136130542
It's not like anki is some sort of completely unique magic formula. You could probably achieve the same retention with a stack of paper, a pen and siginificant amounts of autism for example.
>>
>>136130563
Give me a list of some of the major fuckups at least. I'm here to learn
>>
>>136130369
Thanks

http://japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/14541/relative-clauses-distinguishing-whom-with-which-that
That sorted me out very well.
>>
>>136130043
>世界には「海」と呼ぶものがあったらしい。
>"Sea" is called out to the world.
What are you doing anon.
>>
>>136130241
偽善っていわれたって構わない。オレは、誰かの役に立ちたかった
I don't care about this hypocrisy. I just want to be useful.
I don't care if it's called hypocrisy. I just wanted to be helpful to someone.
それだけの自信も、才能もあると信じて疑わなかった
But I've never believed that I've had talent for anything.
In that alone did I have unwavering confidence and ability that I never doubted.
やがてオレはーーークズになった
Soon enough... I became trash.
But eventually... I became worthless.
友達も、恋人も、家族も、その全てを失った
Friends, lovers, family, I lost them all.
運命ってヤツが、オレをそうさせた。なるべくしてなったんだと自分言い聞かせた
They say it's fate, and I'm forced to agree. Telling myself this over and over made me understand.
They say it's fate, and I'm forced to agree. I told myself it's all for the best over and over.

I think? Don't take my word for it since it seems contradictory
>>
>>136130768
What is that supposed to be?

"In this world there seems to be something called the sea"?
>>
>>136130768
I don't know myself when it comes to those phrases
>>
Can someone translate this, please:

マミコチャンと大学通ってたらこんな感じだったかなって妄想したら泣きそうになった パラレルワールド…
>>
>>136130901
Simply "in the world" would probably be better since it goes on to contrast that with "our world" afterwards, but yes.
>>
>>136130967
yes and now fuck off.
>>
File: Capture.png (6KB, 221x192px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
6KB, 221x192px
>>136091166
lrn2betterppimonitor
>>
>>136130967
Don't worry, I'm here to help.
>The parallel world that became a cry After delusion I Mamikochan and wonder if it was like this when I passed through the University of ..
>>
>>136130978
Ah nice

できました
>>
>>136131048
Yeah though it doesn't make sense, that's why I'm asking a kind soul to help me.. this is really important.
>>
>>136131036
I don't know how he's been doing this for months and people STILL fall for it every single time.
>>
>>136130664
Most of it is wrong. I mean literally. I didn't count them, but I think more than half the sentences are wrong. For example

>「このまま年老いて死んで行くことに抵抗は無い」
>It's like how the elderly don't resist their impending death.
He says nothing of the elderly. He's only talking about himself.

>年老いて死んで行くこと
To grow old and die. (All turned into one big noun phrase by こと)

> [年老いて死んで行くこと] に抵抗は無い
I have no objections to growing old and dying.

>このまま年老いて死んで行くことに抵抗は無い
I have objections to growing old and dying this way.

Then the next line

>「それは、素晴らしいことだと思います」
But don't you think it's a nice day?
I honestly have no clue what you did here. There's no question in the original and no mention of "day". The only thing in common between the two phrases are "nice" and 素晴らしい, and even that is a sketchy translation cause 素晴らしい is usually much stronger an adjective than a simple "nice".

Next

>「普通のことが、素晴らしいことなのか?」
>Isn't that sort of thing normal, though?
Think about what the sentence 普通のことが素晴らしいことだ means and then try turning it into a question.

I could go on, but I'd have to charge for that.
>>
>>136130978
Ok, that makes a lot more sense than whatever the hell I was thinking of. Thanks
>>
>>136131097
>this is really important.
No, it's clearly not important fuck off to the daily translation thread.
>>
>>136131152
Damn, I thought I was finally getting somewhere. I'll just delete my shame and get out of here
>>
>>136131272
rude
>>
>>136131303
Or maybe I can't do that with pastebin. Fuck
>>
>>136131303
Did you even study grammar? It honestly looks like you just took some text hooker and started guessing the translations based on some loose words and kanji.
>>
>>136131303
ドンマイ

Everyone's bad at first

Just not everyone decides to advertise their level of できない to the world
>>
>>136131303
>>136131386
Hey now, take it as a chance to learn instead of completely forgetting about it. As an anon, it's not like you have a reputation to keep.
>>
>>136131446
>implying I'm not taking notes on everyones writing styles and archiving embarassing posts to make fun of them in the future.
>>
>>136131152
r8 me >>136130820
>>
>>136123280
Yeah, I don't have it installed. I mean it doesn't appear on my decks and I can't install it, mind giving some help to the mentally ill?
>>
>>136131036
that looks like some chinese font, the first character is wrong
>>
>>136132087
That is actually a valid variation.
>>
File: imouto.jpg (75KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
imouto.jpg
75KB, 700x394px
ぺきんごのようにもみえないよ。

ぺきんごしらないけどね
>>
The thread's dead but who cares. I transcribed a bit of bokudake for practice : (from the second episode)
「私だけがいない町」
ヒナズキカヨ

今よりもっと大きくなって、一人で何処へでも行けるようになったら、遠い国に行ってみたい。遠い島に行ってみたい。誰もいない島に行ってみたい。辛いことも悲しいこともない島に行ってみたい。

島には大人も子供もクラスメートも先生もお母さんもいない。その島で私は登りたい時木に登り、泳ぎたいとき海で泳ぎ、眠りたいとき眠る。

その島で私は私だけがいなくなった町のことを考える。子供はああいつも学校に行く、大人はああいつも会社に行く。 お母さんはいつものようにご飯を食べる。

私は私だけがいない町のことを考えると気持ちが軽くなる。遠く遠くへ来たい。
>>
死んだ言語
死んだスレ
>>
Hey guys, when people refer to mining decks what do they mean?

Is it just copying and pasting sentences from something you're reading into Anki?

Is there a more efficient way of doing this?
>>
>>136132685
>Read
>Put words you don't know in a notepad doc in the format Front *tab* Back
>Make sure it's encoded as UTF-8
>Import to anki with the thing set to tab seperation
>>
>>136132685
Almost, but it's words not sentences. Basically you just "mine" whatever you read for words you don't know and add those words to an anki deck.
>>
>>136132685
>Is there a more efficient way of doing this?
Use rikaisama auto-import (even if you're getting the sentences from some non web-source...just paste/type them somewhere)
>>
>>136132685
The more efficient way is to not use anki.
Thread posts: 540
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.