[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth it to watch the Utena series? Or just the movie? be honest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: group_29.png (383KB, 633x650px) Image search: [Google]
group_29.png
383KB, 633x650px
Is it worth it to watch the Utena series? Or just the movie? be honest
>>
>>135925285
movie shyt. animu gud.
>>
File: drunk and bored.png (136KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
drunk and bored.png
136KB, 300x300px
>>135925285
Solely based on what some people told me... yes, it is highly recommended. I'm going to watch it too.
>>
>>135925285
Watch both, you pleb.
>>
>>135925285
Movie is a retelling of the anime, but because its condensed into 1h30m, its even more sureal and confusing.

Its for watching after the show
>>
The TV series and movie are completely different stories.

Both are worth watching if you enjoy "surreal" imagery, but the TV is much more competent in the storytelling department.
>>
lot of mixed responses
>>
The anime. Depend on your perspective. It can be good, but it feels really dragged on halfway with the amount of episodes. Tumblr really had sink its fang in this show and used it as a sjw excuse.
>>
>>135925544
Says the pleb

OP, just watch both
>>
File: 1448893620487.png (337KB, 823x720px) Image search: [Google]
1448893620487.png
337KB, 823x720px
>>135926436
What the fuck does this even mean
>>
>>135925285
The movie won't make any sense without having seen the series beforehand to understand why it was made.
>>
>>135926436

I don't really understand this phenomenon.

One of the central messages of the show was that love and friendship is more important than running around being an empowered woman.
>>
>>135926716
>One of the central messages of the show
>implying Ikuhara shows are about having a straightforward message
>>
>>135926716
Have you seen their complaint? They can't be happy with the fact that the author didn't made the MC more obvious lesbo, and claim that utena is punished for being tran because she got slapped.
>>
>>135926979
>Have you seen their complaint?

No because I don't go on tumblr you faggot
>>
>>135925285
They are basically unrelated to each other besides the setting and over theme (to an extent) so watch both, but the series first.
>>
It's fucking fantastic - All of it.
It's Eva tier worth watching - i.e. everyone should see if.
If you haven't seen it, you don't know shit about anime and should stop posting immediately.
The fuck would you not watch the movie?
I don't get you people.
>>
>>135925285
Both, for different reasons, really. Neither are flawless works of art, which is the impression you might from some /a/nons, but both are hugely important historically while also being worthwhile in their own right.
>>
>>135926862

That's true, but Enokido was involved in the composition unlike later Ikuhara, and he always layers in some sort of philosophies about life.
>>
>>135927212
I think there was a screen shot on /a/ before.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.