[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was I supposed to hate this? Because I honestly enjoyed Sword

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 13

File: SAO.jpg (334KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SAO.jpg
334KB, 1600x1000px
Was I supposed to hate this? Because I honestly enjoyed Sword Art Online. The second half of season 1 was a little ~meh~, but other than that, it was pretty good. Anybody else enjoy it?
>>
>>135730143
I enjoyed it. Not my top 10, but I don't think it's as bad as everyone says it is.
>>
Two years worth of semen....
>>
>>135730143
You can enjoy something while recognizing that it's absolute trash.
I did not enjoy it
>>
fucking kill yourself
>>
you are supposed to hate it because you spend all your time on reddit reading how much people like it and you dont.
>>
>>135730304
People keep saying this in every SAO thread and I still don't fucking get it.
>>
I really do get why everyone likes it, it has this underlying theme of enjoying the little things in life in a bleak situation, especially with Asuna's line of "I didn't waste my life playing a video game because I spent that time with great people" thing which is the main thing that teenagers feel vindicated in when people keep telling them that people over the internet aren't real and that they're wasting their lives not making real friends.

That being said, they ruin it a lot by having a disjointed story that constantly switches back and forth from "We gotta get out of this hellhole" to "oh hey, lets save your digital pet!"

And then the whole online friends thing and not wasting your life theme was completely ruined by the second half of the 1st season and the 2nd season afterwards... until Mother's Rosario where they remembered the appeal of the 1st season again... just wish Asuna showed her mother that there was a girl who was dying able to play and have friends as her big argument rather than a wooden cabin... but, again, Eincrad and Mother's Rosario were OK albeit very clumsily executed, The rest was unacceptable garbage IMO
>>
>>135730548
Book 1 Chapter 16.5
Its widely accepted that the author of the light novels wrote it in their original publication, but removed it around the time the Anime was being made and the light novels printed.
>>
File: 1450245774375.jpg (406KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1450245774375.jpg
406KB, 1920x1080px
>>135730548
>>
>>135730143
There are many people who can enjoy even worse shit like Rakudai or Asterisk, so I don't see why you cannot enjoy SAO.
>>
/v/tard here. I thought this would pander to my interests. It did absolutely nothing for me. Good thing there's Log Horizon.
>>
>>135730548
Basically, in episode 10 Asuna and Kirito fucked (go back and watch it). The Author wrote that scene out in to Light Novel, but removed it for obvious reasons.

You can read it here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8539671/1/Sword-Art-Online-Extra-Chapter-16-5
>>
For a normalfag pleebtier introshit show,
it was actually fun and quite well done.
Does not at all deserve the bad wrap it gets.
>>
>>135730736
>>135731090

Here's the doujinshi version of 16.5 if you want a bit more visual.

http://exhentai.org/g/517473/8135408114/
>>
>>135731292
Thank you for the fap, anon.
>>
>>135730143
>Was I supposed to hate this
No. Stop listening to others. Especially /a/
>>
>>135731069
Did that raid speech in season 2 get you too?
>>
>>135732219
Didn't bother with Season 2, unless you're talking about Fairy Arc.
>>
SAO doesn't deserve the hate it gets.
>>
My favorite part was when they went off in the cabin. I know everyone hates that part but i love SoL animes.
>>
File: 1957954.jpg (38KB, 361x354px) Image search: [Google]
1957954.jpg
38KB, 361x354px
>>135730143
>The first half of SAO was good
This must one of the shittiest memes in all of anime
>>
>>135732264
It was about partway into Season 2 proper where they raid this money vault place.

