[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What time in your life did anime feel the most "magical"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: dandy star.gif (933KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
dandy star.gif
933KB, 500x255px
What time in your life did anime feel the most "magical" to you? As in the peak of your enjoyment in your life?

What anime series/episodes/scenes brought you back to this feeling?
>>
>>135969185
I've never watched anime, I'm not a nerd.
>>
File: Space Dandy.jpg (60KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
Space Dandy.jpg
60KB, 500x340px
For me the "magic" time was back when I was little, starting around the time the first incarnation of Pokemon and Digimon were playing on Kids WB and ending when Toonami started being a walking corpse in the TOM 4 era.

Stuff that made me feel like I did back then:
>Space Dandy
>One Punch Man
>The second half of Eureka Seven
>The end of Kill la Kill
>Gurren Lagann
>Certain episodes/arcs of Gintama
>>
When I first started really watching in 2012
>>
>>135969185
Um, in the early 90s when Bubble Gum Crisis and Appleseed came out.
>>
>>135969185

For me it was when I was in my early 20s (2006 - 2007). Coincidentally, some of the best nip toons were released in that time period.
>>
>>135969185
I have watched and enjoyed anime for half my life. I will continue watching and enjoying anime more then likely for the rest of my life. There is no peak. Anime is always there especially if you aren't picky about genre and just love watching a broad amount of shows.
>>
when i was a little kid and all i knew of were the shows that aired on toonami, adult swim, and like abc family in the morning. i didnt realise they were "anime" i just noticed they were differant than most of the other shows. because of this i pretty much loved any show that came on that had the anime asthetic. too bad that bubble popped when i started following shows from japan and realised that 99% of anime is fucking shit
>>
Most magical is when I discovered Dragon Half.

>Went to a comic shop around the corner when I was 12
>Store manager knew me, I was a regular customer
>"Hey kid, you like cartoons, right?"
>I obviously say yes, I'm a god damned kid
>He shows me Dragon Half on DVD
>It's $30, but he knows I'm a regular, so he drops it to $15
>Lets me buy it despite it saying 15+. Says not to let my parents know
>Hands me an empty Yugioh box to hide it in
>Get home, go "unpack my box of cards"
>Parents go out for a few hours, so I can watch it
>mfw

This was my first encounter with anything like it. Ever since I watched Dragon Half, I've loved anything fantasy (with the exception of garbage like SAO and that one about a human Sonic the Hedgehog). Fantasy anime always give me a good feeling, at least until they go full bullshit. Same with manga and LNs, since I love Re:Monster and Shieldbro. Before then, I only watched stuff like Speed Racer and Dragon Ball Z (It was much later that I saw Dragon Ball).

Shows that gave me that feeling were not entirely the same fantasy rpg genre, but included;
>Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro Chan
>Busou Renkin
>Heroman
>Kyousogiga
>Macademi Wasshoi
>Needless
>Space Dandy
>Spice and Wolf
>Zettai Bouei Leviathan

And many more. I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff.
>>
Started watching Samurai Pizza Cats and things like Pokémon, Dragonball Z a bit later. Only got to actively seeking out anime in 2006/2007 and back then it felt like I had discovered a new world, another source of entertaining media. When you first get into it it feels so endless, you know? So many shows to watch. After a bit I started struggling to find new series, the magic had worn off. I still find some good ones I disregarded in the past every now and then, but theyre generally old.
>>
>>135969185
When I was nine or ten I was convinced that when I died, Pokémon would be real in heaven. That's pretty much the peak for me.
>>
Probably being a freshman girl watching Inuyasha on adult swim after hanging out with my friends and having high school times.

Now I'm almost 30
almost there : /
>>
Serial Experiments Lain and Haibane Renmei for me. Except I didn't watch them until 2003 on a recommendation from someone. That was a good year (and the next two years as well).
>>
>>135969185
Watching K-On at five in the morning while eating breakfast before I'd have to get up and get ready for school. I used to reserve each episode for just that time. Watching Haruhi back in the day had a similar feeling.
>>
As bizarre as it was, G-Reco brought back that feeling you're talking about. MOTW, Tomino dialog, amazing visuals, and that TSUKAME PRIIIIIDE song for the ED, all some real old school shit
>>
>>135969391
What is the deal with people who started watching anime when they were a kid only enjoying action shlock once they're grown? Do you just watch anime for the nostalgia trip, or what?
>>
After watching a whole lot of TV anime I realized how many great movies and OVA's there are by legendary directors and animators that I haven't seen.
>>
>>135979082
Jesus, are you actually me? I used to get up at around 4 or 5 in the morning and watch K-ON episodes back in the 9th grade. Haruhi was also a favorite of mine before that as well.
>>
File: 1452065861020.jpg (208KB, 500x236px) Image search: [Google]
1452065861020.jpg
208KB, 500x236px
I watched 3 episodes of Mirai Nikki.

Now I want a stalker.

I've never felt this enamored with a cartoon before pls help

I don't even read manga or watch anime regularly, I was just curious about the "Yukki" song

> JUST
>>
I've always watched the odd anime now and then for the last decade, but only last year I started seriously watching all the shows I'd been meaning to watch for years. Over the course of a few months I watched Raildex, Evangelion, FLCL, Shinsekai Yori, Stein's;Gate, Robotics;Notes, Madoka and Chuunibyou. While they seem like a pretty random assortment of shows they feel similar to me because they stil had that magical feeling of anime being exciting. The last show that gave me that feeling what TTGL.
>>
>>135979456
I think it's just that different conditions have lead to us having different tastes, family.
>>
Anime was really magical when I was watching weird experimental things like Mushishi, Kaiba, Cat Soup and the like in 2008. But my tastes have sorta changed and I prefer CGDQT now, so nothing I watch really brings me back to that time. I am still saving Angel's Egg for a rainy day
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.