[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drifters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: 8.jpg (192KB, 755x572px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
192KB, 755x572px
Who else is reading this?
>>
I decided to put it in my "read it when it's done" list along with Vagabond
>>
i decided to wait the anime
>>
>>135886485
>"read it when it's done"
Sure. A prudent course of action.
>>
>>135886485
Marathoned it in one day, kinda regret it now. I love this incarnation of Nobunaga.
>>
>>135886485
I would have liked this more if they actually made the empire into a credible threat. Because I refuse to believe that Nobunaga was the first to discover radio and its importance despite the empire being founded by Hitler.
>>
>>135886485
I do. But lack of updates makes it hard to keep up without occasional rereading.
>>
>>135888182
It's likely Hitler didn't use the radio in the wars he fought as he couldn't make one and I don't think at that time there were any wizards around who could have provided the Palantirs. The empire was in ruin long before the Drifters began their campaing, the real threat is the Dark Lord anyway. The Ends on the other hand have been really underwhelming so far.
>>
Sure, I wonder what Tamon-maru and Zero-kun will do now they meet each other. I hope they fix up a Zero and start fighting dragons again.
>>
>>135888804
I'm also looking forward to see what Scipion will do now the Tamon has given him a quick history lesson.
>>
>>135888497
Even if it's not radio, an equivalent of one would have been immensely useful. Not to mention zero combined arms tactics despite him being an actual soldier and attended every single military meeting. Hell, he was the one that pushed for the blitzkrieg into France, so seeing how absolutely zero of WW2-era tactics and technology (even as a magic/fantasy-expy) being introduced into the empire is nothing short of pure author-fiat. Not to mention, as the later WW2 history has shown, Hitler has a massive hard-on for fringe science technology, so having zero technological/magical progress is really out of character for him.
>>
>>135889065

they probalby had all those things during Hitler's lifetime, as much as he could push em, but didn't keep the infrastructure or the militant culture or the trained officers for long after he died. Just 1 guy can't make some fantasy kingdom into WW2 germany by teaching them some tricks without all the prussia backghround
>>
>>135888929
Aye, it should be fun what kind of tactic Scipio can create with new the new knowledge of war, not to mention they also have access to some more advance firearms than musket. If they can get those to the dwarves then maybe it can be copy and reproduce aswell.
>>
>>135886485
It's stupid as hell, but fun nonetheless.
>>
>>135889065
It would have been useful obviously, too bad Hitler hadn't any way to reproduce it. As for the technological progress this would be the cause if he ruled the empire after he unified it, but he disappeared soon after. He managed to unify an empire only using politics, I'd say they gave him the credit he deserves.

On another note, it's heavily implied this is just another round of the game between the man and the girl, isn't it?
>>
>>135889243
I fear the day Nobunaga discovers aerial warfare.
>>
>>135889205
How exactly can an entire empire suddenly forget all about combined arms tactics? Hell, the art of war still lives on to this day, so having an incredibly game-changing tactic just suddenly up and disappear is absurd. That is some serious regression, especially for someone as supposedly influencial as Hitler during the founding of the Empire, for everyone to just forget everything he has said or done.
>>
Style is too edgy for me.
>>
>>135889416
That's kinda what irks me the most about his contributions. Hitler pushed heavily into the occult/fringe science during the later years of WW2. So him not preparing a magical-expy version of WW2 stuff is hard to believe. And as I said before, Hitler does know military tactics, so him conquering only through politics and not leave any of his military knowledge behind is nothing short of author-fiat.

And yeah, I know, it's a game between two deity-level entity, but since it's heavily implied that this time it's different, it's just somewhat hard to believe the man has been losing to someone that didn't pick any sort of actual military leadership for their side.
>>
>>135889548

how exactly can an entire empire learn about combined arms tactics with just a single, middle aged high level instructor. How old was hitler when he arrived there and how old was he after they even became an empire.

to be clear, I'm saying they never learned those things. Hitler just micromanaged most of it and they trusted him enough for it to work out, but not much serious knowledge penetrated their nobility and culture. Certainly not enough to keep it around after he died.
>>
>>135889756
Are you referring to OP's image? The manga is actually half action half comic reliefs.
>>
>>135886485
I've reread it yesterday. The combination of historical figures, ridiculously over the top action and Hirano's distinct style is great. Too bad chapters are so short and come out so rare.

