[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I still think the whole Cell Game was the greatest fight ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: GREATEST FIGHT OF ALL TIME.jpg (184KB, 728x1182px) Image search: [Google]
GREATEST FIGHT OF ALL TIME.jpg
184KB, 728x1182px
I still think the whole Cell Game was the greatest fight ever and the shonen genre at his best

>tfw the Champa tournament won't even be close to be half as good as the Cell Game
>>
>>135856902

Super is just a big pile of shit; nothing worth watching will come out of it.
>>
>>135856902
>Shounen Genre at its best
>Dragon Ball
Kill yourself
>>
>>135856902
Goku vs Cell was great. It wasn't really a stomp on either side even though it's implied Cell was holding back.

Gohan vs Cell not so much.
>>
>>135857095
I bet you like the second half of Death Note
>>
>>135857234
the best part was the Cell junior attacking. It had real tension, everyone was involve, Gohan SSJ2 transformation and killing all the Cell junior great
>>
File: OnNDBr2[1].gif (993KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
OnNDBr2[1].gif
993KB, 260x146px
>>135856902
Dragon Ball is indeed one of the best Shounen titles..

Dragon Ball Z and all the releases after it are a shit, they are the reason anime started dying.
>>
No arc was worse then Cell
>>
>mangafox
>>
File: 00033.jpg (352KB, 1150x1725px) Image search: [Google]
00033.jpg
352KB, 1150x1725px
>>135856902
>Shounen genre
Well I will just assume that you meant battle shounen.
The whole cell/cyborg saga was awesome, it was when vegeta char development started, it was when Gohan became the most powerful warrior (succeding to his father), some of the antagonists were either likable or outright monstruous(in the good way), it featured future Trunks and it had memorable fights and moments who became classics.

However was it "shonen genre" as its best OP?
I really don't know, the question itself is a tricky one since you have a lot of thing in the battle shounen that are used to measure its quality.
Though I can't remember from what I have read, anything that surpasses the cell saga in terms of hype and battles, its surpassed in world building by One Piece, the characters in HxH are better etc.
And to be honest I'm too lazy to try to give you an answer.

Also Toriyama is a master when it comes to drawing fights, I mean look at this shit, I can't really think of any recent manga with choregraphy half as good
>>
>>135856902
>Not the Frieza arc
What the fuck?
>>
File: Garou vs Metal Bat.jpg (1MB, 584x9999px) Image search: [Google]
Garou vs Metal Bat.jpg
1MB, 584x9999px
>>135858953
>I can't really think of any recent manga with choregraphy half as good
OPM,NNT?
>>
>>135856902

It wasn't even best dragon ball fight, let alone being one of the best shonen battles
>>
File: Garou vs Metal Bat 2.jpg (2MB, 669x9999px) Image search: [Google]
Garou vs Metal Bat 2.jpg
2MB, 669x9999px
>>135859110
>>
Cell Games was fucking trash. I don't know why isiots rate it as highly as they do. It's literally a copy/paste of the Freeza saga with a few slight changes here and there. Cell is basically Freeza 2.0, especially with the whole "lel im only using 0.000090381% of my full power" and Gohan turning SSJ2 is a rehash of Goku turning SSJ on Namek, only not as good. Only the Cell Jrs kicking the shit out of everyone was worthwhile.

Namek/Freeza arc was the epitome of Z, then it went all downhill from there.
>>
>>135859110
Not really better, I would have posted several pages too but I don't have such a pic and I'm too lazy to find/make one.Though I will admit that its way better drawn.
>>
File: BIG BAIT.png (237KB, 351x358px) Image search: [Google]
BIG BAIT.png
237KB, 351x358px
>>135859400
>>
So what happened in the last episode of DBS?
>>
>>135856902
>Cell Games
>not the Dark Tournament

