[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished watching Kill la Kill and overall it's left

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: gamalagann.png (1MB, 960x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gamalagann.png
1MB, 960x1080px
I just finished watching Kill la Kill and overall it's left me with a very meh impression. This is from someone who thinks TTGL is 10/10. It just never really felt like all the hype was focused enough to have the ending feel satisfying.
Satsuki as the antagonist got her way too many times that it started to feel repetitive, and when Nui/Ragyo stepped in as the real antagonists they came off as annoying more than intimidating. In fact I'm kind of pissed that Nui got to die on her own terms instead of getting chopped to bits like I thought she would after her arms got cut off. Same with Ragyo. Why Ryuko thought she was worth saving or some shit is utterly beyond me.

Near the end when Gamagori busted through that beacon's outer shell I thought for sure that Mikisugi/Tsumugu would pull out that bullet they were about to use on berserk Ryuko early in the show when Nudist Beach seemed formidable. They didn't and that just continued the pattern of sloppy writing where too many things mentioned in the show were just dropped or streamlined to fit the narrative.

The cast also seemed too large and as a result not too many people were memorable even though I thought early on that they could do great things with them. In terms of loli and the beast pairings, Mako x Gamagori are still second to Ilyasviel x Berserker.
>>
That's nice.

Mako tits best tits.
>>
TTGL had better atmosphere, KLK had humor. They both had all kinds of plotting problems.
>>
>>136060805
What would you consider a plot problem for TTGL?
>>
>>136060738
neat opinion man, I liked KLK more than TTGL.
>>
File: image.jpg (986KB, 1896x2813px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
986KB, 1896x2813px
I liked it.

The figure I ordered came in today actually. Not quite sure why some people don't like this design, anyone want to explain?
>>
>>136060738
kill le kill was literally TTGL on shoestring budget with much worse writing and characters.
>>
>>136061671
The characters were far better in KLK. Actually had a bit of style and uniqueness. The best character in TTGL died in episode 7 and he was still just a typical big brother type with a terrified/suicidal streak. They weren't terrible by any means, but outside the main cast they feel like nothing at all.
>>
>>136061871
Episode 8. And Kittan, Simon, and Viral were ALL better than Kamina.
>>
>>136060738
>The cast also seemed too large and as a result not too many people were memorable

TTGL Wasn't any different though. I overall liked more character in KlK than I did in TTGL.
>>
>>136061926
I'm not really going to bother fighting over it, they're all in the same ballpark IMO.
>>
>>136061668
Jesus, why did they have to go with the Super Saiyan Ryuko instead of a Scissor Sisters 'bingo!' ending?
>>
>>136061926
Kittan is debatable and Simon is a matter of taste but I never really bought Viral's progress which is sad because I like him as a character but he was always dependent on someone and seem like he got opportunities and chances out of pity from writers and the cast rather than earning those by his own merit. What was he even doing as the pilot of Gurren outside giving Simon someone to chat with? Guy never achieved anything on his own even his finest moment was thanks to the team's pet having pity on him.

I'm sorry but Kamina accomplished more being a brave idiot and leaving an inspiring legacy than Viral in the entire series. Kittan and Simon have their stronger points but Viral is a lost case. The best I can say of him is that he really tries.
>>
File: 1394914330647.jpg (66KB, 188x289px) Image search: [Google]
1394914330647.jpg
66KB, 188x289px
>Pacing/Plot/Action is actually starting to pick up
>Mako/Nui interruption

>mfw this 'joke' is repeated nearly a dozen times
>>
File: 1358393906439.png (7KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1358393906439.png
7KB, 300x250px
>>136062103
>'bingo!'

Trying to be funny, m8?
>>
>TTGL
>10/10
it's hardly a 5/10

also nice blog, subscribed
>>
>>136060738
Yeah, the plot was all over the place.
>>
File: all you need is kill.jpg (488KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
all you need is kill.jpg
488KB, 1300x1300px
>>136060738
>>
>>136060738
The last third was kind of shitty in both KLK and TTGL, although KLK fucked up way worse.
>the cast was too large
Same goes for TTGL. I didn't give a single shit when
all the Gurren Lagann members died in the last fight.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.