>>135732266
It definitely has it's issues but I had fun with it for the most part. I hear PA is actually pretty solid compared to the earlier novels. Not sure how much I would've liked Season 2 if it wasn't for Sawashiro though.
>>
Kirito was like a 15 year old virgin nerd, how was he so good at virtual sex? Did he level up some stats we don't know about?
>>
>>135730143
Its a great show, all vocal hipsters can do is bawwww about how bad it is while no one cares and SAO keeps getting more anime and games released.
>>
>>135732268
SoL only works for me if I like the characters. There are tons of anime where I'd want to see side stories of the cast dicking around. This isn't one
>>
>>135732219
>That shitty 10 min long speech
Dropped it a couple episodes later. S1 was alright, S2 was a pile of shit.
>>
>>135732341
I honestly didn't like any of the characters besides the barista in Time of Eve, but i still enjoyed it as a SoL.
I guess we just enjoy different things about anime senpai :)
>>
>>135732326
He's good at sex because the author wishes he was good at sex when he was 15.
>>
>>135730947
Does she has a speaker attach to her uterus?
>>
>>135732408
That's one of the upgrades you can get in the game.
>>
>Boring as fuck characters
>3 episodes of filler right off the bat
>Only semi-interesting characters barely appear because Kirito has to be the only guy that gets any attention
>Ass-pulls everywhere
>Time progression makes no sense
Not even a case of "dumb but fun". This shit was 100% unenjoyable.
>>
>>135732305
This
>>
>>135732219
season 1 was great otherworldly adventure
season 2 pretended season 1 didnt happen and everyone needed to be given a tutorial on every single possible mmo mechanic. so cringy, so boring, so lame.
>>
>>135731292
This makes me curious. Now obviously Asuna was a virgin but is every girl in the game a virgin? I don't mean IRL but in game, is every virtual female character a virgin. I mean it's a new body, it would make sense. But now what about the guys that made female characters. If there was a sex function in game and they had virtual sex how the fuck would that work.

And speaking of which, in fantasy worlds if you use a healing spell or potion on a girl, does her hymen grow back? And what if you had your appendix or tonsils removed, do those come back?

These question need answers.
>>
>>135730947
So is it possible to get impregnated in a video game then have a baby in real life?
>>
>>135732746
No.
>>
>>135732629
That's not how healing spells work, anon.
>>
>>135732629
There's no mention of a hymen in 16.5
>>
>>135732857
Please educate me on how magical healing spells that could be completely different in any work of fiction work then.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
>>
>>135732880
Healing spells are small scale time reversals in some works.
>>
>>135732326
considering his RPG stats, he should be pretty high on mobility, strength, and stamina.
>>
I only like it ironically

Laughing at how bad it was with toonami general while it was airing made it that much better
>>
>>135730647
The whole switching irked me as well. It's almost as if they completely forget they're prisoners for 2-3 episodes then all of the sudden it's fucking imperative to advance to the next floor.
>>
>>135733404
>It's almost as if they completely forget they're prisoners for 2-3 episodes then all of the sudden it's fucking imperative to advance to the next floor.

What do you mean?
>>
File: 52886694_p0.png (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
52886694_p0.png
2MB, 1600x1200px
>>135730304
What's it feel like?

Also aren't AIDs treatable?
>>
>>135730143
My 11 year old brother enjoys it, and he has fine enough taste for his age. I'll still show him Overlord when he's old enough.
>>
>>135731090
Man, what a hunk of pandering bullshit. Such a juvenile fantasy. They're both virgins, and she cums for times in quick succession, once from him just playing with her tits? So fucking stupid.

I mean, I know this is aimed at nip preteens, but the fact that any of you idiots in this thread can even take this show seriously when THIS is the source material strains the mind.

The amount of blatant gary sue harem wish fulfillment in this show was overwhelming. I'll admit, when I watched the first episode I thought it could possibly be cool. But then every female character MC met fell in love with him, and then he became the most powerful person in the world for no reason, and then he got the asspull superpower that nobody else had for no reason. And then, jesus christ, the fuckin incest subplot throughout the second season.

Look, you can like whatever you like, but there's no debate that SAO is:

1. Unabashed pandering wish-fulfillment
2. Gary Sue as a motherfuck
3. Cliche

There WERE things that I liked about the show, I'm not gonna lie, but most of them had to do with the setting.

Maybe this show doesn't deserve to be the /a/ whipping boy, but recognize that it was chosen due to its popularity with underage normalfags and many, many negative qualities. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy it, but how can you be confused by others hating it?
>>
>>135734647
i'm sorry was that a complaint at SAO or Hunger games?
>>
>>135734846
Do you have some kind of point you're trying to make?
>>
The LN is mediocre at best and the anime is not very good except for Mother's Rosario, which at least was carried by Aoi Yuuki and actually decent animation. Certain parts of it were animated in 1's, and Sword Skills were actually more than stabby laser lights.

