[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder Reborn was not finished, Amano had a draft for Volume

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 10

File: Draft.jpg (82KB, 426x604px) Image search: [Google]
Draft.jpg
82KB, 426x604px
Reminder Reborn was not finished, Amano had a draft for Volume 43 with new villain and she wanted a better ending
>>
>>135727921
link is in the forum since 4chan its its spam

https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/weekly-shonen-jump-2015-discussion-and-toc-talk.3001564/page-72
>>
>>135727987
*Thinks
>>
Well that explains the horrid ending. Still try to forget I got into the series in the first place because of it.
>>
Not like it would change the fact Reborn is shit.

Just less shit.
>>
>>135727921
Reborn with a second series. Please.
>>
File: bermuda_von_vichtenstein.jpg (152KB, 770x1038px) Image search: [Google]
bermuda_von_vichtenstein.jpg
152KB, 770x1038px
>>135727921
Don't care what anyone saids but this fucker gave me a good laugh.
>>
time travel archs ruin everything
>>
Did it get canceled then?

> she wanted a better ending
I hope that includes one where Tsuna doesn't pussy out by saying he STILL doesn't wanna become the 10th Boss after all that shit that happened.
>>
Haru > Kyouko
Did Kyouko even do anything in the series?

>>135729507
I got off the ride once they went full Pokemon with the boxes and rings and all that crap.
>>
Ring Arc > Mukuro Arc > 8 volumes of pointless gag comedy > rest of the manga > Future Arc
>>
>>135729683
>Ring Arc
Which one was that? Varia?
>>
Varia Arc > Arcobaleno Arc > Mukuro Arc > Comedy Chapters > Future Arc > everything else

Even though she wanted more, she definitely could've had it end better
It's as if the only difference from start to end is Tsuna made friends.
He denied being boss, lives in the same house, same school, probably same grades.
>>
>>135727921
>she wanted a better ending
Pretty sure it still was gonna be shit
>>
>>135727921
Nothing changes, it was shit from the beginning.
>>
>>135729385
He was pretty silly looking and a good throw back to Shonen.

Damn shame Jaeger spoiled us with how he was nothing more than a one man army.
>>
>>135729912
Let me fix that for you.

Varia Arc > Arcobaleno Arc > Kukuyo Gang Arc > Comedy Chapters > shit >everything else

Future Saga a shit.
>>
>>135729605
>Haru > Kyouko
>I got off the ride once they went full Pokemon with the boxes and rings and all that crap.
2/2 true statements. nice
>>
I gave up around the start of the Arcobaleno arc. Amano had kept me throughout the Future arc, and then the Shimon arc, and then I just said fuck it.
>>
>>135729605
>Haru > Kyouko
Mein neiger of superior taste.

>Pokemon with the boxes
Agreed. That was pointless as fuck, I mean Natsu a qt, but still so pointless.

>Rings
I thought they would've been an interesting gimmick had they not been giving to every fucking person and provided a bullshit power-up every arc after their purpose was introduced.
>>
>>135730352
You're full of shit, buddy.

Had you stayed through the garbage that was both the Future "arc" and the Simmon arc, you would have stayed through the somewhat better quality of the Arcobaleno Arc.

Future and Simmon just remind me of how wrong this series went.
>>
>>135730415
I stopped when Skull grew up into his adult form for the first time onscreen. I had just gotten tired of Reborn, and seeing that the Shimon would continue to play a large role in the series made me give up.
>>
>>135730470
It was literally the only decent Arc after Varia since it gave the series the greatness known as Jaeger.
>>
>>135730523
I don't remember a Jaegar, so I must have dropped it before he showed up.
>>
File: Vindice.png (1MB, 1390x900px) Image search: [Google]
Vindice.png
1MB, 1390x900px
I forgot how awesome the Vindice were. These zomie mafia mother fuckers.
>>
I still liked the original gag comedy arc the best, it was genuinely funny and had some truly creative moments.

Also Hibari was cool, would be gay for him
>>
>>135730786
Hibari had funny moments too. Especially with how his dynamic with Ryohei worked.

It was like the Straightman and the Goof.
>>
File: Gokudera.Hayato1399460.jpg (719KB, 860x1370px) Image search: [Google]
Gokudera.Hayato1399460.jpg
719KB, 860x1370px
>>135730786
>not Gokudera
Ya blew it
>>
There is no better ending, this series went to shit soon after the first arcs, there was nothing redeeming about it, generic annoying main character, generic annoying villains, generic plot.

