[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /a/ think about baccano? I'm about to start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: 285px-BaccanoDVDBoxSet.png (194KB, 285x381px) Image search: [Google]
285px-BaccanoDVDBoxSet.png
194KB, 285x381px
What does /a/ think about baccano? I'm about to start watching it.
>>
>>135694590
>not Miria
anon pls
>>
>>135694550
>What does /a/ think about baccano?

There is literally not a single person on /a/ who likes it, and nobody ever cites it as a rare good show. I would recommend you watch Green Green instead.
>>
Great show but watch the English dub, it's just not the same without the 30's gangster accents.
>>
>>135694637
Ok than what's green green?
>>
Bad pacing but overall very enjoyable.

Watch the dub
>>
>>135694682
A masterpiece. I don't want to spoil it for you: go watch it and find out.
>>
>>135694703
Thank you for not spoiling it, spoilers kinda make me not wanna watch shows.
>>
>>135694550
The story and how it's told is neat but the show is basically ruined by 3-4 really fucking annoying characters.
>>
>>135694728
I enjoyed the hell out of it. Dub is actually really good too.
>>
>>135694550
Thought it was boring and came just to see if this shitter was one of the first replies >>135694590
>>
>>135694823
There are no bad characters in Baccano.
Beside the edgy vampire faggot.
>>
The disjointed storytelling doesn't work as well with Baccano as it does with Durarara since the events are so far apart in time and location and it lacks that buildup to some big resolution. But the soundtrack is great, I still love the OP, the dub is charming, and Isaac and Miria are the best.
>>
>>135695081
Isaac/Miria/Ladd made it basically unbearable for me
>>
It had good pairing.
>>
Its a solid 8/10
>>
>>135694647
Not OP but I checked out the dub a while ago, but I just couldn't get over Ladd's voice. He was the best character in the show and the english voice just didn't live up to it
>>
>>135695706
You'll have a hell of a time trying to live up to Keiji Fujiwara.
>>
Baccano! is great. Way better than EVA.
>>
File: 1414899484238.png (399KB, 600x710px) Image search: [Google]
1414899484238.png
399KB, 600x710px
>>135694550
My vaforite animu ever yet.
>>
If you're hungry for weird train shit, the last express is better. Baccano has no stakes. The rail tracer is pretty dope.
>>
>>135694550
Why don't you make a thread after you actually watched it? Idiot.
>>
>>135694637

>/a/ Likes Durarara but not Baccano.

This place really does have the shittiest taste.
>>
>>135694697
But the dub clearly is great
>>
When will dubfags from Reddit learn that spoiler tags aren't epik surprise boxes?
>>
>>135694550
>Watching it
>Watching it
>Watching it

PLEASE DON'T. It's a TERRIBLE adaptation.
>>
>>135694637
I like it.
>>
When it came out, /a/ absolutely loved it and we'd have threads about it often.

It then became popular and now /a/ hates it.

Par for the course, really.
>>
Buccano, shitty durarara ripoff
>>
>>135699105
Why are you trying to pretend this is anything new or a result of Redditors? People have been using spoiler boxes like this for as long as they've been around.
>>
OP here. Uodate: I'm on the 9th episode and I'm really enjoying it so far. My favorite characters so far are Jacuzzi, Isaac, maria, and firo.
>>
>>135699787
Also most of /a/ became insufferable somewhere along the way.
>>
>>135694637

> Green Green

I fucking hate you.
>>
File: oh man.jpg (240KB, 644x910px) Image search: [Google]
oh man.jpg
240KB, 644x910px
>>135699840
You're forgetting someone.
>>
>>135694550
6/10 everyone was unbearable save from Isaac and Miria. Rail Tracer was nothing but a plot device,a guy that was here for the sake of being edgy
>>
Reminder to watch in sub and not dub like some fucking idiots will tell you. Japanese VA for Isaac and Miria is literally perfect compared to the dub, which is all that matters.
>>
>>135694550
Really good
Watch the dub
It makes you feel like watching a tarantino film
>>
>>135699796
More like one is HBO and the other is MTV
>>
10/10 anime in my humble opinion
>>
>>135699894
Has there ever been a more "edge incarnate" character than Railtracer?

Alucard?
>>
>>135695081
Chrisopher is ok, he's a good boy.
The worst is fucking Fermet. Why the fuck does he alive? Chez ate him! What the fuck did he do on flying pussyfoot?
>>
>>135699787
No, when it came out, it was extremely underrated, and Baccano threads were pretty small as it was overshadowed by the actually popular shows like TTGL or DtB. Even when the final DVD-only episodes were out, the discussion threads were still small. It took about a whole year before good word of mouth on /a/ eventually managed to expand the small fanbase into one that was large enough that you could find regular threads on it every other day.

Once the dub came out and Durara started airing, enough people had watched it that you could actually see people on /a/ voicing dislike or hatred for the show, especially since there were a lot of people either putting it on their 3x3s or on their top 10 lists.
>>
The dub is shit and the show slightly less so.
>>
File: bored.jpg (56KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
bored.jpg
56KB, 350x500px
>>135694550
I see quite a lot of people praise it but I didn´t see anything special. It wasn´t shit, but far from being great.

And as other have said, the pacing is crap. When it finished
>Hm... that´s it?
>>
>>135700088
Probably made copies of himself using homunculus or something? I don't know.
I feel like that's the most likely scenario, unless some new thing is pulled out of no where.
>>
>>135699935
This.
Watched the Subs originally and switched to the dub for a few seconds but Isaac and Miria just sounded as bad as other dub VAs.
>>
>>135694550
Baccano hides its complete lack of substance behind its nonlinear gimmick. All it really has going for it is a cool OP
>>
>>135702438

'no'
>>
>>135700153
Meme opinion friend!
>>
>>135702438
This.
>>
Excellent show.

Disappointed it'll never get a season two.
>>
>>135702438
This is kind of bull, I think it's an excellent action edgefest(for lack of better word) which uses the nonlinear storytelling to keep it interesting. The plot in particular wasn't really that interesiting after a while, and the final payoff was kind of underwhelming

It has a vast amount of characters, while some had boring arcs or were one-dimensional, another part of the cast were way more interesting, and I was actually suprised by how much I started to like characters like Ladd.

It's really easy to marathon too
>>
>>135702761
They're all one dimensional.

You're right that it actually works pretty well if all you want is an action edgefest, though.
>>
>>135703172
>They're all one dimensional.
I guess you could say that, then again, practically no one got enough screentime to develop their characters that much, and It wouldn't really fit the show in general that well if they were focused on making the characters complex.

I mean, the archetypes which the characters embody are at least entertaining, I do not think it has to have complex character drama, like seen in slower shows such as Monster.

In conclusion I guess you could say that it's a short and unique anime, which focuses more on its non-linear gimmick and action, than complexity of its characters and plot.

Anyway, since no one is replying, I guess the thread can die now
>>
>>135703172
>They're all one dimensional.
Only in anime.
In LN even Isaac and Miria has their backstory and sad moments, like Isaac going to Alcatraz
>>
>>135694637
BULL FUCKING HORSE SHIT. /a/ fucking love baccano as much as cowboy bebop.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.