k
>>
>>135859559
Not bait. It's the honest-to-god truth.
>>
>>135859791
bad drawing and shitty animation. So just Toei being Toei
>>
>>135857525
>Anime
>>
File: Unlimited Blade Works.png (120KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
Unlimited Blade Works.png
120KB, 622x626px
>>135859901
>>
>>135859400
>Cell is basically Freeza 2.0
I doubt it, Freeza wouldn't have let them live to participate in a game he organized.
Also Freeza was scared shitless of the ssj and didn't try to taunt Goku so he could get stronger like Cell tried to taunt Gohan into transforming. Freeza actually got mad when goku got strong enough to hurt him through the kaioken.
Cell was a lot more playful,reckless and confident.
> Gohan turning SSJ2 is a rehash of Goku turning SSJ on Namek, only not as good.
It was indeed similar to goku transformation but I beg to differ in the "not-as-good" part.Until then Gohan was kind of a secondary fighter . He had a few moments but no one was seriously expecting him to take down a major villain, everyone thought it wil be Goku or maaaaybe Vegeta. Then SSJ2 happens, Gohan isn't timid, scared and hesitant, the motherfucker turn into an arrogant, angry and bloodlusted fighter. No one was expecting that we always thought that Goku would save the day as always.
>>
>>135860212
Fuck off retard he's right.
>>
File: excalibait.png (137KB, 1344x756px) Image search: [Google]
excalibait.png
137KB, 1344x756px
>>135860258
>>
I find it absolutely comical that people think the new universe content will somehow redeem Super.
>>
>>135856902
Cell Games was shit
>>
Does anyone have a DBS live stream link?
>>
>>135856902
Cell and Buu are the worst arcs of the entire manga.
>>
>>135860441
Who knows? Maybe Toei will care a little more so we won't have anymore SUPER QUALITY.
>>
>>135860572
How many times does Toei have to disappoint before you people finally learn?
>>
>>135859400
Cell Jrs. were basically Ginyu Force/Freeza Soldiers without personality so even that wasn't that great
>>
>>135860597
I said "maybe" as if "the possibility isn't 0".
I'm not expetcing anything. I also don't watch Super. I'm waiting until they go past what the 2 movies covered.
>>
>>135860718
The possibility is 0.
>>
The whole DBZ show spit on what made DB good and turned into a generic powerlevels anime.
>>
>>135860256
> and didn't try to taunt Goku so he could get stronger like Cell tried to taunt Gohan into transforming
Yeah, but he still made Goku transform via taunting him by killing someone right in front of them, which is exactly what Cell also did to Gohan.
> Freeza actually got mad when goku got strong enough to hurt him through the kaioken.
Cell was a lot more playful,reckless and confident.
But Cell did get mad once he realized he was totally outclassed by SSJ2 Gohan, just like Freeza got mad when Goku went SSJ. Hell, Cell even tried to destroy the planet because he knew he couldn't win, just like Freeza.
>>
>>135860754
>turned into a generic powerlevels anime.
Nigger DBZ invented Power Levels in the first place
>>
>>135861063
And anime has been all the worse ever since.
>>
>>135860807
>Yeah, but he still made Goku transform via taunting him by killing someone right in front of them, which is exactly what Cell also did to Gohan.
He did not do it in the intention to make Goku stronger, he did it because Krilin was the guy who cut his tail so the motif is revenge and not wanting to make the other stronger. Weither it's intentional or not is what is important when determining the personalities of both Cell and Frieza

>But Cell did get mad once he realized he was totally outclassed by SSJ2 Gohan, just like Freeza got mad when Goku went SSJ.
He did get mad when he realized that he is fucked, that's normal. However Frieza got mad when he still outclassed Goku by a large margin. When Vegeta blew half of Cell torso with the final flash, you didn't see Cell being angry as fuck, he just laughed. Same thing for when Goku blew half of Cell away
>>
>>135857013
Like DB and DBZ, so it's fine
>>
>>135861115
If you only watch Battle Shonen sure
>>
>>135861209
What else is there?
>>
>>135860807
Also it's late and I'm getting sleepy so don't expect replies from me.
>>
>>135861255
>What else is there?
How fucking new are you?

There's dozens of genres,demographics etc. in Manga/Anime
Try stuff like Monster,Lupin III,Detective Conan etc.

There's a lot of stuff out there just waiting to be read/watched
You got Detective stories,you got Slice of Life,You got Romance/Romcoms,you got Sports manga/anime,you got Science Fiction/Politics(like Legend of Galactic Heroes),you got anime based on toys/games etc and tons of other shit really
>>
>>135861457
Okay I'll check them out.
>>
>>135861479
No, you won't.
>>
>>135861528
I promise
>>
>>135861553
This >>135861457 isn't this >>135861528
Just to be clear
>>
>>135861645
Oh okay.
>>
>>135861167
> Weither it's intentional or not is what is important when determining the personalities of both Cell and Frieza
We could clearly see Cell taking pleasure in torturing the Z Fighters and taunting Gohan. Even if he had a different objective, there's no denying that. And besides, part of what makes the Cell Games a rehash of Freeza is the fact that the villains made the heroes transform using the exact same method
> When Vegeta blew half of Cell torso with the final flash, you didn't see Cell being angry as fuck, he just laughed. Same thing for when Goku blew half of Cell away
That's only because Cell could regenerate. Do you think he'd still be laughing if he couldn't?
>>
>>135859110
>>135859380
>posting Muratas pleb version.

Stop
>>
>>135859110
Nah. Murata is a better artist, no doubt there, but his battle choreography is only okay.
>>
>>135862023
They won't.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.