[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So apparently the World God Only Knows sold so poorly that t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: MC harem.jpg (1MB, 1992x2160px) Image search: [Google]
MC harem.jpg
1MB, 1992x2160px
So apparently the World God Only Knows sold so poorly that the studio still hasn't gotten their money back
5. The World God Only Knows 2 (BD+DVD 1) [2,266]
The image above is total units sold, compare it to another anime that was aired around the same time and is also about girls manifesting their daily life problems in supernatural beings
5. ¥930,524,000 33,233(total amount of units) ¥28,000 Bakemonogatari

The show have enough similarities that should warrant a less than abyssal difference in sales, how come one of them flops and the other becomes the hit of the decade?

source
http://www.someanithing.com/334
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/04/09/poll-theres-no-way-my-favorite-anime-sold-so-poorly
>>
>>136064735
People think the gataris are deep.
>>
>>136064735
KamiNomi was boring shit
>>
>>136064735
Because the anime was boring as fuck and had awful pacing.
>>
File: 1330862539622.gif (91KB, 380x276px) Image search: [Google]
1330862539622.gif
91KB, 380x276px
>>136064735
They are both shit. Bakeshit sold because lewd and really really stupid people
>>136064831
manga sucked ass aswell, I dropped it not long after giant girl arc. Just boring copypaste visual novel stories/arcs.
>>
>>136064735

Because there's actual substance to the Monogatari series and it isn't just harem shit #x?
>>
>>136064735
>So apparently the World God Only Knows sold so poorly that the studio still hasn't gotten their money back
You do know Manglobe is kill now right?
>>
S2 sold that badly? How about S1? I was of the impression they were both financial successes.
>>
>>136064866
Kill yourself you dumb shitposter.
>>
>>136064735
Monogatari has better characters
>>
File: 1375570801885.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
1375570801885.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>136064852
>Because there's actual substance to the Monogatari series
>>
Trying to figure out what makes something popular among the otaku that actually buy BDs is next to impossible. It's why you see so many one-cour adaptions these days, they're just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

The real question is why Kaminomi got as many seasons as it did, though I'm very glad for them.
>>
>>136064878
This. TWGOK started out good, but killed of its MC and character interactions in favor of plot.
>>
>>136064866
Holy fuck I liked that studio! I was sad when Deadman wonderland was canceled and Samurai Champloo was nice. Though they did themselves in with gangsta
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.