I mean, I guess some designs were good? So there might be that redeeming about it...
>>
File: chrome dokuro.jpg (51KB, 225x640px) Image search: [Google]
chrome dokuro.jpg
51KB, 225x640px
>>135730961
This series might not be that good but I really love the character and clothes designs espeically the girls. Every girl was best even though they did nothing.
>>
>>135730847
who was the straightman and who was the goof?
>>
>>135730360
>pointless
>mobile weapons at hand that can pop out instantly when dealing with baddies
>useless
???
Did you even read the series before this arc? They had a huge problem with weapons because of carrying them around in the open. Mafia people can't do that shit.
>>
I don't care, I was already angry with Reborn by the ending of the future arc, and when the Vindice arc ended I dropped it.
Only some weeks later I realized that the manga ended right on the next chapter, had it continued I wouldn't read anyway.
>>
>>135731065
It doesn't matter if the girls are good when all the male characters are spineless little shits who go "kyaa, a naked girl", in other words, girls don't matter in a fujoshi manga.
>>
>>135731220
Are you homo?
>>
File: Haru-Kyoko.jpg (99KB, 640x437px) Image search: [Google]
Haru-Kyoko.jpg
99KB, 640x437px
Left or right?
The anwser is always left
>>
>>135731298
No, just mad that eve though the initial premise was "oh, I want to confess to some shit girl that doesn't even care about me", nothing ever came out of that, and it ended exactly how it started.

I am also mad that Haru didn't win, because she was best girl by a mile.
>>
>>135731489
The point was that Tsuna at least has one more thing than he did than in the beginning so, it's not like how it started.
>>
File: rjryex.png (444KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
rjryex.png
444KB, 750x750px
>>135731319
The real answer is Hibari
>>
Am I the only one that liked Reborn start to finish? I know the ending was rushed as fuck, but I still enjoyed it. I think the ending tied the beginning together nicely.
>>
File: Shimon_Family_except_Julie.jpg (194KB, 750x1083px) Image search: [Google]
Shimon_Family_except_Julie.jpg
194KB, 750x1083px
>>135731489
It's better to just focus on the good things no matter how small they may be. Just make the girls your waifu since no one has tanted them. There's also the anime's ost and OP/ED. That shit was pretty high tier.

>>135731722
I did, it's comedy wasn't that great to me though and furure arc was pretty slow but still liked it none the less.
>>
>>135731809
The comedy was pretty tame, but I loved the bits with Reborn and Lambo.
GA
MA
N
>>
Reminder that after bleach, gintama and adicted to curry reborn has been the longest series after 2000 for shonen jump
>>
Why hasn't anyone translated this draft version? I enjoyed the ride, even though it was pretty shit at some parts.
>>
>>135732454
Probably because it's recent and has over a hundred pages.
>>
File: 10125277.png (747KB, 1093x1110px) Image search: [Google]
10125277.png
747KB, 1093x1110px
>>135730712
>>135731809

>introduce new family
>supposed to be strong
>make them job hard
>all that Hibari dick sucking

I was mad.
>>
>>135732183
Pretty sure it's also the longest series by a female in Jump.
>>
>>135729912
>>135730238
I would still consider Shimon arc to be above Future arc for not dragging on.
>>
>>135732503
But they didn't job. They were stronger than pretty much every other person in the universe that wasn't Vongola.
>>
>>135730470
>Shimon
>Ever accomplish anything after their own arc
Gingerbread sucks even without Emma helping out Tsuna.
>>
>That one doctor from early on never showed up again
Never forget even though I forgot his damn name
>>
>>135731065
Chrome awakened my eyepatch/chuuni fetish, now I know why I got a blast of nostalgia when I first watched Chuunibyou.
>>
>>135732920
Doctor Shama does appear again.
>>
I wouldn't mind a continuation.

Hell maybe they can animate the last few arcs. Shonen Jump can never have enough fujo money.
>>
>>135731489
The point is that MC is Japanese Charlie Brown and can't do anything right no matter what, you're supposed to point and laugh at him while dodging the fujobucks rain down.

>>135732920
Shamal, right?
>supposedly one of the most badass characters
>was skirt-chasing for the final arc
>>
>>135729507
It put things into another level, then next arc it went down but the new enemies were stronger than the last enemy, then te entire cast somehow got the same "powerlevel" for the final arc, then Tsuna went back to no good Tsuna.
>>
Here's what you do

Retcon Reborn to restart at the end of the Varia arc. Then make the Shimon arc the following arc.
After that introduce Mafia families around the world so the gang travel to places like America, China, Europe, etc... Final arc is a mafia war with the Vongola and it's allies facing off against the Final Boss.
>>
Has there ever been a more bland and generic female character than Kyouko?

400 chapters and not a memorable thing.
>>
>>135733303
All of that was already implied to have happened in the Future arc. Byakuran was the Final Boss and they beat his ass with the past Vongolas and their allies.
>>
Why does Gokudera lost 99% of his fights despite being Tsuna's right hand man?
>>
>>135731065
I love how she was properly delegated as a housemaid once Mukuro was free.
>>
>>135733419
Because nobody is supposed to win besides Tsuna and Hibari.
>>
>>135733419
Dynamite can only take you so far
>>
>>135733426

It's funny that the author was a woman yet she made almost all the female characters maids.