All I want is Progressive 4 and Tap to get around to translating ME 14-17.
>>
>>135734846
Hunger games was shit too
>>
>>135730143
/a/ hate everything that is popular, SAO and Naruto is not even that bad, yes they are bad but what I'm trying to say that there are worse shows like Glasslips.
>>
>>135730143
Why do these bait threads always use the same damn pic every time?
>>
>>135731069
What is ur opinion about overlord?
>>
>>135735789
jaw dropping. Bone chilling.
>>
>>135730143
>>135730143
I enjoyed the animation, character designs, and OST but man oh man is the story and characters absolute shit! The MC is cringe worthy bad and so is most of the cast except for a few who are decent at best only because they aren't offensively retarted. I can go on how bad the harem bullshit is, filler episodes, Deus Ex Machinas, and plot contrivances, and how the villains are idiots or don't even know their own motive is, but it would be a waste of time since anyone who has seen at least one good show would know SAO is nothing more than a guilty pleasure.
>>
>>135734544
You better show him Berserk if you don't want him to turn out a little bitch boy.
>>
>>135730143
Congrats, you are your own person, and not apart of the /a/ hivemind that probably doesn't exist.

>>135730736
If by "original publication", you mean the web novel, 16.5 was written after the main part of the story, and was in a hidden part of his website.

>>135730647
>>135733404
The mood switching was because the Aincrad "arc" was written in parts. There was the main story, which was the last few episodes of that arc in the anime, but everything else was a bunch of side-stories strung together with different moods.
People can't be 100% high-strung all the time, and need time to relax, so it's not like these scenes suddenly don't make sense, but the it's poorly put together, and the anime doesn't help with it putting it all in chronological order.

>>135732326
>how was he so good at virtual sex?
It's a video game; it's not like Kirito was any good at fighting in real life, but he did just fine in-game.

>>135735284
>All I want is Progressive 4
More Argo is good,

>Tap to get around to translating ME 14-17.
14 through 17, huh?

>Sword Art Online Material Edition 14 - Sugary Days 5
>Sword Art Online Material Edition 15 - Sugary Days 6
>Sword Art Online Material Edition 16 - Sugary Days 7
Oh great, more in depth detail about SAO's sex-related mechanics.
>>
Who was best girl?
>>
File: SAOPmangaCh4p24.png (1MB, 1424x1006px) Image search: [Google]
SAOPmangaCh4p24.png
1MB, 1424x1006px
>>135737305
Argo. Shame she didn't get much screentime in the anime.

Progressive anime when?
>>
>>135730143
You're right. First half of season 1 is great.

Everything else in every season is shit
>>
>>135730143
As you think about it you'll slowly start to hate it more and more. Of course I only enjoyed the first arc and didn't even finish the last so theres that.
>>
>>135730143
I enjoyed it, but that's because I enjoy "Hero saves the day" stuff. If you want me to be a critic, there's a lot I can drag down about this show. If you're looking for a good old fashioned "hero wins, dropkicks everything in the way, and gets romance in a cool setting that makes you think about the possibilities of future gaming a little bit" then cool.
If you're looking for something that's going to give you Tron's somewhat-religious vibes or something with a huge set of moral questions that need to be addressed, this isn't what you're looking for.
Either way, you will still never be able to listen to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer without at least internally crying ever again.Sachi ;_;
>>
>>135730143
Everything else is shit though
>>
File: Dual Bait.png (38KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
Dual Bait.png
38KB, 500x501px
>>135730143
>>
>>135730143
I enjoyed it a lot.

>>135731090
>>135730736
IIRC It was in the Web version, not the print version.

>>135734171
HIV somewhat, AIDS no.
>>
>>135734647
This.
The only interesting girl was the one in season 2who died at the end because she was the only one not interested in Gary's D. All the other girls were merely filling up the main stereotypes the harem needed.

Sinon seemed interesting at first but it's hard to take her seriously when her asscrack gets more screentime than her face.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1838x2600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1838x2600px
Good God people, are you really so hypnotized by moe and CGDCT that you can't handle something with a little more action?
>>
>>135737014
>Oh great, more in depth detail about SAO's furniture-making.
Fixed. Dat table, man. (I read ME 14 in Chinese, and it was about Asuna wanting to find the player craftsman who made that table. Amazingly, they did not have sex in that ME. Though they almost did in the rocking chair again. Kirito, pls. Put that away.)
>>
File: image.jpg (315KB, 1440x1947px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
315KB, 1440x1947px
>>135743162
>Kirito, pls put that away
Hey, if you were stuck for two years in a vidya game, wouldn't YOU want to take as much advantage of the consequence-free tail as you can?
>>
Yep, it was fine
But the second half in the first season is bullshit
>>
>>135730143
>The first episode of season 1 was a little ~meh~, but other than that, it was utter garbage.
Fixed.
>>
>>135743218
He should take a break from fucking his hot wife sometime. Fishing ain't gonna grind itself.