Jeanne best girl.
>>
>>135889065
>Hell, he was the one that pushed for the blitzkrieg into France,
That doesn't say much considering the blietzkrieg was basically "let's zerg rush France and hope we can fight the entire world from there".
>>
>>135889791
I know, there could be tons of reasons why such knowledge never trickled down throughout the empire, but it just irks me that somehow, someway, a person with probably more military and technology knowledge than Nobunaga contributed absolutely nothing to the empire other than the founding. It just feels more like wasted potential than anything else.
>>
File: 11.jpg (156KB, 728x1058px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
156KB, 728x1058px
>>135889879
Edgy Jeanne d'Arc is so stupid that it's brilliant.
>>
>>135889966
Well yes, that's pretty much combined arms tactics in a nutshell. And it was so mind-blowingly simple and amazing, it changed the face of warfare. Which is why I'm saying it's hard to believe the empire just either outright forgotten about it or never adopted it.
>>
>>135889985
I think Hirano is sticking to emphasize each character most famous (from the masses viewpoint) trait. Nobunaga's malice and love of firearms, Toyohisa's recklessness and in this case Hitler's capability to make masses follow him.
>>
>>135886485
Is the main villain Jesus?
>>
>>135890429
Most likely.
>>
>>135890193
It could be that, or it could be the more obvious reasons. He needed a way for the underdogs to win and he just wants to draw firearm wielding fantasy races leaded by famous people from history stomping your generic fantasy evil empire. I get it, I shouldn't think too much about it and enjoy the mindless curbstomping, but there's just too many of those types of stories out already so rereading something I've read so many times before is just tedious.
>>
>>135886485
Was Drifters the first fantasy world reincarnation story? It seems like it should be more popular.
>>
>>135889488
Not!Jesus's army will be firebomb all day and night. Maybe Zero-kun can teach him about this. I can't wait for all the Drifters to finally converge.
>>135890429
It's so obvious that it would be more of a twist if it wasn't Jesus.
>>
>>135890536
I wouldn't call the protagonists the underdogs, they've got Nobunaga, Scipio and a bunch of other formidable people, if anything the baddies are a threat only because of Jesus's hax powers, the other Ends have been quite underwhelming.
>>
File: 18.jpg (294KB, 869x1229px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
294KB, 869x1229px
>>135890628
I was wondering the same thing.
>>
>>135890681
That's usually how underdog stories goes. BBEG has a hax power and it's up to the underdog to beat it using unconventional (for its setting) means. In this case, radios, fire-arms, a Gatling gun, maybe a WW2-era airplane and actual military tactics. It's just like one of those SI reincarnated power-fantasy WN, but with actual history figures and their super power is tactics and technological innovation.
>>
>>135890628
I'm pretty sure reincarnation fantasy world stuff has been going on way before. A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court is the earliest and most famous I can remember.
>>
>>135890628
Is that so?
>>
I wish the anime would get someone to draw a Scipio x Hannibal doujin.
>>
>>135891179
Mah niggah
>>
>>135891278
>Remember Zama, Scipio? How you opened your holes to let through my elephants?
>I remember, Hannibal. I remember.
>>
SEARCHING
>>
That's from the guy who drew Hellsing, right?
>>
File: 1452194482928.gif (736KB, 395x222px) Image search: [Google]
1452194482928.gif
736KB, 395x222px
>>135891766
>>
>>135891278
But they're both senile old men now.
>>135891766
Aye.
>>
I check like once a year to see how many chapters there are since I last read it and then read those.

I really like the comedy relief in the series, was pissing myself when that Jap pilot was declared the Sky God by this Dog. That guy is based, he was transported into that world and the first he did was tell a Dragon to fuck off.
>>
>>135891831
There's plenty of fujoshi artists who like old men though.
>>
How does this fare in Japan? One would think it was more famous.
>>
>>135890008
Hope Toyohisa can heal her and give her some love she deserves.
>>
>>135890628
It's not really a reincarnation story, is it? It's more transmigration, and we've had other stories like that. Though I guess it''s debateable whether they really died or not when they were transported to the other world.
>>
>>135886485
I would read it if it had any sort of schedule
>>
>>135894716
It's shown they are taken away seconds before they die, so yeah, it's more transmigration.
>>135894983
It's still one hell of a ride.
>>
>>135886485
Waiting for translates chapters is a pain in the ass.

Worth the wait though.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.