While the boys were fighting and training the girls were cooking and cleaning.
>>
What is the best flame aside from Sky

Rain and Sun for me
>>
>>135733653
Storm, clearly.
>>
>>135732503
I feel you, man. Absolutely wrecked Vongola and then a week later they can't even put up anything resembling a fight.
>>
I had never thought an arc could be so tiring like the Future Arc.

Half of Reborn was spent in the future fighting with pokemon against some cosmic evil. It also had one of the most aggravating plot twists ever (the REAL Funeral Wreaths). When I thought they were going to finially fight Byakuran and end the shit it turns out there are 6 more guys to beat first.

It simply ran out of steam after that monstruosity.
>>
>>135727921

Is that picture a reference to Reborn wearing the crown on the last volume cover?
>>
>>135731319

Haru served literally no purpose
>>
>>135732964

He does not appear again after the Varia arc, unless you count a brief appearance in one of the anime's nearly identical filler arcs
>>
>>135734244
Haru was being best waifu for Tsuna. I don't know if we were reading the same thing or not.
>>
I'm surprised the anime ended after Future when the manga was still ahead.

Knew that ending had to be a fluke on Amano's part, otherwise it would have said Curse of the Rainbow was the final arc in its initial chapter
>>
Love Amano's art, and am kinda bummed her one shot about the bum detective didn't get picked up.

Also Drawing Days is probably tied with Asterisk as the most GOAT opening for a jump anime
>>
>>135732503
literally every post Varia Arc
Enemies now friends job to new baddies and Hibari gets to do anything he wants
>>
>>135727921
It wouldn't have changed the fact that the manga got really predictable. Every arc was just Tsuna trying to be normal kid, then 6-7 new enemies appeared, climax is every gang member pulling a new ability just for that battle with Tsuna going baddass for the final battle. Also, did Tsuna ever get any character development? He always got serious when he had to fight the boss but he seemed to revert back to his old self every time his badass self wasn't needed.
>>
>>135733812
To be fair, that was only Enma, whose powers are bullshit if you think about it.

At least Jaegar and Bermuda were fun.
>>
Beelzebub got a rushed ending, too. It got a bimonthly spinoff series that served as a sort of epilogue for the Jump series.
>>
>>135733675
>supposed to be destructive with disentagration attributes
>never appears notably more powerful than the other flames

>>135731489
Did she actually lose? That pisses me off. Haru was best girl by far.

>>135731319
Left

>>135731722
I actually did enjoy it. There were still some low points of course; I read it when the future arc had already finished, but even then I could feel the drag in that arc.
>>
I don't care, Hibari was best boy and I'm glad he could do whatever he wanted, even in the future.
>>
>>135735139

Hibari ruined everything.
>>
>>135735199
Why? I liked how autistic he was.
>>
To this day the ending pisses me off.

I thought I didn't care for the romance but I am pissed that nothing happened between Tsuna and Kyoko

After 100s of chapters of fighting and events you can't just go back on everything like that in the ending. Absolutely nothing was resolved. I don't care if she had to rush the ending. Fucking bullshit
>>
File: 1448938022587.jpg (11KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
1448938022587.jpg
11KB, 250x236px
>Varia arc
Everything after this was utter shit though.
>>
>>135735343

Very cool battles, world building and one of the few moments where character development happened.

After that arc Reborn could go anywhere but it shot itself in the foot with the Future arc.
>>
>>135734502
Wait, there's a jump manga called Asterisk?
>>
>>135736349
I agree, but I still thought Gokuderas gun in the future arc was cool.
>>
>>135734502
>Drawing Days
Fucking loved that OP. Reborn really did have some top tier OPs and EDs.
>>
>>135727921
I want my time back from reading this crap, it doesn't matter that she wanted another fucking arc the fact is that she couldn't make a satisfying ending with what she got and went full fucking retard.
>>
wat
>>
I wanted to see Enma's arc animated.
>>
What I couldn't get was why she made so many cool characters, and then dropped pretty much all of them.
Like ryohei, he was my favorite vongola - suddenly 0 screen time. Xanxuz, the cerevello, Genkishi, Lancia, etc
It seems like it devolved into only really banal pandering of Tsuna, Hibari, and kind of Mukuro. I guess because they sold the best.
>>
>>135741515
I think that plus the lack of progression with Tsuna's character, ultimately did her in. It got annoying after a while.
>>
>>135727921
I love Amano artwork but she can't write to save her life.
>>
>>135741954
Kind of wish Tsuna would be in his dying will mode all the time.

Not too fond of overly wimpy or genki MCs
>>
>>135727921
The only good thing about Reborn was the pacing.
I mean al this >>135729683 happened while Bleach only did one arc.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.