I still can't believe enabling sex makes baths feel better. Kawahara pls.
>>
>>135744569
It's probably the difference between taking a bath in the nude and in a fullbody wetsuit.
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 500x500px
>>135741087
Sinon is, in some ways, every thing that Asuna should have been. I've always chalked up the profusion of ass shots as being because the camera more or less follows Kirito's perspective, and we all know what *he's* looking at.

The thing that made it hard for me to take her seriously though is when she breaks down and starts freaking out and crying like a little bitch near the end.
>>
>>135744569
I've always assumed that justification was just as flimsy in-universe as it is to us out-of-universe, and that the real reason they put genitalia and sex mechanics in is because not only was the game's creator a goddamned bastard, he was also a dirty pervert and possible pedophile.

I seriously do not get how anyone, least of all the writers, could have any sympathy for him.
>>
>>135744569
>>135744706
>>135745351
filtered
>>
>>135730143
>The second half of season 1 was a little ~meh~
>~meh~
Go back to MAL.
>>
>>135745494
Saying "filtered" should seriously get added to rule 7. It contributes nothing except to say how much of a sensitive autist people are.
>>
>>135745761
At least he doesn´t feel the need to show everyone how much of a special snowflake he is by putting on a trip.
>>
>>135745966
One thing I've come to realize is that the human need for self-aggrandizement is so powerful, that people will continue to try to demonstrate their superiority even while they are totally anonymous. I've decided to accept that and use a tripcode so I don't have to build myself up from scratch for every thread.
>>
>>135746155
Totally man, all the people here bashing trips are just jealous.
But I just found this amazing site where everyone is not so narrow minded and accepts that. It's called reddit, you should try it.
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>135746492
Gee, it's so hard to read the sarcasm in your response.
>>
>>135746656
Dude, I'm a literal autist and I could see the sarcasm from a mile away there. Yours too.
>>
>>135730143
I did
>>
>>135744706
I just don't know why the author hates making any other male character that could be seen as a threat to Kirito in terms of being an alright guy, outside of Klein.

I remember hoping that one guy would win da Shinobowl before he went full ASADA-SAN
>>
>>135732629
The logistics of players playing as the opposite sex was never taken into account. It was the plan from the beginning to have them become their own sex.
>>
How does one store up two years worth of semen online? Why only two? Did Kirito fap regularly before the game?
>>
>>135750129
>Also, yet another new heroine has appeared in the story. Again, I'm very sorry about this. I'm afraid you might be getting weary of this process, but...it's probably going to keep happening...Now that I think about it, Accel is working very much the same way. I'm not doing this intentionally - I swear. I just don't have the skill to tell a story with a variety of viewpoints, so every female character I introduce must have some kind of realtionship to the protagonist out of necessity.

You are talking about a guy that admits that he can't even write female characters, that can arguably have 50% less character than males because they can be carried by tits.
>>
>>135750361
The world may never know...
>>
>>135736061
>retarted
>>
>>135730143
First half had some random plotholes, but was saved by interesting side characters and nice art. But it became clear pretty quickly that Kirito wasn't going to develop as a character and the second half took a real fucking nosedive. Asuna's reduced to a damsel in distress while Kirito switched back and forth between desperate to save his girlfriend who is almost literally about to be raped, and having tons of fun in a new game while he puts priority into helping Leafa with her dumbass guild drama. And while we're told the game is all about magic, we see Kirito use a total of about three spells before he goes back to hitting stuff with a sword. Went into GGO just to see how bad it could get but ended up dropping it when it came to Death Gun's immensely convoluted plan.

Fuck that show. It may not entirely deserve ALL the hate it gets, but it definitely deserves some hate and absolute doesn't deserve all the praise it gets from normies.
>>
>>135746155
Keep telling yourself that, you self-important attention-whoring faggot.

You'd be better off building yourself up from scratch every thread because then we wouldn't immediately discard your opinions the moment we see your trip.
>>
>>135743162
>SAO has furniture crafting
Well that's new!

>>135750129
Well there's Eugeo in Alicization.
I'm still a bit broken up about what happened to him though.
>>
>>135750361
It's implied that he did.
>>
File: 29238523_p0.jpg (235KB, 1082x910px) Image search: [Google]
29238523_p0.jpg
235KB, 1082x910px
>>135735534

It is easily recognizable
>>
File: 1441541242515.jpg (221KB, 1064x872px) Image search: [Google]
1441541242515.jpg
221KB, 1064x872px
>>135756727
Well by logical implication, whether the author thought of that or not...
>>
>>135730143
Because it's shit. SHIT!
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.