[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with fansubbers shoving in as many pointless annotations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Untitled.png (372KB, 597x483px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
372KB, 597x483px
What's with fansubbers shoving in as many pointless annotations on screen as possible? Will this ever go away?
>>
>>135980765
Fansubbers are huge, man. They're bigger than you or me. They're bigger than this shitty medium. They're bigger than Japan itself. To contain their enormous wit is no easy task, and sometimes we are blessed with these gems of uncut hilarity. Enjoy it and be thankful.

Or learn Japanese yourself. But wait. You can't.
>>
>i don't care therefore it's pointless

what are you, 12?
>>
>2016
>fansubbers
>s
>>
>>135981057
Anyone with a working brain can figure out that they're referring to London there unless you're some drooling mongoloid.
>>
Londonium actually refers to the ancient "City of London" built by the romans during the time they had occupied England; not to London itself.

Google it
>>
Good fansubbers who actually strive to release quality subs should use as little translation notes as possible. If you have to info dump on the viewer and distract him from watching the show then you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>135980765
I thought fansubbers already went away.
>>
>>135981099
Anyone with a working brain can figure out that OP was making a generalization unless they're some drooling mongoloid.
>>
>>135981222
It's all about balance. If important meaning will otherwise be lost, it's better to use a TL note. If it's something the watcher should be able to figure out, it's better to not use one.

I honestly think that they aren't used enough, with my advanced knowledge of Nihon culture, I am sometimes privy to references and puns that you lesser folk might miss, and I feel that my impressive knowledge ought to be shared.
>>
>>135981373
Hey I doubt Japan had a pop-up telling them what Londinium was back when they aired that show.
>>
>let's put a giant white bar on the screen
>thinks this is okay
>>
>>135980765
I for one like TL notes.

But what I miss more are character-color-coded subs
>>
>>135980765

It's already gone away, there are no fansubbers anymore. It's really a blast from the past watching series from around 2000 and earlier and seeing this sort of thing.
>>
Keikaku means plan.
>>
HorribleSubs wouldnt do this
>>
>>135981768
Because they don't actually sub anything?
>>
Niggeru means "to run away".
>>
File: mfw anon streaming.png (124KB, 283x280px) Image search: [Google]
mfw anon streaming.png
124KB, 283x280px
>>135980765
>that "quality"

Also TL NOTE; keikaku means plan
>>
>>135981768
Of course not. They just rip shitty subs from Crunchyroll shows and fuck the whole fansubbing community in the ass.
>>
>>135982018
Why didn't any fansubbing group retaliate?
>>
>>135982050
What?
>>
What year is this? That sort of practice has been out of fashion for at least half a decade by now
>>
>TL Note: If you know Japanese, you should know what this means
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.